LittleBigPlanet 3

New Promotions for PSP this June!

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Jun 01, 2010 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Hi everyone! Today is an exciting day for both the PSP-3000 and PSPgo systems. Starting today, June 1, we’re now offering some new initiatives that offer HUGE value for you across the PSP platform.

First, we’re excited to introduce a new $9.99 “Favorites” software line. Featuring a healthy variety of your favorite titles, this new value line will reconnect you with some of your old favorites or introduce you to titles you haven’t played before. Initial Favorites games will include:

We’ve also partnered with your favorite game publishers to include titles such as Justice League Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Manhunt 2 (Rockstar Games), Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (Crave Entertainment), Silent Hill: Origins (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.), Sims 2 (Electronic Arts), The Warriors (Rockstar Games) and so many more.

LBP_GHPSPcoversheet10-1-R1 GT_PSP-GH_pkg RR_GHPSPcoversheet10-1-R2

Want to get your hands on some of the best PSP titles of all time? We’re proud to announce the induction of four new games into the PSP “Greatest Hits” collection:

If you don’t own these fantastic titles, be sure to pick them up now for only $19.99!

SO2354_PSP_GO_SIDE_CA_MB07

Wait, the fun doesn’t stop there… If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go. What better way to get started with an all digital, full-scale, console-quality handheld gaming experience?

If you’re still looking for more, the PSP has got you covered. With a robust lineup of titles to choose from, you can always find the kind of game you’re looking to play. With newly released and upcoming titles such as God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Hot Shots Tennis, Invizimals, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, and ModNation Racers, PSP continues to bring you unparalleled gaming experiences only possible on the PSP platform.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ colstripcapn on June 1st, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

Ever hear the phrase “A day late and a dollar short”? That would sum this up.

That said, I think it’s a great idea to allow people to pick the games they want with a new system then to be forced with whatever is bundled.

Unfortunatly there is no way to make the PSP Go a good choice over the PSP-3000 (even with 3 free games). Smaller … okay … but big deal. The biggest problem is that UMD’s drop in price, digital downloads hardly ever drop. The vast majority of the games offered as digital downloads can be bought, new, as a UMD for cheaper.

I bought my PSP-3000 (new), memory stick (new), and 6 games (1 new, 5 used) for the same price as a PSP Go.

+ HerbertFortoon on June 1st, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

Also, I’ll bet this “promotion” doesn’t come with a price drop. $250.00 for a handheld that you can’t get used games for. Nobody wants that. Comically, the used game store where I work, sells these turds for $180.00, and we have had the same 4 for like, 2 months.

+ krae_man on June 1st, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Can you please clarify. Is Pinball Hall of Fame the Williams Collection or the Gottlieb Collection.

The Williams Collection isn’t on PSN as far as I know and your link in the name is to the Gottlieb collection.

Don’t tease us like this!

+ korchie44 on June 1st, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

LittleBIGPlanet PSP is a must-have on the PSP :)

+ remanutd5 on June 1st, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

i want to buy Twisted Metal Head On but its still at $19.99 on PSN

+ FriedConsole on June 1st, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

As a cheap gamer I’ll be picking up Resistance and Little Big Planet over the PSN.

Looking forward to Hot Shots Tennis and God of War.

+ remanutd5 on June 1st, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

you guys should have added Wipeout Pulse !!!!

+ Nammenlos on June 1st, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

yeah sure, offer those games just after i buy my pspgo x.x thanks there, sony!

+ Enigma777 on June 1st, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

Are we going to see more PSP games come to the PSN store? I’d love some Lumines or Crisis Core on my Go.

Also Birth by Sleep better be on the PSN when it launches! The game was finally hacked so you guys have no excuse now!!!

+ itzIronMan on June 1st, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

They need to make the psp exactly like the ps3.Please Sony make the next psp the best

+ Mosh_Pit on June 1st, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Not impressed with the psp go bundle.

+ PSmonkey on June 1st, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Does this mean “Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection” is finally coming to PSN?

If so, **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ megamixer on June 1st, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

$9.99? So you’re going to RAISE the price on: Buzz! Master Quiz, LocoRoco 2, Patapon 2 (all of which are currently $7.99)? That isn’t a very good promotion! Instead of cheesey promotions how about getting more of the PSP UMD back catalog online? Push SquareEnix, Konami, Capcom, etc to get more of their past greats online. :|

+ rollotomozi on June 1st, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

wait what!?

in the US you can get 3 free games with a new PSP Go, but in the UK you can get 10 free Games.

am i missing something?

+ lkmnvcssa on June 1st, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

OMG, that’s a slap in my face. I bought my PSP GO last week which doesn’t qualify for the free game?

