PS4-The Order

New Promotions for PSP this June!

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Jun 01, 2010 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Hi everyone! Today is an exciting day for both the PSP-3000 and PSPgo systems. Starting today, June 1, we’re now offering some new initiatives that offer HUGE value for you across the PSP platform.

First, we’re excited to introduce a new $9.99 “Favorites” software line. Featuring a healthy variety of your favorite titles, this new value line will reconnect you with some of your old favorites or introduce you to titles you haven’t played before. Initial Favorites games will include:

We’ve also partnered with your favorite game publishers to include titles such as Justice League Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Manhunt 2 (Rockstar Games), Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection (Crave Entertainment), Silent Hill: Origins (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.), Sims 2 (Electronic Arts), The Warriors (Rockstar Games) and so many more.

LBP_GHPSPcoversheet10-1-R1 GT_PSP-GH_pkg RR_GHPSPcoversheet10-1-R2

Want to get your hands on some of the best PSP titles of all time? We’re proud to announce the induction of four new games into the PSP “Greatest Hits” collection:

If you don’t own these fantastic titles, be sure to pick them up now for only $19.99!

SO2354_PSP_GO_SIDE_CA_MB07

Wait, the fun doesn’t stop there… If you purchase a PSPgo system from today through March 31, 2011, you will receive an e-mail with a PlayStation Network voucher to download three games absolutely free! With premiere titles such as LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3, the PSPgo “Digital Game Pack” offers you an $80 value while giving you access to a great variety of our biggest games to get you started gaming on-the-go. What better way to get started with an all digital, full-scale, console-quality handheld gaming experience?

If you’re still looking for more, the PSP has got you covered. With a robust lineup of titles to choose from, you can always find the kind of game you’re looking to play. With newly released and upcoming titles such as God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Hot Shots Tennis, Invizimals, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, and ModNation Racers, PSP continues to bring you unparalleled gaming experiences only possible on the PSP platform.

+ DiscoJer on June 1st, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Some of these titles from third parties aren’t on PSN. Are they going to be added to PSN, or are these price drops UMD only (and are they going to get UMD re-releases?)

+ Rainwater on June 1st, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

And still nothing for those that already bought a PSPGo. Thanks Sony. Having received no free games for the 3 PSP’s I’ve bought, my last being a PSPGo, you’ve really encouraged me to continue supporting the PSP platform.

+ firstworldman on June 1st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Hey, I just purchased a PSP go. Can I take part in the promotion retroactively? I mean, It’s only been 2 weeks.

+ aClockworkGamer on June 1st, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

do i have to register my psp or what do we have to do?

+ BenPWarner on June 1st, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Gee, thanks sony. I buy your go the day it comes out and what do you give me, NOTHING! Youd think early adopters would get at least 1 bonus other than that crappy Rock Band Lite.

+ jipmg on June 1st, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

You people are ruthless.. Sony is trying hard to make the PSP a great value for the consumer, and it already is, and we have people going

“LOL NO GAMES, AND IT SUCKS”

first of all the PSP continually gets games every single week, it’s just you guys don’t care enough to see it. I enjoy my PSP, and I hope more games join the $9.99 line up so that I could start playing it again because my PS3 is taking up most of my money and time.

+ fvrojas on June 1st, 2010 at 5:57 pm said:

I just bought a PSP Go yesterday on May 1st. Am I SOL?

+ dimaguire on June 1st, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

wtf? not cool screwing over day one buyers.

+ HoPeSKiNgS on June 1st, 2010 at 6:54 pm said:

where my code tooo late for that y does uk account get that kind of deal and us have to buy it again i lost faint on sony for the psp and where the update there has been 1 in forever sooo

+ Ratchet426 on June 1st, 2010 at 7:07 pm said:

Ugh…. For F’s sake Sony, just rename it the PSPGone and shelve it already. Your experiment has FAILED.

Now, go back to the drawing board and give us a real successor to the PSP. (hint: think Moto DROID with dual sticks and D-pad instead of a keyboard.)

1) Slide out (and tilt up) screen.
2) Dual analog sticks – as in real sticks, not crappy ‘nubs’.
3) Same screen dimensions as PSPx000′s, but (multi) touch-
sensitive.
4) Accelerometers and haptic feedback (rumble/vibrate)
5) Bluetooth, and 802.11n WiFi
6) “Media bay” slot that can accept peripherals like removable UMD drive, extra battery, high-res camera, HDD, Cell phone module, etc.

It’s quite embarrassing that Apple is eating the PSP’s lunch with the iPod Touch.

