PS4-Infamous

First Look: echochrome ii for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Jun 30, 2010 // Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone! As most of you have already heard, we will be coming out with echochrome ii later this year. It was announced at E3 and we’ve received a lot of positive feedback. For those of you who don’t know what echochrome ii is, here is an interview and demo with our team to show you exactly what everyone has been talking about.

Remember all the fun you used to have playing with shadows as a kid? Now you can bring back those exciting feelings of shadow art by utilizing the PlayStation Move motion controller and the PlayStation Eye camera! With its unique way of using Move controller as a flashlight, you will control light and shadows, rotate levels and change the way objects are viewed and the shadows they cast. The ultimate goal is to lead your character, that can only walk on the shadow, through the path from beginning to end. Beware, as there are hidden goals, jumping pads, holes, transporting elevators, and so on. Rotate the level itself to create a specific shadow – the possibilities are infinite and there is always more than meets the eye as every person can view each puzzle differently.

Also, echochrome ii features an artistic presentation style that fans of the franchise will recognize, however, this time with bold colors and lively music to put any player in the gaming mood. Players can also look forward to the new use of color, which gives hints to help players through the puzzles.

PAGE 1 2

+ sassyGIRL311 on June 30th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

also can we get some lolita and gothic lolita dresses hair styles and shoes/stockings

+ Alpha6UFS on June 30th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Wow, very impressive. Another great example how art can become a game too just like the first echochrome. Great job, guys.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, echochrome ii sticks to the original artistic presentation style, and it offers a brand new experience using the Move controller.

+ plaztiksyke on June 30th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

When I saw a clip of echochrome ii in E3 2010 coverage, I pre-ordered a Move from amazon.com. I absolutely loved the original echochrome, it was one of the first PSN titles I got 100% of the trophies on!

Couple of questions:
-will this game have 1080p native rendering?

-will it include HD audio (24-bit and/or losslessly compressed) for the soundtrack like Braid, Critter Crunch, and others have done?

-are there any bonuses that unlock if it detects you have trophies from the original echochrome?

-is there any chance the original Echochrome soundtrack will be re-released in a better sounding format than MP3? The Shatter soundtrack on PSN was 320kbit/sec AAC (@ 48 khz!) and it sounds much better. (I’d prefer FLAC or LPCM/WAV, but I don’t have my hopes up :/ )

Keep up the amazing work!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Thank you so much for your comment! Yes, title supports 1080p. As for the sound, it supports Linear PCM 2ch, Linear PCM 5.1ch, Linear PCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1ch, and DTS.

Great work on getting the 100% trophies on the original! Regarding the bonuses, I’m curious to see what exactly you would expect to obtain?

+ NotoriousGamer on June 30th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

How much would this cost? 19,14,9?? or is this Plus only or retail disc?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

Hi there. We’ll come back with more details in the near future. Please stay tuned!

+ Jeigh on June 30th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

I’m just not quite sure whether it was incredibly good design on Sony’s part or a collection of amazing developers, but the Move seems to have some incredibly innovative and (so far as I can tell) fun uses.

– And I have to confess that I, too, was not a fan of the original. Mostly because of the controls, though the solo string quartet really got to me. (The piano is my all time favorite instrument, so you’ve hit me dead-on with echochrome ii)

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Thanks for your comment about the music!

I myself is a big fan of the game’s music. As I commented earlier, every time they played the echochrome ii trailer at E3 show floor, I felt so relaxed and peaceful. :)

+ naiyo on June 30th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Can you use the navi analog stick to move the background and use the PSmove for the flashlight?

+ svd246 on June 30th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

This game is GOTY for PSN!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 5:38 pm said:

Thank you for your kind words!

+ LordRaoh on June 30th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

this sounds and looks awesome, cant wait

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Thank you! We’ll come back with more news soon.

+ Berae on June 30th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

It looks very nice! loved the 1st one

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Thanks! I’m sure you will love the second one as well. :)

+ Chuckbait on June 30th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

I’m wondering if the use of Move controller makes this game very easy? In other words, how many different ways can you shine a flashlight on this world?

Can you rotate the world 360 degrees?

if so, then this game sounds awesome and may just convince me to buy at lease one move controller.

Thanks.

+ Tomm4118 on June 30th, 2010 at 10:32 pm said:

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of Echochrome, mainly because I’ve never heard of it. But after see this, call me an echochrome fanboy. I just love the idea of this game.

When I was little, playing on the playground, my friends and I would always play with our shadows and guide it through all the platforms on the playground. Some times we would carry sticks and stand on distant fields from each other and attack each other with our shadows. It was so much fun. And now i finally get to live out those moments with this ingenious game. I honestly can not wait to get my hands on it, and test my imagination.

The Music is just Brilliant. Really stimulates the creative mind. What a Great use of the Play Station MOVE!!! You guys surely showed Kinect and Wii off. XD

+ Thrasher20 on June 30th, 2010 at 11:38 pm said:

That looks really tight!

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on June 30th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

Day One purchase for me

+ abzdine on June 30th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

Dear Kumi, I had a question about the game in #48 please you did not answer :(

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Oops, sorry! Please see my comment.

+ pes002 on July 1st, 2010 at 12:14 am said:

I missed the first one, but this look great. :)

+ Egz-Onine on July 1st, 2010 at 1:03 am said:

Looks great! A must-have title for the Playstation Move.

+ paulvaughan on July 1st, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

I must first congratulate the person or team that conceptualized this game in such a manner. This is absolutely brilliant! I was hesitant about Move, but this is the sort of game that could bring me over to it. I do not know if this has been asked already, but is this going to possibly be done in 3D as well? It might be a while before I get a 3D set, but this game would be mindblowing in 3D! Excellent out of the box thinking by your team! Domo arigato!

+ favian on July 1st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

This is move’s killer app. Love echo chrome.

+ digital_kai on July 1st, 2010 at 10:46 pm said:

Sorry if this offend you, but some people are stirring up rumors that Echochrome 2 is a ripoff off a game called “Shadow Physics”.
Could you explain a bit on this? Thanks.

+ abzdine on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:28 am said:

Dear Kumi, thank you for the answer to my post #48. I am definitely byuing a PS Move (it’s already pre ordered), but for people who are not getting it in the beginning, it will be good if the DS3 is the minimum required.
Anyway, I can’t wait to put my hands on this genious game because the first one is one of my best PSP games.

And yes please convey my comment to team japan and tell them to always try to bring crazy experiences because they apparently have the recipe for it :)

ohh….. and we want Legend of Dragoon II :’(

+ LouVelvet on July 2nd, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

I love it! Thanks for continuing this incredibly unique puzzle franchise, I was obsessed with this game for almost an entire year.

Check out my puzzle in the original echochrome, it’s called “Blind Girl” by LouVelvet :)

Can’t wait to start creating levels again, cheers!

+ Yohko_jpn on July 4th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

echochrome team is now broadcasting recording scene of echochrome ii on the Ustream. Check this out!! http://ustre.am/jJxV

+ highlanders2012 on July 6th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

It looks like something out of Habbo Hotel lol…IDK why, but it reminded me of that for some reason :)

+ icy360 on July 9th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

my ps3 controller lights up when i plug it in the ps3 and sinks but everything works execpt triangle square circle and x buttons and when i unplug it does not light up anymore need help

PAGE 1 2