PS4-The Order

DC Comics Now Available on the PlayStation Network for PSP!

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jun 23, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

DC Comics Now Available on the PlayStation Network for PSP

As some of you may have heard, we’ve announced that DC Comics is now available through the PlayStation Network digital comics service for PSP (PlayStation Portable). Starting today, you can access DC Comic titles on PlayStation Store, directly on the PSP or via Media Go on your PC. We continue to evolve our content library on PlayStation Network and with DC Comics we now have some of the comic book world’s most iconic characters to add to our robust comic repertoire.

You’ll now have access to an initial selection of over 80 DC titles that can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store including Batman: Hush, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Fables: Legends in Exile and Planetary: All Over the World and Other Stories. In addition to these launch titles, users will get exclusive DC Comics content such as Superman/Batman, Resistance, Free Realms and God of War. Lastly, we’ve also released a free 10 page story today of Superman 700, as well as free downloads of Bayou, Fringe, Mirror’s Edge, and Resistance. We will keep adding to the collection you can already enjoy today anywhere you are — over 1600 classic and new comics.

Using the PSP’s Autoflow Viewer, you can enjoy the comics frame by frame, zooming in and out, all at the touch of a button, making your comics look as good as they do in real life. This is available for all PSP models and is simple to use: just download the latest firmware (6.20) and select the “Digital Comics” icon under the “Extras” column on PSP’s XMB menu.

Be sure to check out the “free comics” category in the PlayStation Store, for a selection of comics that you can download for free. You’ll also find a great variety of titles from our partners at Marvel, IDW Publishing, Disney and more.

Enjoy superheroes across the game store, video store and comic store — when it comes to digital comics, this is the place to be! Stay tuned for more and more titles and, in the meantime, keep checking out what’s new in the PlayStation Store!

Head to www.playstationcomics.com for more information.

PAGE 1 2

+ WallyBee on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

Is this also for the Netherlands ?

+ Francision69 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

Yay! DC is finally on the comic store!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Yes! The comics store will be published at around 9:00 AM (Pacific time). Check back soon!

+ OnesOwnGrief on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:12 am said:

Great news and a Reader update. Now I can get some Batman and possibly GoW. Will you all be trying to get current series onto Comic Books store such as the latest series Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne?

+ adolson on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:14 am said:

Sweet! Another 12-18 months and I will check this out, when it launches in Canada.

+ fpsfan548 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:15 am said:

i kinda wish this was avalable on the ps3

+ soundandvision77 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

This is great, but you really need to provide the service in Canada. Now that the video store is coming, can we expect to see the Comic store in Canada too? The PSP service looks really cool and may actually restore my interest in comics!

+ F-minus on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

Hmm… this doesn’t tickle my fancy particularly, since ive never really got into comic stuff… But its nice to hear that Sony is taking care of there comic loving folks!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

You can try out some of the free comics we have… it’s an easy way to see the features of the digital reader on the PSP.

+ Yayanator117 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

Wasn’t this already something we could already do or was it just for the psp go? I feel confused lol

+ remanutd5 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

hey Grace or Ro are we going to see kratos on the comic service one day ? i saw in one qore episode that there was a god of war digital comic coming to the system i think , anyways guys have you thought about bringing trophies , ability to send / receive messages from our psn friends , play online with them . i hope you take those features into consideration and try to add them if its possible to the little system , psp GO has brought me back to handheld gaming but im used to online play on my ps3 now and i have quite a few structure online multiplayer psp games ( Motorstorm Arctic Edge , ModNation Racers , Resistance Retribution , Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 and others ) please take it into consideration if its possible add those functions , imagine being able to talk to my psn friends through my psp

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

There indeed is a God of War issue to be available later today.

+ DarkHawk2099 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:25 am said:

Really wish the comic reader was for the PS3 as well.

+ NoobianGod on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:30 am said:

I haven’t seen this yet, but will there be intentions of including the graphic novels for Marvel or DC? I know if the DC graphic Novel for Batman’s – “The Long Halloween” or “Batman: Year One” would be GREAT buys!

If anyone is updating I’d love to see a response to this!

Thanks for the update!

+ Gaucho21 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:37 am said:

“Really wish the comic reader was for the PS3 as well.”

– DarkHawk2099

Ditto.

+ Dex_DarkDefender on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:39 am said:

OMG OMG OMG !!!! wait up? just for the psp!!! *storms out of the room*

+ gamemasta123 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

where the f is shonen jump that stuf is awesomessss

+ Wilsonvolley on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:00 am said:

Fantastic news! I can’t wait till all-star Superman is available on the store.

+ OnesOwnGrief on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

They just added Left to Right reading so thats a strong sign that they are trying to at least get some manga onto the PSN store. As for this being on PS3, I’d pass on that as this would leave me not having much reason to keep my PSP. Also for those who haven’t figured it out, this was never PSPgo exclusive, just PSP exclusive.

