PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Coming Tomorrow to PSN: Super Stacker Lined up for PS3

David Jaloza's Avatar + Posted by David Jaloza on May 24, 2010 // Producer, InXile Entertainment

Remember when you and your classmates stacked brightly colored blocks at school? Did they ‘ooooh’ and ‘ahhhh’ as you placed each block higher and higher? Did you love to challenge your friends to make the tallest stack, enjoying the suspense before they all came tumbling down? Sparkworkz reignites your childish enjoyment with Super Stacker for PSN!

Super Stacker

Inspired by the game by Gaz Thomas, Super Stacker’s popularity pretty much demanded that we captured that fun and take it to the next level. This latest PSN exclusive version of Super Stacker is bursting with 2 new game modes, exclusive artwork, over 100 levels, multiplayer and much more!

Super Stacker

We’re most excited about the introduction of Competitive and Co-Op Multiplayer. You can now sit down with a friend and either work together to solve a puzzle or see who can stack faster and higher.*

Super Stacker Super Stacker

The two never-before-seen modes include Present Stacker: stacking blocks toward a particular ‘goal’, and Unstacker: blasting away dynamite blocks! And you’ve got to admit, every game is better when you get to blow something up.

Super Stacker for PSN is blocks on steroids. The premise is deceptively simple: Stack your entire queue of blocks onto a given platform without them falling off. If your stack can last more than 30 seconds, you win! Sounds easy, right? Well the grunts and groans of failure and loud screams of victory from countless fans beg to differ. With two new modes, multiplayer capability, badges, leaderboards, and over 100 puzzles to choose from, no other puzzle game on PSN can stack up!

Super Stacker will become available on PSN for PS3 tomorrow for $9.99.

*Sparkworkz may not be held accountable for damages or loss of friendship.

31 Comments   1 Reply

+ Darkwend on May 24th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

This game looks much better than Robin hood [sic].

+ V_Ben on May 24th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

whoa. that looks like it could be a load of fun :)

+ VVIIRRAA on May 24th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

looks like a fun game , i love casual games .

+ Darkpen on May 24th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

Will there be a demo, and are there plans to patch in Move compatibility?

+ Baltis on May 24th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

Meh, maybe. I’m getting use to not having demos and vids of these new games so we can try or see before we buy, though. I’m also use to not having anything of substantial quality on the PSN too. I can’t remember the last “GOOD” game that came out for it. We always get junk and when we do get a game it’s always on the xbox 360 for 2 bucks cheaper and or a month or two before the PSN gets it.

+ Bodachi on May 24th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Hope if comes to the UK store soon.

+ JLP_M on May 24th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

i like the style of it, i’ll def check it out

+ JLP_M on May 24th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

Ok, I played the flash version, and I loved it, pretty sure i’ll like the PSN as well

+ Midgetguy on May 24th, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

Is this for PS3 or the PSP?

It seems like it would be a super fun PSP game! (With gamesharing, or ad-hoc multiplayer!)

Either way though, the art style looks very catchy and it sounds like a lot of fun!

+ Midgetguy on May 24th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

@Baltis

Yeah, because Flower, Fat Princess, Super Stardust HD, WipeOut HD, or any other PS One classic, or other PSN Exclusive I missed, are all crap.

Seems to me like if it’s a PSN Exclusive title, you know it’s going to be a unique, quality gaming experience!

+ trev456 on May 24th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

I love the flash versions…hope this is as good!

+ Dolemite74 on May 24th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

That’s cool but I have to ask are we going to get Tecmo Throwback anytime soon?

+ sfgdfds on May 24th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

flash was lots of fun!

+ Baltis on May 24th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

@Midgetguy

Not all PSN games are junk. But the ones on your list there certainly are. Well, save for Stardust HD. That is one of my favorite games on the network, actually. The PS classics are a moot issue when you can find emulators for the PC and pop the games into your PC and play in 20x’s the REZ with 10x’s the graphic output than the PS3 can display. Besides, I own every Ps1 game I ever wanted – some 60+. I don’t wanna buy them again.

