PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Fatter Princess: Fat Roles DLC and Fourplay Party Feature with Patch 1.06

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jun 25, 2010 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

On Tuesday June 29, our favorite heiress to the throne will get a little added bulk thanks to our good friends at Atomic Operations, and we can’t wait for all you Fat Princess fans to check it out!

Fat Princess Fat Roles DLC (USD $4.99) unleashes Pirates, Ninjas and Giants (oh my!) into the world of Fat Princess. These three new character classes bring a whole new level of awesomeness to the frenzied 32-player battles alongside our beloved royal beauty.

Fat Princess "Fat Roles DLC" for PS3

After picking up the DLC, a new multi-class magic hat spawner will be activated in every level of Fat Princess. Pirates can call in cannon ball attacks, Ninjas can hide in the shadows to sneak through doors, and the all-mighty Giants can cause rumbling earthquakes and gain health by chomping on their enemies.

Fat Princess "Fat Roles DLC" for PS3

We’re also very happy to announce that Patch 1.06 activates the new Fat Princess Party feature!

Due to the overwhelming fan response, Patch1.06 delivers four-player same-console co-op for FREE to everyone who owns Fat Princess! Fans will be able to enjoy couch co-op in both online and offline games. Players will also be able to re-spawn at outposts, which adds a whole new level of co-op strategy to all gaming modes and levels.

And that’s not all. We’ve also included clan tags and password-protected games to make playing with your friends even more easy and fun.

And for those of you who have heard about the game, but have not yet sampled the cake…what are you waiting for? Go ahead and download the Full Fat Princess game on June 29 for just $14.99. It includes everything from the initial release updated all the way through Patch 1.06, so you get all of this great content (all original maps plus four recently released new maps, party feature, clan tags and loads of enhancements) in one fell swoop.

Stay tuned, see you all on the battlefield, and as always…

Cake for everyone,

The Fat Princess Team

PAGE 1 2

+ isolatebody on June 25th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

Being able to co-op online was the only thing this game was missing…………..CAKE RULES !!!!!!!

+ Ultimate-Toker on June 25th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

ty chard makes sense now lol

+ zKAPOWz on June 25th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

New Pork isn’t a new map. . .

+ bgenius on June 25th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

No thanks..this game gets boring real quick after 10 mins of gameplay. Crash Commando is 10 times better..I find it crazy how it does get as much attention as this game

+ mywhitenoise on June 25th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

TOTALLY BUYING THIS! Great price point!

+ Permafry_42 on June 25th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

will psn plus give any discount to the add on?

+ xdude21 on June 25th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

great news. My friend is crazy about this game so with the addition to coop we can both play together now :)

Oh and I’ll definitely buy the DLC.

+ Roxas27 on June 25th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

Only $4.99 for all of that? Oh yes, there will be cake.

+ Aspherex on June 25th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

AMAZING thank you so, so much! I’ve been waiting to be able to play local multiplayer on this game :)

I hope the new characters can be optional; some people might want to play the game as it was.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Deborah Mars on June 28th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

The new character classes (pirate, ninja and giant) will be available only if you purchase the Fat Roles DLC, but you’ll still have access to the original classes as well.

+ ADR143 on June 25th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

hmm might pick this up

+ ChibiMrBubbles on June 25th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

You guys delivered!

Party play is a killer feature in of itself.

+ soulspirit4 on June 25th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

I hope that they make a dlc for Fat Princess: Fistfull of cake. That would be cool.

+ Midgetguy on June 25th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

Wow… nice update to the game!

I got it because I loved the art style and the music, but I didn’t really like the gameplay that much. (I guess it just wasn’t my cup of tea…) BUT, with the co-op feature added, this game will be GREAT for having friends over! Games like this are a LOT more fun with friends sitting next to you playing the game along with you!

+ angelspawn77 on June 25th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

YES!!!! 4 player local co op! finally!!!! This should have been added since day one, but its better late than never! also cant wait to try out the new classes! Im definitely jumping back in!!!!

+ aznkenoodle on June 25th, 2010 at 8:12 pm said:

this is the first time im writing a comment on this site. this patch and dl has got to be the best one ive seen in my life im getting this as soon as it comes out

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on June 25th, 2010 at 10:57 pm said:

The Cake was never a Lie…

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on June 26th, 2010 at 2:57 am said:

$4.99!?

SOLD!

+ Sonic42 on June 26th, 2010 at 5:05 am said:

Originally posted by InFaMoUs1-

PLEASE SOMEONE AT ATOMIC OR SCEA READ THIS!!!
******************************************
For the love of this game PLEASE remove the orbs. I play with about 6 or 7 people and we’re tired of picking them up by mistake.

Bring back the kick feature, and switch teams feature. I play with a large group of people and it’s a pain to get people on one team together.

