PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Free Weekend of MLB.TV For Father’s Day!

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 17, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – PlayStation Network has great news for all the Dads and baseball fans out there! This Friday through Sunday, anyone with the MLB.TV app on the PS3 can stream all the live MLB games and catch up on past games for free. You can download the free MLB.TV app from the “Media” category on PlayStation Store. So now is a great time to get the free app and check out MLB.TV. To ensure you don’t miss out on the remaining 2010 MLB Season action, subscribe to MLB.TV today!

MLB Free Weekend

Happy Father’s Day weekend, from PlayStation Network and MLB.TV.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Darkedson on June 18th, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

for those of you that it is not working for, it just means your isp does not broadcast location so the app assumes you are outside the usa and blocks you. on another note if anyone is still reading this sections comments, i was wondering whether we can get the postseason playoffs with the app or does it end when the regular season ends.

+ Lucky13X on June 18th, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

Thanks for this offer Sony. I sent many of those on my Friends List a reminder message about this.

Tried it out last night and it was great with a very good resolution. Here’s hoping you can continue this “trial offer” on in some form such as allowing us to see a select recording for a team we choose as our MLB.TV favorite. Think about it. It should help sales for those who might miss this opportunity to try this great product out this weekend.

Btw, for those of you Xbox Live users not in the UK with the option to use the Sky player on Xbox or the Play TV player for the UK PS3, this is a great way for seeing what HD live & recorded broadcast content streaming is like via a native application on a console. After this, I am looking forward to that ESPN deal on Xbox even more so.

I am beginning to like baseball again even. So much better when you can skip the boring innings. ;-)

+ RossR89 on June 18th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

Very disappointing.

Sony needs to spend more time designing and planning for the overall user “experience” with this promotions, so that it is fast and easy for users to try out. I’ve just wasted 15 minutes of my life trying to figure out how to get this to work and I feel very frustrated and upset that I can’t watch the last few innings of a baseball game to try out the service. (I am having the same “can’t determine your location” error, keeping me from viewing anything.) :(

If you say you’re going to have a Free Father’s Day Weekend of MLB.TV, then it should be free and not require us jumping through 20 different hoops and wasting our time to get it to work. :(

+ TakenTripod on June 18th, 2010 at 8:51 pm said:

This won’t work. I can’t find where to link my PS3 to the myMLB account without paying for the service. I would love to see how this works without paying for it.

I’m at ps3.com/mlbtv and see nothing to enter my code at.

+ CapinChronic on June 18th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

It keeps asking me to link my account and to pay for a subscription wtf??

BTW we need a NHL app like this too!!!

+ CapinChronic on June 18th, 2010 at 9:09 pm said:

WHAT GIVES I WANT TO WATCH A GAME AND THIS ISNT FREE…. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

+ GreatnessRD on June 18th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

For the Users having trouble getting the free access, make sure your date and time is updated. A friend of mine was having the same problem, but it date and time were not synced to the right time. So when he spoke to SCEA over the phone, that was his problem as I told him. And with that…

This ******* is awesome! We definitely need an NFL Sunday Ticket App. I’ll buy day one. DAY ONE SON!

+ pandaslayr on June 18th, 2010 at 10:14 pm said:

IT IS UPDATED AND IT STILL DOESN’T WORK.

+ MosIncredible on June 19th, 2010 at 3:32 am said:

Working fine and love it. Make an NFL app and I’ll pay for it.

+ BigBangBear on June 19th, 2010 at 6:58 am said:

Would have signed up for this a while back, but most Jays games are blacked out live because they are carried on Rogers here in Canada. Refuse to get cable so I just miss out instead. Oh well. MLB won’t get my money instead.

+ pandaslayr on June 19th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

lol wow. I contacted MLB.tv support and they said: make sure your time/date is updated via internet and not manual. Even though I explained that I did that already in the original message to them. /facepalm

+ tazinlwfl on June 19th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

I got mine to work finally – I was on wi-fi, and after connecting directly to the router, it started working. It’s stuck on the “This game will begin shortly” screen, but no error message…

+ gdwiz22 on June 19th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Nice try Sony, but some more thought into a promotion would be nice. How is anyone going to think about paying for this when we can’t get it to work for free?

