Far Cry 4

ModNation Monday: Sweet Tooth Strikes Back

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Jul 05, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

ModNation Racers: ModNation Monday

Greetings everyone! Ramone here with another ModNation Monday update.

Ice Cream Anyone?

ModNation Racers for PS3 -- Sweet Tooth

You already know that Sweet Tooth is hitting the PS3 in 2011. But before he causes havoc in the next Twisted Metal, he’s going to warm up in ModNation Racers. Who wants to drive as the original crazy clown of car combat?

ModNation Racers for PS3 -- Sweet ToothModNation Racers for PS3 -- Sweet Tooth

The “official” Sweet Tooth Mod and his deliciously deadly Ice Cream Kart hit PSN together this week for $1.99.

Mods of the Week

Creator Name: MrMoustache

ModNation Racers for PS3

Track Name: Coliseum Climb
Creator Name: MrMoustache

ModNation Racers for PS3

MNR Creations of the Week
Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handiwork on the PlayStation.Blog.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

• Monday: Alpine Drop
  • Tuesday: Rumble Island
  • Wednesday: Crazy Crater
  • Thursday: Island Dash
  • Friday: Sinkhole
  • Saturday: Citadel Heights
  • Sunday: Breakwater

ModNation Racers for PS3 -- Sweet Tooth

More news to come on the next ModNation Monday. See you in the ModSpot!

108 Comments

+ angelspawn77 on July 5th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

BOUGHT!

+ korchie44 on July 5th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

I’m not really into Twisted Metal, but the mod and kart look great!! Nice work guys :)!

…hoping for the region lock to be removed soon :)

+ zekececil14 on July 5th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

OMG I submitted this idea to share but it never got posted, i also tried to make my own but when i wanted to name it sweet tooth it said it was reserved, i saw this coming!

+ Superstrokey1123 on July 5th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Hope the patch comes soon, mine is getting ready to sell this back as the load times are killing it for me. Sorry to complain but please hurry on it.

+ GGod0 on July 5th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

@54 do you realize how long it can take to make a patch?
Especially for a game with 3 content creators?

+ goatowski on July 5th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

marvel characters like LBP please? Themed tracks (marvel and other ps3 classics) w/ usable parts would also be awesome.

+ goatowski on July 5th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Check out my mods too.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 5th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

Awesome, I’m getting the game today, can’t wait. Are the loading times patched already?

+ Dusk83 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Cool!

+ Stui_R on July 5th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

Ice scream over region lock

+ moriarty1975 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

@55

The patch is done. Its been in testing for the last week. I dont think theres anything wrong with people asking when its ready to go live.

+ rapture22 on July 5th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

I really wish they would offer the Pre-order bonus mods and karts on the store to buy. This Sweet Tooth looks amazing but I still want Kratos and Drake.

+ Sw1tch on July 5th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

How about you release the damn patch so I can play the game I bought instead of milking the game already..

+ xiked on July 5th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

HI!

Great to see MNR updates!

I have a request for the patch!

Can you fix the handling of the car when you drive straight. It has a strange feeling when you try to just go strait on the track. It is very hard to NOT hit the wall on either side. The handling must be improved. The only good thing whit the handling is drifting. PLZ fix it!

+ wolfzero1 on July 5th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Sweet Tooth looks pretty sweet

how about getting the ModNation trophies added to the US Playstation site, as they are still not showing up when I go to the site to check my trophy list, even though I’ve earned them

+ babasako on July 5th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Cool!Sweet tooth looks great!

+ KidCommando on July 5th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

fun game, the load times just kill the experience for me though. :(

+ Nivek245 on July 5th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

Sweet tooth looks awesome!!! Im gonna have to get this game

+ GGod0 on July 5th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

Continuing from where i left off, one more thing, dont you people have other games you can play while you wait for a patch? Or did you sell those for $5 each to get ModNation? Now I’m done, at least until next Monday.

