No Man's Sky

Digital Comics Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jul 07, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone- Here’s this week’s Digital Comics update. This week was a big one, with over 54 new Comics. Here are some highlights broken out by publishers.

Digital_Comics_Store_07_07_10

DC- We have issue 3 of Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One, and more of the amazing DMZ series.

We also have two special one-shot crossover issues from the disturbed mind of Warren Ellis – Planetary/Authority: Ruling the World, where Ellis almost brings the two teams together to fight a giant octopus-like monster; and Planetary/JLA: Terra Occulta in which DC and Wildstorm universes clash in an alternate reality.

Finally, DC is offering another free comic from their Zuda imprint. The Night Owls #1 is a light hearted strip set in 1920’s New York following a group of detectives who solve supernatural crimes.

Marvel brings us another splash of brains with the start of the five issue Marvel Zombies 2, plus we see more Black Panther and Astonishing Tales.

IDW releases Ghostbusters this week in which the boys visit a comic book convention. You can see a preview of the book here.

That’s it, have a great week, and head to www.playstationcomics.com for more info or to view our full catalog and pricing.

• 2000AD Prog # 1687
  • Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War – Part 4 of 12 # 4
  • High Moon: Chapter 1 # 2
  • Jonah Hex #13 & #14
  • Justice League: Generation Lost # 5
  • The Lexian Chronicles # 8
  • Marvel Zombies 2 (2007) # 1
  • Mickey Mouse in: “The Haunted City”
  • Night Owls # 1

+ zekececil14 on July 7th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Sweet, thank you!

+ EatDeath on July 7th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

SECOND!!!!

And, wheres MANGA?

+ GGod0 on July 7th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

I agree with 2, wheres manga?

+ Mercerius on July 7th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

Cancertown #6 – THANK YOU!

Now where’s the rest of Hope Falls?

+ Quezacoult on July 7th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Now that we got Dc, how about some Red Sun?
thx

+ gojinnkuu on July 7th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

How about more Neozoic?? Come on, pretty please.

+ Velzorn on July 7th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

You want incentives for people to purchase Playstation Plus, then make Digital Comic downloads available to the PS3 as well. You’re wasting this by limiting it to the PSP only.

+ The1stMJC on July 7th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

Comics on PS3 don’t make sense just saying stick to the PSP.

+ jcalvert on July 7th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

I would like to see (A) price decreases – just seems too expensive compared to a Marvel subscription (B) digital comic format transferable to something else be it PS3, PC, anything to help the long term investment value.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 7th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

The comic service isn’t available here but if it was I wouldn’t feel entirely comfortable investing $2-3 each for comics with such low resolution. It looks good on the PSP but I’d like the option to view it on PC or something else.

+ Darth-Krayt on July 7th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

Yea, I also want to view the comics on my PS3. Also the comic reader really needs to be updated to give us the ability to delete comics.

PLEASE!!!!! Get MARVEL to release digital versions of some comics I want.

The last arc of New X-Men. “Here comes Tomorrow”. One of the best future based X-Men stories of all time.

Wolverine: The End

MARVEL: The End

Thanos 1-12

+ tyukol34 on July 7th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

What about god of war? I already got the first one. I was hoping for the second one. Is it too early for that, or not?

+ whatisdelicious on July 7th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Another week of comic updates, another week of lost potential. I’d be interested in purchasing some of these if they’d work on my PS3. PSOne Classics and PS Minis both have cross-platform play, so I’ve bought a handful of both. And those are straight up VIDEO GAMES, which I’m positive makes the cross-platform play feat much harder than a COMIC READER.

And even if I did have a PSP, I’d much rather have them displayed on my TV anyway. It’s bigger. It’s sharper. It looks nicer. I don’t have to hold it and hunch over it and peer down into it.

So Sony, please, c’mon, update the PS3 with a comic reader. You’re just throwing away free money.

+ GGod0 on July 7th, 2010 at 6:07 pm said:

@11 what do you mean update to delete comics? Mine lets me delete comics, you press square i think after selecting one.

+ Midgetguy on July 7th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

@ #11 Darth-Krayt

The Comic Reader WAS updated to allow you to delete comics from your library… (Just pres the triangle button on the comic reader and choose the “update” option) Pretty simple.

__________________________________________________________

Thanks for the comic update by the way! I love free comics!!!! I’m going to get a PSN card eventually, and I’m going to go Comic CRAZY! haha I really like the Disney comics. (I’m a huge fan of the characters) so, I think I’m going to try to purchase as many of those as I can! haha

+ thamtuhoctro_ken on July 7th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

Hi guys i have a quick question, i bought a pspGo in canada but i cant buy any comic book on PSN. So is the comic book only for USA or Canada also?

+ triple_lei on July 7th, 2010 at 7:21 pm said:

What can I say, I love reading comics on my TV with my PSPgo through the component cables and controlling it all with that old Six Axis controller. All self-respecting gamers should have at least one PSP anyway.

GRACE YOU’RE THE BEST!!!

+ TertiusIII on July 7th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

I bought some comics last night. When I opened the viewer to read them all of the comics I already had were categorised as unread and the comics I had just purchased were not in the unread list, as if had already read them. Has this happened to anyone?

+ DivineAlpha on July 7th, 2010 at 8:40 pm said:

@16: Digital Comics in North America is currently only available in the United States of America. Some regions in PAL and Japan also have Digital Comics.

You can always vote for Digital Comics for Canada here:

+ Darth-Krayt on July 7th, 2010 at 9:19 pm said:

Oh, the comic reader was updated to be able to delete? I hadn’t heard about that. Was it mentioned here on the blog? I read every post, I must have somehow missed that one.

+ DaMann22 on July 7th, 2010 at 9:36 pm said:

Ok update. Only thing that looks good is the batman: year one #3 issue. Still waiting on Locke and Key Issue #6 of the current story line and some bayou from DC. But nonetheless looking for it on PS3 as well with higher resolution of course. MAKE IT HAPPEN please.

+ GGod0 on July 7th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

Also, when do we get more atomic robo?

+ wolf71288 on July 7th, 2010 at 11:18 pm said:

i wish they would add manga T.T

+ KombatKouchKat on July 7th, 2010 at 11:49 pm said:

i can’t waight for more lock&key eather ope its soon its such a great story and some manga would be amazing

+ Frostquake on July 8th, 2010 at 1:53 am said:

So JL: Generation Lost..Latest Issue is FULL PRICE…I will just go buy it at the Comic Store as they give me a 10% Discount.

Why was there a hike to $2.99?? with issue #4 while all 3 issues before that are $1.99….So now we are going to price Latest issues at Full Price. Then I will just go buy the Hard Copy at the store with a discount….I hope this is not a trend or you will loose me!

psn:frostquake

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 8th, 2010 at 4:12 am said:

Motion Comics nd allow PSP users to rate and view ratings.

+ snowcrashed on July 8th, 2010 at 4:14 am said:

@Frostquake All of DC’s Day and Date releases have price parity with stores (they can’t be seen to be under cutting them). The price of these comics will come down 4 weeks after release, so you can wait until then if you wish.

@ All JL#5 has been taken down from the store. DC wish to release it next week instead. Sorry

+ CapinChronic on July 8th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

When will Canada be getting the comic store?? We canucks like comics too eh.

+ MacCoder on July 8th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

I agree! Digital comics in Canada, please! *Colbert grabby hand*

+ sowoodrockafella on July 8th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

necroscope comics please

+ Crucial_X on July 9th, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

@ GRACE CHEN

What can we do to voice our demand for manga in the comics release???