PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Picks Up 9 Awards, 4 Nominations at E3

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Jul 08, 2010 // SCEA PR Manager

Fellow Spartans –

With E3 behind us, I’d like to take a minute to recap the great feedback we’ve received about Kratos’ newest adventure on PSP and PSPgo. I’m thrilled to report that God of War: Ghost of Sparta has received nine “Best of E3…” awards, along with 3 nominations. Thanks again to our friends in the media for all of your support. We’re extremely appreciative and are looking forward to showing you more of this epic journey as we move closer to our release.

Here’s a quick list of our E3 accolades…

Awards:

Nominations:

For those who haven’t seen our E3 teaser trailer yet, give it watch. And for those who have, here’s a clip of gameplay footage we showed at E3 to give you a taste of the action.

+ Canuck4Life on July 8th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Congratulations! The awards are very much deserved :D

+ Kchow23 on July 8th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Awesome, got a PSP just for GoW: CoO, this and MGS:PW

+ MassaBR on July 8th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Well deserved, Ghost of Sparta is my most anticipated game for the holidays.

Release date coming soon?

+ goofyslapper865 on July 8th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

Can’t wait for this biggest god of war fan i just hope they dont do another god of war psp cause i really don’t need to spend the dough but gotta do what i gotta do i guess i need another one to even it up and hurry up with some dlc for GOD OF WAR 3

+ krae_man on July 8th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

How many PSP Games were even shown at E3? It’s not like it had much competetion :p

Seriously though I loved the first game and can’t wait for this one.

+ Korbei83 on July 8th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Ready at Dawn sure do get a lot out of that machine. This looks like as big an improvement over COO as GoW1 over GoW2.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 8th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

It’s nuts, isn’t it? Can’t believe those graphics.

+ dj128 on July 8th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

I getting this when i get my new psp

+ jimmyfoxhound on July 8th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

will this get ported to the PS3? I don’t want to have to buy a PSP just to play this….

JUST KIDDING!! :D

+ jwood87 on July 8th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Congratulations!! You guys should put a sale of GoW CoO on PSN to promote the release of this game!

+ RossimusPrime on July 8th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

What a shock Gamespot didnt give it as a “Winner” they prolly gave it to a Twlight scene it game!

+ Jasper20XX on July 8th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Congrats! I hope you guys win more awards!

+ DTXSFC on July 8th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

Nice! Hope to see more gameplay footage soon. Looking forward to getting a demo.

+ KazeEternal on July 8th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

looks like its coming along… In game music not finalized? Noticed the trailer is pretty devoid of music after the initial start.

Can’t wait to get a hold of this game.

+ Rionken86x on July 8th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

i was hoping PSP2 to be unveiled at E3 with GOW:Ghost of Sparta as one of the launch games :D

Ghost of Sparta looks awesome! Congrats!

+ remanutd5 on July 8th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

I dont expect anything less from a God of War title , all of them have won awards in almost any show they have appeared , God of War = EPICNESS , btw i have played Ghost of Sparta at E3 , i have no doubt in my mind that it will best what i consider to this day the best PSP game to date ( God of War Chains of Olympus ) even though Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker is Epic as well , Congratulations and thank you for bringing more EPICNESS to the PSP

+ Destiny89 on July 8th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

I really wish if you guys brought another GoW for PS3 instead of psp as i truly loved GoW3 and the GoW collection. will keep an eye tho on the psp version

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 8th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

Did you play Chains of Olympus? It is a full-blooded God of War game in every way. Well worth playing!

+ Hooligantuan on July 8th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

That’s a lot of awards for what amounts to a game built out of fanboyish Greek mythology fanfic. Congratulations, the plebes have been placated.

+ Ramses_13 on July 8th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

sweet, videos work on the PS3 browser again. Also this game looks sick, about time we had some Atlantis mythology in god of war

+ necroticart on July 8th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Seriously why not widen your audience bring this and COO playable to the PS3 with syncing game saves for owners of both systems. I’m sure opening the PSP games to PS3 owners would help expose the capabilities of the PSP and make us more likely to purchase one since the games would be cross compatible just like the PSP minis and PS1 Classic games.

+ monterja on July 8th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

thanks for fixing the videos. i just hope that all of them will use the same format

+ NoisyNieghbor on July 8th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Those graphics look much better than Chains of Olympus and maybe even better than God of War 2.