Damn, I should have waited few more days…

+ soundandvision77 on June 1st, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

+ PPFabian on June 1st, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

What a joke for those who have been loyal consumers since day one of the PSP Go, where is our free game at least.

+ Zarxce on June 1st, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Haha I love how people are complaining they got “screwed over” for buying the PSP Go day one. If you didn’t know they were going to release bundles or do other promotions nearly a year later, then that’s your own fault. That’s like me complaining because I bought my PSP-2000 several years ago.. Of course they’re going to improve their products over time. It’s common sense.

I also love how rumors about the PSP2 come up EVERY YEAR right before E3. You can’t believe everything you read on the internet. That’s how world war 1 got started.

+ playnation on June 1st, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

i love playstation! just to get that out of the way.
but you guys really need to pick up your game with the psp. more support for it plz!
if u guys plan on releasing a new one then support it!
also can you make a deal for existing psp go owners. cause i bought one on launch day so this is like a slap to the face

+ Enigma777 on June 1st, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

You guys can learn a little something from Steam. Ever wonder why it’s so successful? Because it has some amazing sales!

Also the lack of support for the PSPgo is just disheartening. You should have FORCED publishers to release their games on the PSN, not just encouraged them… Also it needs to drop in price by AT LEAST $50. Otherwise the Go will just be an anchor that’s dragging you down.

+ xuipid on June 1st, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

may just be a conspiracy theory but me thinks I smell something coming @ e3 pertaining to PSP. This sounds like either a discontinuation or a new model for the GO. People, I would urge you to wait until after E3 to see what pans out before buying this GO deal…

+ BlackIceJoe on June 1st, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

I want to know with Patapon does this mean the game will finally get a UMD release? Plus I think it would be great to make commercials on TV that show there will be games selling for ten dollars. Also that games like Resistance: Retribution will now sell for only 20 dollars. This way the team at Sony can get the word out there for people who do not read the PS Blog.

+ S-E-G on June 1st, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

i thought psp and pspgo was dead by now
one last push i guess before you reveal the new milk machine

+ verafx on June 1st, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

For the love of god price drop the go, I can’t go around telling people I payed 250$ for it, I would get laughed at.

+ APVangeliLHS on June 1st, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Actually,, to all the people saying Europe get’s 10, no. They lie. They get ONE from 10. We get THREE.

That’s better.

+ KwietStorm on June 1st, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

So I’m guessing it’s still the same inflated $249.99 price.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on June 1st, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

Will we EVER see ANY DAMN PRICE CUT on digital PSP Games from PSN STORE?!?!? That is the main reason why you turned the owners of PSPGo AWAY BECAUSE OF NO PRICE CUT! Compare to PSP games on UMD disc… there are so MANY DISCOUNTED!!! Don’t tell me about your whining reasons. Get to work on cutting the prices on older digital PSP GAMES FIRST!!!

+ KazeEternal on June 1st, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

Soundandvision Said:
“Finally a good promotion for the PSP Go. With those 3 games totalling $80, the $250 PSP Go with 3 games and 16 GB memory is suddenly a better deal than a $200 PSP-3000 with 1 game, 2 GB memory stick, and a movie. Its also better than the $170 PSP-3000 with no game or memory stick. If you are a new adopter to the PSP, this is the deal to get.
I got the Go on launch day, so I don’t get the free games, but there are so many games available PSN for $10 or $15. I really don’t care to run around looking for used games to save a few bucks. And having all your games on the hard-drive is amazing.”

Why does this guy sound like a plant to help hype this product? If you’re an actual consumer, please learn how to use the internet and do research. This product is terrible. As much as I love the PSP and wanted the Go to be a success, I have been completely unable to recommend it to anyone due to its short comings that sony is unable to resolve.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on June 1st, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

I bought Resistance Retribution 2 weeks ago for $17 on amazon :)
Physical media FTW

+ rbanke on June 1st, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

I supported Sony and bought a PSPGo when it was first released and got…ROCKBAND LIGHT! WOOOOHOOO…what a piece of crap.

This totally reminds me of that Ally Bank commercial where the new(er) kid gets ice cream and the first kid doesnt.

youtube /watch?v=yl67TNDW-0Q

+ KazeEternal on June 1st, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

@70
PSP Go yes, PSP no. PSP is doing fine, especially in Japan. Keyword here is fine though, they aren’t as good as they could be. We really need the platform pushed hard with good games. Good games are kind of iffy considering the poor controls (lack of an analog stick) that tends to get in the way of games being truly enjoyable. Not true for every PSP game, but using shoulder buttons for the camera is bad form.

