PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

See the SOCOM 4 E3 Show Floor demo

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 17, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

By now, I’m sure you’ve read many reactions, impressions, and even Jimpressions of the many, many games being shown at E3 2010. But how much of a taste to attendees actually get of these games? Well, let’s take a look at SOCOM 4. A couple of days before we jetted down to LA, producer Mark Rogers walked us through the S4 show floor demo, utilizing PlayStation Move (note: it was playable on the floor with DualShock 3 as well). Take a look:

That’s a pretty nice taste, don’t you think? For more on everything SOCOM 4, check out the SOCOM Blog.

69 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ illmatic610 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

looks good

But I’m afraid you guys have an idiot matter to attend to in the last post you made.

+ sedPHI on June 17th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

1st Socom 4 is going to be awesome!

+ DANO69 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

SOCOM….Died at CONFRONTATION unfortunately.

+ VanilaGorila-x- on June 17th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Looking good, now release some MP info already.:)

Peace,
VG

+ Prince_of_da_Bay on June 17th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

looks good

+ Philaroni on June 17th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

Where you just using the move controller or the sub controller as well? Also you should do a side by side game-play demo, one using Move the other using the DS3.

+ Stinkinmushroom on June 17th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Never played SOCOM, but this one looks pretty interesting

+ Gunwing on June 17th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Too late………….. But on topic this game rocks……

+ SPARDA on June 17th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

Looking very promising. Can’t wait to see some MP.

+ Gogo_ZvC on June 17th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Great coverage so far Jeff, keep it up!

Will this demo be coming out soon on the PSN Store?

Also, could you maybe in some spare time gap you get somehow (maybe after E3) find out if Slant 6 is still going to be patching or updating Socom CONFRONTATION? They seemed to have abandoned the forums :(

+ cookcitypa on June 17th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

I want to know about the online multi-player mode.

+ Mosh_Pit on June 17th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

Please tell me you can play with regular controller cause I’m not getting the PS move.

+ Gogo_ZvC on June 17th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

@Mosh_Pit Read the 2nd last sentence before the video…

+ illmatic610 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

@12

Yeaaaa…its been known for a while that Move is optional in
Socom 4.

+ LokeSTL on June 17th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

You guys should get some XBR9s in there. They blow away the XBR4/5s you guys are using there.

Like others have stated, bring on the MP info.

+ Jasko45 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

You can sure tell Zipper has turned Socom into a run n gun casual shooter..

+ DrBingogh on June 17th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

What will you do when the exsisting Socom community treatsthe new Move players like schmucks so much they lose faith in humanity?

+ LIQUIDhAWK on June 17th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

ps2 much?

+ Naustradamus on June 17th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

will it have voice command like the previous socoms did?

+ Edd on June 17th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Looks freaking awesome, for those of you that think socom has changed go watch old videos of the ps2 socoms, I’m really sick of hearing these so called “hardcore” socom fans whining over nothing. I played all 3 socoms on ps2 and I think this looks great, Move gives you much more tactical control over your squad mates and increased fidelity and precision over the gunplay. Socom is about realistic tactical combat, I think Move fits well into that ethos.

+ Airwalkinman17 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

THIS is going to be the first MOVE game I buy.
Can’t wait. You guys are doing a fantastic job of incorporating MOVE controls for a shooter. This is how ALL shooters should start doing it. Thank God SONY and Zipper understand this.
Day 1 purchase for me.

+ CondorMcG on June 17th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

Hey Jeff is there any chance we can get a really good quality version of Kevin Butler holding the move bow and arrow that was behind him in the conference? This one:

It would make a pretty epic desktop background no?

+ ADR143 on June 17th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

it looks good but idk about gameplay, need to see some MP footage

+ waypoetic on June 17th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

Jimpressions ;) Showing some love for the Mr. Sterling are we?

+ Hradekal on June 17th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

Hey Zipper, since when are females aloud direct combatant roles in the military?

