Bloodborne

What PlayStation Move Setup is Right for You?

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Jul 14, 2010 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Now that E3 2010 is in the books and all of the launch details around PlayStation Move have been announced, I know a lot of you may be wondering exactly what you need to start playing motion-controlled gaming on the PS3. So, here’s a primer that spells out all the great options that will be available and how much it will cost you to get up and running with PlayStation Move.

PlayStation Move bundle set

The PlayStation Move platform consists of the PlayStation Move motion controller, the PlayStation Eye camera and, of course, the PS3 system. We’ll offer various options for you to choose from depending on what hardware you already own and what kind of PlayStation Move experience will satisfy you. Here’s a breakdown of prices depending on your current situation.

What Move Setup is Right for You?

I don’t yet have a PS3

• Your best option: *PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle
  • How much it will cost? $399.99

PS3 Move Bundle

I have a PS3 and nothing else

• Your best option: **PlayStation Move Bundle
  • How much it will cost? $99.99

Move Bundle

I have a PS3 and PlayStation Eye camera

• Your best option: Move Motion Controller
  • How much it will cost? $49.99

Move Controller

*The PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle comes with: a PS3 system, 1 PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye Camera, the Sports Champions Blu-ray game and a PlayStation Move game demo disc.

** The PlayStation Move Bundle comes with: 1 PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, the Sports Champions Blu-ray disc game and a PlayStation Move demo disc.

For those of you who own a PS3 already, the PlayStation Move Bundle is the complete Move package, offering everything that you, your friends and your family need to enjoy PlayStation Move in both single-player and multiplayer modes. The PlayStation Move platform is designed to be flexible. We’ve done our best to give you plenty of options, both in terms of gameplay and hardware, so you can customize your PlayStation Move experience to fit the way you game.

For the vast majority of PlayStation Move games, you can play with one motion controller when playing solo. There are some titles that give you the option to play single-player with one *or* two motion controllers if you would like, such as Sports Champions. It’s completely up to you. One title launching this fall that is an exception worth noting is The Fight: Lights Out, which requires two motion controllers to deliver the best possible experience, tracking both arms and your head with one-to-one precision.

In many games, when you’re playing against friends or family, you can all share one motion controller – in a game like Start the Party!, for example, players can just pass the motion controller around. You will need more than one motion controller only for simultaneous game play — for example, if you’re going head-to-head with a friend in a Sports Champions gladiator duel, you will each need your own motion controller.

PlayStation Move

The PlayStation Move Navigation Controller is an optional add-on that brings directional buttons, an analog stick, and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move’s control scheme. The sleek Navigation Controller essentially replicates the left side of the DualShock 3 controller for familiar and natural control. At $29.99, we think it’s a wonderful supplement to the PlayStation Move platform, especially for games like Heavy Rain, where you control a character, but it’s not required for any of the PlayStation Move games. The DualShock 3 controller that came with your PS3 will let you do everything the Navigation Controller does in all PlayStation Move titles.

It all goes back to the PlayStation philosophy that every consumer is different, and everybody benefits when you get to make your own choices. An extra motion controller or a navigation controller are additive to the PlayStation Move experience. For some of you, aiming a bow and arrow with two motion controllers in Sports Champions will be the enhanced realism you’re craving; for others, one controller will work just fine.

Bottom line is, we’ve got you all covered. We hope we’ve provided enough great options for all of you out there and can’t wait until you can get your hands on PlayStation Move come September 19th.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

+ Powie on July 14th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

We need a bundle with Move, Nav controller, and the game. There are how many million of us who have the cam already!!!

+ LeoMindfreak08 on July 14th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

I will be getting the $99 bundle too, looks like little bit expensive (but just for my location in the planet). Hope launch more titles to September …

+ Dragonzblaze on July 14th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

getting the second one the ps move bundle cant wait to try it out

+ KazeEternal on July 14th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

I’m with 25 on this one guys. I’m an early adopter and it just seems like I’m getting screwed out of owning sports champions and a demo disc because of it.

Cost so far:
Move – 50 dollars
Game – 30 dollars
PS Eye – 50 dollars
TOTAL: 130 dollars

How is that fair? Everyone else gets the game and demo for free as a result.