I have my complaints about PSP. I’d love to see more first party involvement for games that are less casual as well as casual titles (not to say I don’t want them ya know). I’m looking forward to picking up Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and the new god of war. So I have reasons to use my PSP each year, but I don’t find that I get nearly enough to feel like my attention is divided from my PS3 and other platforms.

PSP go… damn sure this product was dead on arrival.

+ FearMonkey on June 1st, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Do those three free PSN games have to be LBP, R&C and SOCOM or can we pick any three games out off the entire downloadable library?

+ radiantshadow92 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

Its a great deal, but people do not care. They would rather a price drop.

+ tetsou9shima on June 1st, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

I’ll throw my hat in the ring in support of the go as well. I love it. The biggest complaint I had for the original psp was those stupid UMD’s. That being said…….Sony!!!!! Do not make the psp2 download only. If you do, you will not have enough support. Go for so speedy memory card format or something. Continue with download as an option though. It’s great!!!!

+ Stoffinator on June 1st, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

I think a price drop would of been better for the PSP. Its long over due for one.

+ fribee on June 1st, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

the euro people dont get 10 free games. they get a CHOICE of a single game out of ten. theres no way any company in their right mind would say “give us 250 dollars, we’ll give you the console and 10 games valued at over 20 dollars each.

ill be waiting for the store update today to find out if the price drops include the psn or just the umds. and if they do, i really doubt sony will raise the price of 7.99 games. the price drop is just the highest it will be.

not exactly jumping at these deals but atleast it seems like sony is doing something.

+ wocyob on June 1st, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

great deal there… im in need for a new psp cuz my psp1000 sound died like 2 years ago

+ BurntOrange32 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

Sony,

Thanks for the love…

-Early adopter

+ APVangeliLHS on June 1st, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

I think that the PSPgo is a good deal…

WELL, after it’s updated with 32GB memory and a better battery, after E3 this year… $250 doesn’t seem that bad for THAT.

+ kodiak13 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

For a fan site there are so many haters…I love my PSP Go, sure I am irked that I didn’t get LBP for free, but that’s what happens to early adopters, you get the cool new thing, the other people don’t have…ask people who bought day 1 iPhones, they got “screwed” too, but they had the cool new thing.

I will be buying LBP and GT tonight for my PSP Go, since I bought the “terrible” Go, I never use my original PSP, what’s the point Go is so much better. As a matter of fact, I will download them now if they are on the store and transfer them right onto my system and enjoy them in a few minutes. If they aren’t on the store they will be soon.

Thanks Sony!

+ darthlego on June 1st, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Why does the original Loco Roco still costs more than $20 dollars while both of its sequals cost less than $15?

Back on subject, better late then never. The only reason I did not buy a Go when it came out was that we did not get the free games deal.

+ ChaseHammerJ on June 1st, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

NO ONE WANTS A PSP GO!!!! total crap.

+ DiscoJer on June 1st, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

You really need to apply this $9.99 to all your (Sony) games over 4 years old. You’ve got a large number of really old games $15-20 and it’s just well, silly.

+ WickedRaz on June 1st, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

I can’t understand why so many people hate the PSPGo…
If you have one already, clearly you are not the target market

It’s for new owners….get that already

Nintendo has released the same frakking DS over 12 times already and I don’t see anyone complaining…..
If you don’t like the GO, don’t buy it…move on

As for Sony, …. 2 things should be done for the GO
Get your act together and lower the price for digital copies and…
FORCE the developers to release a digital version.

+ BigJino on June 1st, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Kristin- will owners of the psp go get these games too, or do we get nothing?

+ jungfreud on June 1st, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

So to summarize the prior 90 comments:

1) PSPgo sucks.
2) PSN sucks.
3) Sony sucks.
3) PSP2 is coming out soon, I can’t wait!

Anyone see anything weird about that? Welcome to the internet.

+ coolasj19 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

lol. guys. stop being so butthurt. im GLAD for all these price drops. i might get 60$ or something and go on a PSP spree.

+ drepsx3 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

This is good news PSP GO sales are gonna get a Boost now.

+ jwood87 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I am PSP Go owner from day one and I love it, my only suggestion is have cheaper prices for digital downloads, or have the prices get dropped after a certain amount of time then people who want it right away and will pay that much can have it, and other people who want it can wait for a price drop like they would for physical media.

Overall though I hope the PSP2 comes out at E3!!!

+ poiyeq on June 1st, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

WILL NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULTIMATE NINJA HEROES 3 BE AVAILLABLE AT PSN ANY DAY OR WHAT?
I OWN A PSPGO AND I LOVE NARUTO, I THINK ILL NEVER GET ULTIMATE NINJA 3! >:-(