PS4 - Destiny

Qore Episode 26: Killzone 3, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, & PlayStation Move

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Jul 05, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

The July episode of Qore’s got action, adventure, motion, and Osaka!

First, the action of Killzone 3. The game’s only in a pre-Alpha state and already looks fantastic! Veronica Belmont spoke with Guerrilla Games’ managing director and co-founder Hermen Hulst, and senior producer Steven ter Heide, about how they’ll raise the bar for the sequel. You’ll definitely want to see how the jetpacks look in full HD.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom is a unique-looking action/adventure from the creative minds at Game Republic, the Japanese developer of Genji and Folklore. The developers sought inspiration from Czech and Russian anime, and blended aspects of many diverse cultures from around the globe to create a fantastic yet familiar world where teamwork is key.

With the PlayStation Move hitting stores in just a few months, Veronica got some quality time with its creator Dr. Richard Marks for an in-depth look at how the technology works. Dr. Marks also shows off some cool tech demos that will further illustrate how this will create new opportunities for innovative game play.

We also kick off a new feature this month exploring various locales around the world from a gamer’s perspective. We begin with Osaka, Japan – home to Capcom – to experience the modern urban vibe full of some surprising culinary traditions. Inspired by the unusual consumer package design found in Japan, the Qore team’s produced a hilarious interactive feature that allows you to create (and save) your own Osaka-inspired PlayStation 3 cover designs.

Audrey Cleo previews the newest Blu-ray movie releases, along with this month’s spotlight on “American” films in celebration of last weekend’s Independence Day.

All purchasers also receive a PS3 Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom theme.

Look for Episode 26 on the PlayStation Store tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ mauaus on July 5th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

beyond weak.

+ Yuengman24 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

At least Qore is still giving out some free stuff, even though it’s just a theme, with the arrival of Playstation Plus and all

+ mrpaulryan on July 5th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Will this be free for Playstation Plus subscribers, or does that start later?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

Each month’s single episode of Qore will be available to PlayStation Plus subscribers starting tomorrow when Qore – Episode 26 becomes available.

+ Stoffinator on July 5th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

This is part of PSN Plus is it not?

+ Enigmatech on July 5th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

So us Plusers get Qore for free when..? Or is it not?

+ adolson on July 5th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

I’d still like to know if Canadian Plus members get Qore, regardless of if it starts this month or next..

+ Crankitup_01 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Yeah, I thought this was part of PSN+
Was disappointed when I checked the PS Store and it wasn’t a part of it.

+ KIT-_-KAT on July 5th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

i have a year and doesnt end til september, but i also bought PS+. Will i still get those 3 months later??

+ ATOMS11 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

I hope Qore has a few surprises for us!

+ coolasj19 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

ACK !
I need to watch this months episode still !!!

+ echogridlock on July 5th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

Im not renewing my subscription. After two years, im very disappointed with this service for having videos and interviews that have been priviously available on the PSBlog and PSN before the episode went live. The best example of this was Uncharted 2. Most of the interviews found in this episode of qore were avalable on the blog and for download on the PSN.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

I disagree with you. The video features are original to each Qore episode. We had an exclusive interview with Naughty Dog’s Amy Hening and an exclusive feature about the soundtrack recording at world famous Skywalker sound. These were not provided to PSN or the blog before.

It’s also important to remember the Qore provides HD video and the game previews are one of the best ways to see how a game actually looks on a big screen. Certainly you can see game videos on internet site more immediately, but we’re proud of the way Qore presents the game in HD resolution.

+ SPOOKULA209 on July 5th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

question, if I already paid for Qore about 3 months ago and now I have PSN+, do I get a refund or some bonus since I bought both? I doubt I get a response but I am curious since I paid $75 to have the same thing everyone else has.

+ KingSilas on July 5th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

an average episode.
killzone 3 sounds awesome and i like interviews with developers (if it is are good).
but for the rest, im not sure. this majin thing sounds lame, maybe because i hate such games.
the move interview wont be that exciting. i guess itll be more faked promo telling us how innovative, new, casual & hardcare and family friendly it is… boring.
the new feature sounds boring too. come on, i dont want to pay 27$ to see you “exploring various locales around the world”. what is this, NatGeo (gamer edit)?! lame. i want more inside looks and interviews or dev diaries.
and again, im an annual subscriber. i did that to get some cool betas, demos, games dyn. themes and so on each month and now all i get is this thdme everyone gets?! sony, seriously??!!
why dont we get the prealpha e3 kz3 demo, that would show us that sony appreciates that we payed a lot for an annual subcribtion and that sony cares about us. it only does everything… …except good qore episodes.

