The Last Guardian

Jun 24

Jun 24

Hands-on with Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Namco Bandai‘s upcoming PlayStation Move shooter will include three full games on one Blu-ray disc. The centerpiece, of course, being Time Crisis: Razing Storm, the newest and most sophisticated game in the Time Crisis shooter series.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm includes a fast-paced “on rails” Arcade mode that enables one player – or two, in same-screen co-op play – to blast hordes of terrorists, soldiers, and sci-fi battle mechs. In the Arcade mode, it’s all about unloading heavy firepower at anything and everything in your way: you aim by pointing the Move, shoot by pulling the trigger, and reload behind a protective riot shield by pressing and holding the Move button with your thumb. The PlayStation Move controls felt precise and responsive. But if you’re a poor marksman, or saddled with a novice co-op partner, fear not: the Arcade mode mercifully includes unlimited continues.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation MoveTime Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move

The Arcade mode has you mowing down hordes of enemy combatants, and supports two-player, same-screen co-op.

Razing Storm’s Arcade mode is fast, frantic fun, but Namco Bandai is also adding a beefy new Story mode to this PS3 version. The Story mode differs in its control scheme, playing more like a full-fledged FPS. You aim with the PlayStation Move and maneuver using the Navigation Controller – holding a DualShock 3 or Sixaxis in your left hand works just fine, as well. By dropping the “on-rails” approach of the Arcade mode, the Story mode opens up more flexible gameplay possibilities: you can take cover by pointing the Move upwards, and cook off a grenade’s fuse to trigger an airburst explosion. The Story mode’s advanced control scheme plays into Razing Storm’s online PSN multiplayer, too, which will support up to eight players in a competitive deathmatch-style setting.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 (Story mode)

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 (Story mode)Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 (Story mode)

The new Story mode allows you to control your character’s movements with a Navigation Controller or DualShock 3.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm will also ship with two bonus games: the full arcade version of Time Crisis 4, as well as a new arcade lightgun title called DeadStorm Pirates. Both titles are fully compatible with PlayStation Move, and much like Razing Storm’s Arcade mode, look to be ideal for two-player party sessions.

Deadstorm Pirates for PS3 and PlayStation Move (bonus mode in Time Crisis: Razing Storm)Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move (Time Crisis 4 bonus mode)

The full arcade version of DeadStorm Pirates (left) and Time Crisis 4 are included as bonus games with Razing Storm.

In addition to the central PlayStation Move and Navigation Controller support, Time Crisis: Razing Storm supports the GunCon 3, the peripheral that shipped with the PS3 version of Time Crisis 4. You’ll also be able to toss your PlayStation Move into the upcoming “Shooting Attachment.”

What do you think of Time Crisis: Razing Storm’s multiple play modes and bonus arcade games? Sound off with any comments or questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Edd said:

June 24th, 1:39 pm

Day one buy sounds awesome, cannot wait for Move, I’ll be picking up Socom 4 and The Fight as well :)

KazeEternal said:

June 24th, 1:42 pm

Will their be GunCon support for these as well?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:40 pm

Yessir, GunCon 3. Ka-blammo!

The1stMJC said:

June 24th, 1:42 pm

bundle with Move and I might buy Move

LeoMindfreak08 said:

June 24th, 1:43 pm

Nice Support for this game, make it more interesting…

Mosh_Pit said:

June 24th, 1:43 pm

“got you’re ice cream cone ready?” Yeah let’s go!!

scorpio182 said:

June 24th, 1:44 pm

Yes, i think the is a great idea. Move and this game sounds like fun!!!!!

The1stMJC said:

June 24th, 1:44 pm

@2
Read Everything in The Post

angelcoma said:

June 24th, 1:45 pm

I WANT THIS!!!

SEGA: Bring your light gun games, PLEASE! House of the Dead, Virtua Cop etc.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:41 pm

I agree with this comment (^_^) And if you want to go really old-school, T2…

KazeEternal said:

June 24th, 1:45 pm

NM I need to learn to read apparently lol.

reson8er said:

June 24th, 1:46 pm

I miss the days of light gun games, which is ironic, since when they were in their heyday (PS1 era) I all but ignored them.

Will get this, most assuredly.

YeWest_is_da_man said:

June 24th, 1:50 pm

It looks kinda cheesy just holding this glowing cylinder and pointing it towards the t.v. like it’s a gun. To be fair, this whole commercial was meant to be cheesy, and of course nobody ever said waving a glowing techno stick around was going to look appealing… I’m still going to get this, but I was kinda expecting to see them using the “shooting attachment” I had heard about… it’d at least make it seem a little better- plus allow us to see if the extra attachment was really worth getting.

Alas, this is about the game, and the fact that you get 3 games in one was already a sell on top of the fact that this is something that I know the Move will excel in… but after seeing how intense and action packed just “Razing Storm” was… it’s even more locked up of a purchase than before… if that was even possible…

Way to go guys! Making me more and more excited for the Move!!!

lilshawn2012 said:

June 24th, 1:51 pm

will it have in game custom soundtrack, home support such as gamelaunching (as a party not featured) and can u bundle this with move

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:42 pm

The first two I don’t know; nothing’s in the cards for the third question. You can hit up Namco Bandai on Twitter at @namcobandai and ask them!

blacK_jack1 said:

June 24th, 1:52 pm

looks intense !

II-KiLLER-ll said:

June 24th, 1:55 pm

I was already sold on the Move, But this makes me want it even more!

clupula668 said:

June 24th, 1:58 pm

I am sure this is probably not your department, but since you are Namco, I might as well wonder why Tales of Vesperia for PS3 has not been localized. It’s not like it doesn’t have a fanbase. Look at any RPG thread. It gets brought up multiple times. Anyway, just saying…

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:43 pm

We are not Namco :-) I’m Sid, I write for the Blog.

ynp7 said:

June 24th, 2:00 pm

If you’re using the ‘upcoming “Shooting Attachment”‘ with Move will you actually be able to sight down the barrel like you can with a lightgun or is this going to be more of the really working right kind of thing we see on Wii?

ManaKnight said:

June 24th, 2:00 pm

I’m really excited about this game. I loved playing it in the arcade whenever I went to Dave & Busters. I also own a Guncon3 from TC4. Definitely my most wanted Move game. I plan to buy two moves and two light gun attachments just for this game.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:43 pm

Ah, Dave & Busters…how I miss thee

Callahan09 said:

June 24th, 2:01 pm

Why isn’t this available to pre-order yet? It’s my most-wanted launch title for Move. Already pre-ordered 2 remotes, 1 nav controller, Sports Champions, and Kung-Fu Riders. Now I just need to pre-order this and I’ll be set for the 19th. Also, can you guys talk to Amazon.com about doing some release-date delivery on the Move stuff? I’ve pre-ordered through them, but as of right now they don’t have release-date delivery. I’d really love it if I could order through them AND get my stuff on the day one!

nino1911 said:

June 24th, 2:05 pm

is thi8s game gonna be 60 dollars or 40 dollars

lordyo said:

June 24th, 2:05 pm

Looks great. Thanks! I have been waiting for a new light gun game – feel like I was the only one that bought Time Crisis 4… Also, please suggest to whoever to bring back the Point Blank series.

Callahan09 said:

June 24th, 2:06 pm

Oh! Another question: Do you guys have some information on the trophies? Is it going to be like God of War Collection, where each of the 3 games on the disc is it’s own title that you choose at launch of the disc, and each having its own trophy list with 3 total platinums, or is it just 1 game that allows you access to all 3 games worth of content from a single menu, and one list of trophies with 1 platinum? Are there going to be trophies for the Time Crisis 4 content?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:44 pm

Good question, I’d hit up @NamcoBandai on Twitter and see what they say.

RagingRaven874 said:

June 24th, 2:06 pm

all i want is a re-release of the first 3 games there by far the best light gun games ever made

narwhalSTAB said:

June 24th, 2:07 pm

This and Kung Fu Riders will be my first Move games. Hope to hear a solid release date for this game soon.

spatsnaz said:

June 24th, 2:08 pm

That looks so awesome. It’s been too long since I played a proper shooter like this. :P

Dracorius said:

June 24th, 2:08 pm

You can tell, Namco loves their extremely cheesy commericials. That one commercial for their strange muscle Wii game was classic. This Time Crisis will be a good party.

v1lla21 said:

June 24th, 2:09 pm

yesss cant wait for the game. i just need to pre order. one question
is the gun attachment coming with the game or sold separately?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:45 pm

The Shooting Attachment is a separate peripheral, doesn’t come with the game.

mikedo2007 said:

June 24th, 2:12 pm

Quick question, Time Crisis 4 didn’t had trophy when it first came out on PS3. Because this game is getting rerelease with Razing Storm and nowa lot of game now has trophy support? Will this version of Time Crisis 4 now have PSN trophy support?

DTXSFC said:

June 24th, 2:14 pm

Now that is what I wanted to hear! At least now people know your not forced to buy another gadget but instead use the one you have already purchased (GunCon 3).

Gitaroo said:

June 24th, 2:17 pm

please do a move bundle……….

muyrapido said:

June 24th, 2:20 pm

I’m moving my coffee table out of the way right now.

BoogiedownBx said:

June 24th, 2:23 pm

so if i wanna play with my family, i gotta waist 100 plus dollars for two move controller. and that doesn’t include the game? thanx sony but no thanx…
\

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:45 pm

You’d still be able to play Sports Champions :-)

TheGuardianFID said:

June 24th, 2:30 pm

It looks great guys, I’m sold!!! 8)

Mobius_124 said:

June 24th, 2:31 pm

does the Move vibrate when you shoot in Time Crisis?

omracer said:

June 24th, 2:38 pm

well this looks enticing and all but as a classic namco bandai i have a feel of dissapointment. they could do a release of the first three games of the Time Crisis series.
And theres one classic namco bandai lightgun series that was ideal for parties that could make great use of PS move, of course i’m talking about… POINT BLANK (Gun Bullet) . Dr Don and Dr Dan would love to get their hands on Move but might never happen. one day i might not have a tv that can play the classic ps1 versions so think about a remake

Hellman said:

June 24th, 2:44 pm

How much will this game cost?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 24th, 2:46 pm

No clue on pricing details, I’d keep an eye on online retailers a little closer to the game’s Fall release date.

manta005 said:

June 24th, 2:48 pm

One question, does the PS Move have vibrate function?

Jeigh said:

June 24th, 2:52 pm

Three games in ONE!? That’s AWESOME-JAWSOME!

But seriously, that’s pretty damn cool. Certainly makes for strong justification to purchase it. I’m actually really liking how developers are starting to pack multiple games into one package. Win-win!

sefjwm said:

June 24th, 2:59 pm

Finally another use for my GunCon 3’s. I’ve got 2 of each GunCon iteration so it’s nice to see I didn’t blow my money buying 2 copies of TC4 in order to get this newest one. Bring on the Sega shooters, Point Blank, Warzoid, Area 51 etc etc! I hope all the Move rail shooters will support the GunCons. I really want more GunCon games.

ThePerfectMurder said:

June 24th, 3:12 pm

Always loved TC. One of the reasons I will get Move.

Mobius_124 said:

June 24th, 3:20 pm

LOL, thanks sid. adding vibration to the move along with the gun attachment for this game, makes it a buy for me.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

June 24th, 3:34 pm

The video would be a lot better and immersive looking if they showed it with the gun attachment.

Istyle318 said:

June 24th, 3:36 pm

I SAW A RED GUN ON EITHER BESTBUY.COM OR GAMESTOP.COM OR BOTH. PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS GUN WILL WORK ME AND MY WIFE ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT THE GAME PLEASE TELL ME THIS GAME RELEASE THE SAME DAY MOVE RELEASE SO I CAN PUT IN FOR MY VACATION

sorry for the caps i’m so %$#$#$@$ excited.

Reload Re Re Reload LOL i miss that sound

SarshelYam said:

June 24th, 3:38 pm

Sold for Deadstorm Pirates alone!!

Daz_Genetic said:

June 24th, 3:45 pm

Really, really happy to hear that the Guncon3 is supported. Bought a second one used from gamestop for 2-player goodness. Glad to hear more games are coming. The mini-games in Time-Crisis 4 are the only thing that holds my interest any more.

flyness163 said:

June 24th, 3:57 pm

Nice, Love Time Crisis, 3 game in 1, 8 player online, Move Support, just makes it much sweeter.

Next we need Konami bring over Police 911. Ask them on twitter for us Sid ;)

PuppetShoJustice said:

June 24th, 4:17 pm

At least now I know how stupid I’ll look holding a Move controller and using it as a gun.

Do not want.

RatchetH82 said:

June 24th, 4:41 pm

I, for one, can not wait for Playstation Move. First Socom 4, Killzone 3, Sorcery, the list of Move games, and now Time Crisis. This title looks fantastic, as I like multiple games being shipped on one disc. Seeing a fall release, there’s nothing more definitive as far as when to expect Time Crisis to hit shelves?

tigown said:

June 24th, 4:46 pm

I’m not gonna lie, I already have a Wii, but I just might have to pick this up, along with Sorcery, and Socom for PlayStation Move.

wizardmode said:

June 24th, 4:49 pm

Question is, will the Move gun be as accurate as the old CRT guns? I did not like TC4 when I tried it… it seemed like it was not as accurate, and to compensate the “splash” was huge in comparison to TC1-TC3.

If the accuracy of the Move shooters is as good as the good old days, I’ll buy in… bigtime.

+1 for Police 911. That game was awesome.

JumpMan33 said:

June 24th, 5:01 pm

I’m sold on Move, first Echochrome II and now Time Crisis.

PAGE 1 2