PS4 - Destiny

ModNation Monday: New DLC and Features Inbound

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Jul 19, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

ModNation Racers: ModNation Monday

Greetings everyone Ramone Russell here with another ModNation Monday update!

MNR Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mods of the Week

Mod Name: Al Bundy (Detailed)
Creator: masongoliver

Al Bundy

Karts of the Week

Kart Name: Trixmobile v1.0
Creator: LastChance1985

Trixmobile

Tracks of the Week

Track Name: Spectacular Village
Created by: StealthReborn–

Spectacular Village 1 Spectacular Village 2

Spectacular Village 3 Spectacular Village 4

StealthReborn—says “I just wanted something simple and not too complex so it would suit the casual type gamers, yet be entertaining for the advanced racers. There’s allot to see, and it’s very detailed. When you leap off one of the jumps towards the end of the track, it gives you a spectacular view of the entire map before you cross the finish line. No parts of the track are boring, there are plenty of things to avoid and see.”

Track Name: Castle Crashin’ [BWB]
Created by: Barberian912

Castle Crashin 1 Castle Crashin 2

Castle Crashin 3 Castle Crashin 4

Barberian912 says “Loosely inspired by Tolkein’s citadel city Minas Tirith, race through this multi-tiered city to the top of the tallest tower (there are 6 different routes to the top). Hit the ramp at the end of the stone walkway and fly out over the town into the farmlands beyond! Many different shortcuts but all are balanced well.”

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

• Monday: The Farmer’s Daughter, by Coty4803
  • Tuesday: Spectacular Village, by StealthReborn–
  • Wednesday: Castle Crashin’ [BWB], by Barberian912
  • Thursday: Toucan Valley [OFRD], by VintageOctopus
  • Friday: Maverick Mountain, by Devin93
  • Saturday: Pyramids of Giza, by TheMaddMerlin
  • Sunday: Just Deserts, by Shox121

Cowboy and Kart available tomorrow!

ModNation Racers - Cowboy Mod and Kart DLC

Previously only available via special pre-order offers, this week’s DLC is Cowboy and Kart is finally available. They can be purchased separately or as a bundle from the PSN.

More Patch Details

On top of optimizing load times, one of the things a lot of you have asked for is the ability to play with your friends in XP races. Well, I am very pleased to share with you that UFG has added this feature and it will be available in the upcoming patch as well. The patch is nearing the final development stages with UFG working hard to iron out some bugs before it will be ready for release.

ModNation Podcast

The creators of LittleBigPodcast Daniel and Austin have been huge Play, Create, and Share supporters from the start. Now they have continued their support with ModNation with the ModNation Podcast! They are up to 5 episodes already and cover topics from creation basics to videos of the hottest tracks online.

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Jeeves_Tremor on July 19th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Oh god, so many married with children jokes running through my head right now.

+ SyphonFusion on July 19th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Lol awesome, wish i had this game.

+ moriarty1975 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

I’m not asking about a release date (or even a hint of one) for the patch anymore! ;)

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 19th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

Soon very soon

+ LightAce on July 19th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

more weapons please!

+ Thwip on July 19th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

I hope sharing stickers between Mods and Karts makes the patch.

+ moriarty1975 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

“Soon very soon”? Stop teasing us Russell!!

+ moriarty1975 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Any update or news on some track creation DLC? Mods ‘n Karts are nice but i think everyone would like some new stuff for making tracks?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 19th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

It’s coming, however at this time I can’t give out any specifics

+ tlwizard81 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

With the Cowboy Mod showing up, does this mean ALL the pre-order DLC will eventually be available?!

+ FeistFan on July 19th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

Awesome! Glad to see that pre-order DLC starting to show up — I really wanted the cheese kart.

Glad to see work is progressing on the patch, and that you’re not releasing it while you still know there are bugs. You know, if you need help beta testing that patch, I’ve got a PS3 you could use….

Nice looking mods and tracks in your creations of the week. Keep those coming! It’s nice to see stuff that may not make the Modspot (yet), but is high quality.

+ twooh on July 19th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

When the patch is done, it will be in time for the G.O.T.Y. edition.

Knowing you guys posted about a patch before the game launched in order to get people to still buy it. Here it is 2 months later and still the same reply to the date “soon, very soon”

What a shame.

+ Edd on July 19th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

I love this game, it spawns so many cool creations, and the gameplay is just fun as hell. That ted bundy mod is insane lol. Thanks for giving us and update on the patch, it really means a lot to us gamers when devs at least keep us posted on stuff like that, I wish more would follow suit.

+ zekececil14 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Ummmmmmmm uhhhhhhhhh, what if someone gets a group of friends to lose so he wins and gets a lot of XP. That would be BOOSTING! Before you guys get this out, then you need to make shure people cant cheat, but im all for XP races with friends.

+ Pesico on July 19th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

That Al Bundy mod looks awesome! Will have to download that one.

+ ProjectInfiniti on July 19th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

LOL that looks just like Al Bundy! Best mod so far!

+ zekececil14 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

We need some KILLZONE DLC, what do you think?

+ cros1625 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

Thank you so much for adding XP racing with friends! That was a major let down when I found out we couldn’t do that… I think I’ll be hitting up MNR a lot more once this patch releases :)

Thanks for working to fix / improve the game.

-cros

+ Superstrokey1123 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

I sold this game cause the load times were just too much to bare. If the patch comes and significantly changes things ill consider picking it up again.

+ StealthReborn– on July 19th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Hey Russell, thanks for using my map for the Hot lap tomorrow, much appriciated! :)

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on July 19th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

NP, its a really nice track

+ F-minus on July 19th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

GREAT!!! Also, Thanks for allowing custom soundtracks, there nothing more relaxing than racing, blowing people up and listening to the song “On the Road Again”… :)

+ zekececil14 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

@19
THEY ALLOW CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS!!!!!!!! I never tried because most games dont, but i will play a whole lot more of MNR because of this. Thank you UFG!

