Minecraft PS4

Coming to PSN: Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo for PSP

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Jul 02, 2010 // Producer

I have been having a strange urge to walk around with one eye covered, humming hyper-addictive chants looking to impale anything (or anyone) looking to start something… especially two-dimensional-tribal-mask-wearing enemies.

Why the hyper-aggressive musically induced comic mischief rage? Probably from the days I’m spending rocking out the new (very, very new) Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo — now with more multiplayer!

Patapon 3 for PSP

So you say, “What’s so special? Patapon 2 also had multiplayer!”

Well let me enlighten you with a few cool single-eyed-facts (to keep it in theme, I’ll limit them to three):

• Patapon 3 is a whole new chapter in the Patapon saga
  • There are some really cool new characters, including the Superhero Patapon.
  • To experience the awesome multiplayer adventures that lay beyond Patapolis, you’ll have to go through a strange portal called “the internet.”

That’s right. Patapon 3 has entered the interwebz (so to speak), with exciting new adventures that you can play with your friends via a Wi-Fi connection. This demo is but a peephole glimpse into a new world full of larger-than-eye enemies, super stylized eye-watering graphics, and eye-popping excitement.

Patapon 3 for PSP

Patapon 3 for PSP Patapon 3 for PSP

Should I tell you more? Ok, fine. The Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo adventure can be downloaded for FREE on Tuesday, July 6th from the PlayStation Store… exclusively for your PSP.

If you are looking extremely confused and asking yourself, “what is a Patapon?”, here’s a quick recap of the story so far (now I am making squiggly motions with my arms taking you back in time).

The Patapons are an extremely ferocious warmongering tribe, whose only passion is to dance, sing, and pillage their way through the countryside in search of their beloved Earthend. Their adventure is a musical one, where you, as their leader, must lead them into battle with a series of timed-specific commands (attack, move forward, defend, retreat). Each command has a unique sequence (i.e. Circle, Circle, Square, Circle = attack), and each sequence must be entered in-time to the Rhythm of the Earth (an infectious 4/4 beat).

Why not give it a try this coming Tuesday?

PAGE 1 2

+ ScorpioN912 on July 2nd, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Awesome!

Please keep the easy mode from Patapon 2 as well, for those of us with slow thumbs :)

+ ldarkfrost on July 2nd, 2010 at 6:54 pm said:

oh! Patapon 3! Didnt take long this time. I remember waiting for Patapon 2… and then buying it and opening the case and finding a card with a code on it… lol! no UMD! great game though almost maybe better than the first XD cant wait for this demo.

Pon Pata Pon Pata! Don Don Don Don Don!

+ Lord_Rinja on July 2nd, 2010 at 7:30 pm said:

I have to agree with Ecks @50. Are we going to get a UMD release on Patapon 3? It should be both on UMD and a Downloadable. Not everyone likes to download games and some prefer it that way. So please give us both options.

+ R-O-Ofaliss on July 2nd, 2010 at 10:24 pm said:

Wow, and it was just Tuesday when people wouldn’t shut up with the, “Where’s the Patapon 3 demo!? :’(“, and here it is. I wish you people would shut up and be patient, then you won’t look like idiots, when things get announced 3 days later!

Didn’t really like the past Patapon’s, but I’ll give this a go, everythings better when, “the internet”, is involved!

+ mickie__5 on July 3rd, 2010 at 4:04 am said:

Wow, so I in Japan can play with worldwide player?
I wish it come.

+ barkingspace on July 3rd, 2010 at 5:30 am said:

DON CHAKA!

This is awesome news!
I’m looking forward to Tuesday!

+ Jackal888 on July 3rd, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

I loved Patapon. Never played Patapon 2 is it too late or is there a good reason to get P2 then play Patapon 3?

+ villdoc on July 3rd, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

IM THERE!!!!

+ coolish101 on July 3rd, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

Question: Is there limited time on long we can play this demo online or something.

