PS4-Watch_Dogs

What is Dead Nation?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jun 18, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

You first heard the title last year. You got a sneak peek when the live action promo was released last month. But what kind of game is Dead Nation, exactly? US Producer Damion Pinnock tells us about Housemarque‘s zombie-filled follow up to PSN smash hit Super Stardust HD.

68 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ FJ1100_rider on June 18th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

@50
it’s called call of duty world at war nazi zombies mode

it’s been around for 2 years .

+ sdmf4ever on June 18th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

This could be great or meh! Hopefully it is done just right so that it is not too similar to Zombie Apocalypse and so many other zombie games. Being developed by the guys that made Super Stardust HD warrants a close watch on this game…I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best…..impress upon me your mighty development skills Housemarque…..I shall be patiently waiting…….

+ ynp7 on June 18th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Online co-op?

+ mrdeadhead on June 18th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

if it’s cheap, i’ll buy it. looks fun.

+ wolfzero1 on June 18th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

graphics look a lot cleaner than Zombie Apocalypse, I like that its not a top down camera view thus allowing you to see more of the Zombies that are coming at you.

+ Zepinephrine on June 18th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

@ 45 & 46

I agree completely. I do love BZB for what it is though; I have a blast playing that game. Dead Nation looks amazing and I’ll definatly be picking it up. Dead Nation and Burn Zombie Burn will cover all my zombie killing needs.

+ Goaliegeek on June 18th, 2010 at 5:41 pm said:

Looks amazing! Can’t wait for it

+ Draicus on June 18th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

I can hardly wait for this game. It sounds and looks amazingly fun. The meta-game behind reducing zombie populations based on your world region sounds really interesting as well.

+ Mak33 on June 18th, 2010 at 9:39 pm said:

This is the most underrated PSN game. Looks like solid gameplay and a ton of fun!

+ KaiserSosate on June 18th, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

May this game actually have 4 player offline and online co-op. It’ll be worth it.

+ AngleofDeath696 on June 18th, 2010 at 10:50 pm said:

Will it have 4 player offline co-op?

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 18th, 2010 at 11:04 pm said:

Give Playstation Plus members a discount and I will buy it.

+ Thrill_Kill on June 19th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I think the game looks awesome, and cannot wait to pick it up day one. I just HOPE you guys keep some of the full motion video in the game as seen in the trailer. I really do like to see real live actors in games, and having this game with FMV cut scenes with live actors would just rock and add something cool to this downloadable title.

Will you guys be including FMVs that are like in the trailer?

+ fargo44 on June 19th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

ps3 won’t support any blog videos time for upgraded flashplayer sony please rectify

+ hush404 on June 19th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for Dead Nation for a while now. There was another zombie shooter game out around the same time this was announced… but I skipped it cuz I knew this would kick it’s butt. Can’t wait.

I love the idea of having a country play together for a highscore… but gawd knows it’ll be one sided as the countries with larger populations will obviously be the dominate ones.

+ Pelt_Hunter on June 20th, 2010 at 11:32 pm said:

FINALLY! We finally get a muffin’ update on this game? It seems like its been more than a year, I can’t believe the ridiculous lead time. Announce it when it’s actually close to release. Six months should be plenty of time for marketing. Get this out already. The rehash remakes that have been dropping are boring. Sure, they’ll get sales. But no points for originality and eventually people will get tired of it. Or will they… In this day n’ age probably not. Give us new age tech coupled with new age gameplay. Not tired mechanics with a fresh coat of paint. To paraphrase a favorite band, come original.

+ crudd101 on June 21st, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

OH HELL YEAH cant wait

+ Deathwish88 on June 27th, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

yeah I agree. I can’t watch any of these vids when they are posted. They just fixed the youtube problem.

PAGE 1 2