PS4-The Order

Hands-on with Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jun 24, 2010 // Social Media Manager

Namco Bandai‘s upcoming PlayStation Move shooter will include three full games on one Blu-ray disc. The centerpiece, of course, being Time Crisis: Razing Storm, the newest and most sophisticated game in the Time Crisis shooter series.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm includes a fast-paced “on rails” Arcade mode that enables one player – or two, in same-screen co-op play – to blast hordes of terrorists, soldiers, and sci-fi battle mechs. In the Arcade mode, it’s all about unloading heavy firepower at anything and everything in your way: you aim by pointing the Move, shoot by pulling the trigger, and reload behind a protective riot shield by pressing and holding the Move button with your thumb. The PlayStation Move controls felt precise and responsive. But if you’re a poor marksman, or saddled with a novice co-op partner, fear not: the Arcade mode mercifully includes unlimited continues.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation MoveTime Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move

The Arcade mode has you mowing down hordes of enemy combatants, and supports two-player, same-screen co-op.

Razing Storm’s Arcade mode is fast, frantic fun, but Namco Bandai is also adding a beefy new Story mode to this PS3 version. The Story mode differs in its control scheme, playing more like a full-fledged FPS. You aim with the PlayStation Move and maneuver using the Navigation Controller – holding a DualShock 3 or Sixaxis in your left hand works just fine, as well. By dropping the “on-rails” approach of the Arcade mode, the Story mode opens up more flexible gameplay possibilities: you can take cover by pointing the Move upwards, and cook off a grenade’s fuse to trigger an airburst explosion. The Story mode’s advanced control scheme plays into Razing Storm’s online PSN multiplayer, too, which will support up to eight players in a competitive deathmatch-style setting.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 (Story mode)

Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 (Story mode)Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 (Story mode)

The new Story mode allows you to control your character’s movements with a Navigation Controller or DualShock 3.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm will also ship with two bonus games: the full arcade version of Time Crisis 4, as well as a new arcade lightgun title called DeadStorm Pirates. Both titles are fully compatible with PlayStation Move, and much like Razing Storm’s Arcade mode, look to be ideal for two-player party sessions.

Deadstorm Pirates for PS3 and PlayStation Move (bonus mode in Time Crisis: Razing Storm)Time Crisis: Razing Storm for PS3 and PlayStation Move (Time Crisis 4 bonus mode)

The full arcade version of DeadStorm Pirates (left) and Time Crisis 4 are included as bonus games with Razing Storm.

In addition to the central PlayStation Move and Navigation Controller support, Time Crisis: Razing Storm supports the GunCon 3, the peripheral that shipped with the PS3 version of Time Crisis 4. You’ll also be able to toss your PlayStation Move into the upcoming “Shooting Attachment.”

What do you think of Time Crisis: Razing Storm’s multiple play modes and bonus arcade games? Sound off with any comments or questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them.

PAGE 1 2

+ Insomnia999 on June 24th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

So we can never move the character with two move controllers, Sid? It always has to be a rail shooter or a non-moving character? That stinks.

+ jncasanova on June 24th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

I really like that you keep supporting us who enjoy the Guncon3!!!

I hope you port all old Time Crisis and more Guncon games from ps1 and ps2 to ps3!!!!

+ LordRaoh on June 24th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

Thanks for the info Sid, this is awesome news.. i was on the fence about this game but i’m sold now..

If there is a chance to pass along comments/requests.. I would love to see a Ghostbusters Game With Playstation 3 Move Support..

not a patched version of the recent one released.. a move controller ghostbusters game (we promise not to cross the streams)

Again thanks for the time crisis news going to pre order it soon.

+ SPOOKULA209 on June 24th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

this actually looks pretty cool, keep this up and maybe more people will buy Move

+ dallow on June 24th, 2010 at 6:56 pm said:

This game is my reason to buy Move.

Well Played Namco/Sony.

+ VincentVendetta on June 24th, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

I’m sorry to ask, but is there a cover system in the game, like the pedal in the arcade?

+ KidCommando on June 24th, 2010 at 7:47 pm said:

3 full games on 1 shiny Blu-ray disk you say?

Here, take my money.

+ halowars7 on June 24th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Game looks awesome…any release date as of know?

+ nokedimyo on June 24th, 2010 at 8:12 pm said:

I’m glad that this is only including the arcade version of Time Crisis 4 so my previous purchase of Time Crisis 4 isn’t completely invalidated :)

+ Logical_Dolphin on June 24th, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

Does the Move shooting attachment allow for functions like the cover system and shooting auxiliary weapons (with separate buttons)?

+ Naths90 on June 24th, 2010 at 10:05 pm said:

Wow, very excited about this! The commercial is just terrible though! “Wow, this is so awesome!” Corniest ad I’ve seen in a long time!

+ BelieveMeUstink on June 24th, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

I’m feeling this

+ dracogaurd_g20 on June 24th, 2010 at 11:12 pm said:

can only the daulshock be used? or can the ORIGINAL sixaxis be used to? i have 2 of those and really dnt want to buy another

+ PirateHarlock on June 24th, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

Good to here guncon is an option. HOpefully it’ll be fully functional with guncon, if I’m forced to use move to play this game I’ll be giving it a pass. That style of control turns me off, its the reason I’m not a wii player.

+ arsemarbles on June 25th, 2010 at 4:26 am said:

This, along with Dead Space Extraction are the types of games that I will buy a Move for.

Please look into bringing more lightgun games to PS3! For example some ports of the Resident Evil lightgun games on the Wii, House of the Dead: Overkill, House of the Dead Collection, Ghost Squad etc.

+ CDubyahS on June 25th, 2010 at 4:56 am said:

kewl idea will sell gazillion move pripherals!

+ MarinoBrea on June 25th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

hahahaha that commercial was so cheesy, it looks 80s…I guess it gets the work done, hopefully the cost to produce that was also from the 80s lol…

+ Juiceid on June 25th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

I dont know whatever happened to the real ‘light gun’ games, where you were not just draging an aiming cursor around a screen, then pushing the button when said cursor goes over target. The curent generation of ‘light gun’ games is so dummied down and easy now they are almost not worth playing. I guess the days of actually ‘point and shoot’ will remain solely within the arcades and on my earlier systems.

+ SleezyMartinez on June 25th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

Please make it more then a 2 hour game this time.

+ station3fever on June 25th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Time crysis wow. I spent many many quarters at the arcade playing this game. Graphics look good back then & now look even sweeter ;)

+ SarshelYam on June 25th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

@69 They’ll catch you on a technicality considering it also included Time Crsis 4 and DeadStorm Pirates!

+ willboy12 on June 25th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

sweet cant wahate

+ Thrill_Kill on June 27th, 2010 at 5:47 am said:

I bought Time Crisis 4 with the new GunCon when it came out, and have been waiting for some new GunCon games since then. I am glad Namco has not forgotten about us, and a new Time Crisis is just what we needed! Thanks guys!

+ adrian1539 on July 12th, 2010 at 11:47 pm said:

VERY VERY EXCITED day 1 buy for me although does anyone know if a game comes with the move alone because i already have a ps eye. much appreciated!

+ bigmike127 on July 18th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

WOW really funny. I just went to jersy shore and on the board walk i played DeadStorm Pirates with my bro. i said it would be nice to get time crisis 4 and deadstrom lol

PAGE 1 2