PS4-Watch_Dogs

ModNation Monday: Community Picks and Patch Update

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Jul 12, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

Greetings everyone! Ramone Russell here with another ModNation Monday update!

ModNation Racers Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mods of the Week

Mod Name: ”Billiard Bob”
Creator: Deadsire

billiard bob

Karts of the Week

Kart Name: ”Transilvania Vehicle”
Creator: santagun

T.V.

Tracks of the Week

Track Name: ”Bay Island Final”
Created by: Yika

Bay Island 1 Bay Island 2

Bay Island 3 Bay Island 4

Yika says: ”This track was originally intended to be a tribute to my favorite Studio Ghibli Film, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, but the more I worked on it, the more it took on a life of its own! And I am glad it did! I feel I made a track which is simply beautiful. Open it up in the editor to see how unique and detailed it is. The track itself runs fairly well, offering multiple routes with advantages and disadvantages. The road never gets boring, but there is never too much going on either.”

Track Name: ”The Farmer’s Daughter”
Created by: Coty4803

Farmers Daughter 1 Farmers Daughter 2

Farmers Daughter 3 Farmers Daughter 4

Coty4803 says: “An intricately farm themed track featuring one great shortcut through the farm’s barn. You can choose to take the main path over the barn which features two jumps; one over the barn and another over a dump truck. Drifting skill and precise driving are necessary to achieve fast lap times.”

Hot Lap Roster for This Week

Not only will we feature the tracks above this week, but we are giving tribute to Crash Team Racing on the Hot Lap. Try out some of the best fan tracks we’ve seen so far and see how you do.

• Monday: Crazy Crater
  • Tuesday: The Farmer’s Daughter, Creator: Coty4803
  • Wednesday: Bay Island Final, Creator: Yika
  • Thursday: CTR Dingo Canyon Track, Creator: ComposerRyan
  • Friday: CTR Papu’s Pyramid Track, Creator: ComposerRyan
  • Saturday: CTR Tiger Temple, Creator: ComposerRyan
  • Sunday: Landfill Island, Creator: VintageOctopus

Patch Info

I know everybody wants to know more about the patch that’s in development. We appreciate your patience as UFG places the final touches on it. There’s been a lot of community feedback and I think UFG has done a good job trying to include a lot of the improvements you’ve asked for. One of the improvements is the addition of a “casual” career difficulty that has less “aggressive” computer-controlled racers. I was able to spend some time last week playing the new build. Let me just say that I had a blast playing through the casual career difficulty and I think those that have been asking for this will be very pleased when you can get your hands on it!

Looking forward to sharing more ModNation Racers news next week!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ billythekid247 on July 13th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

Finally my old butt can play the story mode!! Well…eventually ;)

+ Toadbrigade on July 13th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

Don’t know why my comment between 93 & 94 still hasn’t passed moderation yet.

I did run out of characters, to mention how great the game is, even in its current condition, without the patch.

someones earlier comment wanted them to add an option to change the controls in the game, but I completely disagree with that.

Imo UFC were correct to set the controls as they did; it shows they know their product and they know how it should be played.

All my friends initially complained about the controls, but they’ve all adapted now, and have said they wouldn’t have stuck with the game; had the option to change controls been given.

+ mJ_mSv on July 13th, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

@99 sure, but I would not mind at all if I got some credit, and it would made the game more fun actually if the original creators got some xp aswell as intended!, also I would like a function where you can look up all you’re creations wich have been remixed afterwards!

+ GGod0 on July 13th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

@102 wouldnt help me cuz i check the little box on all my creations so no one can edit them, my luck their’s would have more downloads, etc. than mine, then various bad things would happen

+ mJ_mSv on July 13th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

@103 Sure, but if I get some XP for it, and their remixes get more popular I would not mind at all :), as I said, like now it’s best to not allow remixes, but if you get xp for you’re remixed creations it would be a big benfit to allow remixing!

+ remanutd5 on July 13th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

voice/text chat support to the psp version please

+ fudgelovinhippy on July 13th, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

Crash bandicoot tracks are going to be great! I beaten CTR 100% and I will do it again!

+ Coty4803 on July 13th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

Hey Ramone Russell, why is Crazy Crater the Hot Lap again today instead of The Farmer’s Daughter like your post indicates?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 13th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

There was a small problem with the queue its been fixed and “The Farmer’s Daughter” Track will be next Monday’s Hot Lap.

+ kyuubi_clone on July 13th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

Will UFG patch the glitching that ppl do to win exp and casual races? It’s becoming quite annoying trying to come first in a series when you’re constantly in second place and still get a DNF because the winner finishes every lap in like 30-45 seconds ahead of everyone else. this defeats the whole purpose of the game itself. there are ALOT of glitchers in this game.

+ rumblemonkey on July 13th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

People talking down on the addition of the “casual” mode obviously don’t understand the reasoning behind the demands of such. There are people that want to CREATE and SHARE. You know, the whole tag-line that Sony likes to slap on to these games that makes it so popular? If a majority of the community is shut out from creating to their fullest and sharing with the rest of the community because the design of the single player challenges suck, to be honest, we’re losing out on a big portion of the game. Congratulations to those who manage to drag themselves to unlock all the parts on their own, but a lot of people (me included) just grabbed a 100% save file from a generous person and got straight to the creative side of the game and got CREATING.