+ hskr121 on June 19th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

Not working for me either. Disappointing.

+ GGCAN on June 19th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

Works for me and I’m in Canada, but I did select my region and set the time correctly.

I’ve been watching games since Friday evening.

Excellent picture and no lagging on my end…but then again, it may depend what type of internet connection you have as well…I’ve got fiber optics with Bell.

+ adolson on June 19th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I can’t seem to stream live games, it just gives me an error. I can watch old games, though.

And the Jays game, though it’s over, says I’m restricted by blackout if I try the Toronto feed, but if I try the other feed, it works fine… Does that mean I could have watched the Jays game live, just not from the Toronto feed? I could live with that..

+ tazinlwfl on June 19th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

It’s funny, cuz the game unwanted to watch is blacked out (on FOX-HD)… Sorta defeats the purpose… I though this was a preview of the Premium version with no local blackouts??

+ RemarkableRyan on June 19th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

I like how every game is blacked out on the “free weekend”. On the Los Angeles/Boston game It says “Based on your current location, you are blacked out from watching this game” I live in freakin SOUTHERN NEW MEXICO! How is that anywhere near those two locations?!?!

+ TyrDraco on June 19th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

On Friday, everything worked just fine. But today (Saturday), I get the “Based on your current location, you are blacked out from watching this game. You can still access live audio coverage of this game on your computer. You can also watch the archive of this game on your PS3 system approximately 90 minuets after the end of the game.” I didn’t do anything differently, so that tells me it was some system setting that changed overnight. What gives?

So, was it free this weekend, but not for live games?!

Thank goodness the College World Series is on this weekend. I can at least watch that!

+ rvaen17 on June 19th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Hey Darkedson,

is there a magical solution to an ISP not broadcasting location?

+ tazinlwfl on June 19th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

So I was blacked out from the Boston game earlier today, but now I can watch the archived version. I assume its because it was brodcast on FOX (I was able to watch it on my local channel, even though I’m in South Florida).

+ Greendublin on June 19th, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

wow, thanks for the free HEADACHE.. sit down with precious free time to relax and try this out and spent an hour messing with settings, creating mlb account and hunting down help or an explanation … thanks so much!

+ Bat24SS on June 19th, 2010 at 8:58 pm said:

I emailed “PlayStation Consumer Services” with full details of the problem and Tenera S. says I can down load the app for the media store and get games for free this weekend. Then a link to this blog. REALLY?! WoW!!! She blew off all my questions and tells me that? Playstation… Sony… that’s how it is?

+ PirateHarlock on June 20th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

Had to try several times 2 get any playback at all and finally was only able to get playback on games already finished. sadly theres no commercial free as feeds r from local stations or regional sports networks. Not fully HD either looks to be barely 720p wif heavy compression artefacts making it look barely more than 480p at times. Definately not worth the asking price of $100+ only for baseball. what we do need is not only football or NBA but a more general streaming service akin 2 what uk users get with bbc iplayer or nowtv in HK. Include at least 1 or 2 sports channels to satisfy the hardcore sports fans and at least 1 or 2 movie channels for us movie fans too. And at a price thats reasonable which $100 for a few months isn’t

+ mindless00420 on June 20th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

yeah freebie…too bad i couldn’t get the damn thing to work, and it seems like i’m not the only one.i missed the phillies game 2 days in a row..thanks for the freebie

+ mrkeith on June 29th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

I hope they make a NHL app

+ mellosince86 on July 6th, 2010 at 1:17 am said:

most fathers are donors anyways who gives a —-? i just want to know since there aint no post about it when call of duty: modern warfare’s resurgence map pack going to hit? If it aint this is some bull and i’m taking my business to xbox.

PAGE 1 2 3