PS4 - Destiny

Ready at Dawn on God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Dana Jan's Avatar + Posted by Dana Jan on Jun 21, 2010 // Game Director, Ready at Dawn

God of War Ghost of Sparta 2

We are really excited to bring you the next installment of the God of War saga. It has been more than 2 years since Kratos made his first appearance on the PSP.

With the amazing feedback we got from Chains of Olympus, we thought it would be fitting to bring Kratos back to the platform once again in what will prove to be one of the most personal stories we have been able to tell in the franchise. With God of War: Ghost of Sparta we are pushing the PSP to its limits in terms of both graphics and gameplay. We believe this game will single handedly show the true power of the PSP and surpass expectations of what you believe is possible on the platform.

God of War Ghost of Sparta 5 God of War Ghost of Sparta 4

Here’s a look at the God of War: Ghost of Sparta teaser trailer unveiled this week at Sony’s E3 press conference. Enjoy!

63 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ HatmanTc on June 21st, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

if these aren’t “bullshots” then they have really out done themselves with this game.

+ Ti_dus on June 21st, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

cute, must have ;) but remember Sony that we need psp2 soon.

+ Kotatsu2000 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

PSP screenshots at 1080p eh? Really Sony, at least remember to scale your fake screenshots down before posting them in future. Schoolboy error.

+ lordflama on June 21st, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

I am a big fan of the GOW but I don’t like playing on the psp… but for this game I should a least try…. where can I rent a psp…? Just kidding :D

+ NeonReaver on June 21st, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I can’t believe that the GOW3 platinum was leading to this. I would care if this on consoles.

+ Mobius_124 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

im gonna get this game since i have a PSP, but we really need a PSP2 to come out.

+ PrizeFighterX6 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Looks good so far. As a God Of War fan…..I can’t wait for this one!

+ lyon_boys on June 21st, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

god of war ghost of sparta is for ps3 ???

+ Kode-Rick on June 21st, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

yes i agree we need a psp 2 soon

+ Kchow23 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

just got a PSP for God of War: Chain of Olympus, this and MGS: Peace Walker

+ gumi42 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

awesome, I loved the first one, Kratos on the go, doesn’t get much better than that.

+ mivec9 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

Looks great!! I like how everyone is trying to let sony know how bad they want a PSP 2!! Yeah, It’s time sony!

+ Jeigh on June 21st, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

You guys do some impressive work. I was disappointed when I read that you guys were refusing to make another. Glad to see you’re back in- Chains of Olympus is easily one of my favorite PSP games. (Puzzle Quest and Crisis Core being my other two.) It’s certainly the most technically impressive.

If the PSP finds its way to a price drop, I may very well end up getting another. (Already have two dead ones, one of them being the GoW Blood Red edition.)

+ krae_man on June 21st, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Please Please charge less for the downloadable version. The “download has to be the same price as retail” policy is destroying sales. Bite the bullet, do it and deal with whatever retailer backlash you get already.

itunes albums arn’t the same price as CD’s.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

can’t wait for this game! just please fix the weird screen-tearing problems that plagued the first one lol.

+ krae_man on June 21st, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Don’t lock me in an identical looking room 8 times in a row to make a 2 hour game 2 hours and 20 minutes again while you’re at it:p

+ Hooligantuan on June 21st, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

Moar leik God of Bore.

+ angelspawn77 on June 21st, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

when you spell like that #17 your opinion loses all credibility.

Anyways, looking forward to this game, I really want to try out the spear and shield, that looks awesome to use and I can feel like a true spartan. Loved the first game you guys did on psp, im sure im gonna love this one as well.

+ illmatic610 on June 21st, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

Chanis of Olympus was awesome, can’t qait for this one. I’m expecting more epicness from you guys!

+ terrasnet on June 21st, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

all say same need psp 2 with 2 analog stick metal gear peace walker is noid if no have second stick look like n64 c buttons

+ artform-fazeone on June 21st, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Dana, Dana, Dana… This is a PSP hit!! a 11 out of 10.. THE FAZEONES LOUNGE…

+ DRAKULL75 on June 21st, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

looks great , but i wish for ps3 too, im big fan of GOW…

+ Treequil on June 21st, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

@17
You make all of us with the awesome little baby duck Avatar feel bad… Like my avatar is dirty now… A troll used it!..
God of War is awesome!..
And… Leirn tuu Speel >.<

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 21st, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Is this coming to PSP2 as well? Or can the PSP2 upscale it natively and give it trophies and dual analog support? [/wish] :D

+ cronqvist on June 21st, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Oh god, those screens look great! I can’t believe it’s coming out on PSP.

+ Demonhunter84 on June 21st, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

@14

I agree that the download version should be cheaper as your paying for case and booklet as in the retail version. But your not dealing a middleman so Sony should pass on the savings to us PSP Go owners or future owners as myself. I would gladly buy Ghost of Sparta on PSN if it was $35 instead of $39.99.

+ DaMann22 on June 21st, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

Day One purchase for me as im glad you guys made at least one more for the psp before you guys pack up (again). Btw my name is Dana too, but its Dana Mann not Dana Jan. ANYWAY, looks great and please add a collectors addition.

+ TheGuardianFID on June 21st, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

EPICALLY SOLD!!! 8)

+ D-Squad3 on June 21st, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Demo please

+ illmatic610 on June 21st, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

yea, a demo would be nice ^_^

+ KazeEternal on June 21st, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

@26
Actually the middle man is the PlayStation STore. Running store servers and having a staff that updates it every week is an expense just like a real store. It may cost less because there is no shipping involved, but then again what profits can the PS STore expect?

+ xiked on June 21st, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

This looks fantastic! Will buy day 1! Keep up the hard work ready at dawn! Great to see you guys/girls on PSP system!

+ NEJI64 on June 21st, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

@14 and 26 Just because its CONVENIENT doesn’t mean it should be cheaper.

On topic. Do this God of War take place between GoW 2 & 3.

+ Francision69 on June 21st, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

I can’t wait for this one!

+ LION313131 on June 21st, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

am i the only one that doesnt want a psp2? i hoked my psp to my 50 in plasma today and CoO looked amazing hope this is as good

+ jvasq on June 21st, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

looks amazing. im sad that i wont see gow on console after i beat gow 3 and then i remembered i had a psp!!! so i bought chains of olympus and it kicks ass! i really want this game too it looks awesome. really great job on putting gow on psp i think it looks, plays, and feels perfect. thanks!

+ Enigma777 on June 21st, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game! I wish there were more PSP developers like Ready At Dawn!!!

+ jayrockslife on June 21st, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

I’m so glad I bought a new PSP 2 weeks ago! Peace Walker was amazing and pushed the limits of the PSP and I’m sure this game won’t disappoint either. It will be good to fill in some gaps in the GOW storyline as well.

+ sdmf4ever on June 21st, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

Can’t wait for this one…have completed all the GOW games and this one will be no different. This looks to be better than the previous installment on PSP. One of the best franchises “ever” on Playstation and this one looks to cement that fact very soon indeed……

+ remanutd5 on June 21st, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

i have played it at E3 , i can honestly see Ghost of Sparta besting Chains of Olympus easily ,
Man , God , LEGEND !!!!

+ wolfzero1 on June 21st, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

now I wish I hadn’t got rid of my PSP as this game sounds pretty cool, really liked Chains of Olympus

+ JJNDiamond on June 21st, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

Im so getting this!

OFFTOPIC: guys, i need ur help im trying to update my ps3 system but im having troubles with my wireless router even the ethernet port is messed up, so when i try to download the update from my pc, the link is broken or something, there’s another link to direct download the update? i have the US version.

Thanks in advance

+ poweredbyzen on June 21st, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

this looks really delicious! can’t wait to eat it up! :D

+ BigBangBear on June 21st, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

@ 10 – I did the exact same thing. Also, add the patapon games and some of the minis to the list.

+ GUNBEHINDTHESUN on June 21st, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

This is looking really good! I can hardly wait to buy it!

+ BeerManMike on June 21st, 2010 at 7:09 pm said:

Cool, ignore the GoW 3 issues (freezing) and move on to the next one. Thanks for allowing me to spend $60 on a preorder for a game i played maybe all 4 hours of before selling it to gamestop. I’ll be sure to avoid anything GoW in the future.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 21st, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but if this game is as short as Chains I’m not gonna buy it. Maybe I’d pick it up when it drops to like $20.

+ Day_breaker78 on June 21st, 2010 at 8:23 pm said:

Can’t wait i have all the games.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 21st, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

Why are you posting PSP screenshots at 1440 x 816 when the system only does 480×272?

+ TechnoKE on June 21st, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

Just saying , how do you know that isn’t actually footage from the game. They did say going beyond the power of the PSP and pushing it to it’s limits. Which I hope isn’t a bad thing, and won’t have a negative effect on the game.

PAGE 1 2