PS4 - Transistor

New in PlayStation Home: 3 New Personal Games + Killzone 2 & Monkey Island 2 Items

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jul 14, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

With every passing week more and more awesome games arrive into the ever-expanding world on PlayStation Home. And this week promises to continue in this rich tradition of compelling content and exclusive gaming experiences, as we release three highly-anticipated games for use in your clubhouses and personal spaces.

By popular demand, our friends at VEEMEE are delivering special versions of Darts and Pool that you can share with your friends in the personal location(s) of your choice. To sweeten the deal, those of you that have already added VEEMEE’s London Pub personal space to your collection will receive a discount on each of these games ($1.99 for Darts, $2.49 for the English and American Pool package), which will be available from the Exclusives store beginning this Thursday, July 15th. So take this as your “cue” to “dart” on over to the PlayStation Home Mall and prove once and for all that you are the King (or Queen) of two of PlayStation Home’s most popular games.

Fans of the recently-released Midway space will finally be able to add the Trigger Happy-in-a-Box game to their collection of personal games. This game will be available at a discounted price of $0.49 for players that have purchased the Midway Bar Key (similarly, if you purchase the Trigger Happy-in-the-Box game at its full price of $2.99 you will receive a discount on the Midway Bar Key). Be sure to add this game to your collection by visiting the Midway space or the Exclusives store in the PlayStation Home Mall starting this Thursday.

Last but not least, the long-awaited Killzone 2 Radec costume will be made available this week along with additional Monkey Island 2 items. You can pick up the former from the Threads store in the PlayStation Home Mall while the latter can be found in the LucasArts store come this Thursday.

Killzone 2 Radec costume

See you in Home!

+ Feral_Dragon on July 14th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

Any chance of having the avp alien from april crawl? Is the new stuff for the girls more skimpy clothes cos why bother if they are? Enough “girls” walk around in bikinis as it is. I’d rather more fun costumes like the EU cats and dogs. I like the pool table idea though, and glad that us london pub owners get a discount on them.

So more animal costumes PLEASE

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ GlassWalls on July 14th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

More animals–noted!

+ letherclad on July 14th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

I might have to get that radec costume to celebrate getting the kz2 platinum a couple of weeks ago, it looks great, good job guys!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ GlassWalls on July 14th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

That is always a fun way to celebrate a great game! Congrats on the Platinum Trophy!

+ DA_SHREDDER on July 14th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

This is awesome, Now where the heck is my personal bowling alley room? Also, when are we gonna beable to talk and play games at the same time? Dude, we so need cross game chat, it would make Home even more fun to be in.

+ XxadrammelechXx on July 14th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

great update home staff :D as long as i have been in home conference everyone has been asking about pooltables so kudos for listening :) btw is the just cause stuff 2morw soon ? and what stores will be updated. ty
~Buzz

+ WaveLightning777 on July 14th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Thanks for the reply, Glass. Now I gotta choose… 3 bucks in my PSN wallet ATM. Darts and Trigger Happy, or Pool. I’ve got thinking to do tonight, lol.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ GlassWalls on July 14th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

You could go for one while a friend gets the other, then take turns hanging out at each others’ pad to enjoy both!

+ darkan12-nl on July 14th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

GlassWalls be sure you practice some pool :)

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ GlassWalls on July 14th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Uh oh. I hear the rumblings of a Community vs Me challenge.

+ awsome_robot on July 14th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Any Killzone content is welcomed. But I would really like to see all multiplayer skins available on home.

+ Hakeem_PR on July 14th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

any new space this week

+ lol_123 on July 14th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

sweet its great being back after my ps3 died cant wait till tomorrow.

+ darkan12-nl on July 14th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

ha! you got it!when, where, what time? lol

+ Jim777 on July 14th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

You are on fire today Glass, nice job keeping up with the replies :)

And in response to:

GlassWalls | July 14th, 2010 at 4:43 pm
Uh oh. I hear the rumblings of a Community vs Me challenge.

Oh yes we will have to cook something up Muahahahha

+ The_Leducs on July 14th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Aaaaahhhhhhh. Awesome update, just like the last few. Good work.

+ footballrule on July 14th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Lots of replies from Glass today huh? :p

So will all these new games for personal spaces be added to the Exclusives store?

+ PaperCarrier on July 14th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

@footballrule Yes they will be available for purchase in the Exclusives store.

+ Jetup on July 14th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

YES! More games for my clubhouse!
GlassWalls, how much are they?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ GlassWalls on July 14th, 2010 at 5:48 pm said:

See my reply to one of the comments on the first page for prices.

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 14th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Glass when did u finally hear the chant load n clear cause we been yellin for them for like two years now. lol just messin with ya

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 14th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

they will probably be like $15 for each game. unless u own the pub then they will be $14.99

+ PaperCarrier on July 14th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

$15 or 14,99? WOW,Did you guys even read through the whole Blog post?

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 14th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

they are$1.99 for Darts, $2.49 for the English and American Pool package

+ bigdaddyellis40 on July 14th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

I was joking bro

+ PaperCarrier on July 14th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

You can buy all three games for under $8.

+ MoneyMaker110 on July 14th, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

i might actually buy pool and put a table in the bat cave

+ awsome_robot on July 14th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

Any word if we could eventually get transformers war for cybertron stuff for home?

+ willynews on July 14th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

How I get the rides?

+ atone1382 on July 14th, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

I’m really starting to dig these Home additions you guys are rolling out. Giving me more and more reason just to pop in and spend some downtime tinkering around in there.

Another thing I am really enjoying is buying a retail game and spending the time I usually do trying to get the most out of it, then logging into home only to find some goodies from the game waiting for me there. I got my UC2 Phurba Dagger Resting on my table in my home space.

+ tigown on July 14th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

Little by little, Home is becoming a great place.

+ nahum24 on July 14th, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

That’s so cool that the pool tables will finally be available tomorrow Thursday. I was wondering will Home ever have functional virtual TVs to watch on with friends on our personal Home space? Also i would definitely love Home even better if they are willing to bring Dragonball Z costumes, Dragonball Z virtual items and Dragonball Z game space to Home. Keep up the good work.

+ BlazeKush420 on July 14th, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

how about a boom box I can put in my home and put songs from my ps3 on it so it plays music I want to play not crap

+ JoeDierte on July 14th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

awesome! games for personal spaces! this will be a big hit. i want to turn my personal spaces into a gaming room. maybe more arcade cabinets from others like sega, atari, capcom, etc…? or maybe an arcade by each company with the same model as the midway space? i will be glad to spend more money in Home for more features like these.

the current arcade cabinets by namco have serious load problems. then when finished wth a game it boots me out to the navigator. am i doing something wrong? or have the namco cabinets met their limit in Home?

thank you!

+ Lucky13X on July 14th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

With the release of the personal games, I hope this does not cause a Ghost Town to happen in the Bowling alley.

Also, why is it that the Feva space Simulation game had the final setup between Spain and Argentia as the final. Were we actually playing a Fantasy game and not guessing the outcome of the World Cup? If so, that is very disappointing as I got most of the final’s predictions right and now I missed out on some Major points. Really wanted that net and Soccer Ball outfit.

So very disappointing Sony.

Btw, can you get the Feva Space and gave up for the next few weeks so we can continue to meet with folks from other regions?

+ Lucky13X on July 14th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

@ GlassWalls for comment #21.

Without the help of the community’s tips, those Midway games are barely close to being gambling games which I would like to say should be illegal due to the odds being stacked against you. But this is just me ranting because I have spent close $4 on that space and only have the Miz Fortune jacket to show for it and a few other items.

I would like to spend more there, but until I master each game for free, I will be avoiding buying any additional tokens for this area.

Something tells me though that you guys are going to be rollin in the dough and will have some nice bonuses coming the way of those guys we saw in the videos that played in the E3 space. Here’s hoping they remember our support when they buy their new heated office chairs with their profits. lol. ;-)

+ halo_nothing on July 14th, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

Thanks for replying to my question, Glass. Much appreciated.

+ Mattchewie on July 14th, 2010 at 7:04 pm said:

[hint]

VEEMEE should work on a 1 lane bowling space….with room for that pool table and darts :P

[/hint]

+ Pariah_Dark on July 14th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

It’s great that you guys are putting up pool tables and darts. It makes people want to use their personals and clubs more. But now that you’re making these kinds of games, how about making table soccer, table tennis, and air hockey. Those will add plenty to the HOME experience I think

+ that-acmilan-guy on July 14th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

@ Locust or GlassWalls : Hey guys, it was just since yesterday i my fiends and i are using home almost 12/7, its incredibly fun to hangout with friends virtually who dont live across the town.

One of the things i love is how some games unlock Home items, like Batcave from Arkham Asylum and sombrero and RDR T from Red Dead Redemption. I really wana see more games having home unlocks. Can you please shed some light on this matter? Thanks alot.

+ Wolf26pack on July 14th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

I am definitely looking forward to the pool tables & I suppose $3.49 for 2 Pool tables isn’t a bad deal. I’m hoping to see some updates to the IREM spaces soon, like the Shooting Gallery being updated & addition of the Spelunker Space or that new Mall like Area IREM got. Finally when concerning the IREM space please let the developers know that North America would like to be included in the Great April Fools Day Event IREM throws every year.

