Uncharted 4

The Midway Comes to PlayStation Home + Massive Independence Day Event, Alpha Protocol, Toy Story 3 Items & More!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jun 30, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

If you came out to the Los Angeles Convention Center a few weeks back and managed to catch up with GlassWalls and me in the PlayStation E3 Booth (err…complex), chances are you got a glimpse at a new suite of games packed into one convivial space known as Midway. And chances are you asked us when it was going to be released. And chances are we gave you a wink and a sly smile and said “soon.”

It’s funny how quickly “soon” turns to “tomorrow” in the rapidly-growing world of PlayStation Home. As the holiday weekend approaches us (and with it, all those extra hours to play our favorite games), we figured tomorrow would be the perfect time to launch what is easily one of the most epic gaming experiences to ever be released in PlayStation Home.

The Midway — available Thursday, July 1st — launches with 10 games, over a hundred rewards (including the Darla’s Den personal space), and plenty of secrets that you will have to uncover for yourself as you progress through this massive new game space. Simply collect your tickets from the kiosk at the entrance to the Midway and embark on a journey where a new reward is unlocked for every level of every game you master. Hang out in the space for long enough and you can even be rewarded with more plays for your favorite games (or the ultimate bragging rights at the Meet Darla photo booth). You can even collect exclusive arcade-style games like Trigger Happy-in-a-Box for the Darla’s Den personal space! Just enter the hilarious Tele-Porta-Potty in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza to access the Midway when it launches this week.

For a holiday as important as Independence Day, we wanted to make sure we delivered the best event we possibly could to you, the loyal PlayStation Home community. And we wanted to make sure that both Canadians and Americans got an ample opportunity to celebrate – hence, Captain Kablooey’s Boombastic Bonanza! Simply head to the Central Plaza on Canada Day (Thursday, July 1st) and/or the 4th of July to participate in the festivities by playing the brand new Independence Day game with your friends, unlocking exclusive rewards (that you’ll have to see to believe), and then using those rewards to unlock progressively bigger and badder fireworks displays for the enjoyment of all onlookers. It’s easily one of the largest and most awesome events we’ve ever thrown — and it will only be available for a limited time — so come out to Central Plaza and show your national pride Home-style.

This week also plays host to some serious updates in the PlayStation Home Mall — with the highly-anticipated Active 8 Apartment UFO (which we’ve heard has a penchant for cattle abductions), new Independence Day-themed items from the Sodium store, full Woody, Jessie, and Zurg costumes from Toy Story 3 (and a bunch of furniture to boot), and tons of Alpha Protocol clothing items (including Michael Thornton, Sie, and Scarlet Lake costumes). So be sure to head to the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday to keep your collection complete with these awesome new items.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ pepsiman444 on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

People look up

+ footballrule on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

This space is too much fun! I’m addicted to it now! :D

+ HitokiriKenRyu on July 2nd, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Would be nice if the games worked….

+ HoustonTexaz713 on July 2nd, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

Y Cant i Play da Games In Midway N some people can play them is this goin to be fix???

+ ANGEL-OF-DOOM22 on July 3rd, 2010 at 1:04 am said:

I am having trouble with your “Midway” space. Whats happening is I will finish the final 3 levels of “Spilt Milk” and I will leave and when I come back the tickets I used to finsh the level is still the amount of when I left ,but it says I did not complete the final levels. If it is not any trouble I would like the tickets I lost back, because this has happened twice and I keep losing tickets.

+ gene2004 on July 3rd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

I think the midway was a great idea for the july 1st to july 4th festavial events. I would like to thank Playstation Home for making the midway great job guys keep up the good work.

+ MAN-OF-PEACE on July 3rd, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Man I dont like the fact that I paid and all I can enjoy is the
“currently unavailable”sign What is going on!!!!
I see others playing and I cant play anything
I want my 99 cents back
Midway carnival has people like me and I’m pretty sure they are angry as well.
The only thing that can clear my mind is the 4th of JULY that looks like an amazing event

+ pinkfloydfan5150 on July 3rd, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

some of the games will make you replay levels you have already won the prize Spilled milk is one and also sometimes wont give you credit for knocking all bottles off table.another one is the flapper one is another one.Theres also alot of laggyness going on. I hate buying tickets so i can replay levels already won. I love playing there. Its a great place to spend your time. I realize there will be bugs to work out.

+ TimeLord_Doctor on July 3rd, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

I keep hearing about this “Special Prize” that you get for having 25 people with their sparklers on in Central Plaza. I’ve done that several times for ten or more minutes but I didn’t get anything. Any help? What’s the deal with this “prize”?

+ ANGEL-OF-DOOM22 on July 3rd, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

I am waiting for some help with my problem , because I have little money and write now I want my tickets back!

+ ANGEL-OF-DOOM22 on July 3rd, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

I am fed up with midway you owe me 31 tickets 15 from the spilt milk bug and 16 from trigger happy when I was shooting the targets directly and them not getting hit . never put out something with a few bugs left ESPECIALLY when money is envolved!!!!

+ mf_ghost_414 on July 3rd, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

for ppl unable to use their tickets..has anyone tried deleting HOME and re-installing it? just curious. this sucks btw. =/ i knew i couldn’t be alone on the issue.

+ ngcsp on July 4th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

The problem people are having playing the games is due to a 4:3 display bug that is waiting on a fix. In the meantime simply go to your display settings in the XMB and change it to be 16:9 and you will be able to play the games.

+ whiteboy38rams on July 4th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

does anyone know what the last 2 mystery bonus r on midway way , think its for 5000 and 7500 points …

+ MAN-OF-PEACE on July 5th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

well at comment 107
you hear me complaining about the Midway carnival not working
well changing your screen size to 16:9 actually does work!!!!!!

so I hope everyone spreads the word about this!!(^_^)

but seriously I want this screen size problem fixed

+ MAN-OF-PEACE on July 5th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

I didn’t get the 4th of July prize for playing with 25 ppl
Im pretty sure I got enough playing so

NOW Im just curious what is the prize?

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PRIZE IS?????

+ JWSThree on July 5th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

The Gamer’s Lounge is completely unusable for me. Does it work for some people?

+ ark564321 on July 6th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

sounds cool but when i try to update home it just restarts my system? anyone know what’s the problem

+ FreshPrinceBKLYN on July 6th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

Purchased 100 tickets and dindnt receive any what do I do ?

+ bluebird2220 on July 7th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

The Midway does not seem to work for me. I have wasted the $1 to play 50 games, but every time I hit a game it goes to the game but then exits without my permission. Then after it kicks me out, when I go back to play it just says “Game Is Currently Unavailable…”. I am getting tired of this and I want an explanation. I seem to be the only one with this problem. I want my money back if you can’t fix it.

+ ngcsp on July 9th, 2010 at 1:02 am said:

bluebird that sounds like the 4:3 bug that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Try changing your display settings to 16:9 and things should start working. I heard there is a fix on the way for this.

+ bink1fly on July 27th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

can we get some rides at the carnival like bumper cars or something

PAGE 1 2 3