Minecraft PS4

Killzone 3 for PS3 reveal: Guerrilla Games interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on May 27, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

What’s going to change in Killzone 3? The answer: a LOT.

Fresh off their European Killzone 3 media event, Guerrilla Games dropped into San Francisco to unveil Killzone 3 to the North American press for the first time last night, 3D TVs en tow.

I grabbed a few moments (well, 11 minutes, actually) with Guerrilla Games‘ Senior Producer Steven Ter Heide to talk jetpacks, fan requests, new Helghast foes, and how Killzone 3 will improve upon Killzone 2 in terms of graphics, controls, combat, and more.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ IronMan on May 28th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Wow no swearing are u serious? Its a war for petes sake. :/

+ Its_Kenn on May 28th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

lol lots of people hate that rico i hope he do something good in kz3

+ Kilo720 on May 28th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

online co-op mode or online co-op story would be nice, and spit screen

+ JKar275 on May 28th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

@Jeff: Congratulations on a great interview!
Would you please ask these questions during the next interview when they’re ready to discuss multiplayer:

1) Will there be vehicles in multiplayer?
2) Will there be Exo-Skeletons (mech suits) and jetpacks in multiplayer?
3) Will players who reached the highest rank in KZ2’s multiplayer be able to unlock a special weapon/gadget in KZ3’s multiplayer?
4) Will the online co-op have objective-based gameplay similar to Resistance 2’s online co-op?
5) Will the online co-op support 8 players just like Resistance 2’s online co-op?
6) Will vehicles, jetpacks and Exo-Skeletons be available in online co-op?

Thanks, Jeff!

+ juzstabme on May 28th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

In guerrilla we trust..

+ Dice_for_Death_ on May 28th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

This is most exciting. Can’t wait for E3.

+ Fahrbot on May 28th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

They should just keep Rico as he was and kill him off for doing something stupid in the first chapter. That way we can have continuity and replace him with someone likable. I personally can’t believe he’s showing his face in #3. I know all I’ll want to do at the start of KZ3 is to shoot Rico myself.

+ wanethemane93 on May 28th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Great interview Jeff and Steven. Love the series and can’t wait to play the third game. Everything that I thought needed improvement or could have been added to Killzone 2, was mostly addressed in this interview. It’s nice to see that the guys at Guerrilla notice these issues and listened to fan feedback. I know it is going to make Killzone 3 an even grander and more versatile experience than Killzone 2.
One thing I really hope Guerrila works on in the sequel is narrative. The environments in Killzone 2 were very engrossing and made the feeling of being in the hectic war against the Helghan Army more engaging. I just felt that the story could have done a better job of getting the player interested in the world and characters. I’m not asking for The Hurt Locker: Killzone Edition, just a stronger narrative than the previous games. Can’t wait to see more of the game in action and get more info from Guerrilla. Keep up the good work guys.
– Wayne Holmes

P.S. Why did you guys have to kill Templar off in the last game. He was my favorite character from the original and Liberation.

+ Maverick10 on May 28th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

I’m watching this vid again. KZ3 looks beast

+ DarkRecoil on May 28th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Great interview, for a truly great series. KZ3 is gonna be biiger than Jeasus!

+ jhd_1 on May 28th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Thanks Jeff for telling Mr.Ter Heide about the controllers its something bothered me in KZ2.

+ DA_SHREDDER on May 28th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Wow, Call of Booty huh? Thats original. So you dont know what lag in the controls im talking bout? I think you need to watch this video game. Scroll to about 2:20 and you will hear exactly what Jeff and Steve think about the controls and lag in KZ2 and 3.

+ DA_SHREDDER on May 28th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

video again, sorry. There really needs to be an edit option.

+ soricranko on May 28th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

as of now my major issue is enviornment variety, kz2 had everyting from jungle to malls to space ship, i want kz3 to do the same! different enviornments please!!!!!!!! besides that the game looks responsive, smooth and very pretty lol from what i saw in the background. I really like the melee stuff, and love the cover system, that should be standard in all fps, bf2 should have had it…

+ rc94 on May 28th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

Please don’t listen to these guys asking for substantial changes to KZ2. Everybody loved it just the way it was. Some basic tweaks in the netcode to reduce kill delays, and maybe making the ranking up process a little less gruelling would be more than enough.

+ El_Flash on May 28th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Thought the controls, were good. I love how depending on what gun you use, your control feels it, it gives it more realism. All those stupid call of duty crap ppl, that if everything is not like that, just love to complain, just need to shut up. KZ2 was an awesome game, and the MP was freakin awesome on it. Keep up the good work Guerrilla

+ Shin-Ra on May 28th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

I’ve watched this video through about eight times now. :D

Can you release the GamePro cover art as a 1080p wallpaper please?

