God of War

Jun 16

Jun 16

MotorStorm Apocalypse Video Interview and E3 Trailer

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

With so many titles shown at yesterday’s press conference, we didn’t have time to do a deep dive into every last one. But here’s one that we announced last month which I think you’ll want to see more of: MotorStorm Apocalypse. Before jetting across “the pond” to E3, SCEE‘s intrepid blog-type-person scored an interview with the devs of what is shaping up to be the best MotorStorm game yet.

It felt appropriate seeing MotorStorm Apocalypse in London’s Fabric nightclub. With hard dance music throbbing out of the cutting-edge sound system and a selection of journalists seated on the vibrating dance floor, we were presented with the third MotorStorm festival on PlayStation 3.

The premise this time around, Evolution Studios’ Matt Southern explains to us in this video interview, is urban off-road racing. This is not a post-apocalyptic city; you’re there during the apocalypse and every second of every race you’re bombarded with earthquakes, explosions and other environmental madness.

For sheer lunatic ambition the team at Evolution Studios are hard to beat and with MotorStorm Apocalypse they seem to have outdone themselves. Quite simply, you’re racing through a city as the world ends around you.

Wanna see more MotorStorm Apocalypse? Check out the new E3 trailer:

Add Your Own

MairusuPawa said:

June 16th, 8:00 am

Still does not bring OtherOS back.

Hellman said:

June 16th, 8:06 am

Looks F’in amazing can’t wait! You guys at Evolution are doing a great job keep it up!

kingslog said:

June 16th, 8:09 am

MairusuPawa, get over that, it was taken away because of some stupid hackers who like to ruin everything for the rest of us.

anyway i really liked the first 3 Motorstorms and i really like what there doing in this one, Jeff i hope you can keep these Motorstorm info coming, oh and the only disappointment of E3 so far is that Resistance 3 was not announce, i think overall Microsoft lost this E3 and Nintendo really came back with a hard to top show but i think Sony won especially with Sweet tooth at the end :)

Glacier928 said:

June 16th, 8:10 am

@mairusupawa
That has absolutely nothing to do with this post…

As for Motorstorm, looks very cool!

GuitarrassDeAmor said:

June 16th, 8:12 am

Cannot wait.

Razorback said:

June 16th, 8:12 am

I can’t wait for this game because I have been a huge Motorstorm fan. I really like how the online aspect of the game is taking shape.

zombie_56 said:

June 16th, 8:12 am

evolution studios ftw lunatics unite!

Kegs11 said:

June 16th, 8:18 am

how long before we get a playable demo?

ColoradoBulldog said:

June 16th, 8:27 am

I hope they make the gameplay and controls more like the First MotorStorm. I still like the Second game, but love the feel of the controls on the original.

TheRealAlpha2 said:

June 16th, 8:29 am

you only want other os so you can pirate. hush.

LeoMindfreak08 said:

June 16th, 8:31 am

Sweeeet!

Korbei83 said:

June 16th, 8:41 am

This game is really getting me psyched.

Caudill said:

June 16th, 9:09 am

Looks really good. Was shocked when I didn’t see it during the press conference.

…and seriously people, other OS isn’t going to come back, no matter how much you whine about it, just move on/forget about it…geez.

fedex682 said:

June 16th, 9:58 am

Jeff,

First and foremost thanks for covering E3 press conference. Thanks to you guys I was able to keep track of the announcements on the live blog.

Now for Motorstorm. This looks amazing and is definitely day 1!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 16th, 10:26 am

Thanks for saying so. We’ll be pumping out interviews and more for you all week, and into the next one.

kojo51 said:

June 16th, 10:01 am

nice!!!! this is gonna be a good one i have all but the ice tundra or what ever it is my fav tht has been made is pacific rift i cant wait till this one comes out

ZeroSection said:

June 16th, 10:11 am

My 1 hope is that they don’t make this as hard as Pacific Rift. The difficulty level turned me off and some of the tracks were out right unfair to anything other then monster trucks and the semi class.

Blkant said:

June 16th, 10:11 am

You know, I never cared for racing MP, I bought all of the motorstorms but only went online a few times, I bought them for t he SP….

I have a bad feeling about this one…

RBlaze1988 said:

June 16th, 10:12 am

Just wondering when the Sony press conference is going up on the PS store…I know it’s off topic but i’d like to know.

Otherwise this looks like the ultimate Motorstorm title. Especially the persistent damage staying in levels and the split screen online multiplayer and customization and perks. I already have fun playing pacific rift with friends but this will be insane fun!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

June 16th, 10:26 am

Part of it is already up there. The other parts should hit today.

TopDogg069 said:

June 16th, 10:18 am

looking very good. wish this was demoed at the e3 presser yesterday

F-minus said:

June 16th, 10:20 am

@1

Shut it… I hate people who have NO CLUE on the correct and proper channels to go through to get your voice heard. Placing your comment here in a post that has nothing to do with firmware updates or the console itself and what has been removed is pointless.