+ Kilo720 on June 1st, 2010 at 7:18 pm said:

sweet all i need kingdom heart to be downloadable i would be happy

+ fuzzyclutter on June 1st, 2010 at 7:20 pm said:

I actually was considering purchase of one the other day , looked at price , and SLOOOOWLY walked away . love ya sony , but im afraid thats more than what im willing to drop … maybe if i run into some extra cash ….. BIG MAYBE . on one hand it does look neat , but on the other i would rather spend that money on my PS3 expierience.

+ notmygravy on June 1st, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

i can finaly buy little big planet. The demo was so fun.

+ Kirkpad on June 1st, 2010 at 7:27 pm said:

I like how it took until @64 for someone to make an educated comment on the benefits of the PSPgo. Although, if I actually bought my PSPgo new(instead of someone selling it for cheap), I would be pretty mad.

Instead I’ll raid the PSN’s cheap titles, and hold out for price drops.

+ faraway25 on June 1st, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

I’m kinda late posting but hopefully I can still get a reply. My question is; you mention that if you buy a PSP Go you get three free games, can you go into more detail about that? What’s the process? How do you know that we bought it? Does it have to be new or can it be used? etc.

+ sinned47 on June 1st, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

you guys need to extend these free game offers to current pspgo owners!!!!

+ Dragonbox on June 1st, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Square-Enix is making 2 more Kingdom Heart games for the PSP. So I am also a PSPgo early adopter. Invizimals is great. I love it.
They need to bring that game here to USA this summer.

PS:
Dual Shock 3 play on my PSPgo is amazing at home!!!
or
sitting at the FOOD COURT. People go WOW@!!!!

+ remanutd5 on June 1st, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

ok guys im on the fence here , can someone give me opinions on Secret Agent Clank and Twisted Metal Head On , im buying just 1 of them

+ Nefarious_Lord on June 1st, 2010 at 8:21 pm said:

This sucks, I bought a PSP-GO last week…

+ nnaka261 on June 1st, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

I purchased and registered a PSPgo today, but I haven’t received a voucher in my email inbox. Anyone have any answers? I purchased it at GameStop, and I know the promotion for 3 free games is available through through them as well. From what I understand, all I had to do was register my product through the PlayStation website.

+ DruidFire on June 1st, 2010 at 8:42 pm said:

How did Sony get so clueless? Why do they continue to make blunders such as this? I just don’t get it. Screwing over early adopters is the number one way of alienating future loyal customers. The PSPGo has been a slap in the face from day one. Every PSP Go owner should get at least a two game voucher with this announcement.

Watch Sony announce the PSP2 at E3, and everyone who rushes out to get a Go with this new deal will feel screwed. It’s the circle of life, with Sony.

/shakes head

+ depawnage on June 1st, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

This is ridiculous i bought my psp a month ago and i got nothing with it sony shouldgivethe people who bought a psp from the start atleast a free game to

+ MacRorie on June 1st, 2010 at 9:46 pm said:

So, I bought a PSPgo on April 25, 2010, is there some kind of code people who bought it recently can get? If not, I guess I will take it back and wait to buy the new package deal.

+ Brade3432 on June 1st, 2010 at 9:50 pm said:

Thanks a lot Sony. I’m one of the few people who pre-ordered the GO, pay $250 for something that really isnt worth that much, and now I just feel like someone kicked me in the face. You guys should really give the early adopters something besides a Demo at launch. Now I think im just gonna sell it( Even though this thing is worth only $50 bucks at resale value :( ). Sony I love the PS3, but with the PSP you really screwed me over.( Oh and listen to the community earlier and more next time).

+ righello on June 1st, 2010 at 10:32 pm said:

Dr. Robotnik has secretly acquired Sony and wants to make buyers (investors) cry to power the new Death Egg.

+ ribbE_ on June 1st, 2010 at 11:06 pm said:

Sweet deal, why do I have to be broke atm…

+ decay1981 on June 1st, 2010 at 11:15 pm said:

this really makes me mad i just bought my psp go on may 22 then a week later the games i just bought drop 20 dollars and i cant get the free games

+ decay1981 on June 1st, 2010 at 11:20 pm said:

sucks i bought Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet last week for 39.99 last week and know they drop the price june 1st i think i should get some credit back

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on June 1st, 2010 at 11:21 pm said:

thankfully I never registered my go. will do that today if Im not still banned (since December 5 2009) supposed to be just a 30 day ban…

+ AnthonyTonyMagic on June 1st, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

Does this mean that Sony are trying to quickly clear out all of their PSP Go stock before they introduce their PSP2/PSP Phone????

It makes so much sense… Whatever god or gods you pray to, keep on asking them to make this device come ASAP

+ AnthonyTonyMagic on June 2nd, 2010 at 12:05 am said:

Dudes, you guys are so selfish. You bought a system of your own free will, knowing what games would and wouldn’t come with it, and then when Sony have a great bundle for new users you start shouting out like you were cheated.