+ Hunter_xx_ on July 5th, 2010 at 6:02 pm said:

when we will see those preorder characters?, not everyone live in the US and has a chance to preorder

+ fuzzyclutter on July 5th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

yeah if your having disconnects that often STILL its your connection , dont get me wrong , iv had disconnects myself … not as frequent… but they are going away , also folks … the staff that maintaines the servers ARE NOT the same staff that make DLC .

+ Fire_Crazed on July 5th, 2010 at 6:54 pm said:

OMG how epic sweet tooth and my mod mentioned in the same blog…. *jumps for joy*

+ phinnv8 on July 5th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

It’d be nice to get an update on a possible patch. The load times are just too long for me to get into this game until its patched.

The most insulting one is the initial load screen before even the videos that you can’t skip. I’ve *NEVER* seen a game have a load screen before even the intro developer videos. And you can’t even skip those!!!

+ EmperorLawlight on July 5th, 2010 at 9:12 pm said:

So, where’s the promised patch? Fix what’s broken first before adding new stuff please.

+ Permafry_42 on July 5th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

i refuse to be playing the game until you release a patch. the only times my account was used to play was when my brothers have played, and until you release the patch i will not be playing the game.

+ GGod0 on July 5th, 2010 at 10:56 pm said:

@74 & 75 read my 3 posts and 71

+ WhiteF8ng on July 6th, 2010 at 12:13 am said:

Sooo Sweet Tooth huh? I can dig it. But what is up w/ the top 3 mods and karts? Is it chosen at random? If so, then at least there’s some fairness in that.

I’m all for the DLC but it’s not lessening the blow of not having a “full” patch. We see u guys are making effort to improve our gaming experience even to go so far as banning cheaters (although not a long enough one imo). It’ll be nice to know what exactly are u guys trying to fix beside loading times. Because those aren’t even an issue for me. I barely wait 20 secs before the race loads.

So what exactly is taking so long???

Oh I almost forgot: We kinda got the cold shoulder on the create piece (silly seat #14)… Just wondering if u guys were planning on addressing that at some point?

+ mellosince86 on July 6th, 2010 at 12:59 am said:

i just want to know since there aint no post about it when call of duty: modern warfare’s resurgence map pack going to hit. If it aint this is some bull and i’m taking my business to xbox.

+ VV_Argost on July 6th, 2010 at 2:06 am said:

people just whine too much about the patches
honestly this looks like a good pack! and i might get it

+ moriarty1975 on July 6th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

@78

MW2 map pack gets released 6th july in the u.s, 7th of july in europe.

1.11 patch is live now. double xp and barebones playlist out too.

+ gamepunk86 on July 6th, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

to those people that exclaim how long it is to make a patch for this game: who cares! they made this game with long load times then promised soon after launch to have a patch. if it takes so long why do they keep saying soon? i’m sorry i really like this game and i’m not going to sell it back at all but its just an annoying thing having to wait for the game to load then wait even longer for them to tell the truth.

+ NoobianGod on July 6th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

This is such a GREAT game! I highly recommend it to any still on the fence.

+ mellosince86 on July 6th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

thanks 80

wat time thou

+ SuperSpecs on July 6th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Yay! My Kart got picked, I feel so vindicated.

+ moriarty1975 on July 6th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

@85

Whatever time the store usually updates in your region. In europe it’ll be between 3 & 4pm.

+ rhymeboyg on July 6th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

I think most of us are waiting for the patch and they only release something that they can make money out of.

RELEASE THE PATCH FIRST AND DO THE BLOODY DLC!
Some people are saying loading time isn’t that bother them but almost 50% of us who bought this game are suffering from loading time.

I wonder if they ever going to release the patch.

+ kidmagic999 on July 6th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

the mods are bbbbeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssstttttttt.the second 1 is cooler

+ xiked on July 6th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

I have a huge request United Front!

Please make the driving a better experience! Right know the drifting is the only good thing whit the driving. When you are on a straight driving line it is hard to steer right or left. It is way to sensitive and awkward…

PLEASE!

A reply would be nice!

+ moriarty1975 on July 6th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

@88

Have you tried changing the kart settings?

+ andSpark on July 6th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

Sweet Tooth Rules!

