PS4-Infamous

E3 2010 Wrap-up: Photo Gallery

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 18, 2010 // Social Media Manager

What a week! With eight years of the E3 Expo under my belt, this was perhaps the most exciting, inspiring show I’ve attended. For me, the highlights included experiencing stereoscopic 3D in games like Killzone 3 and MotorStorm Apocalypse (seeing is believing), sampling the many PlayStation Move games (the precision and gameplay versatility were on full display), and the much-anticipated return of Twisted Metal from Eat Sleep Play. Oh, and Kevin Butler.

And of course, games, games, games: From heavyweights like MotorStorm Apocalypse, LittleBigPlanet 2, Gran Turismo 5, SOCOM 4, inFAMOUS 2, and God of War: Ghost of Sparta to head-turning PSN titles like Dead Nation, Journey, and PixelJunk Shooter 2 — this year, the games did all the talking. And don’t get me started on the third-party lineup, with Dead Space 2, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Medal of Honor, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Crysis 2, Mafia II, Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, Scott Pilgrim…I could go on all day and I’d run out of breath before I named them all.

This is an excellent time to be a gamer. It’s also an excellent time to have access to a camera, as this year’s E3 booths were bigger and bolder than I’ve seen in years. I wanted to give PlayStation.Blog readers an inside look at some of the most inspired booth layouts we spotted on the show floor. It’s by no means a complete look, but I hope you enjoy the eye candy.

Enjoy the pics! And see more PlayStation E3 2010 photos on our Flickr Photostream.

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for PS3

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for PS3 Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for PS3

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for PS3

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for PS3

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood for PS3

Homefront for PS3 Homefront for PS3

Homefront for PS3

Killzone3 in stereoscopic 3D at the PlayStation booth

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for PS3 Yakuza 4 for PS3

Left: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for PS3; Right: Yakuza 4 for PS3

MAFIA II for PS3

MAFIA II, coming to PS3 with exclusive bonus content

Mortal Kombat for PS3 (in stereoscopic 3D)

Mortal Kombat, coming to PS3 with Stereoscopic 3D

Red Faction Armageddon for PS3

Red Faction Armageddon for PS3

Lord of the Rings: War in the North for PS3

Lord of the Rings: War in the North for PS3

TRON Evolution for PS3 TRON Evolution for PS3

TRON Evolution for PS3

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds for PS3 DC Universe Online for PS3

Left: Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3; Right: DC Universe Online for PS3

PAGE 1 2

+ HatmanTc on June 18th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

wonder why DCUO isn’t represented in the HOME version of the E3 booth??

nice pictures though

+ SPK_Solidus5 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

HUGE ???????? ABOUT PS PLUS, I THOUGHT I’D ASK HERE SINCE THIS IS THE NEWEST POST, I PURCHASE ALL MY DLC & STUFF FROM PSN ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT, BUT I PLAY ON THIS ACCOUNT, WILL I BE ABLE TO PURCHASE PS PLUS ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT & USE IT ON THIS ACCOUNT JUST LIKE DLC & EVERYTHING ELSE ON PSN, A RESPONSE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

+ gd0495 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

good E3 the only thing that was missing was CROSS GAME CHAT. its okay keep ignoring us sony.

+ mp42 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

Nice pics

+ Rayne_Storm76 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

Awesome I so wish i was there but i wasnt…..sniff sniff..hehehehe…..

+ HatmanTc on June 18th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

@2 sounds like someone likes to have a game sharing account….

@3 for some reason, i just dont think they are ready to announce it yet because it have something to do with a partnership(ie Skype or something like that) that isn’t ready to be announced yet

+ NotoriousGamer on June 18th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Is the E3 booth on PSN Home a permanent space or not? The Playground space is just boring. If you are gonna remove something, remove the playground. The basketball game is just impossible.

+ ExcelKnight on June 18th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Awesome pics. Somewhat disappointed that Valkyria Chronicles 2 didn’t make the cut for this blog entry’s picks, since I’ve been proved wrong and it’s definitely going to be as exciting as the first game!

+ Sid Shuman on June 18th, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

I know Jeff’s a big fan of VC! :-) I didn’t see a booth when I was running around snapping pics, but I’m sure I missed some areas in my mad dash. The show was huge!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 18th, 2010 at 10:33 pm said:

I shot an interview of VC2, just waiting for new video so you don’t need to just look at our flapping gums!

+ gd0495 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

@ comment #2 theres still alot of questions they havent answered.

+ gd0495 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

@6 i hope ur right because alot of people are waiting for cross game chat.

+ SPK_Solidus5 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

@ #6 ACTUALLY IVE HAD A FEW PS3s DIE ON ME YLOD & BLUE RAY DRIVE MOSTLY, SO I’M CURRENTLY MAXED AT 5 ACCOUNTS ACTIVATED WITH MY OTHER 4 ACCOUNTS SOMEWHERE ON A BROKE PS3 WITH NO WAY TO DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT, PLEASE SONY DO SOMETHING TO DEACTIVATE BROKE PS3s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ExcelKnight on June 18th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

@#2 When someone says “details will follow”, that usually means you’ll get details later. Screaming for them isn’t exactly going to help your case.

On point: Just noticed that the Tron bike is absolutely amazing and glossy. It would make for a great thematic mod of the PSP.

+ rmartinez10 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

@11, all you have to do is call SCEA support and they’ll deactivate all of those other accounts for you. Look it up in the FAQ.

+ HatmanTc on June 18th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

@13, i was thinking the same thing. I knew there was a way to do so. if you have sent Sony your PS3 for repair both parties should have a record of this, so they should be able to deactivate it no problem

+ SPK_Solidus5 on June 18th, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

TOO BAD THEY CANT DO ANYTHING- MY FRIEND JUST GOT RIPPED OFF A PSN CARD CUS HIS ACCOUNT WAS MAXED, SO HE CALLED SCEA TO SEE IF THERE WAS A WAY TO DEACTIVATE HIS BROKE PS3s, THEY TOLD HIM THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO.

+ SiloEyes on June 18th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

“Killzone 3 in stereoscopic 3D for PS3 (so popular it averaged a one-to-two hour line wait)”

Lol yeah, the wait for the 3D killzone demo was only that long because you guys only provided three 3D tv’s for it, the rest were all 2D and most were forced to play that instead because nobody could get a turn at the 3D. Instead of wasting 3D tv’s on demos of Eyepet, maybe you should’ve used them for the Killzone 3 booth.

+ Sid Shuman on June 18th, 2010 at 10:23 pm said:

Feedback noted, though I’ll note that the 2D stations were packed too. Did you get to try it in 3D?

+ x-DarkPrince-x on June 18th, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

Where was call of duty black ops!

+ Nightmare142 on June 18th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 FTW AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Can’t wait to play this :)

+ whitwhit on June 18th, 2010 at 7:30 pm said:

cross game chat is it included in the psn+ or not please respond to us sony its a make or break deal for me..

+ AWESOMEgamer875 on June 18th, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

Wow, they did good on recreating that in PlayStation Home!

+ zekececil14 on June 18th, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

Great Job Sony! Keep up the good work. Oh yea i have already seen the Marcus PSP commercial, great job on the speed, only 3 days after the viewing!

+ TheRealAlpha2 on June 18th, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

@SPK_Solidus5 Unless you’re buying brand new PS3′s instead of sending them for repair/replacement they’re supposed to remove the broken system you sent them from your account. If they refused then you either didn’t give them the right information or you’re lying.

+ remanutd5 on June 18th, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:

i think it was an ok E3 press conference from you guys , i seriously believe that all pre E3 announcements could have been part of the show , it was megaton after megaton b4 E3 then the conference came and the only games that we didnt know about were Sorcery and Twisted Metal , jack took way too much time talking and talking instead i think you could have shown Motorstorm Apocalypse 3D on stage ( game looks great in 2d and 3d ) , too much videos , next time show more demos please , oh and thanks guys for letting us ( the loyal fans ) be in the actual conference ( i was there lol ) , good luck and dont forget to bring full psn functionality to the psp.

cant wait to play Motorstorm Apocalypse , Socom 4, Gran Turismo 5, Sorcery , Heroes on the Move , Killzone 3 , God of War Ghost of Sparta , Twisted Metal , Dead Nation , Little Big Planet 2 and more

+ remanutd5 on June 18th, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

forgot inFAMOUS 2 !!!!!!!

+ Permafry_42 on June 18th, 2010 at 8:49 pm said:

the big problem with 3d glasses are that the people like me that already wear glasses can’t relax and watch a movie or play a game with heavy 3d glasses pressing up against my normal glasses. in the end our only option is contacts, which give me dry eyes and aren’t very useful for gaming. not to mention the price issue; i could buy a fully equipped PC with a 3d graphics card for the same price as a 3d-ready HDTV…

You guys are working on a solution to the issues rather than just being arrogant to the situation right? because you know which gaming company is going to force a majority of your gamers who want 3d but can’t afford 3d tvs to turn to the company for their 3d desires…

+ Zarxce on June 18th, 2010 at 9:02 pm said:

Does someone actually get PAID to build those lego statues? I want that job….

