PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet 2: The E3 2010 Recap

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Jun 23, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3

Whew! Last week’s E3 was a crazy one for Sackboy, and now that we’re all back and recovered, we thought a recap of all things LittleBigPlanet 2 would be a good way to get back into the swing of things.

@ the press conference

With a bit of time dedicated to LittleBigPlanet 2 at our Sony Press Conference, our own Alex Evans jumped on stage to show off LittleBigPlanet 2 and unveiling the game and the potential of the new create tools to provide a true platform for games. If you missed it, click on over to our E3 2010 press conference video (jump to the 11:49 minute mark).

On the internetz

Once the press conference was done, it was non-stop interviews and behind-closed-door presentations and the result spilled over to lots of ooooo’s and ahhhh’s, combined with a few laughs. Here’s a quick list of interviews you won’t want to miss.

Lost in the E3 storm…

With all the E3 festivities, going on, you may have missed some of the other cool things LittleBigPlanet 2 was a part of:

Any FAQuestions?

Now that the dust has settled, and with so many new features and so many different interviews, we’re sure you have more questions of your own! Comment below and we’ll start prepping another round of LittleBigPlanet 2 FAQs and get some answers back to you.

42 Comments   1 Reply

+ DZORMAGEN on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

When can we expect more Disney related costumes? And what happened to all the costumes you guys announce E3 2009?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on June 24th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Hey guys.

Sorry I wasn’t able to jump in and comment yesterday, but tons of good questions below. Keep em coming and we’ll try to get solid answers for you on the next FAQ.

Thanks.

+ footballrule on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Is there going to be a LBP2 Beta? — I’m really excited about this game, can’t wait! :D

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Are the PLAY platform controls tweaked? That was my main complaint in the first game, I know many people thought the same, the controls felt floaty, the LBP PSP game had much better controls in that aspect. Please answer.

+ SpyDudeFX on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Hopefully there’s a Plus exclusive LBP2 beta soon. I would like to see steelbook collector’s edition, awesome pre-order incentives, and PS Home unlockables.

+ Zezzler on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

You guys KILLED the competition! The sony conference was soooo awesome, and all the input you guys added, just made it that much better! cannot wait for holiday season 2010 ;)

+ evilninja02 on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

When is Patapon 3 going to be on the playstation store??? plz reply

+ darthlego on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

Will we still be able to win a crown in LBP2?

+ aschx on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

Just curious.. any chance we can get som PS Plus exclusives for LBP2? :D

+ TechnoKE on June 23rd, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

Didn’t like the E3 footage at all thought it bland.

Even so cannot wait for this game :).

+ emjayx on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

Questions:
1. Will there be a special option so that when Person A copies a level from Person B, A cannot republish B’s level?
2. Are we able to create levels with water/paintinator in LBP2 even though we DIDNT purchase those for LBP1?
3. Are we able to get ‘updates’ on other people/friends? Such as: new levels by friends, hearted levels, hearted authors, etc.
4. What will you guys do to prevent H4H?!
5. Any chance of YouTube support?
6. Are you guys doing a beta? When can we expect it?
7. For 2+ players on the same PS3, will there be support for multiple PSN IDs?

+ WHoiZDiB on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

Will LBP2 still be on schedule for winter 2010?

+ cybershinigami87 on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Can we adjust the physics? I know that we can adjust the gravity but I want to recreate classic platformer jumping.

+ Seriento on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

Will LBP2 have Playstation Move support? If yes then what should we expect?

+ jh6269 on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Will there be any sweet pre-order bonuses announced? I have my copy pre-ordered at Amazon :) Can’t wait!

+ AuRoN89 on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

What about the water?

We want a dinamic water emitter and not the whole level emitter like LBP 1

+ ixnine on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

Awesome heads up on LBP2, thanks! I’ll be looking forward to this game all year.

The music in LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet PSP is pretty awesome, there are various artists in the music credits for both games. Any idea on when we can expect an artist/track list for LittleBigPlanet 2? I’m interested in who will be contributing music this time around along with Passion Pit.

+ D-Squad3 on June 23rd, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

Can you make the water as an actual object as well? Because currently it’s not possible to put water into something like a container or a cup etc.

Also can you guys please add the “ICE” hazard that was removed from LittleBigPlanet 1?!!

+ Vabor on June 23rd, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

What happened to the Marvel costumes? Where’s IronSackBoyMan??

+ Carl-G on June 23rd, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

I can’t wait to get hold of LBP2! ! ! :P

+ KIT-_-KAT on June 23rd, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

this is for sure buy for me!!!

+ wolfzero1 on June 23rd, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

any chance for some more packs based on movies or TV shows?

+ darthlego on June 23rd, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

When will Sack-It-To-Me or whatever it is called now be back?