Lucky for you guys I had 40 dollars in Amazon.com credit to burn on this and I’m getting a second move and a Navigation controller. However you guys need to do something for the rest of us to get us Sports Champions or at the very least the demo disc.

+ sac_o_potatoes on July 14th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

i have a camera and a ps3 how much will the controllers cost cuz i really want it

John Koller's Avatar

+ Kim Nguyen on July 14th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

The motion controller is $49.99 and the optional navigation controller is $29.99.

+ Darth-Krayt on July 14th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

I’m iffy on Move right now. It’s certainly the best motion devices out of the 3 platforms being basically a simplified mo-cap system, which will be MUCH more accurate then what Nintendo is offering with thier tech being just tilt in conjunction with infra-red lightgun tech from 1985. So Move is the only motion controls I would even consider, if I do decide to get into it.

The one thing as of right now that has the most chance of selling me on Move is the Move update for Heavy Rain. Using Move for Heavy Rain really does look amazing, and actually looks like it makes the game even BETTER, which is saying something because the game is already amazing to begin with. IF I get Move for Heavy Rain, I’ll deffinitely be getting Sorcery as well.

Also, if you guy don’t have LucasArts working on a Lightsaber game for Move, that’s a major mis-step.

And finally, you guys should have a “Shooter Bundle” with the Move, the sub controller and the gun peripheral for $75 USD.

+ Sareth on July 14th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

I’m really looking forward to the Playstation Move. I already own a Playstation Eye, so I will likely just be purchasing the move controller. But I also really want a copy of Sports Champions. Will it be sold separately, and if so how much?

Thanks!

John Koller's Avatar

+ Kim Nguyen on July 14th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

Yes, it will be sold separately for $39.99.

+ Darth-Krayt on July 14th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Correction….I meant $85 USD

+ Lara-Croft on July 14th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

I think there should be a bundle with 2 Move controllers one Navigation controller, Camera & Game. $140 would be a nice price..LOL

+ ReflectionistBaz on July 14th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

bored? vote for me! http: //www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22292

+ Pileobunnies on July 14th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

There needs to be a bundle for people who already have the camera. I realize there’s a danger of confusion if you have too many bundles but this just doesn’t seem fair!

+ Craazy on July 14th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

I agree with post 50……we need a bundle for the folks who have the eye already, like $79.99 with all the goodies but no PSeye

+ SPARDA on July 14th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

We need option #4

Motion Control and a Navigation Control Bundle

Make the bundle above $69.99 and you have better odd of hardcore gamers joining the Move wave

+ lswanson1 on July 14th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

Sony, you guys really, REALLY need to offer a Wand, Navigation controller and game bundle. ALOT of your consumers have already purchased a PS Eye. Bundle it for $79.99 for both controllers and the game and it will be your best seller.

+ VixDiesel on July 14th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

I will not be getting Move. I hate all motion controls. It’s a gimmick like 3d. I’ve only played on game on the PS3 that does motion well.

I hope Move fails so Sony can go back to focusing on things we really want like an updated xmb, cross game chatting, ps2 emulation, auto syncing trophies, and what not.

+ ProjectInfiniti on July 14th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

@65
no one cares what you think’s a gimmick. gtho.

+ Detsuki-G on July 14th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

I really think SONY’s making a big mistake by not having some Move and Navi bundle for 60-65$ or something… Or a Move, Navi and camera for 80$ or something along those lines. Yes we can use our current DS3/Sixaxis but that’s very off-putting when you think about it.

+ Aeolus426 on July 14th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

i just had to say this is the worst deal ever. i don’t want to have to use my dual shock 3 as the second half of a controller nor due i have a playstation eye so i have to spend $120 [DELETED] i say!

+ onlineatron on July 14th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

How about the bundle for those who want TWO controllers to have an experience that can’t be provided with a Wii?

+ PHILLYD_1230 on July 14th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

I’d probably get the 99 dollar bundle.One question which is important to alot of people like me is can people with physical limitations like being unable to walk still use the peripheral?since i am physically disable myself this is an important question.

+ Aggilus on July 14th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

I’ll go for 3rd bundle

+ Zinacef on July 14th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

This was exactly the kind of information I was looking forward to. Any place for kudos?!

+ Detsuki-G on July 14th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

And not everyone wants Sports Champions… I sure as hell don’t….

+ KazeEternal on July 14th, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

@22

Have you even played a wii? After several hours of comparing what the wii does to what the PS Move can do, I have to say you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Comparisons:
Punch Out vs The Fight: Lights Out (terrible name btw)
Metroid Prime Trilogy + COD vs Socom 4 + KZ3

Take those games and play them on the wii, then watch the demonstrations of the Move titles. Observe the angle, out of camera view discussions and more from the videos on the blog and PSN. Punch Out alone to get any where near what The fight is promising requires a 100 dollar accessory called the balance board, that’s still more than buying 2 Move controllers and the game (if you include the fact you’re paying another system).

One last thing, the Wii has serious aiming issues. The camera is built into the controller not set at the front of the room. If the angle of your hand for a moment losses sight of that stupid bar the wii has, the game goes bonkers. This won’t happen with PS3.

+ ElektroDragon on July 14th, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

Not including the $30 navigation controller in these “setups” is so misleading its almost bait and switch.

+ SpeedRacer1955 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

I think a bundle priced at $59.99 with the Move+Navigation Sub Controller.

And to all asking if the bundles come with Demo Disc, I would say yes or at least a Voucher for Free Download from PSN Store.

+ warezIbanez on July 14th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Sorry, Koller, I ain’t buying ’till the Navi is INCLUDED with the Move controller. If both are bundled at $60, I’ll be fine, but I’m sure no one else wants to get ‘em separately for $80.

Do something different than what the competition is doing already and bundle both controllers!

+ RudeAnimat0r on July 14th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

There needs to be a Move bundle with a game that existing gamers are going to want. I’m frankly surprised there isn’t a ‘hardcore’ bundle or some nonsense with SOCOM 4.

I’m interested in Move but I have absolutely no interest in Sports Champions. So if I buy a Move, an Eye and SOCOM 4 separately we’re talking $140-150; that’s not looking all that desirable.

+ Hellman on July 14th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Probably a dumb question, but will playstation move games have trophies?

+ Heat31 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

What is the hard drive size on the Move Bundle PS3?

+ TheRealNobri on July 14th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Does the $399.99 bundle come with a vertical stand for the PS3? It looks like that’s what’s included, but I doubt it…

John Koller's Avatar

+ Kim Nguyen on July 14th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

No, the bundle does not come with a vertical stand.

+ Nick_392 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

How is the ps3 move bundle a good deal when you could buy them separately at the same price. Aren’t bundles supposed to be cheaper than separately.

+ hypersackboy on July 14th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

I hope SCEA will bring Beat Sketch (formerly Sing and Draw) to America. Please Please!

Also I hope every PSMove game has a PSMove bundle just like the DualShock3 bundles.
LBP2 must have a bundle.
Sorcery must have a bundle.

Also is there a 3 piece bundle for the PS Eye, Move controller and the Navigation controller.

Also does the Navigation controller have Six-Axis Motion Sensing Control?

+ TomHoang on July 14th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

I already have the camera, but I’ll be picking up the $100 bundle. I was already planning on getting Sports Champions, so I would rather pay $100 to get another camera rather than $90 for no camera.

+ HelghastDancer on July 14th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

I will get Sports Champions Bundle and another Move.
But I want a bundle of Move + Navegation + Socom 4 for $100.
You guys have to do it.

+ scorpio182 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

@50 – I hope they do.

I have the PSEYE like many here and would love to see a bundle without it. Say 2 motion controllers and the game etc..

But I may just go for option 2 and get a $10 PSEYE for my second PS3.

+ johnnyblades on July 14th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

I wish there was an option for people that already have a PS3 and a PSEye that is a value add. Right now we would have to spend 100 dollars to still get Sports Champions and a Move controller. The same price as the Game, Move and PSEye bundle.

How about a 69.99 option for the game and a move controller.

+ Ezz on July 14th, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

Great options but if like so many you’ve already invested in a PS3, The Eye and several Dualshocks the only real option is the third but no sports move or demo!