GROW UP…Express your opinions to the proper people in a professional manner and you will be surprised on how much further your words will go.

VincentVendetta said:

June 16th, 10:25 am

Ok, this looks more like it, although I have a few issues. One if the soundtrack which, based on this song, doesn’t seem that great, and two, that running animation looked awful.

Axecution said:

June 16th, 10:48 am

He said CHOPPERS.

D:

Knight0011 said:

June 16th, 10:49 am

QUESTION……….

Is there going to be a blog-post before the Canadian Video Store goes live?
They just said it is coming July 1st with no detail.

ADR143 said:

June 16th, 10:52 am

looks good!

explosive78 said:

June 16th, 11:02 am

Looks good will be buying this. To bad you didnt show off at E3.

Sindred said:

June 16th, 11:22 am

Hey Jeff, any chance we can get these videos in 3D on PSN? I’m at work, so if you guys did that today, my bad.

But if not, those of us early-adopters would love to see the killzone footage in 3D at home.

Also, will we ever see Motorstorm Pacific in 3D outside of just a demo? (like Wipeout updated the entire game?)

ixnine said:

June 16th, 11:25 am

Wow, this is too awesome! Can we expect working headlight this time?

gold5225 said:

June 16th, 11:40 am

This looks awesome I can’t wait. I loved Pacific Rift and I’m sure I’ll love this one too, probably even more so because it looks fantastic.

xiked said:

June 16th, 12:12 pm

This will be crazy good!

Orange_95 said:

June 16th, 12:19 pm

Looks good, i hope that its easyer to turnthan in pacific, and i think it will be because there isnt so much dirt mud and other things. I also hope that its not boring to have only one gind enviroment

Jeigh said:

June 16th, 12:41 pm

Love the accents. I know I’m a linguist, but I can’t tell any difference between the interviewer and Harry Potter’s accents. Is HP’s accent really THAT bad? Or did I hear/remember wrong?

On topic, bless LittleBigPlanet for its inception and revolutionizing of the gaming universe. EVERYTHING has a create and share aspect now! Hahahaha! (Hyperbole, yes, but it’s definitely catching on.)

Midgetguy said:

June 16th, 12:45 pm

I’m SUPER excited for Motorstorm Apocalypse!

I’m a massive Motorstorm fan! I loved the first one, loved Pacific Rift even more, I play Arctic Edge on my PSP Go like none other, and now Apocalypse is gonna dominate my PS3!

=P

Azfargh said:

June 16th, 2:42 pm

I liked the idea on paper but now… does not look or feel like Motorstorm.

Or just the trailer wasn´t thaaaaat good.

SolidSnake7735 said:

June 16th, 3:23 pm

personally, im liking the soundtrack… does anyone know the name of this song though? in the trailer

primetimekilla21 said:

June 16th, 3:44 pm

I cant wait for this game, big fan of the first two and this looks even better.

thebadnews said:

June 16th, 4:18 pm

I’m a fan of the first Motorstorm but I’m not sold on this sequel yet.

I never bought Pacific Rift, I really disliked some of the track design. The lava elements in particular turned me off, along with the big open areas of dark brown dirt. The tracks didn’t really seem like they could exist outside of a game, unlike the relatively realistic and down-to-earth tracks in MS1.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d much like to see a return to semi-realism in Motorstorm. The coolest things about the original for me where the menu cutscenes showing the sweet festival and the great helicopter footage of the monument valley area. When I heard that Pacific Rift would feature a great deal more variety I was initially excited but I was sad to learn that this variety came at the expense of realism and believability.

Maybe the story aspect will be what sells me on Apocalypse, as the premise of Motorstorm (a traveling race festival) is inherently super cool.

spunnups said:

June 16th, 4:30 pm

LUNATICS UNITE!!

R1LEY62 said:

June 16th, 4:31 pm

lol I love how you can run over bystanders now! BADA**!!!! :D

remanutd5 said:

June 16th, 4:32 pm

man i played it in glorious 3D , AMAZING , i think Motorstorm Apocalypse and Killzone 3 were the 2 most impressive games on sony booths , but whats up with only 2 booths for the game? , game is great!!!!!

DA_SHREDDER said:

June 17th, 8:50 am

I cant believe you guys at Sony didn’t give this game its own shine @ E3 this year? This series is the best off road experience on any platform, and the 3 seconds of footage during the press conference had me screaming in my seat like a little girl? That makes about as much sense as you guys @ Sony expecting to buy PSN+ without it even having cross game chat. Yall need to get your priorities straight. Hire some people that actually wanna give the ps3 the shine it deserves.

DA_SHREDDER said:

June 17th, 8:54 am

Oh sorry for double posting guys, just wondering, is there gonna be a cockpit view this time around? There really should be an edit button btw.

GRG89 said:

June 20th, 7:53 pm

Never played any of the series…but definitely will pick this up. The gameplay and destruction enviormemt looks amazing. Plus it’s taking place in my home town SF bay area!!!

Divaman said:

June 21st, 11:40 pm

When will the demo come out to play and will your car explode if you use to much boost?