+ XxsnipersnakexX on May 29th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

I agree. Louder sounds from the guns please. This is no Star Wars where the guns go piew piew. And, its closer to home. Cant wait for this.

+ Stoffinator on May 29th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Great job on the interview Jeff.

+ hippo9564 on May 29th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Been waiting for awhile. Can’t wait!

+ unworthyBOZO on May 29th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

Freaking Sweet.

+ X-iDevastator-X on May 29th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

Please make a beta.
Then we can give you feed back on what we think of the game :D.

+ Surfaced on May 30th, 2010 at 2:57 am said:

Thanks again, Jeff. It was really cool of you to share a physical copy of our wishlist for Kz3.

+ WARRIOR4CHRIST on May 30th, 2010 at 10:37 pm said:

We are all fired up for KILLZONE 3!! I love KILLZONE 2 everything about it except for all the swearing. I’m so happy to hear that will be better. Thanks so much guys for keeping KILLZONE going. How about more merchandise like action figures. That would be cool!!

+ B4D-8oY_RuLeZ on June 1st, 2010 at 2:33 am said:

Very nice Interview…Jeff

okay Killzone 3 is coming..

but what about Killzone Liberation 2 ??
any information about it ?? PLEASEEEE!!!

+ dek86ss on June 1st, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

Hello, I am Daniel Kiss(my last name) from Argentina, I wanted to ask if you could ask them to Killzone3 developers on the new system of close combat, which is a cool addition! and I was thinking, being in the crossfire with the Helghast automatically when an enemy is neutralized with the butt of the rifle, if you could use it as a human shield and when done with the enemies run it in a grotesque way, I know it use in the gear of war, but it is really useful in an open battle!, I will appreciate if you can ask at the next interview, greetings

+ Spetsnaz117 on June 2nd, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

If i could make a suggestion or a few for Multiplayer, they should take out the Rocket Launcher for online in Killzone 3 cause its just too much of a nooby weapon. It just ruins the online experience cause its just a horrible weapon and only used by thse who cant use a damned assault rifle or something. Keep the Grenade Launcher but take out the Rocket Launcher. Keep it as a secondary Ability. Like u get to fire one or two shots or something before u have to wait for it to recharge like with the Medic Healing Device. Also, make 1 to 4 player Split-screen competitive as an option for Skirmish cause its pointless to play by yourself and bots if u cant do it with your friends. And for Campaign, make Split Screen Co op alongside Online Co op.

+ KILLA_KING_007 on June 3rd, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

The controls.The intro and the graphics are always beasty.Can never see the videos from the blog on my ps3. Anyone gonna fix that?

+ yeastori on June 4th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

I want Killzone 3 to let you carry up to three main weapons while the pistol will be selected when you press the left directional button. The pistol is there and will not be counted as an accessory and isn’t one of the three weapons you can carry, also secondary fire be bringed back, if you want to keep the wall cover then instead of a button to do so just have the character stand next to a cover and an icon saying press this button shows up and they press it. Say the O button is for melle button when on a cover it can be use for hiding in a wall too.

+ fatleboo8 on June 5th, 2010 at 10:38 pm said:

I really can’t wait for this game. I’ve been saving money so I can pre order a special edition version of this game. which i hope they do. I do not care if i have to spend $100 for the special edition. I just want the game. I’m a hardcore Killzone fan and i hope this one lives up to its expectations. which i know it will.

+ fatleboo8 on June 5th, 2010 at 10:56 pm said:

Also, the one thing the game lacks is Co-Op. If they add that the game will become a huge hit, just from having Co-Op. Continuing on, make the game levels a lot longer. You guy’s are using the same graphics engine which means that you can now make your story a whole lot better. don’t get me wrong, i liked the story of KZ2, but not enough to keep going back to it.
Multiplayer is also something that wasn’t disappointing, but many people felt could be better. The game would still have a lot of people playing online if you guys added a better ranking system. I got to the highest rank in almost 1 day. Which was really! disappointing. Make the players want to go back to the multiplayer, that’s what you need.
One last thing, keep the custom soundtrack. I found myself playing more of the multiplayer when listening to my own music, it kept me very into the game.
You guys pretty much addressed a lot of what was wrong with the game, which wasn’t many. If you listened to anything i said, you will have a perfect game.

+ damdl on June 6th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

please co-op and local multiplayer please

+ bukkwheat74 on June 9th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

+ bukkwheat74 on June 9th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

…i mean THANK HEAVENS AND THANK HEL-GHASTS!!lol

+ KILLZONE_4_EVA on June 12th, 2010 at 4:47 am said:

Will the story be only be placed in the snow?

PAGE 1 3 4 5