Overwatch

Jun 12

Jun 12

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer, Revving up for E3 Expo 2010

Stephanie Yoshimoto's Avatar Posted by Senior Product Marketing Manager

Happy Saturday, PlayStation.Blog readers! The pre-E3 excitement is building as we reveal new details about Dead Nation, MotorStorm Apocalypse, inFAMOUS 2, Killzone 3, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, LittleBigPlanet 2, PixelJunk Shooter 2, stereoscopic 3D gaming, and more news about our lineup of great PS3 and PSP games.

And one game I know everyone is anxious to hear more about is Gran Turismo 5.

Last night, GameTrailers and Spike TV unveiled the latest Gran Turismo 5 trailer in their hour-long pre-E3 special. The trailer features some brand new footage of the game’s gorgeous cars and detailed, realistic tracks. Even if you didn’t catch it, you’re in for a treat because here is the full version of the trailer, featuring a retrospective of Gran Turismo 1 through GT4 and all-new footage of Gran Turismo 5.

If you’ve been a fan of Gran Turismo, you may recognize some of that classic footage from back in the day. Since it first released on PSone, Gran Turismo helped to revolutionize the racing genre of video games, and this year, Gran Turismo 5 will set the bar even higher as the most realistic and comprehensive racing experience — and it’s exclusive to the PS3.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

C_Seerden said:

June 12th, 12:04 pm

I love Gran Turismo. <3

Destiny89 said:

June 12th, 12:09 pm

Looks amazing, cant wait to get my hands on it

Bodachi said:

June 12th, 12:10 pm

Yeah great another trailer of Gran Turismo 5 like we need that.

Coolwater said:

June 12th, 12:15 pm

Gran Turismo Forever!

jayrockslife said:

June 12th, 12:15 pm

I can’t wait to finally get a release date for this game. I’ve been waiting 3 years for this. Day one purchase!

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

June 12th, 12:17 pm

looks like a great game!!! :)

davidbadass13 said:

June 12th, 12:20 pm

Holy Sh*t am i watching an actual race? GT5 looks amazing!
Thats a damn good trailer right there.

GTP_Zimmerd said:

June 12th, 12:20 pm

Niceeee:)!

and nice to know that you guys know that this is a game everyone is anxious to hear more about!!!

thank you!

KazeEternal said:

June 12th, 12:21 pm

Great looking game…. but um…. RELEASE DATE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Spring 2013.

jimmy1971 said:

June 12th, 12:22 pm

Hi Stephanie,

It’s been a long wait for GT5, my friends and I over at the Playstation Gran Turismo Boards are really looking forward to a release date. What are the chances of getting the release date at E3 ?

Thanks for posting,
Jimmy

IllinoisNukee said:

June 12th, 12:23 pm

This game looks amazing, as always. But for your sake Sony I hope you’ve got a solid release date come E3, this is just getting sad now.

Fluidshine said:

June 12th, 12:24 pm

Nice

manta005 said:

June 12th, 12:24 pm

NO MORE TRAILERS PLEASE, WE KNOW THE GAME IS BEAUTIFUL AND IS GOING TO BE AWESOME, BUT WE WANT TO KNOW THE RELEASE DATE PLEASE.

lcmnick said:

June 12th, 12:25 pm

SCEA should never be allowed to cut a GT5 trailer again. Truly awful.

Just leave it up to PD to do the trailers.

DJKim0701 said:

June 12th, 12:25 pm

GT1 and GT2 on PSN, pretty please?? I love these games.

Also, GT5 release date, too??? We are patiently waiting…

Rude_Sparthan said:

June 12th, 12:25 pm

“Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog and the official Gran Turismo website for the latest information on GT5 in the coming weeks.”

…I hope we get.. not only some.. but A LOT of information already tuesday

Ninja-KiLLR said:

June 12th, 12:29 pm

OMG just release it already.

thepatriots said:

June 12th, 12:29 pm

It seems like this year will really be the year GT fans get their deliverance. I really hope we get to see more at Sony’s presser.

