Far Cry 4

LittleBigPlanet 2: Dissections and Interviews

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on May 26, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Fresh out of our LittleBigPlanet 2 FAQ last week, our hardest of the hardcore LittleBigPlanet fans continue to analyze every bit of LittleBigPlanet 2 they can get their hands on. And with so many new things in LBP2, we know it’s a lot to soak in! So consider this a recap of some of the great investigative work from our community, as well as some fresh interviews that you probably haven’t seen yet!

LittleBigPlanet 2

Announcement Video Dissections

Media Molecule interviews that you may not have seen:

39 Comments

+ Gombosi on May 26th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

LBP2 is easily one of my most anticipated games this year.

+ clank3345 on May 26th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

hope come small version come to psp thought of the title LittbigPlanet 2 1/2

+ Creator_B on May 26th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

I can’t wait for LBP2 to come out! Do we have a RD yet?

+ clank3345 on May 26th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

november

+ artform-fazeone on May 26th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

Thanks for the information.. Mark Valledor…. THE FAZEONES LOUNGE

+ Vex_Doppel on May 26th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Thanks, I’ll read through these.

+ Psikorps on May 26th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

I would like to see a Collectors Edition of LBP2.

A Sackboy Bobble Head would be….hella sweet.

Add to that some behind the scenes stuff, a soundtrack, some artwork, poster maybe, stickers (LBP is all about stickers) and loads of other stuff.

It seems every game these days has a CE for people to get loaded with tons of extras…*fingers crossed* that LBP2 has one.

+ zombie9 on May 26th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

I’m still not over that GOTY LBP that came out. will not be buying any more New LBP games. unless its GOTY,. Thanks MM!!!!

+ TwinDad on May 26th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

Waiting for LBP2 GOTY edition at Greatest Hits pricing. Fool me once same on you, fool me twice shame on me.

+ BigBoss712 on May 26th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

Can’t wait, I still play the first one almost every day.

+ phinnv8 on May 26th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

LBP2 looks awesome, definitely getting it. I hope its even bigger than the first game.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on May 26th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

Is LBP1 still getting a patch to support Move?

+ Stinkinmushroom on May 26th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

AWESOME! Will read every article. Thanks!

+ redknight4 on May 26th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

I would like to see some good clasical pices especily from chopin & mozart. 2 of my fav clasical composers.

+ zKAPOWz on May 26th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

i hope you guys do another public beta with this one to make sure you don’t launch the game with super laggy online again.

+ starboy11 on May 26th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

can i still think of a idea for the new title? if so littlebiguniverse

+ Fluidshine on May 26th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet was my most anticipated game ever and now I’m anticipating the second one almost as much! OMG I CAN’T WAIT!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on May 26th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

By the time this comes out, won’t We be able to play it in FULL ALL OUT 3D? Seeing as how the July 10th update for it….. Take that Xbux!

+ Xoonaka on May 26th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Any chance of an “auto-populate” type feature in LBP2? I love it in ModNation, and even though everything in ModNation is more generic, I love the concept all the same.

I know LBP1 had the pre-generated levels to help you get started, but they never seemed to really help all that much. Just made things seem even more complicated for the first time level creator!

+ Feral_Dragon on May 26th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

I can`t wait for this game, I play the first almost every day as well. But I am torn between buying it right away, just in time for Christmas, or waiting for GoTY edition. I loved the extras given in the first GoTY.

+ zombie_56 on May 26th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

my i dropped my ps3 down the stairs hopefully ps4 will be backwards compatible:)

+ SUPERGAMER247 on May 26th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

I agree a limited edition would be awesome throw in dlc with it and just to say the goty didn’t come out for a year that’s quite a while people

+ ixnine on May 26th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

*sighs* Sony/Mm, you guys are doing a great job at making 2010 a long year. I really can’t wait for LBP2.

+ Zookey on May 26th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Hey Mark–the winners for the Game Changers LBP comp got released :-) (I am jacked because I am one of them http://dmlcompetition.net/year_3/details.php?x=discovery-pier) –check it out dude! Can’t wait for LBP2–hopefully the new tools and toys will help us in making even more awesome LBP rides and coasters ;-)

+ JLP_M on May 26th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

can’t wait to see more one this

+ Permafry_42 on May 26th, 2010 at 8:32 pm said:

PC Controls????

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

i think my head just exploded…

+ ChocoboGirlAme on May 26th, 2010 at 10:28 pm said:

I literally got my PS3 to play LBP, and while it’s collecting dust right now…and I very rarely play it, I’ll be getting the sequel.

I’m just hoping making levels is easier than in the original. :o

+ ramirezkids3 on May 27th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

we like this game!

+ NivekKom on May 28th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

@8
Your loss ;)

+ josejaimes45 on May 28th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

I can’t wait for LBT2

+ lucas-ade on May 29th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

is this a playstation xclusive again ? sum my foolish x box mates claim its coming 2 x box!!!!!!

+ ForgiveMyAim on May 31st, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

@lucas-ade Foolish indeed, the 360’s puny DVD format can not withstand the power of Little Big Planet.

+ TheUndertaker85 on May 31st, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

@31 and 32

LBP happening on the crapbox won’t happen anyway considering that Media Molecule, the company behind LittleBigPlanet, is now part of SCE.

+ lucas-ade on June 2nd, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

@33 thats great to hear time shut those fools up

+ lostinc on June 3rd, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

I have LBP GOTY how would i use the DLC that is on the disc in LBP2 Mark?

+ Toasted_Icecream on June 5th, 2010 at 4:19 am said:

lbp new features:

bounce pad

grappling hook

control switch(if you hook it up to something like a robot that you’ve made if you move left analog stick right the robot will move
right)

microchip (basically every single switch)

you can alter gravity

you have button switches (if you put a triangle switch down to activate a bomb to explode when you press triangle the bomb will explode)

there will be 4 worlds (first one platforming the second world is a lot of arcade games and the other 2 are different categories)

all stuff from lbp1 will be transferred to lbp2
including dlc

and that’s all I got

+ Cerebruda on June 7th, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

kkkk psp will not have only ps3

+ jrstout55 on June 8th, 2010 at 10:41 pm said:

hey mark i have idea FOR LBP2: 1.MAKE IT SO WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN GUNS I WANT THIS GAME TO BE AWESOME SO IF YOU LIKE THIS idea i want you to make a section like guns and lasers so we could make vaporizer gun or shotgun like that this idea would make all level at least 8% better

+ Texthom on June 22nd, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

Awesome! Great list of interviews, loved hearing from Kareem as well.

Also, Mark you might want to take a look at this – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJNQRN6E_Go This is a very cool video series put together by some of the LBP community. Would be great for them if you gave them a shout-out on the blog!