LittleBigPlanet 3

The Midway Comes to PlayStation Home + Massive Independence Day Event, Alpha Protocol, Toy Story 3 Items & More!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jun 30, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

If you came out to the Los Angeles Convention Center a few weeks back and managed to catch up with GlassWalls and me in the PlayStation E3 Booth (err…complex), chances are you got a glimpse at a new suite of games packed into one convivial space known as Midway. And chances are you asked us when it was going to be released. And chances are we gave you a wink and a sly smile and said “soon.”

It’s funny how quickly “soon” turns to “tomorrow” in the rapidly-growing world of PlayStation Home. As the holiday weekend approaches us (and with it, all those extra hours to play our favorite games), we figured tomorrow would be the perfect time to launch what is easily one of the most epic gaming experiences to ever be released in PlayStation Home.

The Midway — available Thursday, July 1st — launches with 10 games, over a hundred rewards (including the Darla’s Den personal space), and plenty of secrets that you will have to uncover for yourself as you progress through this massive new game space. Simply collect your tickets from the kiosk at the entrance to the Midway and embark on a journey where a new reward is unlocked for every level of every game you master. Hang out in the space for long enough and you can even be rewarded with more plays for your favorite games (or the ultimate bragging rights at the Meet Darla photo booth). You can even collect exclusive arcade-style games like Trigger Happy-in-a-Box for the Darla’s Den personal space! Just enter the hilarious Tele-Porta-Potty in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza to access the Midway when it launches this week.

For a holiday as important as Independence Day, we wanted to make sure we delivered the best event we possibly could to you, the loyal PlayStation Home community. And we wanted to make sure that both Canadians and Americans got an ample opportunity to celebrate – hence, Captain Kablooey’s Boombastic Bonanza! Simply head to the Central Plaza on Canada Day (Thursday, July 1st) and/or the 4th of July to participate in the festivities by playing the brand new Independence Day game with your friends, unlocking exclusive rewards (that you’ll have to see to believe), and then using those rewards to unlock progressively bigger and badder fireworks displays for the enjoyment of all onlookers. It’s easily one of the largest and most awesome events we’ve ever thrown — and it will only be available for a limited time — so come out to Central Plaza and show your national pride Home-style.

This week also plays host to some serious updates in the PlayStation Home Mall — with the highly-anticipated Active 8 Apartment UFO (which we’ve heard has a penchant for cattle abductions), new Independence Day-themed items from the Sodium store, full Woody, Jessie, and Zurg costumes from Toy Story 3 (and a bunch of furniture to boot), and tons of Alpha Protocol clothing items (including Michael Thornton, Sie, and Scarlet Lake costumes). So be sure to head to the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday to keep your collection complete with these awesome new items.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ SpyDudeFX on June 30th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

LS are we getting those World Cup Puma jerseys and Radec costumes from last week? Hope so! Great update, I can’t wait for the Midway!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on June 30th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

We are working on getting these items. Stay tuned for more details!

+ Mercenary09 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Wow great job Home Team. Was hoping to get the apartment pool tables and dart games though. Any word when we can expect them?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on June 30th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

We will be releasing these items, but I don’t have a date to announce yet. Rest assured that it will be soon though.

+ Ledis15 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Awesome update, cant wait for the Midway Carnival Space

+ King0fHearts2007 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Are we ever going to see the Hall of Fame?

+ HFarnsworth on June 30th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Huzzah!

+ KarateChampChad on June 30th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Wow, great update Locust! This will surely keep me busy :D

+ oo_Silent_Bob_oo on June 30th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

@_@

+ vcotson on June 30th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

are these going to be pay to play games? =)

+ PaperCarrier on June 30th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Any pool tables and dart boards for personal spaces yet? If not, when?

+ JoeDierte on June 30th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

thanks for the new spaces and games. it’s always fun to play a game in Home. thanks again!

+ Hobartbob on June 30th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

SWEET!!

+ pepsiman444 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

COOL.. and yea what mercenary09 said.. pool tables??