Also Ms. Yoshimoto, I was hoping that maybe somebody from PD could comment on a homemade trailer I did a last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeV69LQ_8Vs&fmt=22 . So far I have gotten over 100,000 views and many positive comments.

mindloss said:

June 12th, 12:31 pm

It’s funny to call it the “E3 Expo” when Expo is included in the 3 E’s.

Rude_Sparthan said:

June 12th, 12:34 pm

..and to be honest.. there’s maybe 10 seconds of new…. ..video.. in this trailer.. and still any footage

don’t get me wrong.. with last guardian, GT5 is the game that I wait and love the most.. but now stop the never ending story, now it’s time to give us info.. features.. footage.. news

ibike1991 said:

June 12th, 12:37 pm

Wait…So now there’s damage done to cars now? Thats awesome!

purplestream said:

June 12th, 12:41 pm

#19 i can’t wait for that too! its so cool!

InFaMoUs1- said:

June 12th, 12:42 pm

GT Forever

this game is never coming out, Sony has done a piss poor job managing the production of this game.

HorrorGod said:

June 12th, 12:42 pm

Looks good. No rush on the release, guys. I’m glad you’re taking your time with it to make it darn near perfect for us at launch.

Question: What is the name/artist of this song used in this new trailer???

spatsnaz said:

June 12th, 12:44 pm

Beautiful stuff, despite having some recycled footage. ;)

DaPrintz said:

June 12th, 12:46 pm

Its odd they didnt mention the release date. Sony seems to be revealing everything else before E3. Unless they have so much to announce they had to start early……

Blkant said:

June 12th, 12:49 pm

GT5 is a lie, and as such, I removed my pre-order… This thing is never coming out, and in the near impossible case where it does, it will never live up to the delays… Ridiculous…

MastrGT said:

June 12th, 12:50 pm

Counting the days to get some real new info.

GT fans can get some great on-line racing with the member races we hold here.

NotoriousGamer said:

June 12th, 12:51 pm

I just hope GT5 releases worldwide {{[[THIS]]}} year.

DominikKolendo said:

June 12th, 12:52 pm

does anyone know the band performing during this trailer?

Stoffinator said:

June 12th, 12:55 pm

I must say, I am getting tired of these GT5 trailers. When are we going to see something new?

that-acmilan-guy said:

June 12th, 1:02 pm

The music of the trailer was horrible!

GTP_Zimmerd said:

June 12th, 1:04 pm

Don’t be pessimistic guys,
I bet we get a release date at E3…
I’m 95% sure!
There are enough signs to be faithful!

Pat_f40 said:

June 12th, 1:09 pm

GT5 will be out this year, and they will give us a release date in less than a week. So, chil’out ok!
And the damage of the Impreza is from a veeeery old trailer…

Name of the song anyone? It’s a cool one!!!

Chilidogs said:

June 12th, 1:17 pm

Sony, I have to tell you something when this game comes out please close down Polyphony Digital they take way to long just to make a Racing game seriously just close the studio down. Sony don’t keep wasting your money. Just telling you just close the studio down look at the Forza Motorsport they made 2 game on the 360 that didn’t take like 5 to 6 years to make just close this effin studio down that all I need you to do

chepu_VE said:

June 12th, 1:17 pm

Please Sony!, give us the Release Date and Lots of information about the game, and please talk about the Premium Car thing…

Crotin said:

June 12th, 1:24 pm

GT3…man that brings back some good memories

coolasj19 said:

June 12th, 1:27 pm

@32 chilidogs

your dumb. you want 200 people to lose there jobs over a game that will be virtually perfect. just because it took long? no. I’m sure they would’ve cancelled their money if they felt money was being wasted. no one here is anybody to give tips to a corporation.

katsuo7171 said:

June 12th, 1:29 pm

You forgot Socom 4…

Anyway YEAAA!!!! Gran Turismo has been my only racing game I’ve ever played from 1-3 didn’t get 4 or 5: prologue. Can’t wait for this one though. :)

Pat_f40 said:

June 12th, 1:36 pm

@32

Please, before comment studipities, I think you need to get some info… GT5 was pushed back, not ’cause of PD will, but ’cause Sony marketing, called Sony CEO, decided to have before GTpsp instead of GT5, and then, another bad decision from CEO was the will to implement Move and 3D to the game… So, don’t tell things that only sound stupid and make me feel you are just a child that reads N4G ok!?

