PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Get MAG Interdiction Today, Double XP This Weekend

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Jun 22, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

Today is the day that MAG fans have been waiting for as our first major DLC, “Interdiction,” is now available for purchase from the PlayStation Store for $9.99 US (prices in other regions may vary)!

If you missed our post detailing Interdiction a few weeks back, allow us to sum it up for you:

MAG Interdiction is a brand new game mode built for 128 players. In it, two rival attacking factions fight to gain control of three different command posts while using armored convoys for every squad on the map (that’s right, 16 APCs onscreen at once!). To earn the victory, teams must capture and hold as many objectives as possible to increase their score while simultaneously decreasing their opponents’ score across three all-new “faction neutral” maps (Iron Creek Quarry, Lake Bayano Spur, and Sovot Motorway).

In addition to the new maps and gametype, Interdiction will also include the most powerful protection in the game, the “Heavy Improved” armor set, as well as a number of new in-game ribbons, medals and trophies. Here’s a reminder of what you can expect:

Ribbons

• Jump Start – Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
  • Mowing the Grass – Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
  • Dashed Hopes – Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
  • Cannonball Rally – Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction

Medals

• Roadside Assistance – Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
  • Landscape Architect – Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
  • BOD – Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
  • Designated Driver – Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career

Trophies

• King of the Hills (Bronze) – Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
  • Red Ball Express (Silver) – Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
  • Road Runner (Gold) – Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round

As a special “thank you” to everyone who’s playing MAG this week, we’re also bringing back our popular “Double XP” promotion over the weekend. That means that whether you purchase our new Interdiction DLC or not, you can expect to grab twice as much experience for your battlefield efforts starting Friday, June 25 at 12:01am Pacific Time (3:01am Eastern, 7:01am GMT). Just be sure to finish any game you start in order to benefit from the additional XP, as folks who leave a game early won’t receive the bonus. Our Double XP Weekend ends on Sunday, June 27 at 11:59pm Pacific Time (2:59am Eastern, 6:59am GMT).

Oh, and one final note: All MAG players will have to download a small “Interdiction Activation Patch” starting today. It’s only 4MB in size and prepares your copy of MAG to be compatible with the Interdiction game mode. Again, Interdiction itself can be downloaded later today from the PlayStation Store for $9.99 US and weighs in at 440MB.

Thanks to all our fans for keeping us going these past five months – see you on the Sovot!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ MMPyro55 on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

What is going to happen with my glitched MAG dlc trophy. It keeps trying to sync with my profile every time I click on it or my trophies and it is getting quite annoying

+ Blkant on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Jeff, your fingers were hardly moving, whats the deal?

Suspicious… (of what I have no idea)

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Because it’s hard to play and talk at the same time. My final tally: 0 kills, 6 deaths, 3 assists.
    Ben didn’t do much better: 1 kill, 6 deaths.

+ TorenShudoe on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

About flippin…..wait…..it’s not there >:( the day is half over people

+ Edd on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

What’s with the low rating? Go away haters, MAG is bad *** and this new DLC sounds tight, especially loving the new mode, awesome. I’ll be getting this as soon as it hits the playstation store.

+ Bonaef on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

please sony , we need a spiceal edition or something that have ALL the dlc’s , trophies , updates and patches … etc .

+ Azure-Edge on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Zipper thanks so much.

Can’t wait till this evening when we can all finally get a real taste of interdiction. Also the maps look awesome. It really shows how much work you guys put in to your product. Even though MAG maps are all huge, each one has it’s own distinct feel and style.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

Thanks, we’re really hoping you like them. :)

+ ANUBIS209 on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

Maybe this will get me on MAG again…tired of the same old maps. Focus on SOCOM 4 Zipper

+ cebackes on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I´m right now adding funding to my wallet, so I can buy the DLC later tonight!!! ehehheeheh

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

This looks sic!!!!! pure maddness dead bodies every where I can hear people now screaming “Medic!!!!!” :)

+ zombie_56 on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

nice ill be leveling up 4sure

+ stargatefan2 on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

440MB of epic right there

+ KoRnFlaw on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

tell ps store lets go!!!!!! come on with it now.

+ emiru69 on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

I tried to play MAG and SOCOM a couple of times and it was just nuts. I never heard so many racist/antisemitic/homophobic comments in my life. In MAG you need to listen your teammates so the option of Mute hurts your own game. There is no effective way to moderate this and I while I don’t care about some trash talk there is a difference between trash talk and harassment.

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

MAG??? LOL The game store close to my place has 2 shelves full of used MAG, $9.99. that says it all.
Battlefeild Bad Company 2 is so much better,
Jeremy Dunham, your “zipper” is down in the shooter world.

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

Your on Crack 256 players on board and you are comparing that BFC2 LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL wait I’m not done LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL DTM your high LOL LOL LOL LOL 12 VS 256 I’ll 256 please

+ The_Claw on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

i played mag for around 100 hours. the game is great, revolutionary even. but what made me put the game down is your only as good as your weakest squad. you and your 8 guys could totally dominate…and still lose the match, badly even. if they would of uncapped the squad sizes, and gave the oic the ability to send troops where needed it would probably be the best shooter ever made. im glad to see they are still supporting it, but ya focus on socom 4 please.

+ stargatefan2 on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Battlefeild Bad Company 2 ?

+ LokeSTL on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

Awesome!! I’ll be getting this after work. Hopefully the freeze-ups when playing as PL have been cleared up. Hate racking up 1000+ XP only to lose it when my PS3 freezes on the Map screen. Only happens since 1.06.

Question: Why wait until the weekend to do the Double XP? Should just do it today through Sunday to celebrate the release of Interdiction and get old players back in. Such strange decisions are made over there at Sony HQ…..

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

The CLAW where you been dog all of that is coming this summer. Look there is no game like MAG period console or PC. Sony/Zipper will have the market locked this game is constanly changing just to let yall know MAG is the first MMO/FPS on the market.

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

ya man, fly anything, helicopters, UAVs drive anything- tanks jeeps- even boats of all kind, destroy everything, buildings you name it. best shooter ever made, those who play it know the deal.

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

MAG has none of what BFBC2 is. mags a joke.

+ LokeSTL on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

@DJ_DTM

Where is this store with $10 copies of MAG? I’d like to know so I can buy a copy for everyone I know. My guess is that you are full of……

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

Dufferin Bloor, Toronto.

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

LOL you must love playing with 12 people ewwwww mad old school get wit the times bra 256 people on one MAP anything less is a joke now. so you can have those thing with ur 12 people LOL I’ll stick with my 128 gun crew!!

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

do that, I love realism

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

LOL I rented BFC2 I haven’t even played that game after playing MAG with 256 people i’m sorry can’t play on little MAPS or with 12 people anymore nothing BFC2 is real. MAG all day everyday everay battle never feels the same the game is just sick.

+ Blkant on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

@ Jeff

Could have just stopped spawning :P

+ xdeadstarx on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

What is this battlefield crap? MAG is a real game. 12 players? Please. Games have moved on, people should also move on.

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

wow, so manny zipper employees on this thread it’s hard to have an honest opinion… don’t hate what you can’t create.

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

I wished I worked for Zipper as a tester I have over 28 years of gaming exp. Not an employee just an older gamer who loves their game and concept.

+ xdeadstarx on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

Why don’t you actually try playing the game? Or are you terrified you’ll get killed repeatedly? I just watched a video of battlefield 2 multiplayer, and wow, nothing happens in it! If that was a map on mag I’d have 40 people shooting at me, haha wayyy too easy, I guess kids have to play games too, where they don’t get killed constantly.

+ TheGuardianFID on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

SWEET!!! 8)

+ DJ_DTM on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

I beta tested MAG, they fully ignored anything we asked them to change, EG. weapon select, just try and throw a grenade..!!

+ xDMAN767x on June 22nd, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

so what time does the freakin add-on come i need to get a psn card and buy b4 most so i can own some Lv. 15 nubes

+ BigBangBear on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

Haven’t played Battlefield, but I have to say that I have really enjoyed MAG the few weeks I have had it. Been looking forward to this DLC since it was announced and now the double XP weekend. Would have liked it if it was also on the day of the DLC release, but it is still a nice incentive to get more people to play. The only problem I have is that I am playing this a bit too much and not a bunch of the other games I have sitting around.

Keep up the great work Zipper!

+ jholutiak216 on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

What the heck want new maps why not on psn yet.

+ xdeadstarx on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Uhh, they did actually change the weapon select, they reduced the time it takes to change weapons, I also have like 800 grenade kills..

+ xDMAN767x on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

i really wish they would extend the double xp im Lv.50 and need a shotgun

+ Elsa on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Is it not possible to sell DLC maps in a “package of DLC codes”?? This way I could buy the DLC for myself, but also for others in my clan who may not have a credit card or the current funds to buy the DLC.

IF PSN can’t offer a gifting type option, it seems that offering one time use, DLC codes in a pack of say 4 or 5 codes (at even a reduced price) would go a long way towards keeping player counts up in the game, rather than splitting clans and friends into the usual “have/have nots” which often spells the demise of a game.

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

If anyone has qyestions about MAG please visti Mag.com/forums the community over there is great and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have be blessed and see you on the battlfield.

+ xDMAN767x on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

if your raven type ” I ”

+ Orin on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

awesome guys. can’t wait to play it! it’s unfortunate though that I’ll only be able to play for a few days before I am gone for a week :( I’ll miss the double XP weekend! :(

Oh well. Also, isn’t 1 and 6 good for Zipper staff? :P ;)

+ Gis4Grundy on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Jeremy Dunham PLEASE HELP ME….ever since 1.06 update my name displays as some crazy letter number combo ive called sony looked for a way 2 contact zipper ive seen u respond 2 comments b4…..ive had MAG since day 1 veterned 3 times wit a bunch of medals PLEASE FIX MY NAME DISPLAY

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on June 22nd, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Drop be a private line on the official MAG forums — http://forums.mag.com

Send me all the details from there and we’ll see what’s up

+ PushinNshovinMe on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

Oh I REMEMBER 989, they made terrible games and nearly destroyed the Twisted Metal franchise, they DID destroy the Jet Moto series, among other failures.

+ SgtBrown5 on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

June 22, 2010

2:27 central

Where the HELL is the Interdiction DLC on PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ncfoxriver on June 22nd, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

Will PSN+ incorporate discount/free DLC for MAG?

+ Hobartbob on June 22nd, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Just got home from work. Where’s te DLC!!!!! MAG FTW!!!!!

+ CapinChronic on June 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for this since you guys first announced it and I can’t wait to play it, This game has so much more depth than any other FPS like BFBC:2 AND 12 players on a PS3 pppft! Please!! @DJ_DTM don’t you have some trolling to do elsewhere??? really if you like that laggfest so much why arent you playing it right now?? I’ll stick with my 256 player awesomeness thank you. oh and Zipper I would love to see all 3 factions going at it in one big king of the hill match that would be badass!!

+ bullyboutya on June 22nd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Thanks MR. Smash that’s another reason why I like Zipper CUSTOMER SERVICE is outstanding!!! My dream job is to be a tester been playing video games since 1980. Thanks for the information I will keep an eye out.

+ ThanatosDMC on June 22nd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Look at the haters that has never touched MAG. Anyway, it’s really hard to go back to other competitive FPS games after MAG. BC2 seems so empty now… the sad thing is “Battlefield” is on the title and it’s never seen as much action as what can be found in MAG.

PAGE 1 2 3