PS4-Infamous

LittleBigPlanet: Sack It To Me – The “Whole Lotta Links” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on May 14, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey guys,

Its been a while, but we’re back with our normal Sack It To Me programming with all your LittleBigPlanet news…

Marching Side

What's New

WHEW…what a week! As many of you have already heard, we’ve officially announced LittleBigPlanet 2 with a Sack-tacular event in MediaMolecule’s neck of the woods and the media response has been tremendous. And by looking at all the comments and responses by the community, we can tell you guys are just as excited as we are.

Some of our favorite quotes from the press…

“And, when the game ships and we start to see what the game’s dedicated community comes up, we’re prepared to have our minds truly boggled.” – IGN

“Our goal is to melt all of your brains,’ said Evans at the start of his presentation, and given the wealth of new content and features Media Molecule showed off, he just about met that goal.” – GameSpot

“…it almost seems unfair to call it a sequel. It’s a full-scale evolution in the world of user-created content.” – Game Informer

And finally…“Here’s my advice: watch the following trailer then close your Web browser because the Internet won’t get any better today. It’s the debut trailer for LittleBigPlanet 2 for the PS3.” – CrunchGear

And some from our fans on the PlayStation Blog…

“Great, now I have to pick up all the little pieces that were my brain off the living room floor. This is going to take a while” – thepatriots

“Wowzers is the only word that is appropriate” – Imputed7-14

“For some reason I felt tears were about to be shed from my eyes.” – spazjin

And the LOL comment…”There in our base, killing our DUDES!!!!!!!!” – DZORMAGEN

New on the PlayStation Store

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…..

More Animals! Costume Kit for LBP PS3 ($2.99) – You loved the first round of our Animals costumes so much that you’ve demanded more, and we listened! Grab the costume kit to get all 4 costumes (Hippo, Turtle, Peacock, and Fly) and save. You can also grab each one individually for $0.99 each.

LBP More Animals pack

Wilderness Costume for LBP PSP (FREE) – Get a sneak peek of what’s in the Wilderness Theme Pack with this FREE costume!

Wilderness Theme Pack for LBP PSP ($2.99) – Download a new set of goodies to create your own Wilderness themed levels. The Wilderness Theme Pack includes 5 Costume items, 13 CREATE Materials, 15 Stickers, 1 Music kit, and 1 Background.

Jungle Sackfari Explorers Costume for LBP PSP (FREE) – Get a sneak peek of what’s in the Jungle Sackfari Explorers Theme Pack with this FREE costume!

Jungle Sackfari Explorers Theme Pack for LBP PSP ($2.99) – Download a new set of costumes and CREATE materials to create your own Jungle Sackfari levels! The Jungle Sackfari Explorers Pack includes 4 Costumes and 12 Stickers.

LBP Wilderness Costume AddOn LBP Wilderness Theme AddOn

LBP Sackfari Costume AddOn LBP Sackfari Theme AddOn

NEW THIS WEEK……

Turbo! Level Kit for LBP PSP ($5.99) – Put the pedal to the metal with this massive vehicle-based pack. Race, battle and bounce your way through six completely new levels. And the fun doesn’t stop there, with hundreds more bits and pieces to fill your Popit, you can create turbo-powered vehicular contraptions of your very own.

Download a new set of levels to PLAY, as well as all of the CREATE materials you’ll need to create your own Turbo! levels! The Turbo! Level Kit includes 6 Levels, 121 Collected Objects, 28 CREATE Materials, 112 Stickers, 20 Sounds, 6 Music files, and 1 Background.

Turbo

User Spotlight

Digital Media and Learning Competition – WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

A while back, the MacArthur Foundation announced their competition to reimagine learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to young people across the world. In recent days the winners have been announced so click on over to learn a little bit more about the winners. CONGRATS GUYS!!!

for the weekend

Calling all Kid Creators

Also recently announced – The Game Changers competition! If you know some brilliant young LBP’ers, please spread the word about the 2010 Digital Media and Learning Competition. Gamers up to 18 years old are invited to submit a new level and a chance to win a special prize. Click on over for more details

Sackboy on the 'net

Finally, wanted to send out a big THANK to everyone helping to spread the LittleBigExcitement. So here’s a quick THANKS list – w/ links so the rest of you can catch up on all the online reading…

“THANKS!” – New York Daily News, USA Today, TIME, MTV, 1UP, CNET, Wired, PC World, UGO, Destructoid, Game Informer, GamePro, IGN, GameSpot, GameSpy, G4TV, GiantBomb, Paste Magazine, Joystiq, Kotaku, GameTrailers, GamaSutra, CrunchGear, Family Friendly Gaming, Monsters And Critics, Crave Online, Attack Of The Fanboy, Blast Magazine, GeekSugar, Gaming-Age, VG247, PlayStation Lifestyle, Total Video Games, Digital Chumps, Worth Playing, Kombo, PSX Extreme, Ars Technica, 411 Mania, Push Square, Gaming Target, Siliconera, Cinema Blend, Gaming Union, Examiner, VGRevolution, and the many others not on this list!