I am also hoping that soon the ability to listen to Music weather on Walkmans or iPod’s are added soon so we can listen to our own music on our Hardrives while we walk around Home even though I think that the ability to listen our own music should be free. If the ability to listen to our music in our apartments ever get’s added so everyone can hear our music I hope that our existing Stereo’s are updated so they work and we don’t have to buy new Stereo’s.

To be Continued…

+ Wolf26pack on July 14th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

On another note keep the Sales coming, It’s been pretty tight on my wallet but with some of the good sales I can’t help but plunk down a few dollars for some of the Home furniture & Costumes. I really enjoyed the Home Starter bundle & hope their are more like it coming in the future, I found it to be a GREAT value!!!

Finally Thanks again for the 4th of July Event/Canadian Day Event, it was a BLAST!!!

Wolf26pack

+ TheGuardianFID on July 14th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

Awesome stuff guys, thank you!!! 8)

+ Conrad_Max on July 14th, 2010 at 9:41 pm said:

Gr-r-reat update. I definitely will be getting the pool tables as pool is my game of choice in real life. I will take the time to hang with friends and Family playing a few games, but I will certainly go out to the Bowling Alley to socialize with strangers over a game or two.

As for the dart board and arcade game, I will have to start my own gaming arcade.

Thanks for the news, Locust_Star, and thanks for answering our questions, GlassWalls.

+ yosoylindo445 on July 14th, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

why we don’t have call of duty modern warfare 2 personal space or by unlocking items for our personal space what you think i be the first and buy it, the boom box its cool but we want hear our personal music from the ps3 at our personal space come on sony make it beleave the world its waiting for you oh i almost forgot the stream tv hd free sound good, i hope see it in the features.

+ hunnybunnee on July 15th, 2010 at 12:05 am said:

Does anyone else get the XMB freezing whilst in home,seems to be getting worse,cant read messages now,and had to quit home yesterday to open my message box.Also i havent seen a mod in home for weeks,the noobs are running riot with their cussing and bad behaviour.

+ villa2144 on July 15th, 2010 at 12:39 am said:

Now when are getting our own bowling alleys?

+ HoIlyWoodCeIeb on July 15th, 2010 at 1:14 am said:

numba 86 awww nah u did not just say iPOD in da sony home. mang what you be thankin up in dat head? I could be seein some of dem SONY MP3 playas in da home but not dat iPOD get outtas here cmon serious. I wuz been likin to see some thangs in home like u know a swimmin pool to bring ma fine hunnies to take a dip u know. we got dat little pool thang in da tropical escape but cmon pschhh dats like a little kid pool- u know – I mean you got us jumpin on dem giant beds and all dat in da toy stories so why not get us some swim action I mean I buy all da swim gear but all I can do is u know sink to da bottom of irem and drown wats dat all about me wanna doggy paddle round u know but dont let ma woman brittney spears kno bout dis cause she dont know about all ma other hunnies u know. u know

+ netherbornzombie on July 15th, 2010 at 1:35 am said:

cool stuff pool is a game i never get 2 play cause of the lack of tables thanks a bunch, but now i want a buster sword. LOL

+ netherbornzombie on July 15th, 2010 at 1:47 am said:

i agree about the dragonball z stuff that would be cool. i would probably buy all of that.

+ Sons-of-Helghan on July 15th, 2010 at 2:00 am said:

@5, If it’s an army you need, we can help. ^_-

+ CherylRose on July 15th, 2010 at 2:47 am said:

I would love some plain ol’ kitty ears, either in an array of colors, or maybe they just automatch hair colors?(that’d be super cool) But thanks so much guys for this update, it seems really cool!

You guys should allow for in game music now or bring back open voice chat(with some new privacy options like friends only) :)

+ B055Y_ on July 15th, 2010 at 4:21 am said:

nothing off if you got ps+ ??

+ B055Y_ on July 15th, 2010 at 4:30 am said:

dun get me wrong.. im like the idea of having games to play with other, like bowling and etc.. and paying to have that same thing now in ur personal space is oky.. but why not step it up a lil, more customized pool tables.. one with a radio, one with plasma tv on each side, one that shots laser at un-wanted player, not damage other so not violent but lil cartoony.., pshome.. ya can make anything do anything….

another that lets you stick photos any where you want, on the pool mat or a pool light overhead.. people like customizing their own.. any one wif me on this?? customized personal space pool tables hav a good ring to it.. :)

+ sagejonathan on July 15th, 2010 at 5:00 am said:

Sweet and lovin that message at the end. It actually made me smile and i dont usually smile -_-