+ DiscoJer on July 8th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

Well, this is not surprising, considering that almost no PSP games were shown at E3. What would beat it, exactly? Ys 7 perhaps.

Indeed, looking at the PSP’s release schedule, it’s not getting thing for 5 weeks – August 6th, when Madden comes out. Then it picks up, but it’s mostly JRPGs (which I like, thankfully, but if you don’t, you’re out of luck)

How can people “Step Your Game UP” to the PSP when no new games are coming to it? One high profile game a year isn’t enough…

+ SiDCrAzYY on July 8th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Best PSP Game? Those awards shouldn’t even count, it’s not like the PSP was flooded with support during E3. Sony almost didn’t even mention it.

+ adolson on July 8th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

I will be buying this for PSP, just like I bought and loved CoO.

BUT… I would buy both of them a second time if you released them on the PSN as PS3 ports. They don’t need to be up-res’d or anything (just scale it using the PS3′s nice scaler), just straight ports, that’d be sweet. Peace Walker would be nice on the big screen, too. My TV is too far away to use the TV out, and the black box border is annoying. Plus, DualShock 3 would be nicer than holding a wired PSP (I don’t have a Go).

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 8th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Peace Walker must not have been in the running.

+ angelspawn77 on July 8th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

cant wait for this game, I think it would be really cool if you guys have a SE version of it for 50$ like they did with MGS PW, I bought it in a heart beat and I loved the box and the art book. I think something similar for GOW GoS(at the same price preferably) would be great and id definitely buy it :)

+ J70mega777 on July 8th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

GO GOW i just got the ps3 remakes and my go is starving for some kratos on it

+ jeepdeep on July 8th, 2010 at 7:09 pm said:

Any word on a release date? A date? A week? A month? A period of months? You have to give me something man!

+ Berae on July 8th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

Nice congrats!

On another note,
I’m surprised we have not heard much about Little big planet 2 this year. Anything’s coming?

+ srewbacca on July 8th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

Congrats! This is definitely one of my most anticipated PSP games this year! I can’t wait to play as Kratos again!

+ eddieMX07 on July 8th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

Helpfully this game will be longer than Chains of Olympus.

I wounder the creature at 1:00 is carrying in its back

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 8th, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

@31 yeah if this is as short as Chains I’ll wait for it to hit $20.

+ TheGuardianFID on July 8th, 2010 at 11:13 pm said:

CoO was awesome and this one will be no different, SOLD!!! 8)

+ poweredbyzen on July 9th, 2010 at 2:07 am said:

demo please! this really looks good!

+ QuietstormRB on July 9th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Looking forward to GoS. CoO was fantastic. Will there be some kind of interconnectivity between GoS and GoW3? It would be great if that were to happen.

+ ghost291 on July 9th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

GOD OF WAR 3 GREAT GAME AMAZING BUT! NEEDS SOME CUSTOMIZING AND LOL WITH MODNATION IT IS A RACING VERSION ( REPLICA) OF LITTLE BIG PLANET

+ Timytimtim88 on July 9th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

nice ready at dawn makes the best psp games. if you see a psp game made by ready at dawn BUY IT!, assassin’s creed bloodlines, daxter, Chains of Olympus, and i think 1 or 2 others.

+ spideyal on July 9th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

Very good job. I just bought CoO right after I finished God of War 3, since I wanted to experience the rest of the God of War trilogy, or at least what’s available on Video Game Consoles/Handheld.

I played the PS2 Versions of God of War 1 & 2 back to back, then bought GoW Collection for PS3 and played that (oh so superior) version through and through until I platinumed both of those games. THEN I just sat in anticipation of God of War 3. Low and behold, I platinumed that, too. :)

So I moved on to finishing CoO and am now awaiting Ghost of Sparta. Absolutely love the fact that you get the classic Spartan weapons in this one. I don’t know why they weren’t included from the beginning! (Although I LOVED the ‘Phalanx and Arrow’ Magic in GoW3, absolutely beautiful)

+ Monzu22 on July 11th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

Kudos!!!GoW sequels and the whole collection it is the best collection a sony fan could ever had!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!!And yes, I do agree we need a new addition to GoWIII.

+ jdktrcr on July 12th, 2010 at 12:17 am said:

are they releasing the demo for this?

+ mnm124 on July 30th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

WOW!!! Congrats for the awards. I can’t wait till this game is released, I’ve been waitin for some good game to play on.
Ready at Dawn have brought the PSP to a whole new level!!!