Also THANKS to our many fansites for help spreading the word like, LittleBigLand, LBPCentral, LittleBigNetwork, LittleBigPlanetGalaxy, LittleBigPodcast, and the rest of our community leaders.

Til’ next week…

PAGE 1 2

+ Kreamz28 on May 14th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

I have a few questions about LBP2′s Sackbots:

1) Will the AI Sackbots be able to wield weapons?
2) Can the grappler be used as a weapon to kill(or grab)Sackbots?
3) How high is the Sackbot’s AI capability? (Please give a scenario or example of a complex action that can be performed by a Sackbot)

Thanks, in advance if you get to answer my questions.

+ GLiTcH2 on May 14th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

Has anything been done to fix online connection issues in LBP2?

These online issues with LBP really frustrate me between the lag and getting dropped from games due to connection issues, I know it’s not just me as several other people on forums and a lot of my friends also have complained about this. Playing with friends online should be a fun experience and not a pain in the you know what….

+ xCaliberr on May 14th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

what happens if you have the GOtY do i get all of the dlc too?

+ darthlego on May 14th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

I have never had any issues with lag in LBP. I guess I am just lucky.

+ TubaDude49 on May 14th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Squid Adler is coming

+ Permafry_42 on May 14th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Can LBP and LBP2 get a ModNation Racers DLC?

+ Slarth on May 14th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Will Stephen Fry be narrating it again?

+ Psikorps on May 14th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

LBP1 costumes are going to work in LBP2…but not just for visual purposes, like they do now…

They are going to do…cool…stuff.

+ KoruptDawg on May 14th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

Run for your lives! It’s an army of blockheads! LMAO

+ Flyin_Piggy on May 14th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

Containing my excitement for LittleBigPlanet 2 is like trying to take down a Tyrannosaurus Rex with a twinky…

…I’m not sure how I’m going to do it, but I better figure it out quick before I’m eaten alive.

+ R1LEY62 on May 14th, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

Aw shucks…. I can’t afford the Turbo! Pack. Its $5.99, but me only haz $5.30! What a ‘lol’ situation eh?

+ Freakanoid123 on May 14th, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

Great to see these are back! But, I was wondering if…

-Will people who bought the GOTY edition *cough* be able to transfer their DLC that came with the disc to LBP2, since it’s technically on the disc?

-Will the, “Download Level” feature from the PSP LBP return in LBP2? I realize it was to save some loading times, but I really liked that feature, since you could easily load up a level without long waits (such as some of the more intricate levels had on LBP1). This would also be great for your favorite levels and such, and the ability to queue levels from the computer (as mentioned in a previous announcement) makes it all the more plausible this is being introduced.

-Will there be another beta for LBP2 as LBP1 had?

-And, (kind of a long shot here) would it somehow be possible to play LBP PSP levels on LBP2? I realize this would require alot of technical-doohickery, but it’d be nice to create a level while on the road, and then put it up on LBP once you get back.

Yikes, I didn’t intend for those to be so wordy…Well, make what you will of them.

+ Freakanoid123 on May 14th, 2010 at 7:06 pm said:

Oh, sorry for two posts, but I just thought up another question!

-Will it be possible for each player to have their own independent camera? For example, in LBP1, there was one camera that followed all of the players, and if any of the players strayed too far off screen from it, they would die. I personally think independent cameras should be included in LBP2. However, I DO NOT think they should be mandatory, they could simply be an option for creators to put in their level.

Right then, that’s the last of me babbling away on the comments for THIS announcement!

+ dragonmagician on May 14th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

What happens to all of those DLC that were announce? Like FF7 (probably silently cancelled), Marvel, etc.?

+ MKJ93 on May 14th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

…….speechless……….aah who the heck am i kidding, THIS IS FRIGGIN AWESOME, LBP would have to be the main reason im getting a PS3, if any PS3′s ever get into the store (HINT HINT SONY!!) in the meantime, LBP:PSP is keeping me plenty busy, GREAT JOB MEDIA MOLECULE AND SONY!! now i gotta find some way to get my eyes to blink again and to unfuse my brain….could take a while

+ patpat321 on May 14th, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

im gona make the best lbp2 lvl

+ phinnv8 on May 14th, 2010 at 11:38 pm said:

Great to hear about LBP2, me and my girl are both excited for its release. It’s also interesting to hear that there is an updated (new?) game and graphics engine here. I thought the lighting, in particular, looked really nice in the video, much software and more realistic. I hope the controls are a bit less floaty this time around too but really looking forward to it either way. Day 1 purchase for me.

