Minecraft PS4

New to PlayStation Store: LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Strategy Guide

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Jun 30, 2010 // Producer, SCEA

Greetings PlayStation.Blog readers. We bring great news to our LocoRoco fans this week!

We released LocoRoco Midnight Carnival last year, introducing the craziest most challenging Loco adventure yet. For those who found the game rather difficult to clear, or those who want to find out more about the game, we’ve just released the digital strategy guide for LocoRoco Midnight Carnival! The guide has just been released yesterday on the PlayStation Store for $1.99. It’s a digital interactive strategy guide, not only to guide you through the levels, but also include many more features as shown below.

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

• Explore full detailed maps of all levels AND replay movies
  • Zoom-in on details and information
  • All pages include in-game music for your viewing pleasure
  • Refresh your memory on basic controls, as well as tips and techniques
  • Additional artwork and music lyrics also included

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

We also have great news for new players! LocoRoco Midnight Carnival is now on sale for $7.49! Perfect timing for those of you who want to get Loco for the up coming summer season!

But wait, there is more! New players to LocoRoco Midnight Carnival can also find the full game and the additional pack bundled together with the digital strategy guide! LocoRoco Midnight Bundle, the ultimate edition which includes LocoRoco MC full game + BuiBui pack + official strategy guide has just been released at the price of just $9.99! If you are new to LocoRoco now is the best time to give this a go!

Enjoy!

+ Canuck4Life on June 30th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Wow, that’s such a great deal… might have to get the game! I love the idea of digital strategy guides… it would be great to see them on PS3 as well! Any chance there are more of these guides coming out for other games?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Thanks for your comment. The LocoRoco digital guide is actually only viewable on PSP.

I also think it’s a great idea if more PS3 games have digital interactive guides on PS3!

+ Zezzler on June 30th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

thats a great deal… but how about a price drop on the original locoroco? it cost about 22 dollars on the PSN store. locoroco 2 doesnt even cost that much! but none the less, this is a great deal.

+ F-minus on June 30th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

Ya i saw that in the store yesterday, not a bad idea…. Hopefully others titles will have the option of buying a digital guide too. Great idea.

I love playing LocoRoco… It brings a nice balance to all the killing in the other games i play.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

Thank you for your comment. Enjoy your LocoRoco during the summer!

+ JakeSkate on June 30th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

I going to pass on this deal.

+ GooDer_gAMe on June 30th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Just bought it yesterday, awesome game.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

Thank you so much for your support. Enjoy your LocoRoco and Happy 4th to you!

+ Curtisio on June 30th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Cool beans! I’ll probably get this after my summer vacation because, at the moment, I’m saving up for it.

Any chance for a PJ Shooter digital guide?… I bought that game and a map/guide wound be nice!

+ Onvertic on June 30th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Can we see the guide when playing the game? Also, will you guys bring more guides?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on July 1st, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Hi there. Sorry, but you need to exit the game and view the guide.

+ Zonified on June 30th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival or Patapon 2…

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival or Patapon 2…

Quick, someone help me decide! O_O

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

I’d have to say LocoRoco Midnight Carnival. Go for it! :D

+ FJ1100_rider on June 30th, 2010 at 8:38 am said:

hope it’s more detailed and useful than the burn zombie burn guide , that was just stuff already available in the game

@6
youtube has the best guide for pj shooter , since you can record and upload game video there are a ton of them on youtube showing people getting all the secret areas and good scores .

+ megamixer on June 30th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

“most challenging Loco adventure yet.”

No kidding! I’ve been stuck on BuiBui Fort 2 for months! I’ve watched videos of people clearing the level and I have gotten right to the last jump or so but always fail. :(

…and there are still four more levels after that one!

Would this guide really help or am I doomed to failure?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Yes, this will help you clear the game. You can see the entire map of each level and also see movies on the tough areas.

Best of luck beating the game during your summer!

+ KSPRAYDAD on June 30th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

This needs to exist for the majority of games…..but then again se can’t even get video previews for the majority of games (built into the store..like it should be)…so I don’t have high hopes.

+ krae_man on June 30th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

$9.99 for the game and that DLC pack is what the price of the game should have been in the first place.

Thank you for finally pricing the game properly.

This game is so mine.

I’ll buy more games for my PSP Go if you guys would just price more games right.

The Sooner that $40 price point dies, the sooner stuff starts selling.

+ plaztiksyke on June 30th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Great! Now just release the game for PS3 and I’ll have a reason to buy it :)

We still play Locoroco Cocoreccho, 2 years after getting it on our PS3. Please either release more Locoroco games on PS3 or patch the existing game to add trophies and lossless audio.

+ MassaBR on June 30th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Wait, I thought the price cut as permanent? From the Store update post:

“LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival – Permanent Price Change (now $7.49, original price $14.99)”

Could you please clarify this?

+ Crotin on June 30th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

good idea, you should start releasing strategy guides to the store :)

+ jimmyfoxhound on June 30th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

Cool! I’ll def check this out!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

Many thanks to your comment! Pls let me know what you think.

+ Neil on June 30th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I buy everything that has Kumi’s stamp of approval on it.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on June 30th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Thank you for your constant support, Neil!

+ WWESuperstar on June 30th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

The $9.99 bundle is a great deal. I bought it early and i’m excited to play it. LocoRoco is awesome.

+ lilyphoenix on June 30th, 2010 at 9:05 pm said:

I just realized this is a PSP game and I don’t have one. I am planning to get that Kingdom Hearts bundle though, but no use buying the game until I have it. :(

+ R-O-Ofaliss on July 1st, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

@ lilyphoenix, if you know for a fact that your getting the bundle, then why not buy LocoRoco now? When my PSP 2000 broken, I still purchased a few UMD’s will I was waiting to get the R&C 3000 bundle. When I found out I was getting a Go for Christmas last year, I purchased a number of games from PSN, so I could have them ready to go on Christmas. Heck, I have Blu Rays and won’t be getting a PS3 for a few more months! Nothing wrong with buying ahead of time.

I really love this concept, I would love a Dissidia digital guide, even though there isn’t much more I could learn, seeing as Im 191 hours in! :) Great concept guys, Im going to buy the bundle, just because your doing something new, that I hope catches on.

+ Elvick_ on July 3rd, 2010 at 6:07 pm said: