Driveclub

NIS update: New Ar tonelico Qoga for PS3, Cladun and Z.H.P. for PSP

Nao Zook's Avatar + Posted by Nao Zook on Jul 16, 2010 // PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Hello everyone! NIS America just held our annual press event in San Francisco, and we’ve announced several new titles!

Let’s cut to the chase. Here are three titles we will be releasing in Fall 2010 and Spring 2011. First of all, Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel for the PlayStation 3 will be released in Spring of 2011! Nobody saw this coming, right? ;)

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel is the final entry in the Ar tonelico series. There will still be song magic features, but the battle system has changed drastically. It is now an action-based battle system, and there is an eye popping twist to it as well… literally. You’ll be experiencing some edgy and kinky special moves the Ar tonelico girls pull off in this game! But we’ll talk about that a little later.

The game features all new characters with a new story, so even if you are new to the Ar tonelico series, you won’t have any problems getting into it! And if you have been a fan of the series… thank you for waiting patiently for this announcement! Ar tonelico Qoga will be released in Spring of 2011. Check out some of the Japanese screenshots until we have more to show!

Ar Tonelico Qoga Ar Tonelico Qoga

Let’s move on to the next announcement. We will release two Nippon Ichi Software PSP titles in fall! They are… “Cladun: This is an RPG” and “Z.H.P. : Unlosing Ranger VS. Darkdeath Evilman”!

Cladun will be released only on PlayStation Network. It is a retro-looking dungeon crawler RPG with (almost) unlimited customization for your equipment, Magic Circle (character battle formation), character features, and even the last boss! The dungeons will randomly change all the time, so even if you re-visit a dungeon, the traps, enemies, dungeon map, and more will be different. It is a PSN-only title, but don’t underestimate its endless replay value! Check out the trailer below. Also, check back on www.nisamerica.com for the official Cladun website, which will launch around 5pm Pacific Time today!

Z.H.P. is NIS’s new strategy RPG. The ridiculously over-the-top story and characters make you feel right back in familiar NIS territory. The story goes something like this: The main character (you) is an ordinary shy young man. One day, walking on the street after getting some stuff from a convenience store, he witnesses a car accident! Oh no! The victim was the hero, the Unlosing Ranger, supposed to be at the Last Boss Battle to save the world… The hero asks the young man to take over his mission to save the world from the Last Boss, Darkdeath Evilman. Unable to refuse the hero’s last wish, the young man became the weakest, wimpiest main character ever in videogame history!!

Z.H.P. will be released this coming Fall on both PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Network! Check out the trailer to see how deep this game is!

I hope you are excited about our new titles! Lastly, I have something very exciting news for Atelier Rorona fans: We have decided to make a premium package including a hard cover art book. The game and art book will come in a premium box with Rorona artwork on it! Yay! Also, we launched the official website for Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland! Enjoy!

Atelier Rorona

Thank you for reading my blog post. Hope you enjoyed it!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Vincent_Kavaldra on July 16th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Interesting, but wake me when you’re ready to announce a Disgaea 3 PSP port. Look at the game on PS3 and tell me you couldn’t manage a version on PSP! Or better yet, an all new disgaea title specifically made for PSP!!! (And no, a visual novel doesn’t count!)

+ Nao Zook on July 16th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

Hello Vincent_Kavaldra,
    I see you love Disgaea:)
    I think you will totally enjoy ZHP on PSP. ZHP was developed by Disgaea team! Hope you will give it a try!

thanks,

+ SoopaMan2K on July 16th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Good News!

I was hoping for the Fall for Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel though, but GOOD NEWS and thanks!

+ Nao Zook on July 16th, 2010 at 6:28 pm said:

Hi SoopaMan2K,

Yeah, that would’ve been great, but Ar tonelico Qoga is so huge! Our localization team is working really hard on it though!

thank you!

+ UNCyrus on July 16th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

I love NIS so much…

+ eatthemall on July 16th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

great

+ Imphobia on July 16th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Thanks for the love NIS, can’t wait for fall!

+ eatthemall on July 16th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Neptune game isnt coming?

+ Nintendo451 on July 16th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

Cladun looks….awesome… I’ve been playing Zenonia on my iPod and I’ve been thinking “I want another game like this on another handheld.” Can’t wait!

+ eatthemall on July 16th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

No hope for:
Antiphona
La Pucelle Ragnarok
Atelier Judie PSP
Blue Roses

+ Nao Zook on July 16th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

Hi eatthemall,

At this moment, we don’t have any plans for them. But there is always hope!

best,

+ Vorbital on July 16th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

Great news. Any info on an Atelier Rorona EU release date? no stores here seem to have anything yet.

+ Nao Zook on July 16th, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

Hi Vorbital,

Rorona will be released in Europe this Fall!

Thanks,

+ WillAllon on July 16th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Please release both your ps3 games in europe asap!!!

+ X_Weapon on July 16th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

I never played an Ar Tolenico game. Mayne I’ll start with this 3rd entry in the series now that is in 3D.

* Important *
The premium box will be available in Europe too or I need to import that version ( and waste money for do that :( )

* End *

This box-art is more enjoyable than the one of the “standard” edition.

P.S.
The Ar Tolenico III’s screenshot are thumbnail only. The redirect don’t works and the Z.H.P.’s video its the Cladun’s video. :P

+ Nao Zook on July 16th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

Hi X_Weapon,

Atelier Rorona in Europe will be in a regular package.
    I am glad that you liked the premium package art! I really like it too:)

Thank you!

+ reson8er on July 16th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

Love you guys, the new IP looks awesome, really looking forward to all these games. Keep it up NIS! :)

+ Nao Zook on July 16th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

Hi reson8er,

So glad to hear to hear that! Thank you!

+ eatthemall on July 16th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

where is Z.H.P trailer

+ eatthemall on July 16th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

@10 +1

+ Destiny89 on July 16th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Hey Nao, how are you? hope your doing great. just wanted to thank you again for always bringing great games to PS3 and hope that you guys will keep them coming. im having a blast with Trinity Universe but for now im waiting for all DLC’s to release so i can buy them all and start the game till i reach 100% in trophies :P. if its possible as always i have couple opf questions :P.

1- Is there any chance for NISA to bring Neptune out in English? that game look amazing!

3- Any chance in getting the psp Atelier game and bring it to us which i think was released earlier in Japan this year?

4- When are you expecting the new avatars to be released on PSN?

5- i know this might not be possible but i have always wanted to ask this. do you think its possible for NISA to bring and localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3? Seems like Namco is not doing anything regarding this title :(

Lastly i would say thank you once more for the great job you guys are doing in bringing us more RPG’s to ps3 :). i cant wait for Ar tonelico Quga and Atelier Rorona. im buying 2 copies each! mainly because myself and my brother we both are big fans of the Atelier and Ar Tonelico games :)

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Hi Destiny89,

I am doing well! Thank you for asking. I am still tired from the press event trip to San Francisco, but it’s all good. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying Trinity Universe!

I am sorry that I couldn’t answer your questions right away. Well, here you go!

1. Oh, Neptune does look amazing. I am personally hoping we can bring it over to NA. We don’t know if we can bring it over here just yet, but I will make sure to bring any news regarding the title to you all here when I have more info! Let’s cross fingers for Neptune!

2. Hmmm, skipped!

3. As for the PSP Atelier games, we unfortunately don’t have any plans for bringing them over here at this moment. Sorry:(

4. Oh, Avatars. We are still working on it. It is taking a lot more than I thought. Sorry for the delay though. I will let you know when they will be available to the public!

5. This is something I don’t really know. But I have been receiving lots of requests for the title though!

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

(Please read the comments below first… My reply was too long, so I had to cut in two!)

Lastly, thank you very much for your support and everything for NISA titles! Our fans’ support means everything to us, and that gives us keep going everyday. :)
    Atelier Rorona will be awesome, and Ar tonelico Qoga will be fantastic. I hope you’re interested in two other PSP titles we announced too:) I personally enjoyed playing Cladun and ZHP a lot!!

Thank you always, Destiny89!

+ Exion75 on July 16th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Thank you so much for bringing Ar Tonelico and Atelier Rorona over. I love NISA and am currently enjoying Trinity Universe.

+ Destiny89 on July 16th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

@ my reply on number 15!.. woops i forgot to adjust the numbers lol. i wrote down 5 questions but then had to delete 1 because of the size limit :P

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

Hi Destiny89,

Haha, yeah I was wondering about question 2!

+ Caladen on July 16th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

I would be happy if they released them thru the PSN. Its hard to find Ar 2 at the stores.

+ Christian399 on July 16th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Nice! I will be buying each of these titles. As many others have stated, any word on Neptune would be great! The trailers and previews of it look incredible.

Keep up the good work NISA.

And yeah, hopefully Namco just pony up the rights to publish Vesperia to either NISA or Atlus (or Sony even). It’s at least 150K worth of sales for a game that is already translated and coded (pretty sure they called the Vesperia team back for English V.O.s for the new content in the PS3 version too). We call this easy $. So get on it! Someone! :)

It’s getting a bit ridiculous that the PS3 version was never localized in NA/ EU.

+ Destiny89 on July 16th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

I was wondering tho, will the limited edition box for Atelier Rorona be exclusive to the NISA online store or everywhere as well? i hope its everywhere.
Thanks

+ rhymeboyg on July 16th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

I heard next Disgaea will be announced at TGS.
Is this true?

I can’t wait to get my hands on Disgaea 4.
Great stuff here! I definitely will get PS3 titles.
Thanks!

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

Hi rhymeboyg,

That’s what I heard too! :)

I think Disgaea 4 will be awesome. I also cannot wait till I get more information about the game!

Thanks,

+ WindedHero on July 16th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

Make the screenshots public, those thumbnails don’t do them justice!

+ Destiny89 on July 16th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

@21

Its true, Disgaea 4 was indeed announced and more info is coming at TGS but that is for the Japanese version tho. the English version will take some time to reach us seeing how NISA is already busy with other PS3 games

+ Zarxce on July 16th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Best news I`ve heard all day. I`m really looking forward to these games. Especially Ateiler Rorona. I`m definitely going to preorder the premium package. The art in that game is gorgeous.

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Hi Zarxce,

Glad to hear that we could deliver best news to you:)
    Preorder of Atelier Rorona should start at NISA Online Store soon.

Thanks,

+ I3rand0 on July 16th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

So I guess Totori in 2012?…lame

Also, please don’t fck up Tonelico 3. You’ve guys had a year and a half to get it right since the JP release. No excuses, thanks.

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Hi I3rand0,

Totori looks really good.

I understand that you have to wait for a long time to get the US version of Japanese RPGs. I am sorry for that, but we have to localize these massive texts and not only that, we have to work with developers’ schedule as well. So it doesn’t always go as we wanted. I appreciate your understanding!

Our localization team has been working really hard on Ar tonelico Qoga. It’ll be great!

Thanks,

+ Midpipps on July 16th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

@18 Caladen you can actually still get Ar Tonelico 2 through the NIS Store on their website they used to have Ar Tonelico on there too but it is not there anymore as far as I could find.

OT: This rocks I am so excited for Ar Tonelico Qoga even though I am a little sad that they made it an action style game instead of the great system that the series had in 1 and the awesome updates that 2 added to it.

Any idea when preorders will go up for Atelier Rorona and the slim chance of a possible date on Ar Tonelico preorder?

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Hi Midpipps,

Atelier Rorona’s preorder should start soon. Check back on NISA Online Store in a few weeks!