+ DarkOne_PR on May 14th, 2010 at 11:51 pm said:

OK im hoping for sony to announce FF7 remake for ps3 on e3 and in commemoration of the Ultra Super Mega Awesome announcement they will FINALLY release the Sephiroth skin for LBP which was announced like……i dont even remember anymore…. If sony dont announce FF7 remake for this e3, consider a win for microsoft this year.

+ BalramRules on May 15th, 2010 at 4:19 am said:

Can’t wait for LBP 2, the box art already looks FABULOUS on TheSixthAxis, here’s the URL for the web page:

+ foodlionslave on May 15th, 2010 at 4:45 am said:

This game looks off the hook!!

Will it be in 720p or 1080p?
Is LBP2 going to have more levels than LBP?

I can’t think of anymore questions because the back ground song is stuck in my head. I’m really looking forward to hearing the rest of the sound track.

Keep up the GREAT work MM!!

+ TheAlp on May 15th, 2010 at 6:13 am said:

since we have already seen objects change layer in the announcement trailer will we be able to make sackboy run on the background because that would give so many opportunities to make games like the classic Zelda games etc (which would be incredibly awesome)

+ MAAZTER on May 15th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

just a suggestion about the beta, if you are doing one i’d say give it to the players who deserve it, as in the community creators since the main concern is making sure the level creator works perfectly and not if you can jump and grab perfectly.

i think i might be forced to buy move, first this now i hear ape escape the first ps1 game i ever owned is coming… damn you sony for still saving you big guns…

+ J-DANG on May 15th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

1. Will us loyal LBP1 owners get anything exclusive that new LBP2 owners won’t?

2. Will there be any pre-order goodies?

3. Will all the costumes/stickers/decoration/DLC we collected in LBP1 be usable in LBP2?

4. Will you ever released that Sephiroth costume?…(maybe as a pre-order for LBP2?) *hint*hint*

+ bumble3 on May 15th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

awesome!

+ Sharkonnen on May 15th, 2010 at 11:19 pm said:

I’ve read around a lot that all downloaded DLC costumes will be imported to LBP2, but what I’d love as much as that is if our CUSTOM SAVED costumes could be importable too, will they be??

+ Sharkonnen on May 15th, 2010 at 11:24 pm said:

Oh and about custom costumes, Will the new LBP2 Sackboy clothing be less tricky to sticker? I mean in the old game, a sticker put on the hand would ‘leak’ on to the head, and on the Incredibles boots, you put a sticker on straight and it skews. Could this be fixed in LBP1 and will it be gone for LBP2??

+ pwnerman228 on May 16th, 2010 at 7:00 am said:

In LBP2 will costumes be able to do special things such as if I am wearing the chicken suit from LBP1 would i be able to glide or fly or could I shoot electricity with the Infamous dlc, or could you kill monsters with a sword?

Also will the costumes go from LBP to LBP2 because having aced all of the levels I wouldn’t want to do it all over again.

+ Alastair- on May 16th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

Seriously people still get annoyed when someone posts a comment saying 1st.

+ michaelochs on May 16th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

can you guys update the littlebigplanetplayground space the creator one so we can actually make our background on our own please

+ fol1n on May 16th, 2010 at 7:47 pm said:

Are Sackbots Arms, Legs, Head, Joints, and ect. Are they deletable like for making zombies? You could have one missing an arm? But not 2 because then they couldn’t grab or they could have like a limping feature I don’t know.

+ LEGEND_KILLA5 on May 16th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

I can’t wait to play LBP2!

+ kingACA on May 16th, 2010 at 9:05 pm said:

I have one thing to ask you, and would be nice if you put it in the Q&A for next week. Well anyway its that if all annual DLCs will still be posted yearly when LBP 2 is out?

+ biff_999 on May 17th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

yes the old objects and DLC´s like costumes are compitable with LBP 2. so will there be a beta and if yes, when will u get keys?

+ LOLDART on May 17th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

Will there be remote play with the PSP in any way?

Any pre-order gift ideas yet?

Will there be anything extras if you own/played LBP 1 or PSP? like costumes or themes?

Will there be a beta again?

Will the long times improved?(they were awkward for me)

Is there plans for more DLC for LBP 1 before LBP 2 comes out?

Will there be support for my music?(for my levels to be played on my console only)

Don’t know if it was in LBP 1, but if I take a picture on my sackboy I would like to put it on my usb then on facebook or whatever I like. will you give support to this?

+ biff_999 on May 18th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

yes the old DLC are compitable with LBP2, but will there be a beta and if yes, where and when can i get a key?

+ biff_999 on May 18th, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

sry for double posting, but im so excited of the beta. and if i understood u right, u can save the photos on your console and then copy them on an usb stick

PAGE 1 2