PS4-The Order

New Promotions for PSP this June!

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Jun 01, 2010 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Hi everyone! Today is an exciting day for both the PSP-3000 and PSPgo systems. Starting today, June 1, we’re now offering some new initiatives that offer HUGE value for you across the PSP platform.

First, we’re excited to introduce a new $9.99 “Favorites” software line. Featuring a healthy variety of your favorite titles, this new value line will reconnect you with some of your old favorites or introduce you to titles you haven’t played before. Initial Favorites games will include:

We’ve also partnered with your favorite game publishers to include titles such as Justice League Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Manhunt 2 (Rockstar Games), Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (Crave Entertainment), Silent Hill: Origins (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.), Sims 2 (Electronic Arts), The Warriors (Rockstar Games) and so many more.

LBP_GHPSPcoversheet10-1-R1 GT_PSP-GH_pkg RR_GHPSPcoversheet10-1-R2

Want to get your hands on some of the best PSP titles of all time? We’re proud to announce the induction of four new games into the PSP “Greatest Hits” collection:

If you don’t own these fantastic titles, be sure to pick them up now for only $19.99!

SO2354_PSP_GO_SIDE_CA_MB07

Wait, the fun doesn’t stop there… If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go. What better way to get started with an all digital, full-scale, console-quality handheld gaming experience?

If you’re still looking for more, the PSP has got you covered. With a robust lineup of titles to choose from, you can always find the kind of game you’re looking to play. With newly released and upcoming titles such as God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Hot Shots Tennis, Invizimals, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, and ModNation Racers, PSP continues to bring you unparalleled gaming experiences only possible on the PSP platform.

+ BigJino on June 1st, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

Cheated out of three good games. I hate you sony.

+ riclucas on June 1st, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

As far as I know, those people saying EU gets 10 games opposed to the 3 we get here in NA are wrong. EU customers get to choose ONE of ten games to download free, where we we get 3 pre-determined games to download… Sounds like we are getting the better deal actually!

+ mauaus on June 1st, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

While us early adopters are still screwed out of these types of deals… come on sony

+ naruto0619 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

when is naruto ultimate heroes 3 coming for psp go

+ HJY84 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

It won’t matter how many game you give out if the rest of the library sucks.

Get better games on psn and maybe, just MAYBE, you can justify the pspgo’s existance

+ Bioman20 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

Awsesome I was gonna get a pspgo anyways

+ BEASTXJASON on June 1st, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

I love my psp 3000. Great news here, now I can finally pick up gran turismo for a price I feel is what all psp games should be. Now give me fullscreen tv out with a new firmware update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ VictoryEagle on June 1st, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

PSPGo is like Virtual Boy. You thought you were going somewhere and getting pretty boasty with the PS3′s sudden escalation in popularity with real players and the PSP’s massive populary with teens, but you ultimately FAILED at something new. Let it go, my fellow Sony friends.
Other than that, LocoRoco 2 AND twisted metal for only twenty dollars is pretty freakin awesome, and its nice to see LBP and Gran Turismo on the Hits List.

+ drepsx3 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

Come on guys Sony dropped the Prices on GOOD Games and here you are still complaining.

+ Nynja on June 1st, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

SCEA,

Can you give us, your paying customers, another reason to hate you? You make promises of what consumers can expect from one of your products;

- New PSP game releases day and date on both UMD and PSN
- Entire PSP back catalog available for download on PSN

8 months later since launch of the PSP Go, what did we get? Less than 25% of the UMD back catalog, still waiting on new titles released on UMD not available on PSN yet, and PSP minis.

F.U.

Next time you want to spit on us, how about giving us a towel to wipe our faces.

I stand firm by my decision to never, EVER, buy a Sony handheld product again. I will be sure to educate anyone who asks me about purchasing a PSP and will be sure to inform any potential buyers I see about to make the same mistake as me.

Buyer beware.

+ moup94 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Add Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 to the playstation Network for all of us with the psp go!!!

+ xcube on June 1st, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

250$ is still too much. I will wait for another deal. Or just release the Big Boss Bundle in Canada and I will get the PSP3000

+ Bioman20 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Why does everyone have to be haters?

+ TwinDad on June 1st, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

LBP PSP price drop. It’s now at my target price $20.

Keep the games $20 and under coming and you might actually get software sales.

+ Lestatdelioncort on June 1st, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

Im sorry to everyone here but umd discs suck there annoying and a drag to carry go pspgo why cause it fits in my pocket just fine.

+ darthlego on June 1st, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

If you just go out and buy both a 16 GB memory stick and a new PSP-3000 for less than it costs to get a Go that can do everything a Go can do except for the Bluetooth stuff and it will also be compatable with UMDs.