+ Kixx_MKIII on July 3rd, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

You people need to seriously stop complainin bout it being on the ps3. Would it be nice? yes, but the psp is the best hand-held device on the market. Not only do I play the games, but Its become my personal MP3 player, and i can search basically , what I really need on the internet, I mean the possibilities for the lil hand-held is simply amazing. I didn’t see this much plead when Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was on the psp? so why should Patapon be any differnet?

Great job guys making the game, Ill be looking forward to seeing it on my psp in the future, Do keep us updated.

+ greek2011 on July 3rd, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

Awesome!!!!! best patapon game yet!! next thing ya know is its going to be patapon 3-D!

+ battenfield97 on July 4th, 2010 at 12:42 am said:

Man I love my PS3 but I’ve gone through 2 PS3′s the first burnt up becuase my brother left it on then on my second the graphics went out I tried all of your sugestions but none of them work “OKAY NOW EVERYBODY MUST THINK I HATE PS3 BUT I LOVE IT……” “I HAVE 2 PS1′S AND 3 PS2′S AND 2 PSP’S AND 2 BROKEN PS3′S……..” ” I JUST WISH I WISH I COULD GET MY PS3 WORKING AGAIN PLEASE HELP ME………” “I WANT MY PS3 FIXED PLEASE……”

“PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE READ THIS…………..”

+ nmccall on July 4th, 2010 at 2:44 am said:

I hope it gets a US UMD release. Otherwise, I’ll just import this one, too. Buying downloads is a waste of money.

+ spudwrench73 on July 4th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Jackal888, you never played Patapon 2??? Its great, flying patapons lol. I think it’s on sale at the PSN store for like $7.99 right now.

Pon Pon Chaka Chaka

+ churchboy16 on July 5th, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

Like the Patapon series & all…but 1 question, this is pertained to the demo release factor…… when will “All” of the E3 demos that were displayed at E3 be released on PS3 & PSP????? very anxious……..PLZ reply.

+ moe1358 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Ok I Love Patapon I have Both games I dont see this Demo in the Playstation Store can Someone help

+ happyface4 on July 5th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

I L-O-V-E Patapon! In the first two installments I was on a nonstop onslought through those missions with my crazy awesome army! I am totally going to get this game the day it comes out!!!

P.S:Thank you for the REAL date the demo comes out. I was searching for the demo in the past two weeks because someone gave false release dates, and I got angry>.<

P.S.S: I hope to see you all in the Pataverse! long live Patapon!!!

+ darkyriestudios on July 5th, 2010 at 8:54 pm said:

you have inspired me to make a game so much like patapon that ive planned to make one. its called darkyie for the psp. the way the details and little gears look so cool on a small screen. i didnt know u could turn stick figures and 2d gaming into something so good.and so ive planned to make a game where you take your hero anywhere lv him up and take down the briax.a storyline in which may take 3 years in the making with more than 400 levels it would be crazy not to give it a try.

+ pataman3 on July 6th, 2010 at 2:58 am said:

it’s 6:00 a.m. 7/6 not out yet

+ yunapr on July 6th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

PRETTTYYY PLEASEE TELL ME THE DEMO IS OUT SO I CAN DOWNLOAD IT AFTER WORRRKKK PLEAAAASSSSEEE

+ portugalman on July 6th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

It still hasn’t come,and its already the 6th today :S

+ pataman3 on July 6th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

why isn’t it out yet it’s the sixth

+ darkyriestudios on July 6th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

its 2pm. why is it not out?

+ etrini on July 6th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

give it some time

+ darkyriestudios on July 6th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

what time is it released for the demo?!!!

+ julharry on July 6th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

it will be released when the store is updated probably between 3 and 5 pst

+ angel728 on July 6th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

its 4:oo I hope its out soon ^^’

+ SkyfireZX on July 6th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

The demo is OUT! its really fun

+ K72ATO5 on July 7th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

anyone playing patapon 3 online

+ angel728 on July 7th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

patapon 3 is a great demo..but i dont know how to save(items)+ not much people online anymore

+ janelvalle on July 8th, 2010 at 4:31 am said:

How can I download it? ;___;
I tried to find it at Playstation store thingy~ at my PSP
but I can;t Find the patapon 3 Demo! TT3TT