+ Devin93 on July 13th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Why hasn’t the hotlap been updated? it is still crazy crater and the blog says that its suppose to be a user created track today.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 13th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

+ GoateeSox on July 13th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

All i want to be able to do is install the game on the ps3 so that the loadtimes are at least halved. Also, please allow for xp race rooms to continue to another race rather than forcing them to leave the game room. It’s ridiclulous when trying to level up through xp races and series that you are forced to leave the game room.

+ Wade_VC on July 13th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Any word on the server stability…

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 13th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

Yes, fixes server side are deployed on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. The issue that kicks you off the servers has been found and server side fix is on the way.

+ ghik16 on July 13th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

I think you are really doing a good job! :) I love how you feature Crash Team Racing tracks, since there have been made a lot of good ones out there. I’m just a bit sad that my version of Crash Cove wasn’t chosen, even though it’s the best yet. :)

I also think you should have featured Otune’s version of Papu’s Pyramid, since he has made a better than ComposerRyan. Anyway, great job! BTW fix the casual races too, it’s too hard hosting a race, since no people joins.

+ Sponge-worthy on July 13th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

Hopefully we’ll see more development on the way. Beyond just the loading times… While I really enjoy the game, it just doesn’t have the level of polish that a 1st-party exclusive ought to have. It feels more like a rushed, multi-platform experience.

+ Kirkpad on July 13th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

I laughed at the responses to my comment. “Most Create XP gets top mod spot”. You do know that the downloads of a mod completely outweigh positive ratings right? You’ll get WAY more XP from lots of downloads then just getting half as many good ratings. Anyway, at least it’s not just the top downloaded overall. Good to know they are working on it, unlike Media Molecule did in their game.

Anyway, people say that it’s too hard which is making it take forever to get all the items. While it is pretty hard, the speed of getting creator parts would speed up if they reduced loading times. I expected a couple of responses from the poster, but I guess they’re busy.

+ lyfestory on July 13th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

i think the loading times should’ve been a priority as well… i think long loading times in today’s games are pretty uncalled for…when you see and play games like Just Cause 2 with it’s absolutely ridiculously huge game world but everything plays smoothly and you can see forever, its a wonder why any game even has loading times… but i guess the PS3 system is partially to blame… i can understand load times for custom tracks loading from the community, but from what ive read and heard, it sounds like some of the loading times are very long… thats not good, takes you completely out of the game…
but props on working on the difficulty.. thats a big part of why i havent picked the game up yet…

+ Coty4803 on July 13th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Thanks for responding Ramone. I appreciate it and I’m glad to hear The Farmer’s Daughter will still make it into the Hot Lap next week!

+ bluesamg on July 13th, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

the requirments i think they should have is to have:
-more themes like snow theme,space or toy theme.
- track DLC or like if you download a new mod and cart DLC that they should come with some props for the tracks
-make some loading times a bit faster… i dont got problems with that.
- when you quit a race to race another track it shouldnt go to the modspot it should take u to pick a different track.
-water tunnles DLC
these are of sum people want

+ Synophis on July 13th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Hey UFG!

Have you identified the issue which has caused the last few days’ hot lap times appearing as 0.0 s? (I know it’s not players’ fault) It’s starting to be pretty annoying as already a lot of tracks get glitched and I’m trying to find even some days that glitchers wouldn’t ruin but that issue terminates my attempts!

Still I’m grateful for all the work you’ve put into this game and hopefully that new patch will solve some issues community has been complaining about.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 14th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Yes we have fix for the Hot Lap exploit

+ jakr5225 on July 13th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

lol, just beat the story mode :P

+ jakr5225 on July 13th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

lol, just beat the story mode ;)

+ NoobianGod on July 13th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

Great! Fantastic game! Still plowing through the story mode and only just getting started with the create aspect. I have been hesitant to play online as I would play XP Series and always get disconnected before I could finish, but I am confident that this and my (along with others = load times) will be addressed in the upcoming patch or one after.

For this patch or the next here is a recommendation:

- Package Downloads (Mods/Karts/Tracks) to keep themed items together. Even if we could select others creations to include in our own themes packages. Then we could get Create or Share XP for packages created by us. Mods/Karts/Tracks/Packages!

I look forward to the patch post to see what all gets included!

+ mmmt_4 on July 13th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

Is UFG going to fix skill rating bug? One friend of mine suddenly has very high skill rating and he can’t race xp races with anybody because match making does not find same level opponents for him and he is all alone in the game room when no one joins. He hasn’t cheated to get a skill rating so high.

+ saintaqua on July 13th, 2010 at 10:40 pm said:

Mostly hoping for shorter load times. I love this game, but I stopped playing due to the loading wait.

Make some new DLC soon too please! :D

+ ndw4 on July 14th, 2010 at 1:07 am said:

I started playing Modnation again after taking a couple weeks off to play Blur, and I’m trying to play through the 3rd series of races, but OMG this is the hardest GAME EVER. I mean I’ve played alot of hard games but I’d rather wait for a casual mode than kill myself trying to win AND get the other objectives. It’s worse than loading, imo.