+ proskatercam on June 30th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

I agree with #4. Please let us know.

+ Enigmatech on June 30th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

The Midway is lookin good.

At least you guys took a break from personal spaces but there are around 40 of them and still not one new clubhouse. :(

And don’t about about Radec.

+ PaperCarrier on June 30th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

It would be pretty sweet if we had the ability to assign some of our purchased personal spaces as clubhouses.

+ PaperCarrier on June 30th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Any word on PlayStation Plus bonuses for PlayStation Home?

+ Sophronia on June 30th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Awesome stuff — I can’t wait to try the Tele-porta-potty! Haha.

+ footballrule on June 30th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Will the Midway be pay to play Locust_Star? That’s what i’ve been hearing.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on June 30th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Midway games will be available on a pay-to-play model, but will also have free “timed plays.” And as you master each game (meaning: you pass level 10), you in turn unlock unlimited plays for that game. Add into this the 100 + rewards (one reward for each level of each game that you beat – including a free personal space), and we think you’ll find the Midway a great value.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on June 30th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Hey! When will we see more costumes coming in for Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter IV and any new spaces from major developers? Such as Square-Enix (Beside Final Fantasy XIII, of course), Level 5, Cyberconnect 2, and many more? Please make this dream become a reality!

+ XxadrammelechXx on June 30th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

hiya LS tytytytyty so much dude … ur the man LS finnaly im canadain and am gonna get 2 celebrate it in home wahoooooooo btw… is there gonna be updates 2 other store and will there be anything with canada on it items wise??? ty so much staff ur getting better and better :D
~Buzz

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on June 30th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Yep – check out to the Sodium store for some special items that will help you celebrate Canada Day in style!

+ footballrule on June 30th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Also, when will we see the Killzone 2 Radec outfit that was supposed to be in the Mall last week?

+ godsgift1888 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Hey locust i notice certain games in the carnival have a free bubble whilst others dont so will these ones with bubbles be free to play and not cost us tokens ?

+ frankma1962 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Be nice if we got a Star Wars style apartment for Home. It could either be Rebel or Empire and from almost any of the planets that we’ve seen. Even one based on the Falcon would be great.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on June 30th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

Hi Locust_Star once again. I apologize for being somehow… Nagging person, but for a good reason? I know you mentioned you are willing to look into this matter for all of us… But I am curious to see whether you are still making this progress by finding more than one ways to implement… closed-captioning or subtitling for those videos in movie theater? Also for those in events that have videos being presented? I hope you are still working on that because I’d love to be actively involve into any of those events… Please make that happen for all of us. Thanx.

+ NoobHunter91 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

yeah this is bringing me back for home for sure and that e3 booth

+ PaperCarrier on June 30th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

I have money set aside for whenever pool tables and dart boards are released.

+ NoobianGod on June 30th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

Hearing about the Pool tables was the best thing I have heard about Home in a while. (And that’s saying something since the updates are usually pretty cool!)

Flash Video’s in/for Home FTW!!! That was great! And man the video certainly left me wanting to see this for myself.

Great update you guys! And cheers to even more games in our personal spaces coming soon!!!!

+ Blkant on June 30th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Hmm, Home is really making some improvements as of late.

Will it be night time in the plaza then to see the fireworks? I mean you can’t have fireworks in the day time after all…

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on June 30th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

Yes it will ;)

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ GlassWalls on June 30th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

Might I add, another Home first! Night falls in our Central Plaza.

+ King0fHearts2007 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Can we please have the option to choose if we get an award/unlockable or not.

+ SpyDudeFX on June 30th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Thx LS, World Cup ends in 11 days hope you can get those jerseys here asap. Are we getting Plus content here too? EU and Asia have Plus tshirts for subscribers.

+ JoeDierte on June 30th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

i think i missed the announcement of pool tables in home. is it true that we might be able to buy a pool table for our personal space? chess and darts would kick some major butt! wa-hoo!

+ SpeedRacer1955 on June 30th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

@KingofHearts, if you don’t want an unlockable or reward then don’t play the game the choice is yours…

+ darkrono on June 30th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

and what about Home for México, anytime soon?

+ PaperCarrier on June 30th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

Oh, and on the side note the Warhawk space will be removed this week, assuming it’s due to inactivity.

+ JoeDierte on June 30th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

also, is anybody else having problems with the gaming lounge freezing their system?

+ PaperCarrier on June 30th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

@JoeDierte I get that problem too in Gamers Lounge.

+ KazeEternal on June 30th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

PlayStation Home…. more exciting than Ball in a Cup.

Any plans on giving PlayStation Plus subscribers the ability to do shared netflix viewings or PSN download viewings?

+ JoeDierte on June 30th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

@papercarrier

thanks. i’ve found a bunch more in the PS Forums with the same problems.

+ XxadrammelechXx on June 30th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

ty LS again for the reply :) have a good day sir :)
~Buzz

+ CRUNKRIS on June 30th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Locust, please tell everyone here why Cyd is removed from the message of the day! you would think a Home manager would get more than this as a goodbye. She was the Community’s manager for more than a year and this is how we show our respect and thanx for a job well done?

hmm, im guessing sony doesnt care much about that word “community” then, if this is how they treat their own employees, no wonder the customers get a bad rap

+ loadstone007 on June 30th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

Sadly, PS Home turned out to be more for kids.
I was an avid supporter at first, but I come to realise it’s just a waste of time.

You need to add a more deeper experienceto Home, not just games and rewards. Think more social networking, like Facebook. This will draw millions.

+ footballrule on June 30th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

@KazeEternal

When was the last time you came on? If haven’t been online Home in awhile, I advise you come on tomorrow and check out this space. 100 rewards is gonna be hot! Imagine all the mixing and matching possiblities.

+ phatso64 on June 30th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

HOMELINGS MUST INVADE THE PLAZA , LET’S LIGHT IT UP GUYS N GALS !!!!!

+ KazeEternal on June 30th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

@footballrule
I was on home about 2 weeks ago I think, for the E3 2010 stuff and browse around a bit. Got bored. Still not impressed with it really. Feature I listed would encourage me to use HOME though as my GF is out of state for school and this would be nice if we could watch movies together on something other than our Xbox’s.

The rest of the stuff on home just seems…. well… cheap. Granted it is free, but at the same time I have several other games that I can interact with others online and it’s far more enjoyable to play an actual game. HOME mostly just seems unnecessary and wasteful. Even with games like Sodium.

+ Francision69 on June 30th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

I can’t wait to try out the Midway Space!

+ halo_nothing on June 30th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

Can’t wait for everything coming tomorrow! Especially Canada Day and the Midway! One question tho… can I also expect to be able to jump on Andy’s bed by then?? It’s never worked for me. :(

+ shortfuse14 on June 30th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

arghh whats the point of the flash update for the PS3 software update if videos on this blog and the EU one still are not supported for the PS3 internet browser ????????

+ Darth-Krayt on June 30th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

I love Home and use it daily. As usual another strong update.

My only issue with Home is it’s instability. It randomly locks up my PS3. Sometimes when I’m bowling, sometimes in other games, sometimes when I’m just walking around. It’s completely random. One freeze up that’s NOT completely random though is the gamer’s lounge. Every single time I go to the gamer’s lounge 10-20 seconds after I enter, my PS3 locks up. Both of these are real lock-ups too…..the Home button doesn’t work and the PS3 has to be reset by holding the reset button and then waiting for the 3 beep reset.

I was really hoping the recent Home update was going to fix the freezing but it didn’t.

I still spend good money in Home, on 2 seperate accounts actually, and I love it. But I really could do without the lock-ups. I have to deal with them enough using the PS3 browser, I don’t want them in Home.

+ Kinney1 on June 30th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Great Stuff!!! Can’t wait for the fireworks!!! Man is Home Advancing :)

+ artform-fazeone on June 30th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said: