PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Coming to PSN: Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo for PSP

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Jul 02, 2010 // Producer

I have been having a strange urge to walk around with one eye covered, humming hyper-addictive chants looking to impale anything (or anyone) looking to start something… especially two-dimensional-tribal-mask-wearing enemies.

Why the hyper-aggressive musically induced comic mischief rage? Probably from the days I’m spending rocking out the new (very, very new) Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo — now with more multiplayer!

Patapon 3 for PSP

So you say, “What’s so special? Patapon 2 also had multiplayer!”

Well let me enlighten you with a few cool single-eyed-facts (to keep it in theme, I’ll limit them to three):

• Patapon 3 is a whole new chapter in the Patapon saga
  • There are some really cool new characters, including the Superhero Patapon.
  • To experience the awesome multiplayer adventures that lay beyond Patapolis, you’ll have to go through a strange portal called “the internet.”

That’s right. Patapon 3 has entered the interwebz (so to speak), with exciting new adventures that you can play with your friends via a Wi-Fi connection. This demo is but a peephole glimpse into a new world full of larger-than-eye enemies, super stylized eye-watering graphics, and eye-popping excitement.

Patapon 3 for PSP

Patapon 3 for PSP Patapon 3 for PSP

Should I tell you more? Ok, fine. The Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo adventure can be downloaded for FREE on Tuesday, July 6th from the PlayStation Store… exclusively for your PSP.

If you are looking extremely confused and asking yourself, “what is a Patapon?”, here’s a quick recap of the story so far (now I am making squiggly motions with my arms taking you back in time).

The Patapons are an extremely ferocious warmongering tribe, whose only passion is to dance, sing, and pillage their way through the countryside in search of their beloved Earthend. Their adventure is a musical one, where you, as their leader, must lead them into battle with a series of timed-specific commands (attack, move forward, defend, retreat). Each command has a unique sequence (i.e. Circle, Circle, Square, Circle = attack), and each sequence must be entered in-time to the Rhythm of the Earth (an infectious 4/4 beat).

Why not give it a try this coming Tuesday?

PAGE 1 2

+ iggy_ogg on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

how big will the download be?
i’m running a bit low on space ATM

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

Dear iggy_ogg, fret ye not. The price to welcome the Patapons into your home is a paltry 110MB.

Aside from that, have you tried using SONY’s Media Go data manager? You can back up all your downloaded content, music, videos, etc. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/xVfCT

+ kingmuscle on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

i love patapon!!!!! will this demo be transferable in the full game like patapon 2 was?

i cant wait!

+ ninja_tom on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Looks cool, will the demo be available in the UK?

+ GabeP on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

Happy to see it coming back. Love the Patapon series, will definitely be buying this first day.

Awesome job to the developers, you guys rock! Thanks to Sony for giving them a great system to put their creation on for us mere mortals to play with.

+ remanutd5 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

vey happy to see more psp games getting the spotlight here , hope to see AN ACTIVE PSN FRIENDS LIST on the psp someday , gonna try Patapon 3 multiplayer demo

+ DarkOne_PR on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Why not make a Patapon Ps3 version With Online/Offline 4 players Co-Op and Vs Multiplayer, and of Course… TROPHIES! If u do this guys i will love u long time! XD

+ ynp7 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Why isn’t Patapon just a PS3 downloadable game? I don’t want to play Patapon on a portable where I generally play it on the bus or something and don’t even have the sound turned on.

+ dragonmagician on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I love Patapon.

+ BigBoss712 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I sure wish I could play this game on the ps3.

+ Kenshin71 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Should have put this on PSN for PS3. The PSP is sinking fast if the latest NPD results are any indicator.

+ tenshin78 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

PLEASE, can you make it a PS3 game? is that so hard? really?
I love this game, have played a couple of times on a borrowed PSP, but I have no plans for a PSP, I just would never use it, but a PS3 game, hell make the trilogy, that would be a BLAST.
Make it happen, Patapon Trilogy for the PS3, PSN game or HD collection remake on a bluray, whatever it is, we all will purchase it.

+ UNCyrus on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

I love playing Patapon at max volume and taking in all the confused stares from the people around me :)

+ srmej on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

When will we get PATAPON for the PS3!!!

+ crowsticky1234 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

It’s really great to hear about this and it feels like the game is coming out in a month or two.

+ zMd113 on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

Those screenshots look incredible!

+ GooDer_gAMe on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Pata pata pata PON!!

+ xaos on July 2nd, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

I can’t argue with Chris characterizing the Internet as “strange” :P

+ kivi95 on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

#Headset?

+ kivi95 on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

#7

+ sNsKid on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Yes! Patapon is amazing. Kind of wish the games didn’t go PSP exclusive.

+ Ozbendigo on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

i will download this, it would be cool if patapon was for the ps3

+ HotBoyz16 on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

is that the only new demo thats gonna be up?

+ Kchow23 on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

sweet, loved the demos that came with my PSP.. will download for sure

+ oldage9 on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

Please don’t focus all on multiplayer, I play patapon for the singleplayer. :(

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Oh there is single player! So much stuff! I wish I could tell you more but I’ve already said too much!

+ Anti-Steven on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

I understand you have to have some things exclusive to the PSP to encourage people to own that platform. The problem for me is that I can’t stand mobile platforms. I don’t like the tiny screens regardless of what type of games are on them. I really wish the game was a PSN title or even a PS3 retail title even.

P.S. Hey Jeff (if you’re watching) got any advice for someone trying to get into soccer for the first time?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

I don’t know if I can give you tips on getting into soccer… but if you have any tips to cheer me up from Brazil’s loss this morning… I’ll take them T.T

+ Rinaldus91 on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

I’m insanely depressed by how good this game looks. I tried getting into the Patapon series to only find that my horrible timing prevented me from progressing very far into the main storyline. Hope everyone else thoroughly enjoys it, this new installment looks fantastic.

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Rinaldus91, let me bring a ray of sunshine into your day: the timing system is going to work to keep in time with your lack of rhythm. Come out of the corner and give the demo a try! It’s free!

+ TubaDude49 on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

Pon Pon Chaka Chaka!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

+ Mies2000 on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Don,Don-Don,Don-Don!

+ DonnyG on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

I’m very happy right now. Can’t wait for Tuesday!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

+ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

Me too! And I’ll have more info to share then too…

+ jimmyfoxhound on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

YES!!! Cannot wait for Patapon 3!!!

*goes back to playing Hot Shots Tennis: Get A Grip*

+ Stinkinmushroom on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

This will be so awesome, when i saw those 3 seconds of Patapon 3 at the Sony conference, i stood up and screamed : YEAH BABY ! YEAAHHHH! I’m a fan, send a t-shirt lol :p

+ adolson on July 2nd, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

I definitely want a PSN download of Patapon!

Rock Band drum support is optional, but would be kinda cool…

+ banok on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

can’t wait to play the demo, will we get a special item again once we play and beat the demo like the previous 2, it would be cool if there’s like a patapon vs patapon mode

+ RynoDaxter on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

first off YES! cant wait for the demo second question on the final product will it have some sort of transport of the patapon 2 save? like how patapon can transport data to patapon 2 because i spend tons of hours on patapon 2

+ AceBeeDee on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

just wanna say how much i enjoy these games. they certainly are charming. i bought the 1st one used, dowloaded the 2nd, and will definitely be dowloading this new installment. come to think of it, pata2 was my very 1st full game dowload for my PSP!

+ manobon on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Yes! Another infrastructure-multiplayer game! And it’s Patapon!

I really had trouble playing the first one, as there was no pause/countdown-back-into-gameplay feature. Is that going to be a feature in Patapon 3? I understand that would be pretty chaotic on the online-multiplayer mode, but maybe for the single-player experience?

+ Korbei83 on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

There will be no one to play with online, so it’s really no different than Patapon 2, which honestly didn’t get much play. I’m still struggling to get much time in with Peace Walker. Should’ve made it a PS3 game.

+ coolasj19 on July 2nd, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

I Love Patapon
|—————-THIS MUCH—————-|

+ TubaDude49 on July 2nd, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Pon Pon Chaka Chaka
(I’m building up enthusiasm for Tuesday)

+ JetSetFuture on July 2nd, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

You know, I’d dig a PS3 version of Patapon. The art style would really pop in HD.

+ dFUSE on July 2nd, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

I wish this was on playstation 3… in HD…

+ DaMann22 on July 2nd, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

THANK YOU!!! I literally yelled hurray when i saw this post. And then crapped my pants when you said that its going to have infrastructure. THANK GOD too because now i dont have to beg my fiance to play with me. Now just have the patapon2 save game transfer to this one and you have a bonafide hit, also it wont piss me off that much after spending over 100+ hours on Patapon 2.

+ Lerkero on July 2nd, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

What about us single player Patapon fans? I’m probably going to buy the game anyways, but a demo wouldn’t hurt.

+ Kingkatamari on July 2nd, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

Chris, can you tell us if Patapon 3 will keep the traditional style of boss battles? You know, with stagger, item drops, and amazing tunes to par?

I’ve played a lot of the Japanese demo, and I’m very impressed with this one… it might end up as my favorite!

+ Lucky13X on July 2nd, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Great, even MORE of a reason to become more addicted to these games after getting a PSP again recently. What are you doing to me Sony? :-D

+ iron_spy on July 2nd, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

Looks sweet. Still have to finish the first one, those last few missions are HARD. I like a challenge though :)

+ iron_spy on July 2nd, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

Also, forgot to mention this in my earlier comment, but I’d like to know… The trailer for the new game looked WAY too serious for Patapon, please tell me Patapon isn’t going “Bomberman Act Zero” on us :(

+ DOUBLE-_-HELIX on July 2nd, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Wait, does this mean that this multiplayer demo, you can play with others over infrastructure, or with others like ad-hoc?

+ Kuri-Ruu on July 2nd, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, PATAPON 3 *fangirl squee* Hoping to get 120 hours this time!

Hey, just wondering, what about that Patapon 3 teaser we saw at E3? They said we were supposed to get the demo on June 23…what happened? Why didn’t we get it earlier (although those lucky Japanese got it)? :(

+ Ecks on July 2nd, 2010 at 6:09 pm said:

Are we going to get an actual UMD at retail this time, or another empty box?

PAGE 1 2