+ Perish_Song on July 6th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

@88: You can’t have both high steering and high drift since they are on the same bar. It sort of balances out the driving. If that’s your problem and you want a nice balance the default handling is just fine.

+ UNIT-TRB on July 6th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

The MOD and Kart do not come with parts?!?…WTF

Why do we need an official version? of anything…..

if they do come with parts what are they…..?

+ DeathsMom on July 6th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

I wish the region lock issue would be addressed. I can’t play with some Eur friends in any capacity. There were rumors that this might be fixed. LBP allows global friends to join, co-op and create together. The glitchers are annoying, how can a Hot Lap track be completed in under 10 seconds? This makes it impossible for the rest of us to get top 10% trophy. The AI at times is flawed, race starts, pass one set of pods but AI car launches a level 2 weapon. The load times can be arduous but if other issues are dealt with, I could deal with slow load.

+ Hooligantuan on July 6th, 2010 at 7:20 pm said:

I don’t like that the Sweet Tooth set does not explicitly state what creation components are gained when you purchase the content.

This should *always* be very *prominently* outlined in the PS Store and elsewhere. It’s more important than the carbon copy blurb that’s trying to sell us ModNation Racers.

+ Hooligantuan on July 6th, 2010 at 7:38 pm said:

Welp, after some research, I have learned that the Sweet Tooth Mod and Kart does not provide the player with parts for use in his own mod and kart creations.

That means if you wanted those little guns on the kart or that wicked clown mask on the mod, you do not get access to them for your own creations. You only get the ready-made mod and kart.

That’s less functionality for more money than the stellar UFG creations previously released. Buyer beware.

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on July 6th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

Update the PSN Sony! Your a joke! This is why 360 is kicking your a$$!..Childish junk for kids on PlayStation Network!..You still haven’t added what we want!-1 CROSS GAME CHAT!2. A BETTER WAY TO COMMUNICATE WHEN WERE NOT ON OUR PS3′s AS WELL AS BROWES EVEN WHEN WERE IN CHAT ROOMS AND LISTEN ALL MUSIC IN ALL OUR GAMES! A LONGER FRIENDS & BAN LIST DAMN IT I’M SICK OF YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE SONY! AND WHATS THE DEAL WITH KIDS TAKING OVER THE PSP MARCUS RIVERS IS AN ANNOYING BRAT! SHUT THE HELL UP KIDS!/ MARCUS RIVERS! YOUR A JOKE! YOU SPOILED BRAT!

+ wolfzero1 on July 6th, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

It really would be nice if you guys could address the glitching that goes on with the Hot Lap. There is no way for anyone to be able to get the top 10% trophy because a few morons have been able to cheat & post lap times that are under 1 sec. stuff like that really ruins the game for everyone else.

+ J-DANG on July 6th, 2010 at 10:08 pm said:

why are there no parts for the sweet tooth costumes???? that’s the only reason i bought the damn costume…..such a waste of money!

+ Maluraq on July 8th, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

@ironbuttchecky

Load times are a problem, agreed.

Friends SHOULDN’T join XP races, the system should choose opponents for fairness. All games with ranking should be that way.

The hot laps obviously have problems. I don’t play them.

And in case you missed it, the weapons are *supposed* to work like that. They even commented on it in the reviews leading up to the game launch. Level 3 weapons are very powerful. That said, if you stopped boosting, you could use shield instead.

+ Sly_08 on July 8th, 2010 at 9:36 pm said:

I’m still waiting for a Back To The Future hovering DeLorean as DLC. That would be the most awesome DLC ever.

Also:
UFG, as a ModNation fan, and a creator, I have a request I would like to make for you guys to put in the next patch if possible please.

This request goes as follows:
Give us a higher Zoom level when making stickers on Karts/Mods (especially Karts) please.
The highest zoom in Picture mode should be the same for Sticker mode or even higher! Now, when making a shape very, very small, you can barely see, or totally not see, where the shape is. If you were to zoom in with photo mode, you can detect it however.

So I don’t understand why picture mode has a higher zoom than the stickering. It is REALLY annoying and a lot of people on the ModNation board of Gamefaqs.com would also like to have this.