+ Toadbrigade on July 14th, 2010 at 2:25 am said:

Here’s a few simple strategy tips for anyone that is a good gamer but struggling in career mode.

Learn each track thoroughly, where to boost, where to jump/trick, where to drift, etc. Don’t just try and wing it, have a strategy.

Always try to leave a level one boost tank available, for holding down circle to shield against hydras,etc. Learn to drift boost, so you can get boost tank back quickly; and remember that crashing while drifting will stop you collecting your boost tank, so remember to snake in tricky sections to collect some boost tank.

The hud on left shows when the hydras/rockets, etc get close to you, and the audio is a good indicator of when the attack is inbound.

You can even look behind with triangle (on straights) to wait until they actually try to strike; to time holding down circle perfectly. Occasionally you’ll need a level 3 boost tank to shield some attacks. You can also drop every weapon as a bomb(banana-esq), by holding down square and release at the desired location; just like mario kart spoil the main routes with well placed bombs, or drop them when the AI is close by.

+ ParkerNightFly on July 14th, 2010 at 6:28 am said:

I really hope a patch for the loading times is included in the update.

+ thunderrules16 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

that game is so awsome i beet it a week ago

+ moriarty1975 on July 14th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

After the patch is released, please get to work on some track creation DLC! ;)

+ fmedinamm on July 14th, 2010 at 10:40 pm said:

I am not a “serious” gamer, so I am having a hard time with career, but my 7 year old is really stumped. Glad an “easy” career is on its way.

As for load times, I just upgraded my hardrive on ps3 to a 7200 rpm with 16MB cache, load times got a lot better. I don’t want to say the load times are now short, but way better than with original ps3 drive. I also ran the fix database option on PS3, as I heard it helped performance a bit.

+ jakr5225 on July 15th, 2010 at 12:15 am said:

anything for track creator in the patch?

+ DarkOne_PR on July 16th, 2010 at 1:44 am said:

OMG….u guys asked for a casual mode? God how lame can u guys be? I hope that when u race in casual mode u cant get the trophies or items… it will simply be not fair for the ones who were core enough to beat the career in the imposed difficulty.
anyways… How about u can Invite FRIENDS to an XP Race?!!! Thats more important than anything! well, more important than casual racing for babies.

+ moriarty1975 on July 16th, 2010 at 5:08 am said:

Why do people seem to think that MNR is a hardcore game for hardcore gamers??

+ EmperorLawlight on July 16th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

So, are you guys just ignoring every comment about the load times?

+ moriarty1975 on July 16th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

@135

There is meant to be a load times improvement in the upcoming patch. But i wouldnt expect a big improvement.

+ MNRHQPitCrew on July 17th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

This could be great!

+ maverick34jjv on July 18th, 2010 at 12:19 am said:

What about when ever you start a race in career mode, in the bottom left corner, it says “Wrong text” then changes to “UFG Creation” it’s a little bug a found. Also is there ever going to b a way we can sort mods?(Alphabetically and date created/downloaded)

+ maverick34jjv on July 18th, 2010 at 12:27 am said:

Also why can’t I edit the tracks I published when I’m offline? It says I don’t have permission to remix it and it’s 100% mine.

+ OveReAction on July 18th, 2010 at 4:10 am said:

REGION-FREE ONLINE! REGION-FREE ONLINE! REGION-FREE ONLINE!

+ TheGordito on July 18th, 2010 at 4:15 am said:

Greetings

Don’t want to seem “harsh” or anything like that, but… Since you’re making the single player easier with this Casual Mode, and it wasn’t really that hard to unlock everything, is anything being done to the multiplayer? For instance, the Hot Lap PE Bonus. For me, it doesn’t make much sense that the PE bonus for being in the Top 10% in a track for that day, is less than being like 12th in an online ranked race. The driving bonus alone are more than the paltry 10 PE that we get for being better than 90% of the people that participated in the Hot Lap for that day. The PE bonus should be comparable to winning a ranked tournament, or even double.

Another thing that would be great is to be able to host a Ranked Tournament, or at least invite friends to the game room we are. Grinding to level 30 already feels like a chore, “forcing” us to play for less PE if we want to have some fun with our friends makes it even worse.

Great game, keep up with the good work.

+ OveReAction on July 18th, 2010 at 4:23 am said:

@139: Because you selected “No” in “Can be remixed?” when you publish it.

+ Lazy_Slacker on July 18th, 2010 at 6:53 am said:

I hope they took my suggestion: to be able to select the AI-Opponents Mods and Karts they are goin to race with in an Offline Quick Race, this allows you to race against your own and downloaded Mods and karts, pretty awesome..

well well… onlky wait and see :)

+ moriarty1975 on July 18th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

@139

Because your off-line.

+ aolix1 on July 25th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

have the finishin touches been placed on the patch? is there a date for the patches release set yet? also is the star creator trophy really glitched because it seems impossible to get

PAGE 1 2 3