The host needs the kick feature, I’m tired of dealing with team killers and idiots who ruin games by sabotaging their own team. I also can’t deal with people who just leave their game on and don’t do anything. The kick feature was great for getting rid of people like this. Please bring it back!

This game lost alot of players after you took out these features. This is a team game but you guys have killed any sort of way for large groups to play with each other on one team.
I really hope you fix the game so my friends and I can get back on it without dealing with this crap. I’d love to buy the DLC but until this game brings back the team mentality it’s not worth playing with randoms and team killers.

+ NahDoot on June 26th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Awesome, now all we need is a LAN patch so we can have fat princess parties.

+ chrizburnz on June 26th, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

This is going to be amazing. So many people have seen me playing this and have wanted a group of us to play. This is just what this game needed to make it an all time classic for my ps3!

+ josejaimes45 on June 26th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

This game is going to make a good reputation! Rock on!!!!!!!!!!

+ DaveedT13 on June 26th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

Wow… 4 players local offline AND online, A-W-E-S-O-M-E

The chances are that I’ll put more time now in this game and then, buy the DLC…

I REALLY hope that more devs will follow, the PS3 lacks this, local multiplayer offline and online, with multiple PSN IDs please…this is my MAIN COMPLAINT about the PS3 and maybe it’s about to be improved…beginning with FAT Princess!! :)

+ Airmo on June 26th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

I was lucky enough to go test these new classes and co-op out at Santa Monica studios. The new classes are a lot of fun and same system co-op really changes the dynamics of the game. It is great to see these features finally coming out. I have wanted more ever since I got to test the features!

+ morrislevy on June 26th, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Need I say more?

+ EdReedFan20 on June 26th, 2010 at 7:36 pm said:

Is the local co-op split-screen, or does everyone share the same screen? I hope it’s split-screen.

+ Ghostt666 on June 27th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I would gladly pay 5 bucks for the DLC, this game freakin rocks! To all who think that Fat Princess ($15) is expensive, then sell another game you don’t play and buy it! definantly worth it. ($4.99) for the DLC is beyond cheap. <3 Atomic Operations, Santa Monica Studio, and Titan Studios

+ MaDogNik96 on June 27th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

I really am looking forward to this. I hope they’ll patch in the new modes in Fistful of Cake for the PS3 version.

+ HackySackGuy on June 28th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

HOORAY for local multiplayer! and even better is that now 4 friends can join the online chaos as well! Santa Monica, I hope more companies follow your example of appealing to the fans. I also hope this will yield more sales of Fat Princess, and show that local multiplayer is a a great boon for many games :) I’m very happy now that my friends can enjoy this game with me at the same time instead of sit on the sidelines. My only regret is that the patch isn’t here today lol

+ jWinPanDA on June 28th, 2010 at 11:09 pm said:

is it for psp too?

+ crazysky108 on June 29th, 2010 at 4:55 am said:

I absolutely LOVE the new classes and especially the Co-op feature added, but I really wish you guys could fix the little glitches in game too. Like for example in Great Gorge (spelling?) being able to run up the waterfall past the rock and grabbing the princess right away.

It’s like 5 am I can’t really think of the other exploits that people do, I’m sure someone knows what I mean I hope.

+ Comicus2 on June 29th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Played for a little while this morning without the DLC. Not much fun. Yes, this adds a new dynamic to the game, but practically makes the existing character classes obsolete in strategy. Still need the worker to harvest and build, and the priest to heal, but the others are about useless now. I’ll probably buy the DLC just because I love this game and don’t play much else anymore on the PS3, but feel there should be a bit more balancing in character strengths.

+ sharpshot7567 on June 29th, 2010 at 10:27 pm said:

dear, fat princess team
this is definatle a breakthrough and i love everything youve done for us. great free maps and a new set of charater classes. if i could suggest a few thing it would be,
new game modes
make the arena somehow a playable map for the deathmatch or something.
new classes are great
more maps
more coustomizations.
instead of 1 upgrades for the hat generator, maybe 2 so we have more reason to use the resourses in the game.
these are just suggests of coarse but you guys receive alot of credit.
the 4 player co-op is amazing idea
again you guys receive alot of credit for make and adding to this game so thank you

+ sportzdude59 on June 29th, 2010 at 11:18 pm said:

i like how the new classes arent completely overpowered. as a warrior, it is not hard taking out a pirate, ninja, or giant because they all have the same amount of health.

+ Albahtaar on July 1st, 2010 at 1:46 am said:

Hi everyone and the Fat Team!

I am realy glad to go back to fat princess after few months. So first of all, thank you for all your work during this last year, bringing the game to this point.

I just have a little problem with the new version of the game and I didn’t found the solution anywhere on the Internet, so maybe the community here, or one of the dev can help me : the problem is simple : I don’t have the co-op feature on/off line, it looks like it is working on some PS3 systems but not mine (and some guys too, i checked ;-) ). If it can explains it, I’m logged in Europe….

Thank you if you answer me!!

PAGE 1 2