PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jul 09, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – Time for this week’s video store update.

Deals: Discounted episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and Avatar: The Last Airbender in our Deal of the Week section. Spotlight on 80’s continues this week with prices starting at $1.99. It’s under featured collections on the video store, and filled with titles that should make you feel like you took a Hot Tub Time Machine back in time. There’s Weekend at Bernie’s, RoboCop, Rocky III & IV, Spaceballs, Wargames, The Terminator, Troll 2 and more. Last but not least, a special gift with purchase offer continues this week – buy the new Percy Jackson release and receive the Percy Jackson theme for your PS3!

TV New Arrivals: Dual Survivor – an exciting new series following two men’s survival in the wild, and the latest episodes of House, Naruto Shippuden Uncut, Friday Night Lights, Lie To Me, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Battlestar Galactica, The Crazies Motion Comics, and The Hills.

New Releases: Rec 2, Nightmares in Red, White and Blue, and New York, I Love You starring The Hangover’s Bradley Cooper. Also check out The Horseman, Jack and the Beanstalk, Crazy, Home of the Giants, Evil Bong II: King Bong, and Tell Tale.

Before you head to the video store, check out the action-packed trailer for Brooklyn’s Finest …

56 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Marston43 on July 9th, 2010 at 6:07 am said:

Is this update for Canada aswell ?

+ Than_Drake on July 9th, 2010 at 6:13 am said:

ROBOCOP!!! lol

+ talldude2882 on July 9th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

umm i dont have a free episode of queens blade…

+ talldude2882 on July 9th, 2010 at 6:29 am said:

im in the us and i still didnt get the free queens blade :(

+ Watchmann on July 9th, 2010 at 6:29 am said:

@4 The US Blog provides NA coverage. Also, the Playstation Canada website is rarely updated, and contains very little in the way of useful info as compared with the US Blog/PS site.

Grace– I imagine with differences in what deals are struck with whom, that the content and sales will differ between the US & CAN stores. Is that assumption correct?

+ talldude2882 on July 9th, 2010 at 6:29 am said:

@4 nice avatar :D

+ Gaara_Of_TheFunk on July 9th, 2010 at 6:30 am said:

@talldude, I don’t see it either :( Hopefully, it will be up soon.

+ XxWolfheartxX on July 9th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

there’s hentai on the PSN now lol.

+ JumperPrime on July 9th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

There seems to have been a SNAFU. Episodes 2, 3, and 4 of Queen’s Blade are up in the store, but episode 1, the one that’s supposed to be free, is nowhere to be found

+ Kchow23 on July 9th, 2010 at 7:05 am said:

@4 It’s more like the North American blog… there is no such thing as the Canadian PS Blog. Besides they posted before that the Canadian Video Store opened here…. so makes it seem like you are new here. and lol is this the start of these kind of videos in PSN?

+ Mies2000 on July 9th, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

Thanks! I like queens blade.
We need more anime anyway.
I would love to have a subscription for TV shows.

I would like to view my PSN Store purchased videos over Remote-Play.

+ Mosh_Pit on July 9th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

Apparently they don’t do simultaneous updates, United States and Canada, at the same time.

+ Trigg on July 9th, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

Downloaded Queens Blade with my PSP since my launch PS3 has an overheating problem. I would like to see star ratings on the PSP storefront like the PS3 storefront.

+ lyfestory on July 9th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

they should’ve included a rental plan with Playstation Plus… i would’ve signed up if we could’ve gotten free rentals, or at least a specific number free per week or month.. as it is, i’ve had my PS3 for 3+ years and i’ve never once watched a movie or TV show on the PSN… their prices are just too high for me… and they rarely have anything that i am interested in for free.. trailers? thats what comingsoon.net is for… i could put away Netflix and Blockbuster if there was a plan included with Playstation Plus…

+ gema11981 on July 9th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

when us the app going to be released so i can watch mlb.tv on my psp ?

+ gema11981 on July 9th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

is*

+ lilmario0 on July 9th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

hey,i live in barbados i don’t seem to have any of what was just mentioned
whats wrong?

+ AZ929 on July 9th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

So has this been confirmed as Canada or US only?

+ dirtycowboy69 on July 9th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

queens blade ep.2-ep4. nice. where is ep one? i personaly would blame it on the new guy. lol

+ Zezzler on July 9th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

@GameOverGreggy
BEYOND! that article gave me a good laugh.

+ Gaara_Of_TheFunk on July 9th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Haha @22. I guess ill go kill someone in gta, since its better than naked women on the ps store. *Insert Sarcasam*

+ Dennie on July 9th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

I believe this is only for US, checked the PS store and couldn’t find anything

+ robertmc8 on July 9th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

How about Dirt Bike Kid movie and The Explorers movie and Flight of Navigator? They are both from the 80′s I will love to see The Explorers movie again.

+ BLEUDRAEGEN on July 9th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

I was like “SWEET A FREE EPISODE OF AN ANIME!” XD. I go to the PS Store and find that Sony had pulled the first episode of Queen’s Blade . Now I am sad. :( I wish I was able to see it because I was kinda interested in watching Queen’s Blade. :(

+ Ashwiniyer on July 9th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

ps store works in other countries

+ Chuckbait on July 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

hey, lets release a free tv show, one that has language, and nudity, and acid shooting breasts, and … is rated TV MA.

Wouldn’t that be brilliant?

+ total90nike on July 9th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

this is irrelevant but i think that the next full game trial should be uncharted 1: drakes fortune and than uncharted 2:among thieves. like a series. those games are very interesting. i would buy both of’em

+ Stoffinator on July 9th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

Can someone please answer this.

When does the Canadian video store get updated?

It was never given details as to when our updates become available.

+ agabooga on July 9th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

i dont have the update, is it because i live in canada or do i have to download it or something?

+ HomeOwner09 on July 9th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

i think canada was updated checked the tv shows section i only noticed icarly season 1

+ HomeOwner09 on July 9th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

wasn’t canada updated? i only noticed icarly being new

+ Undead_reapers on July 9th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Yeah it seems like once again Canada is getting corn holed, I mean its nice to have the option to d/l stuff but really if it took them this long to give us the service then why oh why delay movie titles and shows? Thanks sony!

+ HomeOwner09 on July 9th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

don’t see robocop in canada lol

+ JumperPrime on July 9th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

OK, WTF is going on here? Queens Blade episode 1 is now on the PSN store, but it is NOT free, it’s listed at the full price of $1.99 and if I may direct your attention to the top of this page, all mention of Queen’s Blade seems to have been excised from the blog. I say again WTF!?

+ Stoffinator on July 9th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Can somebody please comment to some of the questions and concerns? I know somebody at Sony is reading these. :-]

+ ProjectInfiniti on July 9th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

And yet they still have incompetent workers on both the PlayStation end and on this blog site.

How about you people there actually sort things out BEFORE posting updates and stooping low as to edit this blog post without providing any update notification to such corrections? LOL you people must really think we wouldn’t notice it right? Fail. It’s 2010 now and you guys still can’t do things on a consistent, organized basis.

/Rant over.
Get your poo together, for like the millionth time already, Sony!

+ fuzzyclutter on July 9th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

Any plans on releasing 3d movies on the psn ? im considering a purchase of a 3d tv , however after some research i have found that less than a handful of 3d blu ray titles are scheduled to be released beteen the rest of this year and the beginning of the next , and now im reluctant .

+ dirtycowboy69 on July 9th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

why sony! you tease us free stuff than take it away. now im sad was lookin forward to it damn. ps we can still blame the new guy.lol

+ CDubyahS on July 9th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

King Bong! Waste of server space and irresponsible SONY!

+ Berae on July 9th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

So how often will the canada video store be updated?

I want to rent Sherlock holmes and green zone but i guess i will have to go to blockbuster

+ BigBangBear on July 9th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

@40 – Green zone is there under movies – new releases to rent in the Canada video store. Plus there is an ad banner popping up advertising it.

+ El_Flash on July 9th, 2010 at 8:57 pm said:

free queen’s blade was removed, becuz SONY, didn’t know there were boobies, and nudity in it. So now if u want it, u must $$$$

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on July 9th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

Ability to buy, pre order and gift whole tv seasons
Subtitle options

+ swirl_86 on July 10th, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

Not only did Sony remove “Queen’s Blade” from their free list, but they removed it from the entire Playstation Network (you can’t even buy it)!!! It’s hilarious that the folks over at Sony puts up show’s they have no prior knowledge about FOR FREE on the Playstation Store. Heads will roll, and Kevin Butler should be the one holding the axe (lol)…

+ mopoy on July 10th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

they took down Queen’s Blade Ep. 1 because it contains nudity…

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 10th, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

I’d like to know what the plans are for updating the Canadian store. When, how often, will it match the US updates… of course I don’t expect to get an official answer.

+ PsychoCanadian on July 10th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

So I was hoping to download something new I havent seen yet to watch after my conert last night. No canadian video store update? Really? So is sony only goin to update it once a month or something? Lame

+ Elvick_ on July 10th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

So… now that Canada ‘has’ a video store, are we going to be getting any of the same content…

Guess not.

+ KSweeley on July 10th, 2010 at 11:35 pm said:

I wanted my free episode of Queen’s Blade as well and I live in the U.S. You guys can’t blame Sony entirely, a certain gaming site tipped Sony off!!!! Article: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1104918p1.html

“Sony Pulls Bare Anime Breasts from PlayStation Network
Free TV show gave users the (mostly) full female form.
July 9, 2010

The show was free from Tuesday until sometime after 11 p.m. PST yesterday when IGN contacted Sony for comment. The company has not officially commented on Queen’s Blade as of yet.”

+ Undead_reapers on July 11th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

Yeah seems that we get something new, and yet we get no updates for movies or tv shows because we’re in Canada? I say people with internet connections which is everyone in North America, screw the video store and just download whatever you want from torrent sites, like pirate bay(shameless plug).

PAGE 1 2