As for Ar tonelico Qoga, the preorder will be probably in 2011. You still have lots of time! :)

thanks,

+ sheena1278 on July 16th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Yay for Ar tonelico and Rorona, but the Cladun trailer is up there twice.

+ eatthemall on July 16th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel is the final entry in the Ar tonelico series. The game features all new characters with a new story, so even if you are new to the Ar tonelico series, you won’t have any problems getting into it!

+ BlackIceJoe on July 16th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Is there a reason Cladun will be download only? With no news on La Pucelle: Ragnarok, Hymn Princess or Prinny 2 does that mean they will not come out?

Also will NISA ever bring their old PS1 games out on PSN.

I know it may be a strange request. But is there any chance NISA could work with Tecmo Koei to bring out the Uncharted Waters games to America?

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on July 16th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

*explodes from all the awesome NISA lovin*

So excited! I had no idea this Ar Tonelico was going to be the last of the series. I’ll be sure to preorder at the new store the moment I know If there’ll be a bundle or not ^,^

Also, the story for ZHP sounds so ridiculously awesome. Hope we can see the trailer for it soon. Cladun looks pretty interesting too from the trailer. Lots to look forward to!

+ mprunty on July 16th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

We love you Nippon Ichi Software…We love you NIS America. Keep the games coming. I’ve been itching for the next big title from NIS America following the upcoming release of Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland. I certainly can’t wait for Spring 2011 to get here.

Any chance we will also get the sequel to Atelier Rorona sometime next year?

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

Hi mprunty!
    Hi you! It was nice seeing you today. :)
    So glad that you are excited about all the new releases!

The sequel to Atelier Rorona…? I don’t really know if there is any plan for it. But let’s hope we can release it in the US!

Thanks,

+ Citrean on July 16th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Well time for me to purchase a PS3

+ Zezzler on July 16th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

love the PlayStation Love from NIS, keep it up!

+ gameboy36 on July 16th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

Nippon Ichi always makes the craziest RPG’s on the PSP.
I love them.

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

Hi gameboy36,

Haha, that’s why I love NIS too!!!

+ saveur on July 16th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

Sooooo disappointed La Pucelle Ragnarok was snuffed. That was pretty much the only title I was looking forward to being announced, and I thought there was more than enough fan interest (much more than “Cladun”) to warrant its release over here. Huge shame.

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

Hi saveur,

Sorry… :(
    But ZHP and Cladun are also awesome titles, so please don’t hate! :)

+ Moonglare on July 16th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

I couldn’t be more happier after reading this post. I can only thank NISA for always having such a wonderful fan service and keeping up with such incredible games!!

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

Hi Moonglare,

Thank you for your kind comment!
    I will definitely let everybody at NISA know of your message!

Thanks,

+ LokeSTL on July 16th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

I’m more of a fan of turn-based menu-driven RPGs, but will still look into Ar Tonelico Qoga out of my love of NISA. Sadly, I’m not a big fan of playing games on a 3″ screen, so rarely play handheld games.

Can’t wait for Atelier Rorona, and am hoping for more PS3 RPGs to be announced this Fall. Keep ‘em coming and I’ll keep buying them. Thanks Nao!!

PS- I’d pay double for a NISA localized Tales of Vesperia for the PS3. Please pass that along.

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

Hi LokeSTL,

Thanks! I personally like PSP a lot because I can play games whenever I am. So convenient! But I do understand your point though. My eyes get tired for playing games on the small screen for sure. But hey, I am a busy person, so convenience matters the most:p

Anyways, Rorona will be awesome. Thank you for your support!

PS. Hahaha, I will definitely pass your message along to upper management.

+ Destiny89 on July 16th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

I agree with #37
i’ll buy 3 copies for a localization of ToV day 1! please consider it

+ jimmyfoxhound on July 16th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

very cool NIS! I’m so glad you’re still around. You’re one of the few publishers that will still put out niche games like this & I love it! Will we be able to preorder the Atelier Rorona premium package from that site soon?