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:27 am said:

Crazy, right?

+ ken_kimura on June 18th, 2010 at 9:07 pm said:

It was a great E3 with countless exciting games coming. Really finally happy to see a release date on Gran Turismo but how about LBP2? You guys mentioned winter 2010 before, but do you have anything more solid now?
Please also start feeding us with the details for the PSN+. How about a FAQ here in the blog?

Favorite E3 moment: Kevin Butler calls out for gamers who were watching the press conference live while at work (check!) and live in 1BR apartments with a big TV (check!) and play games until 3am for imaginary trophies (check!). This guy is a comic genius.

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:28 am said:

Glad you liked the show — no new details for LBP2 or PSN+ yet though. We’ll let you know when that changes!

+ HatmanTc on June 18th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

@15 why would he be adding money to his PSN wallet if he was already to the $150 limit, why would you need $150 on your account in the 1st place? let alone adding more money to it.

+ colonel007 on June 18th, 2010 at 9:12 pm said:

Sid, I have a question

We all know from Sony’s Press conference that Killzone 3 will be 3D natively (meaning built from the ground-up in 3D), but I am curious as to the other games such as: Mortal Kombat, Crysis 2, etc. Will they be too, NATIVE 3D, or will they have 3D implemented.

The reason I’m asking is because, I am guessing that having the game built from the ground up in 3D will look better?

I just want to understand the difference and if there is some effect in the different forms of implementation.

Thanks!

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:25 am said:

Sure — I’m not a super-expert on 3D, but I know it depends on the game and how it implements 3D. I also know that games like Killzone 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse are built from the ground up for 3D (Mortal Kombat is, too), and can take maximum advantage, while some other games are converted from 2D to 3D. The games with native 3D tend to look the most impressive, but I’ve seen converted games that look terrific, too.

3D is something that will improve and evolve over time, and what I saw at E3 was quite promising. Try out some of the 3D PSN titles on a 3D TV if you get a chance!

+ Nepraos on June 18th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

Whoa, Hagrid is pixelated. Must’ve taken a while to put him all together.

I’ve got this sudden crave to continue playing 3D Dot Game Heroes.

+ letherclad on June 18th, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

WHERE WAS THE LAST GUARDIAN?

Other than that E3 blew me away, you guys are killing me with the amount of good stuff coming out!

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:19 am said:

Oh, it’s still coming. :-) But no news for now. Glad you liked that show!

+ SwoleRN on June 18th, 2010 at 11:10 pm said:

3D gaming makes me drool. Cant wait until some full games are released. Go Sony!

+ SwoleRN on June 18th, 2010 at 11:17 pm said:

PS Sony at least give us some more 3D mini games on PSN until full released titles. I have both 360 and PS3, but the 360 has been collecting dust after the 3D update. Thanks again.

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:19 am said:

Glad you like it — what 3D TV do you have?

+ LittleDark243 on June 18th, 2010 at 11:25 pm said:

ok guys, go look up psn+ on some other websites, cross game chat is on psn+ go look for it, i found it so……….

+ gd0495 on June 19th, 2010 at 12:15 am said:

funny how they keep ignoring cross game chat comments.Im about to go to the next public event to ask jeff Rubenstein face to face and see if he will at least say something about it or just call security on me.

+ VenomUK on June 19th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

Dear blog team,

I cannot log in to the US blog site when using the FIREFOX browser, although it works fine with IE. Can you look into this please?

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

Interesting, thanks for the tip — will investigate. Have you tried Chrome?

+ DarkOne_PR on June 19th, 2010 at 1:46 am said:

OK seriously guys Im getting Crazy HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS Someone tell me X chat its coming! Im Dying here! i dont care if it take a while to make i just want the “yes its in development” and ill be happy! plus Make it for free! no PSN+! we ve been asking for this since …. i dont even remember anymore!

+ c45j on June 19th, 2010 at 3:13 am said:

Can you please tell Guerilla to increase the FOV (field of view) in their game. its way too small. its exactly like that whole bioshock problem, where the game didnt have the correct fov for widescreen.

+ Craftiii4 on June 19th, 2010 at 4:53 am said:

@gd0495

cross game chat was confirmed, just not at the sony e3

+ fedex682 on June 19th, 2010 at 6:10 am said:

Just a quick question on GT5. I went to gamestop to pre-oder the GT5 special edition but they do not have it for pre-order yet. Any info on when this will go for pre-order and also what will be the cost of the special edition?

+ RuthlessEd on June 19th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

Sid:

How can you suggest that Killzone 3 was “built from the ground up for 3D” when clearly Killzone 3 is using the exact same engine as Killzone 2 (with a few modifications).

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

It’s using a highly optimized, enhanced version of the K2 engine — K3 was always intended to use stereoscopic 3D, so they put a ton of development time into making it shine. When you see it in action, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

+ Sereal_Killer on June 19th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

@2

on the eu blog it has been said that plus MUST be purchased by a main account but all the sub accounts can profit from it like DLC etc.

you should check out some answers there since they explained alot same with moving content to psp , what happens when your account ends and you forget to renew etc.

+ Lucky13X on June 19th, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

Hello PS Blog fellows.

Since the forums are down for Playstation Home, I figured I would also ask here for any possible extension on those Move controller codes for Playsation Home. :-)

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

Likely not. But the virtual Move controller was a big hit — something we’ll be keeping in mind.

+ Lucky13X on June 19th, 2010 at 8:00 am said:

Btw, the Tron, LEGO and Red Faction props are pretty amazing.

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Right? :-) The Red Faction robot was mechanized, guys were hopping into its cockpit for photo opps.

+ SMCTwilight on June 19th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

This is probably a bad place to ask this but, I just wanted to ask about the PS3′s 3D capabilities.

So there are 3D-TVs and 3D READY TVs. Does PS3 work on ALL 3D TVs? And will it work with 3D READY TVs (one’s that do not have the transmitter built in, ie: you need your own transmitter and glasses like the Nvidia 3D Vision kit)?

Thanks ahead of time!

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

That’s a pretty hardcore question, and one I don’t know offhand. But you know what? I’ll find out — it’d be fun to do a blog post explaining the different variations of 3D tech and how the PS3 fits in. For instance, I know it supports the most cutting-edge stereoscopic 3D tech out there, active shutter glasses and all. Let me look into this.

+ DJ_DTM on June 19th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

I just finished paying off 3 Sony EX1′s and 1 Sony EX3 how about a deal on some 3D equipment? Do you guys make 3D cameras for broadcast?? I want on this wagon!!

+ Sid Shuman on June 19th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

Good question! Unfortunately, I’m not enough of a 3D guru to know, but I’ll investigate!

+ Powie on June 19th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Dear PlayStation,

As a day 1 owner of a PS3/PSP and subscriber of Qore, I have a strong interest in your PSN+, what scares me is that you will never put any new PSN titles up for PSN+ members, thus giving me 2 mini’s and one PS1 classic a month. Qore honestly was for the most part worthless, and was glad my sub was ending. (Sorry just being honest)

In the US it’s already off to a bad start with EU getting a full version of LBP, and we get no bonus. This alone is going to make me delay PSN+ already for a month or more as your debut month should have launched with a bang, not a 4 year old game. Get the LBP PSN version to the US and you have me at day 1, or change Wipeout HD to say…. Planet MiniGolf and put it on sale, and you have me day 1.

Also please add lots more social/gaming networking aspects to our PSN profiles/badges, of course all optional for those who wish to keep anonymous, things like age, gender, location, maybe our own playstation.com url that loads FAST, and has some information about us that we want to share.

+ gd0495 on June 19th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

@ powie it shoul be like this.

Dear playstation,

Start reading the ideas we put in playstation share (specially# 1)
and stop being so lazy and give us what we want if you want us to pay for a service which was always suppose to be free :(

+ dracogaurd_g20 on June 19th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

@25 I am exactly with u. Contacts really suck and it keeps my eyes way dry. what if they made 3D glasses that went over a pair of glasses? would that work? I can sort of make one but….i’m not so sure if i want to destroy a pair of 3D lens

+ SiloEyes on June 19th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

I didn’t get to try Killzone in 3D, the line wasn’t moving and the Sony booth guy kept suggesting we try 2D instead. But I did see Motorstorm in 3D, as well as the Killzone trailer at the press conference and they were both amazing. Just next time show a little more faith in your product and have more 3D demo stations set up :)

PAGE 1 2