PS4 - Destiny

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! Top Gun is Coming to PSN

James Brooksby's Avatar + Posted by James Brooksby on May 20, 2010 // Studio Head, doublesix

I gotta do something here, I still can’t believe it. I gotta give you your dream shot! I’m gonna send you up against the best. You two characters are going to Top Gun.

That’s right… Maverick, Goose, Iceman and Viper will take to the sky again in Top Gun, exclusively for PlayStation Network this summer. doublesix is the developer, and Paramount Digital Entertainment will publish the game.

img0287

With the help of Jack Epps, Jr. the screenwriter from the “Top Gun” film, we built a game that allows players to relive and go beyond the original film. The film itself uses only a few environments and shows very little actual air combat. So, with Jack’s help, we created fresh action at flight school and added more combat against the Soviets over the Indian Ocean.

Top Gun is a free-flying air combat shooter where, as Maverick, players will blast enemies out of the sky in dogfight battles, obliterate ground- and air-based targets and show off their extreme flying prowess. Campaign mode features three parts: Prologue, where you will be introduced to your Soviet enemy, Flight School, where you will compete against Iceman, Merlin, etc. for Top Gun honors, and active combat over the Indian Ocean. There will also be a single-player Horde Mode and five online multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Top Gun (choose your wingman and compete against enemy pairs), Bombing Run (defend and attack mobile bases) and Capture the Flag.

img0202 img0144

Yes, you can request a flyby.

Yes, the day you can grow a moustache like Goose is the day you are officially a man.

Yes, the development team may have reenacted the volleyball scene many times for creative inspiration. No, you cannot join us.

Any questions?

img0072

PAGE 1 2

+ S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT on May 20th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

OMG, it’s footballrule :P Anyways, I’m going to own at this game as I do at any game with flight simulation :D

+ fuzzyclutter on May 20th, 2010 at 9:14 pm said:

somewhere out there kenny loggins is saying ” why all the e-mails all of the sudden ? ” LOL .

+ DiscoJer on May 20th, 2010 at 9:15 pm said:

Shouldn’t the pilot have been called “Gander” not “Goose”? Gander is a male goose, afterall.

+ fuzzyclutter on May 20th, 2010 at 9:17 pm said:

oops one more question . if we preorder we get a wearable replica of gooses mustach right ? or not . lol

+ swordzmanp236 on May 20th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

Man, I loved the film growing up!

Game looks like it’s gonna pwn, so without further ado…

“Mustang, this is Ghostrider, requesting flyby.”

+ GarethB1980 on May 21st, 2010 at 4:38 am said:

“we would like to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid…” one word ‘SOLD’

one question… if Iceman doesnt take the shot and bugs out, leaving me in his jetwash, will I go into a flat spin in the game?

I’m just asking because *holds back the tears* I dont know if I could go through losing Goose again!

+ boricuacookie on May 21st, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

Will there be a beach volleyball mini game?

+ Superstrokey1123 on May 21st, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

My best friend actually learned English in Bosnia from this movie. No joke. He was a little different when he first came over here lol.

+ MadMeat001 on May 21st, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

i don’t know if it is you guy who made BURN ZOMBIE BURN but i would love to see detail about BURN ZOMBIE BURN 2D for minis

+ PirateHarlock on May 21st, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

This is too little too late. A game based on a 24 year old movie which is older than a great number of players is a very limited market. People have moved on. and frankly I nor many thousands of other former fans simply cannot trust sony not to completely botch this with horrendous bugs and very bad decision making. It smacks of extreme desparation over a slew of bad games and worse firmwware downgrades that have left a very bad taste in our mouths. This bit of candy won’t wash that all away.

+ eFunk25 on May 21st, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

looks sweet! can’t wait to check it out

+ SpeedNut on May 21st, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

When we fail a mission, will the number for Truckmasters show up on the screeen? We might need that.

+ BalramRules on May 21st, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

top gunner??
soundz like a warhawk copy cat to me =1

+ PERFECT-SHOOTER on May 21st, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

is this game going to have an after burner climax feel to it. or an ace combat feel? becouse i love ace combat i had them all. after burner is not a good psn game

+ deadman67797 on May 21st, 2010 at 9:15 pm said:

James, I believe this could be a great movie game. My best wishes for a good game to doublesix!

+ x9248 on May 21st, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

“It’s actually a really cool combo of the two. It’s not “on rails”, either, but an open environment.”

You’ve just made a buyer out of me :P

PAGE 1 2