+ megalodonshark on May 24th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

looks kinda fun and my wife absolutely loves puzzle games. could you give us a little more heads up on other games coming out before they actually come out, my wife and i kinda get tired of the rigamarole of playing the guessing game with you guys, plus since you have switched release days you have been slacking on the releasing of actual playable games.

+ Unknown_Hero on May 24th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

I’ve played this before, great to see it coming to PSN.

+ Trucidation on May 24th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

This game was fun but $10..? It was way too easy to beat the flash version. Quality priced PSN games are too few and far.

+ moup94 on May 24th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

this is lame

+ Darklurkr23 on May 24th, 2010 at 8:09 pm said:

Yea Lame. Can we please get sound old games re-released on PSN with trophs (I have no idea why some have them some dont)

+ Frostquake on May 24th, 2010 at 9:41 pm said:

Burned too many Times will wait till someone else buys it and puts up actual game play on You Tube….You Guys, all you Developers need to put actual Gameplay for the System on YouTube!!

+ Frostquake on May 24th, 2010 at 9:45 pm said:

Sorry..Wow I wished they had an Edit button like other sites so we didn’t start a New Comment…$10.00 Way to much for a Block game…well wait for the eventual half-price that it certainly will be.

+ jacob-813 on May 24th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

Loved the computer version wish I had money in psn but I don’t

Just wondering, does the original superstacker creator get part of the profit or something?
No idea why u asked that

+ YeWest_is_da_man on May 24th, 2010 at 11:25 pm said:

I must say that little link you had shared with us in the comments section had me sold- it was great.

However, then I continued reading for the price thereafter, and found the 10 dollar price tag to be WAAYYY over priced. Lemme start by saying that I would def. get this for me and my gf- it is something the really seems fun in that regards. However, let’s call it what it is as well- it’s a stacking game. I’m pretty sure I could go out and get a thing of Lego’s for cheaper and get the same experience with my gf. So… while I appreciate your enthusiasm and attempt to pump this game up and hype it- it still doesn’t cover what it is, and what it really deserves to be. I think at MAX it is a $4.99 game, and even then you’d be hard-pressed to find some takers.

I’m not trying to bash or anything at all btw- that’s not my intent, because as I already stated, I find it REALLY fun. It just seems a little bit as an insult- from a consumer and avid video game lover standpoint- to throw something like this and say, in a sense: “Let’s see if we can get these suckers to pay too much for a game.”

+ tbond22 on May 25th, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

If Tecmo Bowl Throwback finally comes out today I will pick this up too, but I will not buy another game until TBT comes out.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on May 25th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

I just played the flash version, it looks like fun, but I think 10$ is just too much, $5 would be the right price

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on May 25th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

hmm also the iphone version is priced at $2, so definitely this is NOT a $10 game

+ KidCommando on May 25th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

Tried the flash demo and it was clever and fun. Will definitely pick this up when a sale hits, $10 is a little steep though.

A gameplay video of the PSN version would be helpful for the consumer. Still don’t understand why ANYTHING goes up on the store without a gameplay video or demo.

+ whatisdelicious on May 25th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Great art style, good faces. Looks like it could be fun. The flash version was fun and the WarioWare: Smooth Moves version was fun too. When PS Move comes out, you guys should definitely add Move support.

Not just because it’ll be good for the game, but because it’ll get the game more attention by at least having another news story up for it months after it came out.

+ tbond22 on May 25th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

Anybody know what the trophies are?

+ whatisdelicious on May 26th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

I just bought Super Stacker for the PS3, and so far, I like it. The biggest problem so far, though, is the sound design. It’s kind of… bad. It’s nice that you guys give the option to turn it all off, but then I’m just left playing in silence. This game desperately needs background music support in a patch, and PlayStation Move support down the line (it’ll help the game and get you guys back in the news for a bit to spur more purchases).

Again, I like the game so far, but background music is a MUST.

+ whatisdelicious on May 26th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

@tbond22: The trophies are all for beating sets of stages without messing up at all or exiting to the main menu. It doesn’t seem easy. I’m probably not going to bother. This isn’t the kind of game that should’ve had hard trophies, or such bland ones. They should’ve encouraged creative play.