PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Midway Comes to PlayStation Home + Massive Independence Day Event, Alpha Protocol, Toy Story 3 Items & More!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jun 30, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

If you came out to the Los Angeles Convention Center a few weeks back and managed to catch up with GlassWalls and me in the PlayStation E3 Booth (err…complex), chances are you got a glimpse at a new suite of games packed into one convivial space known as Midway. And chances are you asked us when it was going to be released. And chances are we gave you a wink and a sly smile and said “soon.”

It’s funny how quickly “soon” turns to “tomorrow” in the rapidly-growing world of PlayStation Home. As the holiday weekend approaches us (and with it, all those extra hours to play our favorite games), we figured tomorrow would be the perfect time to launch what is easily one of the most epic gaming experiences to ever be released in PlayStation Home.

The Midway — available Thursday, July 1st — launches with 10 games, over a hundred rewards (including the Darla’s Den personal space), and plenty of secrets that you will have to uncover for yourself as you progress through this massive new game space. Simply collect your tickets from the kiosk at the entrance to the Midway and embark on a journey where a new reward is unlocked for every level of every game you master. Hang out in the space for long enough and you can even be rewarded with more plays for your favorite games (or the ultimate bragging rights at the Meet Darla photo booth). You can even collect exclusive arcade-style games like Trigger Happy-in-a-Box for the Darla’s Den personal space! Just enter the hilarious Tele-Porta-Potty in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza to access the Midway when it launches this week.

For a holiday as important as Independence Day, we wanted to make sure we delivered the best event we possibly could to you, the loyal PlayStation Home community. And we wanted to make sure that both Canadians and Americans got an ample opportunity to celebrate – hence, Captain Kablooey’s Boombastic Bonanza! Simply head to the Central Plaza on Canada Day (Thursday, July 1st) and/or the 4th of July to participate in the festivities by playing the brand new Independence Day game with your friends, unlocking exclusive rewards (that you’ll have to see to believe), and then using those rewards to unlock progressively bigger and badder fireworks displays for the enjoyment of all onlookers. It’s easily one of the largest and most awesome events we’ve ever thrown — and it will only be available for a limited time — so come out to Central Plaza and show your national pride Home-style.

This week also plays host to some serious updates in the PlayStation Home Mall — with the highly-anticipated Active 8 Apartment UFO (which we’ve heard has a penchant for cattle abductions), new Independence Day-themed items from the Sodium store, full Woody, Jessie, and Zurg costumes from Toy Story 3 (and a bunch of furniture to boot), and tons of Alpha Protocol clothing items (including Michael Thornton, Sie, and Scarlet Lake costumes). So be sure to head to the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday to keep your collection complete with these awesome new items.

See you in Home!

+ TheGuardianFID on June 30th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

Looks awesome Locust as usual, keep it up and thanks!!! 8)

+ DrewskiGuy858 on June 30th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

aaaawwwweeessssoommmmeeee-ness [DELETED].

+ diablo103 on June 30th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

are we ever going to see the Hall of Fame?

+ IcedDice777 on June 30th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Where’s are our personal 3D trophy room and The Hall of Fame room that was supposedly being worked on and coming to HOME? No Hall of Fame, No personal 3D trophy room………NOT bothering making space on my Hdd for HOME.

+ diablo103 on June 30th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

also r there any home benefits for being a PlayStation Plus member?

+ TDWP_DOGBEARD on June 30th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

Come on guys, be grateful that Playstation network and home are both free. Locust and the home team are trying their best to keep this massive, social network up and running. While still dumping out a new space every other week(or so). They need to space out new releases to prevent a crash, and to keep the community checking back.

+ homeboy79 on June 30th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

This is nothing short of fanatastic news!

+ NotoriousGamer on June 30th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

I cant believe you have to pay up for this too. ridiculous. Home is not a free service at all.

+ emiru69 on June 30th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

It will be great to add a weekly movie on Home just for PS+ gamers.

+ HoIlyWoodCeIeb on June 30th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

Wait a minute. You seriously only want to go on home if they add a trophy room? So what, you invite everyone over to show off your trophies and thats all? hahahahha thats probably the funniest thing Ive heard all week. Why dont you just have your friends compare trophies if you want to brag. Man and I thought I had issues LOL Maybe they should just give you the trophy room, and not let you go anywhere else on home, and not let you invite anyone to look at them. keep you trapped in the trophy room for eternity, I mean, seriously you are right, home should just be one giant trophy room with a shrine of your noob avatar

+ Spideywebs on June 30th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

So you have Woody, Jesse, and Zurg outfits, but no Buzz??