That being said, I think that digital downloads are a great idea. It is like buying five copies of a game for the price of one, so the PSN has tons of great deals for families that have more than one PSP-playing member. Media Go works wonderfully. I never liked UMDs. The casing for my copy of Patapon just completely broke, so I plan on getting a digital version and throwing the UMD out.

I like all of the new deals. I can’t wait to play Pixeljunk Monsters.

+ RedGiant17 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Throw me in the disappointed pile for having purchased this at launch on October 1st. This is another very frustrating decision on Sony’s part with the launch of the Go.

I don’t like to be internet bitter, but this is pushing even my limits of tolerance….

+ darthlego on June 1st, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Will all of the games that are now Greatest Hits have their prices reduced on the PSN as well?

+ sonictails1189 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Isn’t it a bit deceptive to mention free games for the PSP Go, followed by a list of upcoming PSP games including Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep? Last I checked, BbS was only going to be released on UMD and Square Enix had no plans for a digital PSN release.

Sorry if I’m mistaken, but I don’t believe I am.

+ RedGiant17 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

On another note, I think Sony should be responding to some of these posts. I know that it is not a popular job, but the community is taking time to ask simple questions about these promotions and their potential retroactive availability. Even if the answer is, “No, we will not be extending this offer to those of you who purchased the PSPGo(TM) at its intial launch. But we thank you for supporting this new PSP(TM) platform now and in the years to come.”

At least acknowledge that you are listening.

+ OMGmyFACE on June 1st, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

I honestly don’t know you guys are still trying with the PSPgo.

+ OMGmyFACE on June 1st, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

Rather, I honestly don’t know *why* you guys are still trying with the PSPgo but *how* would’ve worked as well.

+ Curtisio on June 1st, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

I liked the European deal better. I’m pretty happy with my PSP 2000. I’m waiting for the PSP2 and crossing my fingures it’s real and not just rumor.

+ hardy_83 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

I never though the PSP Go was a failure. It’s a great handheld.

….My only issue was..Well I have two. Clearly switching media formats for a platform doesn’t work too well, and the price was just too much, 199 and it coming with at least one game would’ve made it sold a lot better.

This is a pretty sweet deal though, as long as there’s no silly age restriction for the downloads.

Also, I’ll personally have no issues if the PSP2 is purely digital as it’ll START digital, which’ll be looked upon better.

+ Tyranox on June 1st, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

GAHHHHHHHHH , GAMES PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

+ urienji on June 1st, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

@116

Please visit the Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep website. The PSN logo is clearly displayed on the site. PSPGo owners have nothing to worry about.

I personally have no complaints about my Go. The hate really is the result of a bunch of people that want to be able to steal ISOs of games. They hate the idea that the Go forces them to purchase a game.

+ polo155 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

@27 where do u see a price drop? detective lmaoo

+ polo155 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

I Love My 32gb PSP Go/Skyp Phone!!

+ Lestatdelioncort on June 1st, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

UMDS are very very easy to break and cheaply made is all i gott asay.

+ kassimmahmood on June 1st, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

some people re saying that europe only get one free game. Well youre wrong cos you get 10 FREE GAMES when you buy the psp go. Check it out on the EU Blog

+ T3mpr1x on June 1st, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

As tempting as this is, I’m going to wait until I see if a PSP2 makes an appearance at E3. Hoping even for hands-on time at the Sony booth…But that is a pipe dream. I think combining the PSPGo free game deal with a $50 or even $100 price drop would be much harder to resist…

+ mightygrizzy on June 1st, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Why don’t they just update the PSP already. Rather than talking about crap like this and that. I am sick of it. I have owned a PSP for many years. They all had problems but the interesting thing was I was lucky of getting all of the PSP’s because I didn’t have to pay them. I just traded them at Best Buy and I got the next upgrade of the PSP. The PSP Go is ok. There nothing really wrong with it. But they need to update the software and the programs to make it even much better.

+ starBlinky01 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

This is really great, seems like you guys are trying to compete with the iPhone market.

First minis, now lowering the price. 99c games please? haha just kidin. heh

+ soundandvision77 on June 1st, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

KazeEternal are you kidding me? I’m not a plant. I don’t need to do internet research to give my opinion that I like the system. Maybe you can walk into a store and try out the actual hardware yourself and see that the tech is good.

