Minecraft PS4

ModNation Racers Artist Spotlight: Kevin Butler…’Nuff said

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on May 17, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Merry ModNation Monday Everyone!

This week the Spotlight hits the one and only Kevin Butler. You know a lot of things about our VP of …well…. EVERYTHING, but did you know he had an artsy side? It was news to everyone in the office too. (And all that time I thought he was taking notes.) Watch as Kevin get himself “Modified”, see his particular approach to Track Creation, and wait to see a showdown of EPIC proportions at the end. It’s the stuff of legend.

Like Kevin‘s Creations? Download them starting May 25th once your get your full copy of ModNation Racers (PS3).

Just search under PSN ID: ArtistSpotlight1

Don’t forget the ModNation PS3 Demo hits PSN tomorrow so I hope your engines are revved up!

I’ll leave you with my favorite screen shot to date-

PRE-ORDER TODAY

A Family that Races together, Stays Together

Only 7 DAYS left to pre-order folks!

Have a great week everyone, more goodies to come right here on the PS.Blog!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ l3lackCalamity on May 17th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

I was gonna pre order till I found I cant preorder from bestbuy in Canada. Im disappointed :(

I want Nathan Drake.

Alas Im not given up yet. Ill find a way within the next week to get myself drake.

+ letherclad on May 17th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

I agree with the earlier post, kevin butler should do a kung fu live commercial, put MS’s stupid natal in its place!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on May 17th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

Like he did with this vid-

CLASSIC!

+ scareforce18 on May 17th, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

KB VS. JT!! doesn’t get more epicer

+ Zarxce on May 17th, 2010 at 8:12 pm said:

@140

Yeah, I thought it was pretty weird too. It might be because it was a Canadian Best Buy. Oh well, got the game preordered at EB earlier today. Can’t wait until next week!

+ GrayGhost45 on May 17th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

Internet!!!! GT5 is forever more, “Man Furismo Jive”!!!

+ Spinout209 on May 17th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

Chuck what’s your PSN?

+ gscottforthewin on May 17th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

Man that was too good, awesome!

+ fdshtydjey on May 17th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

I know that someone has probably already said this, but Kevin Butler and Jack Trenton need to host the E3 press confrence together, when I’m in the shrine auditorium and they announce Killozne 3, Resistance 2, a suprise ps3 exclusive, info on the ps3 exclusive agent, and the graphics on all of them are amazing,I want these two to be announcing that. Both of these guys are my role models,and E3 with these two at the helm would be a dream!

+ LordRaoh on May 17th, 2010 at 9:31 pm said:

“Half horse, half motorcycle, half man, half awesome”

lmao

that was an awesome video

great work, great fun, looking forward to modnation racers

as well as Man Furismo Jive

LOL

+ explosive78 on May 17th, 2010 at 9:37 pm said:

“Too much hair gell says what?” LOL!! Wait ws he trying to say that GT5 will have a track editor.

+ XenoNative on May 17th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

” too much hair say what,” OMG i laughed out loud and almost got punched in the face cause my fiance is sleeping. *memo to self* never watch a kevin bulter commerical on the laptop while in the bed.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on May 17th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

Words of wisdom my friend. :)

+ Destiny89 on May 17th, 2010 at 11:40 pm said:

Great ad, im way too excited for Sony’s E3, Please give us Sly4!

+ VenomXv on May 17th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

That was amazing! Lol @ “grown up child actor”. Can’t wait to play Modnation racers

+ Darkpen on May 18th, 2010 at 12:41 am said:

XD OMG, was not expecting Mr Tretton’s appearance in a non-portrait manner.

+ JAk_HAk on May 18th, 2010 at 1:18 am said:

Thought the demo would be on psn by now, but I’ll have to check in the morning.

+ daddychaddy on May 18th, 2010 at 2:08 am said:

sweet wat a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday with modnation demo, can’t wait till next week to pick up my copy of modnation racers for ps3 and psp… kevin butler your my hero

+ DamnBoxes on May 18th, 2010 at 2:30 am said:

Thanks Chuck for answering people’s comment. I wish other people at Sony would do this, like during the Firmware 3.21 fiasco.

I’m also grateful that Australia gets all 3 characters with a pre-order. (Not sure about Sackboy or mystery pack though).

+ DamnBoxes on May 18th, 2010 at 2:31 am said:

Thanks Chuck for answering people’s comment. I wish other people at Sony would do this, like during the Firm*cough*ware 3.*cough*21 fiasco.

+ wanted1978 on May 18th, 2010 at 3:44 am said:

hi
will there be a custom music?

+ Tomm4118 on May 18th, 2010 at 5:17 am said:

The demo is still not on? guess ill have to wait and see this afternoon.

+ MALDINI-1985 on May 18th, 2010 at 5:24 am said:

i rike it!!

+ appie17 on May 18th, 2010 at 5:37 am said:

Good commercail. Enjoyed it a lot

+ mistercomplexz on May 18th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

ZOMG I can’t beleive Bran machismo LIVE is coming out soon!

+ ESHAM976 on May 18th, 2010 at 6:31 am said:

great spot, and i love you got jack t. involved. is he really into playing the games or just making sure the ps3 and the games sell. in the video it looks like he’s just rockin left to right..acting.

but still funny.

+ PROTOBRO on May 18th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

I can’t wait any longer for the demo. What time will it be on PSN today?

+ Mr_B_Ram on May 18th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

good question? where is the update? seems i’ve been waiting forever. my son was up @ 6 am EST waking me up to find this demo coming out today, guess it’ll be past his bedtime b4 it comes and i get it downloaded? i’ll still get to play though.. on another note, i’m really happy you answer so many posts,chuck. you don’t get answers from other people @sony like u do from chuck. thanks again chuck, you r the BEST! MNR = 1st day purchase.

+ Mr_B_Ram on May 18th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

its 12:30 here in Va

+ Spyroluver88 on May 18th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

This video is AWESOME!!! Please put it on the PSN today:D

+ goldenXfinger on May 18th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Amazing. JT should be in the TV commercials too!

+ datb0yAvi on May 19th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

SONY WILL ANNOUNCE SONIC 4 ?&*>?

+ craig-handley on May 20th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

All awesome

+ scorpio182 on May 23rd, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Pretty funny, good job guys.

I really tempted to pick this up. I’m not much of a cart racer but looks awesome….

+ SD_SARG3 on May 23rd, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

That battle was epic! I can’t wait to get my hands on this! I guess next up in Gran Turismo 5, NOW I DEFINITELY CAN’T WAIT!

+ Deak1124 on May 26th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

Just exactly how do we go about unlocking Kevin in the game? I’ve been looking for answers and have found nothing…

+ tomemrick on June 12th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Hey can anybody help?I’ve been hacked as in the found out my password.And 5 different people have.So now I can’t use ANY of my DLC.I have over $100 of it.

PAGE 1 3 4 5