+ BEASTXJASON on July 5th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

Tell capcom to make monster hunter for the ps3.

+ SpyDudeFX on July 5th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

@12 no refunds/prorated credits are being offered.

Qore should be available to Plus subscribers tomorrow, Jack Tretton said July which is why we didn’t get June’s episode. Hope we get the dynamic themes tomorrow too.

+ BlooodyCow on July 5th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

This would be like the 5th episode in a row I will not be downloading. My I wasted $30 subscribing to this crap. Thank God for Playstation Plus

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

For the record, Qore is $ 24.99 for 13 episodes. Not $ 30.

+ krae_man on July 5th, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

I’ve been a Qore subscriber since day one and I have a question regarding PSN Plus.

I have been extremly dissatisfied with the second year of Qore. There has been a complete lack of any early access demos or free downloadable games.

Now with the release of PSN plus, it seems clear that this content was removed from Qore in anticipation of PSN Plus.

I am really upset that this decision was made without warning me first. Nowhere in my renewal Email I recieved about a year ago did it say there was a change in policy regarding downloadable content provided with Qore.

I think it was reasonable for me to expect the same level of content as was provided in the first year and that did not happen.

The right thing to do is offer all annual Qore subscribers a discount for PSN Plus.

So far, I have yet to see any specific statement on the issue. So are you going to make one and do something for us or not?

P.S. Any Qore sunscriber with more then one issue left should also be offered a prorated credit to be applied to a PSN Plus subscription. It’s just the right thing to do.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

krae_man,

I know you’ve been very vocal about your dissatisfaction with the second full year of Qore. While we were not able to provide the same number of bonus games, we did strive to provide a variety of content in the second year.

Here’s a brief tally to compare the last two years:

First Full Year (June 2008-June 2009):
    Themes 12
    Dynamic Themes 0
    Beta invites 3
    Demos 6
    Add-ons 1
    Games* 3

Second Full Year (July 2009-July 2010):
    Themes 18
    Dynamic Themes 1
    Beta invites 2
    Demos 4
    Add-ons 4
    Games* 1

We really don’t agree that it’s as bad as you characterize and we’ve done our best to expand the video features to include deeper previews and more insight into the game coverage.

Also, we’ve increased the interactive nature of each episode to get you closer to the games we cover. I hope you’ll download the show and check it out unlike BlooodyCow who hasn’t taken the opportunity to take advantage of his/her subscription.

+ BulletTooth228 on July 5th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

i wish that Veronica would let loose a bit more and dress nicer like Christina Lee does..

they’re both cute but Christina beats Veronica by a mile by wearing those nice pumps and supa sexy dresses..

Just a thought…

+ hxa155 on July 5th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

looks like its gonna be a great episode

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

hxa155,

Thanks for the support. We hope you did the features and check out the box creator!

+ robertmc8 on July 5th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

I don’t think be that great worth renewing at this time this my last Episode. I think I will wait to renewal for July unless I pass unless something big going happen with qore this fall.

+ Stoffinator on July 5th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Why don’t we ever get replies to the important questions?

+ Justp94 on July 5th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Hmmm Here is a question… when is the next FREE edition of Qore?

+ milton350z on July 5th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

When do we get the killzone 3 demo? Or do we not get it at all?

+ Waleed_ on July 5th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

I WANT killzone 3 info now

+ Kirkpad on July 5th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

I like how this is supposed to be coming with PS+, but the post makes no mention of it. Furthermore, there were bonuses that only were given to Qore annual subscribers. Will PS+ users be treated like monthly buyers? Or like annual loyalists?

It would be pretty funny if they asked us to subscribe to Plus AND Qore just to get the annual Qore bonuses. Then again, it sounds like there AREN’T any bonuses for buying a year anyways (judging by the above comments).

+ Carl-G on July 5th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

I am in LOVE with Veronica Belmont :P

+ AAAChampions on July 5th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

does the playstation plus way into qore count as an annual subscription? this will matter to if i subscribe to either. just wanted to know. thanks.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:48 pm said:

PlayStation Plus subscribers have access to the single monthly episodes of Qore. They are not receiving an annual Qore subscription.

+ xuipid on July 5th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

LOL at anyone who wasted money on Qore!

+ krae_man on July 5th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

Shameless idea pimping:

Make your voice be herd.

+ BigRon3400 on July 5th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

So I get this free because I have Playstation Plus, right?

+ Sub-Zero on July 5th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Qore supa sucks.

