Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Jul 14

PlayStation minis: Over 1 Million Served

Susan Panico's Avatar Posted by Susan Panico on Jul 14, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

Today we’re pleased to announce that our smallest downloadable games have passed a very big milestone: over 1 million minis have been downloaded worldwide.

minis hits 1 million downloads

The minis line launched 9 months ago as a quick-to-download, bite-sized experience perfect for on-the-go PlayStation Portable gaming. There are now over 85 titles available on the PlayStation Store, and most are now playable on the PlayStation 3 as well as PSP.

So which minis have been downloaded the most? Here are your top 10 most popular titles:

1. Age of Zombies
  2. Monopoly
  3. Fieldrunners
  4. Zombie Tycoon
  5. Bloons
  6. Spot The Differences!
  7. Pinball Fantasies
  8. Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2
  9. Yetisports Pengu Throw
  10. Breakquest

Many more minis are on the way, including Pacman CE from Namco Bandai Networks, so keep your eye on the PlayStation Store. Congratulations to all of our minis developers (over 50 in all), here’s to another million downloads!

PAGE 1 2

+ sk8boardn8 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Congradulations Sony. im proud of you guys for being able to reach this milestone, but i have an issue to address, it seems that ur psn costumers, me included, are very disappointed that after 4years of asking for cross-game chat, you have failed to deliver. Its more like your avoiding the issue, and i would really respect you guys more if you just came out and said you couldn’t do it, rather then giving us the run around. because we believe it can be done. now i know probably nobody is going to listen to me being that you guys haven’t listened to us for 4years but i jus had to get my point across.

+ Ar4chNova89 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Not as many people care about cross-game chat as you think.
Quit complaining.

+ subbed on July 14th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

Prices are often too high but keep them coming.

+ FriedConsole on July 14th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

So glad they mentioned Pacman CE!!! I was worried this game might be dead. It was announced like a year ago.

I love the mini platform. Please keep them coming!

Glad Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies are getting purchases.

People need to buy Blast Off, Freekscape, and Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess. They are awesome!

+ FredPunella on July 14th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

sk8boardn8 shut up.

Go back to your POS RRoDbox.

+ depward on July 14th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess was brilliant. Loved all of halfbrick’s minis as well.

+ krae_man on July 14th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

These would sell a lot better in an enviroment that didn’t top out at $40.

Lets Golf! ipod: $1.99(also has been put on sale for $0.99)

Lets Golf! PSP: $6.99(later dropped to $4.99)

Also wasn’t tetris $10 when it launched?

“We’re priced competetivly with the ipod touch” was the justification for the PSP Go’s $249 price tag. It would be nice if your software was also priced competetivly.

I’m tired of buying nothing for my PSP Go because everything is priced so out of whack. Please fix that.

+ ExPresident on July 14th, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

Got Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners with my PSN+ subscription. I’d have never bought these games without that subscription and thats sad, cause both these titles are very enjoyable, especially for what they charge.

Tetris only works with PSP tho? I’d like to dl that one to play on my ps3 occassionally.

+ FriedConsole on July 14th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

@ #25 krae_man

I am OK with the iPhone/PSP price differences. I find that it is worth a little extra to play a game properly with real buttons.

+ David2Crazy on July 14th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

If they had trophies I would probably be more interested in buying more. So far the only ones I’ve downloaded are the ones that are free with Playstation Plus.

+ F-minus on July 14th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

THANK YOU SIR!!!…. May I have another?!

+ gameboy36 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

Halfbrick deserves thank-you’s.

+ Theodore87 on July 14th, 2010 at 8:48 am said:

+ StealthReborn-- on July 14th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Did I just read something about PacMan coming? I remember playing that arcade game at my dentist when I was a little kid! Looking forward to that game on PSN as a mini. :)

PAGE 1 2