+ Hradekal on June 17th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

*allowed

+ KentoMaiku on June 17th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

Cant wait until this socom arrives Zipper is the best at this, i didnt really like my first socom experience at all, with confrontation socom 4 will rock

+ xseanedgex on June 17th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

I agree with post 16. Old SOCOM games you died getting shot once, three times tops. I have to admit that’s pretty disappointing it isn’t going to stay tactical. I’d say I’ll have to get the new Ghost Recon instead but that MGS4 rip off looks even easier than this game.

+ CDubyahS on June 17th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

is therean offline campaign? i got better things to do online than shoot neighbors in the head…move toy or not

+ Neil on June 17th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

I’m not a Socom fan at all but after having a chance to see it on the show floor in person (with Move support) I am impressed. The game reminds me more of an Uncharted style action experience rather than a Tom Clancy game – which is good!

+ Crotin on June 17th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

looks really good guys

+ CDubyahS on June 17th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

original socom was the first game with voice response interactive controls boomer stealth to my position and cover me = very cool. they lost me with the online exclusivity though need return to offline

+ CondorMcG on June 17th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

@24

Its a peacekeeping force.

+ Virodeath on June 17th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

The Move and SOCOM 4 is a novel idea but I really doubt you will see it’s use in clan wars or ranked matches.

+ BigBoss712 on June 17th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Not bad but nothing too interesting either, hope they can do better than that.

+ DZORMAGEN on June 17th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Huge question about PS Move….

How important is lighting for the controls to be one to one? I remember with PS Eye on PS2 lighting was a big thing you needed….

+ CondorMcG on June 17th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

@35 I think it should be fine because the controller itself lights up, and so it probably actually performs better in lower light…

+ Deathblow45 on June 17th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

Will there be voice recognition? That was something that always made the franchise for me. When you say bravo move to charlie and they do, that was the coolest ever. Please Zipper don’t blow up the series because of the Playstation Move.
Sincerely,
Deathblow45

+ QDub on June 17th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Looking at this demo its easy to see why the Socom community is so ticked off. You don’t seem to listen to what your consumer wants. The Camera angle in the demo at times were horrible. There were several spots in the video where the user loses complete sight of his character. The OTS view has to go.

Socom is Dead.

You might bring in a few causal gamers, but you just lost your hardcore gamers. When you throw in the negitive word of mouth, how many new gamers will pick this up when everyone’s telling them socom sucks?

+ Destiny89 on June 17th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Thats looks really good

+ Jeigh on June 17th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

You know, I’ve never been much of a Socom guy, but with this level of tactical coordination, you have my attention. I just eat that up in KZ2 online- out-manuevering an opponent is just so much fun. So much more enjoyable than seeing who can shoot the other face-to-face first.

+ KioDane on June 17th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Dude looks like Val Kilmer.

+ Dexterbaxter on June 17th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

I like it. Keep up the good work! Oh by the way, can anyone confirm Online Co-op for this game? It would truly make the game a must buy if it had this mode.

+ HarlemKlown on June 17th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

…lol..I didnt know Val Kilmer works for sony and play Socom…

+ Klass1K on June 17th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

Good bye Socom. Resurrect Socom with Socom 2 HD :)

+ Eule_Colla on June 17th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Really cool!!!

+ D-Roca on June 17th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

ONLINE CO-OP is a must………
is there going to be a co-op in Socom 4?

+ Evil-Rican on June 17th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I have to agree with Qdub….no one wants that over the shoulder view it SUCKS A$$, get rid of that crap Zipper. I guess they really dont care about what we think. I know one thing that OTS better not be in the online play.

+ bleweyes on June 17th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

wow!! Thank u Zipper U guys are doing a fantastic job on the new socom. Im very please of what u shown for the demo. Im very impressed. Im a true soocom player. I enjoy all your older games. I even play Mag. One of my favorate of all time. U guys rock. U people out there dont understand this not the old socom. Its the new socom and change is good to keep it fresh. Now that the Playstation3 is here an what is able to do than any other console to date. Im happy with the way it looks. Thanks again to Zipper.. Socom does live on….

+ KinjiroSSD on June 17th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

Videos like these are slowly changing my perception on motion gaming, positively.

PAGE 1 2