+ ClinToN on July 5th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

How the hell are people reviewing the episode when it hasn’t even been released yet? The nonsense of some people…

I haven’t followed Forsaken Kingdom much but I’m looking forward to hearing more about it. More Killzone 3 is always a good thing for me.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:50 pm said:

ClinTon,
    It always amazes me how folks criticize the show without even seeing it.

Thanks for the support.

+ JoeDierte on July 5th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

@xuipid

sadly i agree with you.

ps plus is a service appearing as new. it`s really what Qore was supposed to be. lol

+ cfountain on July 5th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

i hope we PS+ members get this tomorrow.

+ Zezzler on July 5th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

I Really hope I get this because i am part of PS+

+ TheHakku on July 5th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Did she really say Qore Rapport instead of Qore Report? Y’know, there is a T there.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on July 5th, 2010 at 6:54 pm said:

I think Veronica might be a fan of Stephen Colbert and this is an homage to his brilliance. Just a theory and we’ll ask her about it at the next production meeting.

+ CDubyahS on July 5th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

“collison” theme for PSB plus is a dynamic theme-its like a mood ring. in the morning i see blue, at night purple. stop complaining and check out the current content, including qore 26 whixxh is awesome. killzone 3d. neat. free.

+ morris1129 on July 5th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

@The price you pay for being an early adopter. I bought an ipod touch for 199.99 then it went on sale a month later for 179.99. can i go back to walmart and say i need a itunes giftcard for 20.00 or my 20.00 back?? NO!

+ M3wThr33 on July 5th, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

I don’t think Sony fully recognizes the significance of this issue.

The first year of Qore was 13 issues, the renewal was 12, so this makes this the first issue outside of the first re-subscription.

This means that the onus is on Sony to pull us back in with a renewal offer, be it a discount, game, DLC, or even a DYNAMIC theme, instead, we get a ‘create-your-own-cover’ program and another promo-theme. And there’s NO annual subscriber bonus? Nothing?

Year 1 ended with a free PS1 copy of Spyro, along with HVBowling, Linger in Shadows and Syphon Filter. EVERY MONTH had either those, or a demo or beta.
Year 2 of Qore was beyond disappointing. It had 2 betas, 1 demo and 1 new PSN game, which anyone can ‘finish’ in 10 minutes.
While the magazine’s content is great, half the other selling point is the bonus content.

Don’t get me wrong. I loved the feature on Green Day Rock Band and loved the quiz, too. But if it just boils down to videos of Veronica and Audrey, it just doesn’t seem like it is worth my money. But you can get video interviews anywhere for free. And Pulse does a fine job of telling me what’s coming up and that comes out twice as often, for free.

+ Lazi-man on July 5th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

I subscribed to Qore for the free games, demos, and awesome stuff 7 months ago. Have yet to get my moneys worth. We need more free games. Please. PJ Racers Please :D

+ Jeigh on July 5th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

It’s funny. Now that I have PS+, I actually care about Qore. Hurray for Qore! (I’ll probably be complaining alongside the rest of these guys once I’m in the groove- just give me a bit.

Oh, and give them SOMETHING for their Qore subscriptions. I’m not even a subscriber and I feel like I’m getting second-hand slapped-in-the-face. Give them a free avatar or dynamic theme or some sort of sign of goodwill. Sony can at times have a habit of ignoring the long run when it comes to customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty was the only thing that saved the PS3 when it first launched.

+ footballrule on July 5th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

I hope PS Plus will be getting this tomorrow! :D

+ NoobHunter91 on July 5th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

when does the qore service start for ps plus? At E3 Tretton said we will get it… Oh well i don’t wanna be too greedy but yeah im hoping it starts on the second month

+ krae_man on July 5th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

@M3wThr33 I think you’re mistaken. This episode is the last one of year two. Year two is 13 episodes as well. I’ll bet any money the episode will be in your download list tomorrow when the store publishes.

+ CDubyahS on July 5th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

nope its not a 13 epi subscription it aint in my download list, june was, thats why I joined psn plus 15 months of qore worth more than $25. add wipeout and the deals i got on mahjong, tales of monkey island, and trine, and psn plus is a steal! and i got phat avatars! keep it up sony!

+ kirat_diehard on July 5th, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

I want killzone 3

+ KidCommando on July 5th, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

Why don’t you mention anything in your post about PS+ subscribers and if this episode is included in the new service?

I guess that information would have been too helpful to your customers.

+ tagout on July 5th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

I’m disappointed in Sony. I paid $25 for Qore, which is nothing but lame interviews with cheap themes, and lame PSN games.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. There’s no way I’m ever subscribing to Qore again or PS+.

+ GAM3R_16 on July 5th, 2010 at 6:48 pm said: