PS4-The Order

Qore Episode 26: Killzone 3, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, & PlayStation Move

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Jul 05, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

The July episode of Qore’s got action, adventure, motion, and Osaka!

First, the action of Killzone 3. The game’s only in a pre-Alpha state and already looks fantastic! Veronica Belmont spoke with Guerrilla Games’ managing director and co-founder Hermen Hulst, and senior producer Steven ter Heide, about how they’ll raise the bar for the sequel. You’ll definitely want to see how the jetpacks look in full HD.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom is a unique-looking action/adventure from the creative minds at Game Republic, the Japanese developer of Genji and Folklore. The developers sought inspiration from Czech and Russian anime, and blended aspects of many diverse cultures from around the globe to create a fantastic yet familiar world where teamwork is key.

With the PlayStation Move hitting stores in just a few months, Veronica got some quality time with its creator Dr. Richard Marks for an in-depth look at how the technology works. Dr. Marks also shows off some cool tech demos that will further illustrate how this will create new opportunities for innovative game play.

We also kick off a new feature this month exploring various locales around the world from a gamer’s perspective. We begin with Osaka, Japan – home to Capcom – to experience the modern urban vibe full of some surprising culinary traditions. Inspired by the unusual consumer package design found in Japan, the Qore team’s produced a hilarious interactive feature that allows you to create (and save) your own Osaka-inspired PlayStation 3 cover designs.

Audrey Cleo previews the newest Blu-ray movie releases, along with this month’s spotlight on “American” films in celebration of last weekend’s Independence Day.

All purchasers also receive a PS3 Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom theme.

Look for Episode 26 on the PlayStation Store tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ rasengan360 on July 6th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

man today is gonna be a good update, monkey island 2 special edition, resurgance map pack, naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 demo today, family feud and tons of other stuff i dont no about

+ Jokor on July 6th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

@mellowsince86

I was just at the Playstation Store. Still no update.

+ Jokor on July 6th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Anyone else waiting for their July episode of Qore and the MW2 Resurgence Map Pack?

If you are, please raise your hand… >:)

+ LegendaryPhoenix on July 6th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

It’s amazing how everyone here has nothing better to do than sit here all day and complain about anything and everything. Maybe you should all, I don’t know, GO OUTSIDE and do something productive.

+ mafecto on July 6th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

en Furuichi, you are my new hero!

No, seriously though, I love how you’re not taking any crap from these whiners and there disgusting sense of entitlement. I’ve never been a subscriber, though I’ve purchased maybe 10 or so episodes over the past two years.

Personally, I’ve found nearly every episode that I’ve seen to be, at the very least, completely worth the measley $3 they cost.

Thanks for standing up and showing some [DELETED]. The immaturity of some of the people that post here is getting ridiculous.

+ Zeion1 on July 6th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Wow, sounds great I’ll definitely be buying this.

+ jeffsmither on July 6th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I have Qore subscription (got it when ModNation Racers bata was giving out) and Just got PSN+. So I wasted $25 on this, if PSN+ gets it free too?

+ SarshelYam on July 6th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Ha, wow Kevin…I don’t know why but I have this extreme visual of you putting on the fatigues and combat gear before heading to the blog to make your replies. I don’t blame you though. When there’s animosity here it’s like you’re personally responsible for murdering the commenter’s new-born kittens.

On a serious note, I’ve been rather happy with my QORE subscription…albeit hesitant to delete a single issue. Do you think you could suggest a backup option for these at your next production meeting? I don’t really want to download these again if I decide to delete them for room, and having a convenient backup would be grand. Maybe it’s just the OCD in me, but I have a folder filled with the first year and everything released so far…you can imagine it takes up quite a bit of space per episode.

Anyhow, keep up the great work and pass along an enthusiastic “kudos” to all the ladies on the team. Audrey and, in particular, Veronica have really grown into their roles and seem far more passionate about the project than they once had.

+ ry141 on July 6th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

i have PSN+ do i get this for free?

+ Nimoy on July 6th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

If you bought an annual subscription to PSN+, you are getting the monthly issues of Qore for free. If you haven’t bought an annual subscription to Qore, then you don’t get the bonuses that come with it. Quite simple, really.

+ gordjt on July 6th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

Everyone on this blog is completely forgetting that Qore isn’t just about the free game downloads and demos you get…but about the journalism and behind the scenes look at new games. All these comments about not getting enough free stuff are getting out of hand. That’s not what it’s all about!

Props to Qore and it’s staff for awesome gaming coverage!

+ CapinChronic on July 6th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

I love Qore and I check it out every month I’m super stoked i’ll be getting it with Plus now… Keep up the great work.. (ps) Socom 4 beta please!! ;)

+ tha_con on July 6th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

Kevin – Not sure you’ll catch this since it’s late in the comment “game” but I’m just wondering if there are any plans in the works to compensate new subscribers who also want to jump into PSN+. Obviously it is something that you can’t answer directly, but if you could pass it along then maybe you could get back to us!

+ GGCAN on July 6th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Thanks Kevin.

Love Qore each month it’s been out since the start.

+ LumarQQ on July 6th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Did anyone notice that the first frame on the included video is a shot of Audrey Cleo? I was excited to see a bit of her, and after watching the vid realized that she has but a few frames in the teaser…. Luckily Qore is out and I can download that to see her, I just found it funny =)

+ bboimarc on July 6th, 2010 at 7:37 pm said:

Best Episode of Qore in a while certainly on the new segments on the road with Qore keep it coming guys and I love how sharp the video is now I just want to go to JP again!!!!

+ CapinChronic on July 6th, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

Just finished watching this months episode… by far one of the best episodes you guys have put together… KZ3, PS Move tech demos(WOW!), Majin & the forsaken Kingdom, Qore on the move(Awesome!) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! :)

(btw) looking for interns?

+ ForgiveMyAim on July 6th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

Really good episode

+ kueritos on July 6th, 2010 at 9:24 pm said:

i only boght one episode of quore, and it sucked a** dats all i nededd to never ever pay up, and then i just been getting d free ones, and now that i risked been a year long plus subcriber, i dont regreat it one bit, and on top of that i wil noe get free qore every month. suck for u 2 year qore subscribes, sony really nailed u guys lol

+ Calibos on July 6th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

I gotta admit I feel like a dumbass for subscribing to Qore. I just started my subscription in May, so I am on my 3rd “issue”. I was lured in by possible beta invites and game demos. Now 2 months later you are offering the same things (and more!) via Playstation +. And PS+ subscribers get Qore episodes for free? Didnt you guys learn your lesson when many Qore subscribers screamed bloody murder when you included free Qore issues with the official magazine?
I see great value in PS+, however I see very little value in Qore anymore. I hope you prove me wrong, and I cannot see Qore lasting very long since PS+ is much more appealing. I regret spending $25 on Qore and wish I waited until PS+ details were announced. You got me!!

+ ccanfield1 on July 7th, 2010 at 12:22 am said:

I really enjoyed this months Qore episode. The inclusion of it as part of Playstation Plus’ subscription was one of the reasons I was willing to shell out the money for the year. Thanks. I look forward to seeing what Hulu Plus will be like.

+ Frostquake on July 7th, 2010 at 12:41 am said:

OK….Didn’t want to comment on Qore till I got the July Issue.

I have been a subscriber since day one, and as things look right now, I am done with Qore.

All the game Videos I had seen online already at various outlets. Anyone who stayed on top of E3 got all Majin Video content already, and going to Game Republic revealed very little other then the fact that Veronica got a nice trip out of it…

In fact I think that is all Qore is about, Veronica going to far off places and us getting to watch her act goofy and quick glimpses of all the things on that Work Vkay that she is enjoying and we are not. You know, showing us her eating food, going to “love” hotels and such is a HUGE waste of time. It is kind of a big slap in the viewers face by saying, ” HA, look at what I get to do with your money and on your time.”

+ Frostquake on July 7th, 2010 at 12:43 am said:

All Qore has become is a slap in the subscribers face, by flaunting the places you can go, the food Veronica can eat, and outdated material, that is sometimes up to a year old.

Qore you should be about Games and Game related material, Not Food and Love Hotels….Consider me SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Edit..Sorry Word Press Has Limited Space

+ AKGermany on July 7th, 2010 at 5:13 am said:

Great episode of Qore this month – I LOVED the travel impressions from Osaka, for all I care you could still expand stuff like this. This show is produced very nicely, the value is there without the freebies.

I’m not clear about one of your answers though Kevin, it sounds like there are benefits that annual Qore subscribers get that PS+ subscribers won’t get (except they get to keep the episodes and the freebies forever)? That would not be logical, because nobody can be expected to get the show via PS+ AND subscribe on top of that.

+ krae_man on July 7th, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

Qore is useless without the free stuff.

We didn’t get the FFXIII coverage till after the game released. What is the point of it then?

They can’t even get exclusive stuff from first party games since the magazines release schedule doesn’t sync perfectly with the marketing/PR plan and it doesn’t have anywhere near the audience Gametrailers etc have.

+ Forever_Blake on July 7th, 2010 at 9:22 pm said:

What’s the PSN name that I need to send my Box Creator photo too? I’ve listened to the instructions a few times and can’t figure it out. Thanks for any help.

+ Eternal_Lord on July 10th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

I must say I really enjoyed the on the road feature. It was by far my favorite part of this episode of Qore; got a kick out of making my own boxart too!

Would love to see more previews on lesser known games like the Majin one. Anyways keep up the great work.

+ UltimateAnarchy on July 12th, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

I GOT HACKED ON ANARCHY11344 SHUT DOWN KevinMorchesky’S Playstation 3!

+ LordRaoh on July 12th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

as always a great episode of qore..

I have two questions, more like requests..

1. while looking at this months episode of qore, i wondered why not redesign the playstation’s XMB menu to the look and feel of the Qore Menu? its sleek, pleasing to the eye, exciting yet not too busy and most of all easily accessible and manageable. this would also be a good look for psn like features on television menus and blu ray players.

2. when will you allow me to navigate through an episode of qore using the ps3 blu ray remote? its a video show.. i’d like to sift thought it like a video. especially if i watch it while on an exercise bike.

PAGE 1 2 3 4