The the pay to play model is complete garbage. You guys are pushing people out of Home and will eventually cause it to completely fail.

+ Mattchewie on June 30th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

This is dope…but I still want a bowling lane in my apt :P

+ The_Leducs on June 30th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

Epic! Can’t wait for these new spaces/items.

+ diablo103 on June 30th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

@60 “Maybe they should just give you the trophy room, and not let you go anywhere else on home, and not let you invite anyone to look at them. keep you trapped in the trophy room for eternity, I mean, seriously you are right, home should just be one giant trophy room with a shrine of your noob avatar” To be honest i would be perfectly happy with that.

+ TwisDeaD on June 30th, 2010 at 7:13 pm said:

what is the pricing of this pay-to-play model? anyone know? LS? serveral hours of from the last post, don’t know that i can expect a reply? guess i’ll have to wait & see for myself. After i get off work in the morning :( well i’d better get some rest then!

+ TwisDeaD on June 30th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

oh! times are on Est. ? any replies?

+ redknight355 on June 30th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

Hey Locast_Star, for midway how much are the ticket’s and how many do you get?

+ lilyphoenix on June 30th, 2010 at 8:54 pm said:

Can Canadians living in the US celebrate Canada day? It occurs to me I don’t even know if the Canadian home and US home are different. Or just send me a code for a Canada shirt, eh?

+ retro25 on June 30th, 2010 at 9:55 pm said:

Can’t wait for the Carnival space tommorow and I’ll be at Central Plaza celebrating Canada Day. WOOOOHOOO!!! It’s going to be SWEEEET!!!

+ andXyetXnotXwant on June 30th, 2010 at 10:13 pm said:

would you guys ever considering having a day/night cycle with our apartments or home in general?

maybe make it more localized based on time zones.

it would be really cool to get some use out of the lighting options in my apartment

+ Lucky13X on June 30th, 2010 at 10:45 pm said:

Happy to hear that nighttime is coming to Central Plaza. It is about time. I hope it lastsmore than the holiday.

A little worried about those pay to play options for the Midway space, but if making it to level 10 is the equivalent of spending a bunch of quarters on finally mastering the game to beat that end boss, then it may be okay. At least I hope the prices are omparable to the UK space.

I guess being after midnight Central Time US, I will be finding out in the next few hours.

One question: Any items limited time offer, disappearing the following week, redeem-code only and what-not? Don’t want out like I did on the Move controllers again?

+ Lucky13X on June 30th, 2010 at 11:00 pm said:

@ 34. What is this talk about removing the Warhawk space?

It does seem there is a need for the space if the PS Blog is promoting a Warhawk tournament this weekend. Shouldn’t they use the space to help generate interest in the space and then vice versa in the game?

+ PaperCarrier on July 1st, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

@Lucky13X Yes, according to Locust_Star (Home community specialist) the Warhawk public space is being removed this week. It’s been officially posted in the PlayStation Home General forums.

+ A_Mc_Beer on July 1st, 2010 at 12:58 am said:

Only been on PSN for a few weeks and I (along with a lot of people) really enjoy the hard work you all are putting in, Would say hands down (but ill keep it on the controler) Best gaming experience.

+ KSPRAYDAD on July 1st, 2010 at 6:42 am said:

Going to the Plaza to celebrate Canada Day by participating in Independance Day games as asinine.

Either respect Canada and Canada Day or ignore it completely…but trying to have a Canadian celebrate your party is insulting.

+ JohnnieXY on July 1st, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

I’m having the same issue as 46. I bought the Andy’s Room space and can’t jump on the bed. This was one of the big selling points, other than darts, for the personal space. I’d like to be able to play all mini-games instead of it freezing me and saying the game isn’t available.

+ J273 on July 1st, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

I went to the Midway carnival,let it load up, bought tickets but when i go to play the games it always says “Game is not available at this time” There were other people playing the games.What should i do?

+ KILLA_KING_007 on July 1st, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

playstation home needs improvement. not the content but on the technical side. I waited almost 20 minutes to bowl tonight and nobody was even seated. Then eventually I got booted off w an error message. I heard it was suppose to be some kind of update that was suppose to make the service faster but from my experience its not faster its actually slower. I think its time for a change of staff.

