Horizon Zero Dawn

May 27

UNCHARTED 2: New Multiplayer Playlist “The Lab,” and new PSN Avatars

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Mick Perona on May 27, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Hey Everyone, Are you itching for some more multiplayer mayhem? Well, you’re in luck!

This weekend – May 28 to June 1 – we’re introducing a new playlist that will mix things up and maybe, possibly lead to updates or additions to the existing playlists in competitive Matchmaking. We’re calling this playlist “The Lab.”

We’ll be running “The Lab” Playlist roughly every other weekend for the foreseeable future.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- The Lab multiplayer

During each weekend “The Lab” is active, we’ll be running a playlist featuring one or more custom-tuned gametype variations from the tons of variables we can tweak in our multiplayer gameplay settings.

Here’s the current schedule and description for the first event in our “The Lab” Playlist series:

May 28 – June 1
2 vs. 2 Team Deathmatch
Grab a partner for this small- to medium-size map mow-down. You’ve got 15 minutes to rack up 25 kills, or more than the other team, to prove your small-team superiority. I’m going to recommend now that you’re going to want pick a reliable teammate you want to play with over the weekend…

Of course, to commemorate the launch of “The Lab” Playlist program will be a Double Cash Weekend!

Starts: Friday, May 28, 10:00 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, June 1, 10:00 AM PDT

As with our previous Double Cash Weekend, the per match cash limit has also been raised to $150,000 maximum per match.

Head on over to NaughtyDog.com for the full schedule of the “The Lab” playlists, as well as to learn where you can chat in the forums to give your feedback on these new events, as well as get information on updated play schedules.

And that’s not all; don’t miss out on our brand new UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves avatar bundles for PSN we released this Tuesday on the PlayStation Store! We are so excited to be able to bring these new avatars for your PSN ID’s, we know how badly you’ve been wanting to update your avatars, and now you can show off your UNCHARTED pride in style!

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack #1 includes Nathan Drake, Elena Fisher, Victor Sullivan, [Cameraman] Jeff, and Karl Schafer. And Pack #2 delivers Chloe Frazier, Tenzin, Zoran Lazarevic, Harry Flynn, and the Phurba Dagger!

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar

Hurry over to the PlayStation Store and download these avatars for $0.49 cents each, or grab the avatar bundles to collect all 10 and save some moolah!

PAGE 1 2

+ explosive78 on May 27th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Sounds like a good idea to shake things up a bit. Im glad at least you guys care about avatars. Kick sony in the butt for us so they can kick out some more avatars.

+ yen-cid on May 27th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

i dont know who is more evil, what i do know is that they are all bad ass

+ Stinkinmushroom on May 27th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

as that Naughty dog on that MeinVZ website? What the eff was that?

+ Velmonte on May 27th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Sorry for being off-topic, but Why not some God of War III Avatars?

I hope there is a bunch of them, I love God of War!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on May 27th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Where’s Uncharted 2 GOTY edition?

+ BalramRules on May 27th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

Can’t wait for UC3 X)

+ boxmyth on May 27th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Shouldn’t it be: [Expendable Cameraman] Jeff?

+ jwood87 on May 27th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

Sounds great…. Any uncharted 3 news?

+ Link01 on May 27th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

God, I’m playing too many games at once… I wonder what you guys have in store for E3 ;)… could you tell me if you are going to speak on stage at all * no spoilers

+ Baltis on May 27th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

I need to get back to this game. I was almost on the way to platinum it but then you added a slew of online trophies I know I can never get.

+ PullusPardusUS on May 27th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

The….. Lab?
what are you guys referencing here? i never imagined Uncharted having to do with anything about Labs

+ Xoonaka on May 27th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

I really wish Sony would stop charging for a stupid little icon. I don’t care how much I love a game, I’m not spending $0.50 on it.

Worst yet, this is why we’ll never see custom icon support.

+ Armstrong on May 27th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

You should be able to get one of those avatars for free by unlocking all the multiplayer trophies!

+ Vabor on May 27th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

I’m so happy Uncharted 2 support continues. This is one of the greatest games of the last decade. Thank you SCEA!

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 27th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

+ angelspawn77 on May 27th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

awesome new avatars, but isnt the drake one available already for FREE? I want to sport the elena one cuz i think shes hot, lol, both the character and real life person that plays her.

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 27th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Hey Spawny, Nope, those ones are from 2007 for our first game UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. These new ones are for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.
    I’m seeing these pop up on my friends list like wild-fire already!

+ T3mpr1x on May 27th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

I recently got back into this game’s multiplayer thanks to a friend. Could have used some splitscreen, but oh well. He brought over his PlayStation 3, and we hooked it up to another TV next to mine. Both over Wifi and it played just fine!

Mick Perona's Avatar

+ Mick Perona on May 27th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

Yowza! Now that’s a cool friend! That sounds mega fun!

PAGE 1 2