Sony botched the release and over-priced the Go, but like I said in my earlier comment, if you’re a new adopter (meaning you don’t have a library of UMDs), this deal with 3 free games is good because $250 – $80 of games ($40 for SOCOM, $20 for LBP, $20 for Size Matters for example), equals $170, which is the price of the normal PSP-3000 with no games and no hard drive. Unless you want to be a bargain hunter and look for all those games for super cheap on UMD, then getting them in this deal is not bad. And $10 to $15 for older games on PSN is fine with me too. Any game I ever wanted for PSP is available on the store too, so I have no complaints.

+ Jetup on June 1st, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Still, what about us 1st time buyers? WTF? Really? No really? We got a $5 game that we never play

+ Midgetguy on June 1st, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

This is a GREAT promotion for the PSP Go! I’m lovin’ the price drops! I’m gonna download Ape Escape on the Loose for $10 now! It’s a fun little game! =)

I really really really hope that Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep with be a digital download! Otherwise,I will be VERY upset, along with many other PSP and Kingdom Hearts fans alike!

+ Permafry_42 on June 1st, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

YES!!! YES!!! this is so awesome THANKS SONY!
oh wait. my psp 3000 broke from a cracked screen a mere 3 months after i bought it, and now i have to pay $80 to repair it even though by any other video game company it would be still under warranty. And the price is non negotiable, and only sony has access to psp screens making alternative repair impossible economically. Sony, we don’t need price drops in games nearly as much as we need more work done on your customer support and more importantly your customer support business policies. $80 for a cracked screen that is quite obviously an internal problem is not fair and nor is it right considering i had my DS repaired out of warranty and with a cracked screen through nintendo for FREE. same with the repair on my wii; FREE. Why should you force us to pay $80+tax and shipping for a repair on a $179.99 device??

+ BigJino on June 1st, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

WOW. They deleted my comment. such soccer moms(or dads)

+ Linden98 on June 1st, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

I THINK I WASTED 250 dollars on my PSP Go,because now some games are not being put on there like NUH3.I MEAN WHAT’S THE POINT OF THE PSP GO IF THERE NOT PUTTING ALL THE GAMES ON THERE.I’M PLAYING MY DSI MORE NOW!

+ Midgetguy on June 1st, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

Oh, and for all you PSP Go haters:

If you don’t like the Go, you don’t have to go around saying that it sucks! It’s a great console that’s specifically catering to a “digital download” market.

Personally, I like having all my games with me at once in one nifty, convenient little console! It’s great! And, it’s brilliant for a spontaneous gaming mood change, or when a friend shows up and we wanna play Buzz! or play a round of Final Fantasy Dissidia! It certainly beats having to run all the way home to get a UMD!

It’s a unique portable console made specifically for a unique portable audience. And, it does its job brilliantly.

+ Melacon on June 1st, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I would KILL to DOWNLOAD Final Fantasy 1 (make that EVERY FF game on the system, and I have 7/8 already) on my PSP GO! Why is it that this game is available on UMD, but not for DOWNLOAD?!? Its so frustrating to see it on the shelves in stores, but not to be able to play it. I love my PSP GO, not ever having had a PSP before, but this is really rediculous. PLEASE!

+ lkmnvcssa on June 1st, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

I bought my PSP GO exactly a week ago. Why doesn’t Sony NA did the same thing as UK that give out the games for PSP GO bought after a certain date like April 01?

I know it would never end with the date, but right on today’s date is just not right.

+ Techni on June 1st, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

I just got and registered a Go yesterday, please tell me I wont be left out

+ Metal_Mgs on June 1st, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

how bout those of us who purchased the pspgo during release? we just get Rockband lite or whatever its called?

+ RyanOnTheGo on June 1st, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

What about guys who already bought the psp go in october? Don’t we get anything else but a 5 track game??

+ bboimarc on June 1st, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

GGRRRRR I am an early adopter of the PSP Go (which I love) but all I got was demos not full games and to get me off the edge they offer the one game i been setting aside to get Socom FTB3. In the process of seeking new consumer Sony is leaving their early adopters and fan base behind. Playstation needs to remember that we’re the ones that made them a household name. I need to talk to VP Kevin Butler about this.

+ akaKEYSERSOZE on June 1st, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

So will anyone who has previously bought a PSP GO get these free games?

+ krae_man on June 1st, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

FYI its the Gottlieb Collection that dropped to $10, The Williams collection isn’t on PSN. Sony was just being a tease.

Thanks for pissing off Pinball Fans Sony

+ ndw4 on June 1st, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

Wow this is bull****! I bought half of these games full price and the original PSP Go that came with nothing. Why would you start really marketing your products 8 months later? It took them almost 3 years to do this with the PS3. Why make the same mistake again? PSP is on its way out.

+ gvillemg on June 1st, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

This is so lame of Sony. All we got the first day was a crappy version of rock band and were told legal reasons were why we couldn’t get free games li europe.