LittleBigPlanet 3

Fatter Princess: Fat Roles DLC and Fourplay Party Feature with Patch 1.06

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jun 25, 2010 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

On Tuesday June 29, our favorite heiress to the throne will get a little added bulk thanks to our good friends at Atomic Operations, and we can’t wait for all you Fat Princess fans to check it out!

Fat Princess Fat Roles DLC (USD $4.99) unleashes Pirates, Ninjas and Giants (oh my!) into the world of Fat Princess. These three new character classes bring a whole new level of awesomeness to the frenzied 32-player battles alongside our beloved royal beauty.

Fat Princess "Fat Roles DLC" for PS3

After picking up the DLC, a new multi-class magic hat spawner will be activated in every level of Fat Princess. Pirates can call in cannon ball attacks, Ninjas can hide in the shadows to sneak through doors, and the all-mighty Giants can cause rumbling earthquakes and gain health by chomping on their enemies.

Fat Princess "Fat Roles DLC" for PS3

We’re also very happy to announce that Patch 1.06 activates the new Fat Princess Party feature!

Due to the overwhelming fan response, Patch1.06 delivers four-player same-console co-op for FREE to everyone who owns Fat Princess! Fans will be able to enjoy couch co-op in both online and offline games. Players will also be able to re-spawn at outposts, which adds a whole new level of co-op strategy to all gaming modes and levels.

And that’s not all. We’ve also included clan tags and password-protected games to make playing with your friends even more easy and fun.

And for those of you who have heard about the game, but have not yet sampled the cake…what are you waiting for? Go ahead and download the Full Fat Princess game on June 29 for just $14.99. It includes everything from the initial release updated all the way through Patch 1.06, so you get all of this great content (all original maps plus four recently released new maps, party feature, clan tags and loads of enhancements) in one fell swoop.

Stay tuned, see you all on the battlefield, and as always…

Cake for everyone,

The Fat Princess Team

PAGE 1 2

+ IrishPete333 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

Sounds cool, might be enough to get me to start playing this again.

+ Xulap on June 25th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Finally, co-op!

This sounds great. I’ll download the patch, and if me and my friends get hooked up with the new co-op mode, I’ll get the DLC.

+ tolo01 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

4 PLAYERS ON THE SAME PS3!!! Finally we can play something else than Resistance and MW2 when they come to my house…

+ Tr3p1dat10n on June 25th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Was this what you had the Fat Princess group in LA or whatever for?

+ Nammenlos on June 25th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

eh, im not payin $5 for more roles… theyre just kind of outrageous anyway

+ artofwar420 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

I’m down for more Fat Princess. Exciting.

+ thedonut on June 25th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

I might actually get this.

+ GT-420 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

I own this game, but sorry, I can’t stop playing Crash Commando instead of it. CC is soooo awesome, but doesn’t get nearly the love.

+ Grendolai on June 25th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

AWESOME!!!!!!! Best patch for a game…almost ever.

+ xKING-JOHNx on June 25th, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

Will this add-on become free with Playstation plus?! :D im really excited for Playstation plus!!!

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on June 28th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

We have some announcements coming soon about the Fat Roles DLC and PlayStation Plus, so check back here later today!

+ DarkOne_PR on June 25th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

AWEsOME! Ninjas FTW! :) and keep it up with the offline multiplayer modes guys PS3 need this kind of stuff to play with friends!

+ ynp7 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

No chance of private party chat within the game? The single open channel for everyone on a team is really lame. Or would be if anyone still played this.

xKING-JOHNx: Of course not, this is new and PS+ isn’t for new content.

+ ShadOforce on June 25th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

+ loadstone007 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Superb game! Thank you for making it!
What about new future projects? Count me in if you’ll release anything new!

+ amjr72 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

@Nammenlos eh… new classes – AND – 4 player couch coop!! sounds like a worthy add-on to me, added a whole new level of enjoyment.

+ Fluidshine on June 25th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

YES!! I’m SO EXCITED!! I’m glad there’s a firm release date now!

+ InFaMoUs1- on June 25th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

PLEASE SOMEONE AT ATOMIC OR SCEA READ THIS!!!

******************************************

For the love of this game PLEASE remove the orbs. I play with about 6 or 7 people and we’re tired of picking them up by mistake.

Bring back the kick feature, and switch teams feature. I play with a large group of people and it’s a pain to get people on one team together.

The host needs the kick feature, I’m tired of dealing with team killers and idiots who ruin games by sabotaging their own team. I also can’t deal with people who just leave their game on and don’t do anything. The kick feature was great for getting rid of people like this. Please bring it back!

This game lost alot of players after you took out these features. This is a team game but you guys have killed any sort of way for large groups to play with each other on one team.

I really hope you fix the game so my friends and I can get back on it without dealing with this crap. I’d love to buy the DLC but until this game brings back the team mentality it’s not worth playing with randoms and team killers.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on June 28th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

Thanks for your post. We really appreciate all the comments from the community, and do our best to take this feedback to heart. It’s the reason why we’ve offered new maps for free (to keep the community together) and now bringing same-screen co-op – the single most requested feature from fans – for free.

+ theman_714 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

i see Mr.T in Picture the 2nd picture LOL

+ lagoonalight on June 25th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Lower the price of the game or go to hell.

+ MGO_Count on June 25th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

Can you play online with the 4 player co-op?

+ Tinaray on June 25th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Thank you for finally bringing in local multiplayer. I had purchased this initially hoping that it would have that feature, but was sorely disappointed. This just made my day.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on June 28th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

And now you’ve made ours!

+ RichMitz on June 25th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Can’t wait for this update!

+ OpenWaterSwim on June 25th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

I’ll be there to support my Cookies!

+ Froh on June 25th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

All you people that claimed “I’m not gonna buy it if it’s not local multi-player” better put your money on the table. The devs heard your complaining and did their part…

+ tenshin78 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

$5 for 3 new classes???? co-op same screen??? ben waiting for this since day one I purchased this game! Totally going to have this DLC!!!

+ UNIT-TRB on June 25th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

AWESOME!!!!!

+ linzaka_ on June 25th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Can’t wait for this! So many of us are ready to play and find out what these new classes have to offer.

Visit http://www.cakelair.net for an active Fat Princess community. If you are looking for new or more friends to enjoy and add to your Fat Princess experience, just drop by. ^_^

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on June 28th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

We had loads of fun creating the new classes, and playtesting them along the way. We hope you enjoy them, too, and thanks for your support with the cakelair.net site!

+ Rival_31 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

I’ve always known about the classes but I thought it was a lie last year since nothing happened. But now with same console multiplayer I can’t wait to fire this game up!!!

Hey Deb,
I’m wondering though if the other players will be able to sign in using their PSN? Just asking for trophy unlocking.

+ NorthernLitez on June 25th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Now you’re talking….CO-OP..FINALLY!!!! Thankyou. Plus, more maps and characters. Sounds like the devs have been very busy.

+ safalum01 on June 25th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

i hope i can afford this, i hav £3.22, but this is in $, hope i’m not 0.05 off :S

+ GooniesAndy on June 25th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

Yay! I can’t wait for this… I’ve gotten so much more out of this $15 game than most that cost $60, so I am more than happy to spend another $5 on it. You guys are awesome! My four-year-old who will now be able to tag along with me while I play thanks you, too. :)

My one question is, is there a list of fixes coming in patch 1.06? I’m so excited to hear about anything else that’s coming our way!

+ KIT-_-KAT on June 25th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

ima buy this as soon as i come back from vacation!!!

+ BeerManMike on June 25th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Finally something good coming for the PSN coming out next week! This is the way to get me to spend some money, even if it’s only $5. The Wife and I are going to have some fun kicking butt online.

Lets get Castle Crashers released now… Thanks guys!

+ Marioface5 on June 25th, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

The only thing I’m worried about is the way local co-op will work. Do all 4 players have to struggle to always be on the same screen, or will the screen be able to split? Tethered multiplayer has always ruined it for me, I really hope the new multiplayer is split-screen so that my friends and I can do what we want instead of all being stuck together the whole time.

+ Subtenko on June 25th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

THANK YOU for Coop! Thank you so much :D

+ udieilol on June 25th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

I agree #33, I think it should be split although the screen might be very small on 4 players. (Lol @ “Fourplay”) This is gonna be great since I can finally play together with my family instead of switching off. W00t!

+ Seafea_ on June 25th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Will online “co-op” be splitscreen?
And do you mean co-op as in 4 people against a team of AI’s, or just plain 4 people on a single machine as in Warhawk online?

+ DZORMAGEN on June 25th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

THERE IN OUR BASE………….KILLING OUR DUDES!!!!

+ DZORMAGEN on June 25th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

CAKE FOR EVERYYYYYYYYONE!!

+ DarkAkatosh on June 25th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

It’s unfortunate that it has to be $5 for the paid DLC in an already near lifeless game concerning my favorite mode (invasion). Definitely won’t get me to play this again, if anything I’ll probably STOP playing this game because of this DLC.

+ Rhino136 on June 25th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

WOW, I had already decided I was gonna pass on Fat Princess but I think it’s gonna be added to my library of games very soon.

I know I’m being greedy but I have to ask, will my brother and I be able to both login to our PSN profiles at the same time? Just curious because the game will probably move into an immediate buy, (no debate) if the answer is yes.

+ SpyDudeFX on June 25th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Great news, hope we also get the Plus 20% off offer and those FP avatars here next week.

+ Chard5000 on June 25th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Only $5 eh? Sold!

+ Norton_AntiVirus on June 25th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

yeah!!! split screen co-op, i wanted that feature for the longest time, my friends and i love this game, thanks a lot. im definintely purchasing the dlc content too, its an awesome value

+ Ultimate-Toker on June 25th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

so uh people who dont have the game get it for 14.99$ and people who bought it earlier for 14.99$ have pay 5$? hmmmmm

+ Mosh_Pit on June 25th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

4 players split screen sounds cool.

+ Chard5000 on June 25th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

@44 No. Its people who buy it now get version 1.06. Everyone has to buy the ability to use the hat machine.

+ Sons-of-Helghan on June 25th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

thank you sooo much! this game just made it up there with my top favorite party games! will there someday be a dlc for the new character classes on the psp as well?

+ tha_con on June 25th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Day one.

+ Xoombie503 on June 25th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

sold i would pay even $10 cuz you guys deserve it…along with playstation plus i cant wait

PAGE 1 2