+ ticallion00 on July 1st, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!
HOME USERS MIDWAY GAMES NOT WORKING EVEN WITH PURCHASE OF GREEN TICKET>>PLEASE HOLD OFF UNTIL THIS IS FIXED

HOME DESIGNERS GET ON THIS ASAP THX

+ ticallion00 on July 1st, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

UPDATE SOME PPL HAVE ACCESS TO THE GAME WHEN THEY PURCHASE GREEN TICKET OTHERS DON’T.. ME INCLUDED I PURCHASED IT AN TRIED TO PLAY A GAME..ANY GAME IN MIDWAY AND THE PLAYING GAME FLASHES OVER YOUR HEAD A SECOND AND NADA..

+ ticallion00 on July 1st, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

SO ITS A GAMBLE PPL

+ deadbob777 on July 1st, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

This place SUCKS, I bought a ticket and I recieved no tokens, theres $0.99 down the drain

+ LeoMindfreak08 on July 1st, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

For the risky members of PS+…. any surprise in Home ??

+ pepsiman444 on July 1st, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Okay I was really looking forward to playing these games… Bought tickets. Let’s me play for 2 seconds.. Then exit. Um LS whatvup here?? This is just like andys bed, some can’t some can, fix this!

+ ticallion00 on July 1st, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Glad to see its not just me..hope its fixed soon..cause its in my purchased items log: “green ticket” and I’m unable to use it.. fix or refund guys

+ Madam_EyrnAii on July 1st, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

@#85 *BUMP!*

+ UNIT-TRB on July 1st, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

The midway is great…. those shorts you get from the bell ringer game are saucy…add the sparkler and the fireworks top then poof…instant classic….errrr not.

+ punkwillie on July 1st, 2010 at 9:16 pm said:

I BOUGHT A TICKET FOR THE MIDWAY, BUT IT SAYS “GAME NOT AVAILABLE” EVERY WHERE I GO WHA UP?

+ chris79nc on July 1st, 2010 at 9:42 pm said:

I bought a ticket for the midway games, But it won’t let me play them. What happened? What should I do?

+ granny108 on July 1st, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

Cant seem to get the “free” Darla’s Den, nor can I play any of the games in the midway, when I hit X, hit lets me in the game but then says it’s occupied, even when no one but me is playing, although ive purchased the key and the tickets. Also with Andy’s room can’t jump on bed, I freeze, can someone advise me on what needs to be done….

Granny108

+ austinite04 on July 1st, 2010 at 10:35 pm said:

LS&GW: when are we ever gonna get public voice chat in home?? I am sick of having to type on the chat pad… also, as if home wasn’t expensive enough you guys release a pay to play?? any word on a PS+ user discount if you won’t remove the price model?? like say a game costs $3 to play make it $1.50 for us PS+ users… also, when will our in HOME stereos and tv’s ever do anything, I would also like to have a basketball arcade game in my personal space if I maxed out the rank.. give us some freebies!! This is a horrible time in our country… Not everyone has $$$ to burn on virtual stuff…

+ whiteboy38rams on July 2nd, 2010 at 1:35 am said:

i bought 2 tickets and still nothing , show on my receipts but not on purchases , also can only access the den by going 2 midway way , is that right ?? and if so what happens 2 it if midway is removed in the future , would also like 2 b able 2 add more than 2 active furniture items in my apartments as i bought pool table but had 2 remove ufo 2 put it in my playground apartment as had boom box and ufo already in there

+ ticallion00 on July 2nd, 2010 at 5:21 am said:

Setting the Ps3 display settings–>> aspect ratio to 16:9 fixes the problem of the games not working and the den showing up in your personal spaces tab. It works ppl move display setting on ps3 aspect ratio from 4:3–>>16:9

+ UnholierThanThou on July 2nd, 2010 at 5:46 am said:

OMFG!!! At 0:28 on the first video, that guy has NO pants on (looks like no skivvies, too) and what *appears* to be bush!!! WTF, SONY?!? *retch*

+ pepsiman444 on July 2nd, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

Omg! Thank u but do u have to keep it like this?? I don’t like the way it is on my tv

+ pepsiman444 on July 2nd, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

@93
Reply asap please

+ ticallion00 on July 2nd, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Sorry but that’s the only solution as far as i can see. Whether the solution is a temporary or Permanent one..time will tell. All HDMI TV connections will be fine normal TV’s have to do this as far as I can tell

+ ReddRedson on July 2nd, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

i love the update but im having problems in space i got a ticket but every time the game available i press play and the games stops a says unavailable and no ones else is playing plzzzz help it also happens in the apartment i have ( Andys room ) when i try jumping on the bed.

+ pepsiman444 on July 2nd, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

Redd look up.. And wow this sucks

+ micheal901 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Please can someone tell me y it won’t let play games in midway . I have purchased the green tickets.