+ gdogg666 on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

hell yes hell yes hell yes kick*** sony :D

+ The1stMJC on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

Stop trying to get in my wallet I can barely keep up with all the stuff pre DC. Now with DC my poor wallet…

+ goose_7 on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

great that DC is coming out to the PSN Store but you guys are so slows releasing comics out on the store. I mean what stops me from reading certain comics on the store only to find out the story arc hasn’t been fully released so i can’t finish what i started. Since you guys are so slow rolling out comics on the PSN Store that it makes it difficult to invest in comics on the store. Also your psp comic book reader should be made to support CBR, CBZ, and PDF files.

+ Onvertic on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

Thanks for the DC comics guys!

+ BigBangBear on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Love that DC has been added since they are mostly what I read these days and I don’t need/want to have the floppy of them all for long term keeping.

Now I just desperately want this to be available in Canada. Hopefully they can get around the language issue (needing English and French; if this is the hold up) some time before the end of the year. The E3 announcement of video coming to Canada was possibly the best one for me and gives me hope comics might be added in the near future.

+ Chuckbait on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

Could we please get some new Dual Shock III controller colors? Purple, or Green, or that blue that you have in the picture there would be great choices. Considering that you have so many different psp colors, wouldn’t it only be natural to offer more colors for the ps3 controller?

+ Jrod87 on June 23rd, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

Omg thank you Grace! Finally!

+ RoecraticA on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

cool. but now?

+ KainDrake on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

finally!! ^_^ what took you?
now all we need are the metal gear and silen hill comics from idw :)

+ gdogg666 on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

gow comics woohoo hell yea

+ Dracorius on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

Gasp! Are you guys hinting at more PSP colors???

+ FJ1100_rider on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

since Canada is finally getting the video store are we going to get comics eventually too , and are there any plans to make comics available on ps3 as well like you did with minis ?
you’re missing a huge market to the north , we love comics as much as anybody .

+ PullusPardusUS on June 23rd, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

does this include Vertigo comics such as the sandman (and spin offs) ?? if it did i’ll buy it in a heart beat , even though i own the comics.

+ artform-fazeone on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

Wow! Grace Chen.. The Green Lantern: Rebirth is a good one.. This is a wicked update.. a 11 out of 10.. THE FAZEONES LOUNGE

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

Nice, finally and God of War too? Hopefully more Sony and videogame IPs to get comic releases like Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, infamous, etc

+ Craiji on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

I promised you Sony, the moment I get home my PSN wallet shall be spent

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Also I’d love Motion Comics to be made available, I know there’s some on the video side, but those are awesome.

+ MainEv3nt_69 on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

when is the comic store coming to Canada?

+ John_Oval on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

I would really like to see this content come to Canada, I mean it took forever for us to get the video store, but we are finally getting it…so come on! We cant give you our money for comics unless you let us

+ John_Oval on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

Also btw, If that PSP color was real, I would get that in an instant!

+ DaMann22 on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

THANK YOU!!! Finally some DC love which as soon as I get my next paycheck ill check out where my cape-crusader is on Hush (not familiar with that series). But thanks a lot. Now just need to delete comics, oh wait you already did. Well nvm. Keep up the great work.

+ OnesOwnGrief on June 23rd, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

<.< Looks like my question got totally sidestepped. Its third on the list for Christ sake… I have no problem with back issues but the fact that comic stores have declined and people typically have to put in some distance to reach them I would like to see newer series being release over PSN. That way I can at least be up-to-date with my favorite heroes.

+ emiru69 on June 23rd, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

yes, yes, YES!!!! I was waiting for this!! Are guys going to put some kind of completely sagas on a bundle or something? That will be great!! Thanks either way and good luck.

+ nino1911 on June 23rd, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

hey how do you delete comics

+ CoreWuzHere on June 23rd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

This is cool. Now I finally get to check out some DC comics.

+ dj128 on June 23rd, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

I am glad you add God of War to the comic service

+ npro681 on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

I love you guys. Thanks for the Fringe comics. Its just pure awesomeness.

I hope someday that we can have bundles of the comics. I’d love to be able to buy the whole set of fringe comics cheaper than I would pay for the individual issues.

Are we going to get the next part of the fringe comic series that is coming out later this summer?

+ Sakimori_X on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

DC on PSP? YESSSS!!!

+ wanderer55 on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Looks like I am actaully going to get some comics on PSN. I might keep a eye on some Batman comics. And I didn’t know there was a Mirror’s Edge comic.0_0

+ Mosh_Pit on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

Is this available for Canada?

+ jimmyfoxhound on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

I WANT THAT BLUE PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ WWESuperstar on June 23rd, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Yeah, that PSP is hot

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on June 23rd, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Is a Canadian version of the service in the works? And where can I get that blue PSP? I just sold my black 2000 and bought lilac 3000, but I would love that blue one.

+ zooKreature on June 23rd, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Is the psp comic reader the same as comiXology on iPhones? Or same developers?
I ask because I just got an email saying that DC is now on that reader, so I check the blog and psp also announced DC. And every week they both have very similar if not the same new comics released and same comics for free… Anyone else find this interesting?

PAGE 1 2