Grow up! You bought the system, you knew what you were getting. Sony don’t owe you anything. Now some people who knew how to wait for a good bundle are getting free games. Good for them. Early adopters have never been rewarded, and have always ended up paying more… that’s the way tech companies work. Do you think that people who paid $1000 for a Blu-Ray player at launch should complain that you can now get one at $150 with free discs?

Sony have got some mega deals for PSP Go right now, and I might get one if I didn’t think that a new version was just around the corner. What will I do? Wait for E3 and see what is coming. If there is no news I’ll get a PSP Go. They are also discounting the hell out of normal PSP games, so why are you guys complaining?

+ aclockworkgeorge on June 2nd, 2010 at 12:47 am said:

so does it matter where i buy it? and how will you know to email me?

please respond. ill probably wait till after E3 to see if there are any new PSP announcements, but this is a really good deal.

+ LoganXw on June 2nd, 2010 at 12:49 am said:

So I bought a PSPgo..Now what? Do I get an email today? Tomorrow? What is the deal? I registered it…I am confused…Thanks sony.

+ remanutd5 on June 2nd, 2010 at 4:45 am said:

at 182 not everybody is complaining , i bought the system day 1 , i have 95% of those games , im not complaining im not a little kid , i know how this things work , thats the price i have always paid for being an early adopter (PSone , PS2 , PSP , PS3 ) , PSP GO brought me back to handheld gaming , portability was a very important issue for me with the other PSPs and im extremely happy with my purchase , besides some of my favorites franchises on the ps3 have come to the little system i couldnt possibly resist not to get a lot of those games lol

+ Onvertic on June 2nd, 2010 at 5:25 am said:

Its weird that Dissidia is not a Greatest Hits yet.

+ solace357 on June 2nd, 2010 at 5:34 am said:

the LBP voucher cards are still $39.99 at retail… fyi. The physical copies are $19.99 though. fix yo shizzz

+ CDubyahS on June 2nd, 2010 at 6:03 am said:

i want resistance 2 and god of war. ps3′s little brother..

+ remanutd5 on June 2nd, 2010 at 6:42 am said:

at 188 ? Resistance Retribution ? God of War Chains of Olympus? upcoming God of War Ghost of Sparta? , i want playstation home , trophies , whole psn integration on the little system

+ depward on June 2nd, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Question for you: can you download ANY three games for free? So if my brother were to get a PSP Go next week, could he download MGS5 as one of his free games?

+ xeno3d on June 2nd, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Looks like I bought my GO 2 weeks to early…. ugh

+ EduardoALC on June 2nd, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

That is a great deal.
But why are we (US) getting 3 free titles while the EU are getting 10 titles for free?

Assassins Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Rockstar Games)
Gran Turismo (SCE WWS)
James Cameron’s AVATAR: The Game (Ubisoft)
LittleBigPlanet (SCE WWS)
MotorStorm Arctic Edge (SCE WWS)
NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (EA)
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (SCE WWS)
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
WipEout Pure (SCE WWS)

Sony, don’t you love us as much as the EU?
I don’t know about you guys but I feel like the son that Sony doesn’t appreciate.

I don’t know if I want to be a part of a company that play favorites. I feel discriminated for being in the US.
Together we stand!!!

Any comments Sony?

+ lkmnvcssa on June 2nd, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

back date not allowed and registration doesn’t matter.

I emailed and got confirmed. You can not get it if your GO was log on to PSN before Jun 1.

Anyone bought it/log in after Jun 1st got email?

+ CD6405 on June 2nd, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

So I purchased a PSPGo today, how am I supposed to get the free games? There is no voucher inside.

+ AnarchistAbe on June 2nd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

I’ve seen a few questions regarding these topics, but I thought I’d consolidate them for ease of, hopefully, an answer.

1) Are the 3 game downloads for ANY game, or a just a select list?

And the second:

2) Is this offer valid for refurbished or pre-owned systems (that have not been registered). I don’t know how you will get your vouchers, and I assumed it would have to be a registration. So, will this be valid to any unregistered system?

If you could please clear these questions up with an answer, or at least a time-frame when an answer can be provided, that would be wonderful. Thank you, and don’t listen to the haters on this thread; you are doing a great job. Thanks!

+ c_baz on June 2nd, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

I purchased the psp go at launch and didn’t even get a game included. Where is the thanks to the people who bought the psp at launch?

+ ace_of_PWN on June 2nd, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

will this only be for the month of june?

+ LoganXw on June 2nd, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

I am still waiting..I have yet to get an email and I bought it yesterday. When do I get this freakin voucher and how

+ DarkAkatosh on June 2nd, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

You guys are finally hammering in the last nails in the PSP’s coffin. About friggin’ time. Lol.