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Hi jimmyfoxhound,

Haha, I am glad that NISA is still around too! We are around because of your support:-)

I think we should have the preorders up on our NISA Online Store in a few weeks!

thank you!

+ DiscoJer on July 16th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

While it’s nice to get some games, unfortunately, it wasn’t the NIS games I wanted (as I don’t like rogue-likes). La Pucelle Ragnorak for starters (couldn’t you buy Mastiff’s translation and publish digitally?), Prinny 2, Mana Khemia 2 PSP (again, another game that you have most the translation for, shouldn’t be too hard to publish digitally and thus cheaply), Blue Roses.

If anyone from SCEA is listening (er, reading), for the love of god, give NISA some money to bring these games over! They’ve been keeping the PSP afloat for the last couple years, you owe them big time.

+ piratedrunk on July 16th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Z.H.P. looks insanely awesome. I also would love to see you guys localize Tales of Vesperia for PS3 since Namco seems to be allergic to money (coming from someone who owns the 360 version already) I would easily buy it day one.

+ perrandy on July 16th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

well, i dont want to rain on everyone’s parade here but i must say that i’m quite disapointed in how trinity universe was handled. because the game has been having ramdom freezes either when in a dungeon or when i’m about to change equipment to a character.no, it doesnt happen everytime but it happens and to tell you the truth i’m quite annoyed by it.second of all,i’m also disapointed that just a handfull of games were just announced compared to like last year’s. i know that nisa’s president said that they were toning it down to give quality service to its customers/fans but i dont know i just feel uneasy about it….i hope you guys are not in trouble financialy or anything

anyways,i’m really looking up for rorona and i hope that you guys give it all the att that it needs so that this final installment will be remembered by its beauty and gameplay and not by the bugs

on a lighter note, hey jeff i read somewhere on neogaf that you attented at the nisa party.if thats true then i was hoping you could have interviewed the top nisa’s bosses :0

+ boxmyth on July 16th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

Disgaea 4 on PS3 plz thx.

+ MGO_Count on July 16th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Finally; it’s nice to see games that looks like GBA again..

+ Tai-dono on July 16th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

Epic announcements. I can’t wait for any of these games.

+ TheRealAlpha2 on July 16th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

It’s too bad Cladun is a PSN only PSP game, that instantly destroyed any chance of my getting it unless it’s a timed exclusive. I dont buy Download only games, only UMDs. But I’ll gladly pick up ZHP day one!

+ Moonglare on July 16th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

“Z.H.P. will be released this coming Fall on both PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Network! ”

Does that means we’ll be able to play it on PS3 too?

+ DaMann22 on July 16th, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

Very nice collection from NIS. Im mostly interested in Cladun as i havent played a nice 8-bit looking game on the psp since Half Minute Hero, and that game was good but not deep and engaging as i can thoroughly enjoy. Z.H.P. looks nice but reminds me of Disgaea but on crack. Meaning that ill lose another 200hours of my life but itll feel like a whole lot more and ill lose 50pounds. THANKS NIS!!!

+ Nao Zook on July 20th, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

Hi DaMann22,

“Z.H.P. looks nice but reminds me of Disgaea but on crack. ”
    Hahaha, yeah, I think your description is pretty correct.

I just had to comment on that!

+ FearMonkey on July 16th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

Thanks for the update, Nao. I’m very excited for Rorona, Ar tonelico, ZHP, and Cladun.

I understand we’ll hear more about Disgaea 4 at TGS. Very excited for that as well.

I am a bit curious on the status of Neptune though. In a recent interview with Siliconera, NIS America president Haru Akenaga said that the deal for licensing the title was almost done. Has there been any more progress on this?

Thanks. :)

+ Nao Zook on July 19th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

Hi FearMonkey,

No problem! Thank you for having me here:)

Neptune… I haven’t heard anything about it yet. I am hoping we can bring it over though!

PAGE 1 2 3