+ TriCykle on July 19th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

Man, you guys are putting SO much into this patch.
I cannot think of any other game developer that has so finely listened to their fans/customers about what they want in a game.
I am getting more and more excited about this patch, I just have ONE question:

Is the ability to play with friends in XP races included for both XP and XP Series races?

I only play XP Series with my friend, and sometimes it takes us 5-10 minutes to play together, it’s aggravating, but in the end, it’s worth the time it takes!

+ jimfear on July 19th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

Cant wait for the patch and finally play without a over the top (at least for me)difficulty.

The xp race with a friend should be awesome too

+ WhiteF8ng on July 19th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Alright freind XP invites! I guess I’m gonna have to strat playing more, non of my friends suck at MNR…

+ korchie44 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

Race with friends in XP races? YES!

How about race with friends in other regions?? Any word on taking off the region lock? ..at least with Casual races!

+ Chuckbait on July 19th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

This is nonsense, you submit an idea, and it never shows up. If it does show up, its taken down weeks later. My idea was plus 97 out of 120 votes, now its mysteriously vanished.

It was about making a new playstation move bundle. One for people who already own the PS eye camera.

+ ACxFurRy on July 19th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Is there ever going to be an update where we are able to do a cup race with multiple tracks and points like they do in Mario Kart?

+ zekececil14 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Am i the only one that has figured out that you could get 11 of you friends in a lobby, have them lose on purpose and you get a lot of XP? This would be cheating, and this worries me. It might be the next thing people want a patch for.

+ Spinout209 on July 19th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Will the patch include getting rid of the Region Lock so we can play against our friends across the world?

+ Grossberger on July 19th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

@10

You are spot on mate with your comment I agree 100% with all what you wrote.

I am also sick of waiting every week only to be told the patch is:

A) Coming soon.
or
B) In it’s final stages.

I can’t hold out much longer, I’m so fed up with all the delay’s, I just hope & pray that “IF” I still have the game when the patch is released that the long, long, long wait has been worth it.

+ TriCykle on July 19th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

@28

I hope you’ve been keeping up to date on what’s all included in the upcoming patch.

The way I see it, the MNR devs could have told us nothing while working on it, then just released it randomly one day and we’d all be surprised. At least we know it’s coming, and that they are working on it ;)

+ Grossberger on July 19th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

“The patch is nearing the final development stages with UFG working hard to iron out some bugs before it will be ready for release.”

Have we not heard this before? like for the last month or so, lol.

PATHETIC!!!!

+ Grossberger on July 19th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

@29

Yeah! but it’s taking so long, and they say the same thing in nearly every update, it’s just so frustrating.

+ zekececil14 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

@25
Completely irrelevant and unnecessary! BTW, Sony is VERY aware of that situation, but did you think of this: $99.99 for Move, Game, and Eye. Or if you have the Eye, $49.99 for Move, $39.99 for game, thats $89.98 which means a $10 Eye if you get the bundle! You could just sell your old Eye to GameStop and you would get the Move, Game, and Eye for less than $99.99, more like $69.99 depending on how much GameStop give you!

+ Coty4803 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

Awesome Hot Lap roster this week! I like that they are continuing to use user created tracks. The variety keeps it interesting and fresh.

+ Aerol901 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

RELEASE THE PATCH!!! No more DLC announcements, no more filler…FIX THE GAME!

+ Stui_R on July 19th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Nice to see A patch coming still need a few more for what people want like no region lock

+ GGod0 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Enough with the fan dumb!! Don’t you have other games to play while waiting for a patch?

+ GGod0 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

@34 different teams work on DLC and Patches

+ MiiAmigo on July 19th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

How about that 250,000 create xp trophy patch? That one really kills the thrill for me. Please fix that asap.

+ Wade_VC on July 19th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

The DLC’s are fine and dandy, but what about:

Server stability
Region Lock
Hot Lap glitching
Lag issues

@10, 30 & 31: Sigh….unfortunately too true.

@21: “Listening” and action are two separate issues. 2 months into the game and every week this mysterious patch will be “Soon, very soon”. Those such as yourself who help make excuses for these excessive delays only leads to more mediocrity.

+ GGod0 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

@38 thank you for joining us, they’ve already said their fixing that.

+ gillettjoe on July 19th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Really is a shame, I played this a lot for the first week, great game. Had to put it down because of the loading times, they were really starting to grate on my patience.

+ Xanthene on July 19th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Thanks for the XP Races with friends. That’s one reason I haven’t played as much as I thought I would. This will definitely energize the online play.

Don’t worry about people complaining about delay’s, they’ve never worked in the real world and do not understand the time and energy that go into things like these and that unforeseen problems arise all the time.

+ TriCykle on July 19th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

@39

My apologies, I had no idea I was adding to this so called “mediocrity”.

+ TriCykle on July 19th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

I meant @40, my bad.

+ GGod0 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

@43 I really doubt they’ve been listening to those whinny idiots much if at all

+ GGod0 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

@41 i meant 39

+ sindiewen on July 19th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Just seeing all of this new stuff makes me want to buy the game right now. Ill probly do that.

+ GGod0 on July 19th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

@48 bravo “applause” you do that, and ignore anyone who tries to tell you not to because of their fan dumb

+ Wade_VC on July 19th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

@43: Laughable.

Next time you are at work, do your next project/function/service partially, and for the next 2 months tell the boss you are “working on it.”

…see how far that gets you in the “real world”.

PAGE 1 2 3