So… song anyone? =D

lobotomies4free said:

June 12th, 1:39 pm

I love having videos that work on my iPhone. Thanks sony!

Darth-Krayt said:

June 12th, 1:41 pm

You people complaining about how long it’s taking for GT5 to come out are rediculous. Do you people not realize GT5 content wise is probably by far the biggest video game ever created? And all that content is skinned in extremely high resolution textures and graphics? It’s SOOO much data! I wouldn’t even be surprised if Sony is going to be breaking out the first 100 Gb Blu-Ray disks for GT5 due to all the content. AND all that content is at 1080P resolution which is twice the amount of data space than 720p resolution data. AND the game is running at 60fps. Do you people have any clue how much work that is?! I’m thinking when it’s all said and done multiple MILLIONS of man hours will have gone into creating GT5.

Quite a few games, that aren’t even CLOSE to as huge graphically, and aren’t even in the same solar system when it comes to content as GT5 have taken 5 years to make. Look at Alan Wake…THAT took them 5 years, LOL. FF13 took over 5 years. As have many others. Alot of good, and even some not so good games take about 5 years to make.

FatLeadFoot said:

June 12th, 1:44 pm

With all due respect Miss Stephanie, I think we’ve seen enough trailers and YouTube videos of GT5 to last a lifetime. Don’t you think it’s time Sony gets the show on the road already?

BTW – nice trailer.

Psikorps said:

June 12th, 1:50 pm

I’m REALLY looking forward to GT5.
I hope there will be some sort of collectors edition.
Maybe include the original Gran Tourismo (with trophy support), a soundtrack, exclusive cars (or car colors, like GT-PSP had for pre-orders).

Darth-Krayt said:

June 12th, 1:51 pm

@37

You are just as bad as 32 since you are just basically spreading dis-info. Sony didn’t “decide” to push back GT5. Sony would want that game out ASAP. GT5 got pushed back because Kazonori Yamauchi (or however you spell his name) SAID it was being delayed. Not only is Yamauchi-san almost compulsive when it comes to the perfection he demands, but YOU (meaning fans) demanded realistic damage modelling which now also has to go through KY’s compulsive perfection screening. Also NASCAR got added when EA gave up their rights pretty late in GT5 development, which ALSO has to be prefect. I have no idea when WRC licencing got picked up, but that ALSO has to be PERFECT. And who knows what else Kazonori decided to add late in the proccess, all of which has to be perfect.

You people on the internet who just like to blame EVERYTHING bad under the sun on Sony are just as bad as the people making stupid comments like #32.

Blakjak_69 said:

June 12th, 1:51 pm

they should do remakes of gt 1 &2 like they did with god of war I wouldnt mind paying $40 for both games

BEASTXJASON said:

June 12th, 1:52 pm

I gave up on this one a long time ago.

loadstone007 said:

June 12th, 1:52 pm

Dang, i’m hard :)

Darth-Krayt said:

June 12th, 1:58 pm

Oh and @ Jeff Rubenstein (stien?)

It REALLY makes no sense that these videos don’t work on the PS3 browser when they are embeded on the PSBlog, when these same exact videos work perfectly on the PS3 browser when watched directly on Viddler. What is up with that? There must be something wrong with how you are embedding them.

Since you guys are never going to actually fix this problem, could you guys start adding a link to all PSBlog video posts directly to the Viddler page of the video for people who are stuck using the PS3 browser like myself? It seems like the easiest solution to the problem.

NordicLlama said:

June 12th, 2:00 pm

So amazing! I’ve been waiting for this day to come :D YEAH!!!!

PAGE 1 2 3