Do we then need to purchase these addition items separately?

+ GuitarrassDeAmor on July 14th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

All I have to say is that the team who made these bundles is stupid. Really.

First of all, I can understand the first bundle. Great if you don’t have anything. Bravo.

Second bundle: okay, understandable. Pretty good price for everything. But no sub-controller…why?

Third bundle: What the hell? You want to really screw the guys who already have the PS Eye by making us pay $50 for a controller then another $40 for a game then ANOTHER $30 for the sub controller. That isn’t even counting the PS Eye we already bought…makes absolutely no sense.

+ Tikal14 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

I kinda wish the Navigation Controller came with the bundles. I’ll probably end up using the Move for both games that don’t absolutely need it, and ones that would probably be better with it. But oh well, nonetheless; I am definitely getting the 2nd option this Fall! Really looking forward to it!

+ krae_man on July 14th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

I like how the photo of the Console bundle doesn’t mention hard drive size.

Any beans you want to spill?:p

Dissappointed there isn’t a Move controler+game bundle for people who already own a PSeye. One Move game + the controller is $90, only $10 less then the people who have no PSeye.

If you’re not going to do an official bundle, at least due what is necessary to allow retailers to offer a bundle for less then MSRP of the two items sold seperatly.

+ MassaBR on July 14th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

I hope there are $99 bundles with different games. Sports Champions looks cool but I already own both Wii Sports games so I’d rather buy something different.

+ emiru69 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

I think I’m going to pass on this one, it just too much money for something that I’m not sure if It is for me. I have the PS Eye but:
1) Move Motion Controller = 50 bucks
2) Game = 40 bucks
3) Navigation controller = 30 bucks
4) 2nd Move Motion Controller to play “The Fight” or playing with a friend= 50 bucks

Total $ 170 to have the “full experience”. It just too much money for me, but either way good luck.

+ krae_man on July 14th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

There’s still the Eyepet move bundle being offered right?

+ linebeginstoblur on July 14th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

I already have a PlayStation Eye camera, but I’m thinking about going with the Move bundle anyway… I want 2 Move controllers and Sports Champions, and just for that alone, it comes to almost the same price.

$100 Move controller, Eye camera, Sports Champions, demo disc
$50 additional Move controller

versus:

$50 Move controller
$50 Move controller
$40 Sports Champions

So for $10 extra dollars, I’d get a second Eye camera (maybe for my computer to use as a webcam?) and a demo disc.

And why is it being released on a Sunday? I would have wanted to preorder it through Amazon, but now, if I want it in my hands on the day it comes out, I have to go to a B&M retailer, I guess like GameStop… :/

+ jadge5 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

What about the leftys?!! Peaple who hold the move in there left hand won’t be able to hold the duolshock 3 properly and I don’t think its nessesary to buy a navigation controller.

+ SpeedRacer1955 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

If some of you asking about HDD size would use Google you can find your answer. But since you are too lazy to type a search you will find out that the bundle is using the 250gb Slim.

+ LordRaoh on July 14th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

i already pre ordered two motion controllers, one navigation contoller and sports champions.. i forgot to pre order lights out, i’ll have to remember that when i go back to the store

+ Marioface5 on July 14th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

The problem I see with playing with just one motion controller is that how does the game control your other hand? It’d feel kind of weird in something like that gladiator thing if my shield or offhand weapon were controlled by the game instead of me.

+ jimmyfoxhound on July 14th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

You are doing a SERIOUS disservice to the developers of these Move games by ignoring the Nav controller. Bundle the Nav controller with SOMETHING. By ignoring it this will cause more confusion and thinking people can just use a dualshock with one hand is seriously misguided. Remember, you’re mostly aiming for the Wii market with this and do you think a small kids hand can use a dualshock while also using the move? Come ON Sony! If you think the Nav is so useless why did you even bother to develop it?

John Koller's Avatar

+ Kim Nguyen on July 14th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

The navigation controller is perfect for certain games that require you to manipulate your character. If you don’t want to buy the navigation controller, you can use the DualShock 3 D-pad. The reason why we didn’t bundle it with anything is because the navigation controller is optional and we want to give consumers the choice.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7