+ xxJORDISxx on June 23rd, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

first off wheres sephiroth costume for LBP?
2. LBP 2 will you add lava or weather effects? (like rain, thunder, snow, hail all that good stuff) that will be cool
3. Will there be a limited edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. LBP 2 will jumping be improved? please i hope so

+ Budapesti on June 23rd, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

I got to play a couple of the LBP2 mini-levels (the one with the Creatornator missile launcher, and the one with the grappling hook) and I really cannot wait for this.
You just know for certain that the community will embrace this game and, within a week, there’s going to amazing stuff online that even Mm didn’t imagine was possible.
And those Sackboy backpacks that the Sony staff were wearing need to be made available to the general public! I really wanted them to be on sale at E3, but the cool little Modnation ‘Tag’ figure I got from the Modnation booth softened the blow a little!

+ remanutd5 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

yeap , i got to play it at E3 , you just know that it will be a success just like Little Big Planet is , i cant wait to play all the community levels this time around , no offense MM but you created LBP but the community took it to the next level lol

+ GLiTcH2 on June 23rd, 2010 at 6:48 pm said:

Will there be a LittleBigPlanet2 Beta? I was not lucky enough to get into the water beta :( so I would love a chance at LBP2 Beta!!!

+ MAAZTER on June 23rd, 2010 at 11:58 pm said:

So I believe I heard that LBP2 was move compatible and I was wondering if so whether for those who don’t have move would they missing out on some major game features? Related is if there is Move compatibility what would be used for.

Another question i have is about how much space would the game take such as the save files and profiles?

Also is there anyway to prevent getting community items because sometimes in LBP i would jump into a level and the creater would spam the player prize bubbles of items i don’t wan’t and it’s a hassle to go and delete them individually. So i was wondering if they were going to look at that and change how items are shared?

Also final question how awesome will this game be?

+ zekececil14 on June 24th, 2010 at 12:29 am said:

Is there any way we could get the astronaut costume from LittleBigPlanet 1? Maybe if we pre-order LittleBigPlanet 2?

+ zekececil14 on June 24th, 2010 at 12:40 am said:

You guys at MM are awesome! Thank you for this AWESOME game, just the thought of SackBoy makes me laugh! Have you guys ever considered making another game, like an Adventure game, or a Racing game?(yes i know these can be created in LBP 2)

+ D-Squad3 on June 24th, 2010 at 2:31 am said:

1. Can you guys make a LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition? One that comes with a Sackboy and other stuff?
2. Will there be tutorials for all of the new tools? Because when I play LBP online and see those amazing levels, I kinda get heart broken when I can’t make any levels with the same type of caliber, I can picture awesome things in my head but I just can’t put in the game.
3. ICE HAZARD.
4. Make water as an object.
5. Can we make Sackboy kick?
6. Are you guys gonna put the actions that you can do with Sackboy in the PSP version using the D-Pad?
7. After the release of LBP2, will it continue to update the LBP1 levels or will it only bring over what was made before it comes out?
8. Are you guys gonna have any magnet material? For example make a car with magnet wheels so you can drive up walls.
9. Will the camera support slow motion? For example if you jump off a big ramp with a car, you can make that part in slow mo for a dramatic look.
10. Last question, can you guys hire me to do anything for Media Molecule? It could be anything like making a comic for LittleBigPlanet! lol only in my dreams right?

+ Brandon_2535 on June 24th, 2010 at 5:03 am said:

LittleBigPlanet 2 = Instant Game of the Year!

+ comphermc on June 24th, 2010 at 5:50 am said:

LittleBigPlanet Central thanks you for the mention! It was a pleasure meeting you, Mark.

+ F-minus on June 24th, 2010 at 5:59 am said:

@ 30 D-Squad3

YOUR HIRED!!! your pay= Self Pride

question# 7… i think has been answered, old LBP items will be in LBP2, but not glitched items, also i beleave you can update old LBP levels you made to include LBP2 features, or keep the OLD LBP1 feel.

+ Seriento on June 24th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

Will LBP2 support 3D?

+ D-Squad3 on June 24th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

@33

I mean once LBP2 is released but you still play LBP1, what if you upload a level, will that also upload to LBP2?

+ spazski on June 24th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

Any possibility of a costume download section, much like modnation’s mod download service? There were so many costume levels in LBP it would be nice if we could just download user created costumes. Hope this makes it in the FAQ!

+ veagor on June 25th, 2010 at 2:19 am said:

Haven’t read through all the comments so this may have been a question already asked, but is there still a level thermometer?

+ pAmbAm on June 30th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

Will we have all our stuff from the first little big planet i dont mean dlc but the stuff from story mode that we got because i want to keep my army man costume and the neon costume form story mode not dlc ive been wondering about this question since i heard about lbp2 and all i found out was we get the dlc.

+ pAmbAm on June 30th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Also will we still have a pod or will we have better.

+ julian696 on July 6th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

if u buy a DLC from LBP1 will it be accessible in LBP2

+ frogman321 on July 13th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

ok my ps3 got the YLOD so i lost all my game data including lbp so my question is are all the objects and costumes from lbp’s story mode included in lbp2 or do i have to go get them all again to get them in lbp2 or are they just gone for ever :( if you respond send it to me in a message cuz i probably wont remember to come back and check.

+ Jaxsonator1999 on July 21st, 2010 at 11:57 am said: