Paragon

Jul 19

Jul 19

PlayStation in NYC: A Call for Questions

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

New York, New York, it’s a hell of a town! I’m currently in the Big Apple preparing to attend a special PlayStation media event tomorrow night (Tuesday, July 20th) that will be overflowing with some of the biggest PS3, PSP, and PlayStation Move games of 2010 and 2011. Exciting!

But it begs the question: What would you like to know about these games? I can’t promise I’ll be able to get an answer for every one of your burning questions, but I will have hands-on access to most of the games on display as well as opportunities to ask producers and developers directly. Your questions will inform an upcoming series of blog posts that will drill deeper into each game’s features.

Please leave your questions in the comments. Below, I’ve attached some brief descriptions of each of the games on display and what features will be shown tomorrow in NYC.

PS3 Games

Killzone 3 for PS3 Gran Turismo 5: Nurburgring

Killzone 3: Hands-on demo of the “Frozen Shores” arctic level in full stereoscopic 3D, complete with jetpack shootouts and brutal melee attacks.

Gran Turismo 5: Hands-on with a variety of tracks and vehicles in the game, including 3D support and the GT racing sled.

MotorStorm Apocalypse: Hands-on racing through a demo of the destroyed urban landscape in stereoscopic 3D.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Create and play full games using Sackboy’s new abilities, innovative tools, and expanded gameplay.

The Sly Collection: Hands-on with two missions from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves displayed in 3D.

Heavy Rain: Hands-on with PlayStation Move functionality for this evolving mystery game.

EyePet: Interact with your virtual pet in stereoscopic 3D using PlayStation Move.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Hands-on with PlayStation Move support for this EA Sports golf simulation that was last seen at the PlayStation 2010 E3 Expo press conference.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm: Hands-on with PlayStation Move for this upcoming PS3 shooter from Namco Bandai.

Tron: Evolution: Hands-on with this holiday 2010 title, based on the upcoming film starring Jeff Bridges, that includes support for PlayStation Move and stereoscopic 3D.

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood: A new chapter that picks up where Assassin’s Creed II left off, this title will feature a multiplayer component for the first time as well as an all-new single-player experience.

echochrome ii: Use the PlayStation Move controller as a flashlight to shine light on puzzles and find solutions hidden in the shadows in this upcoming PSN title.

Dead Nation: From the creators of Super Stardust HD, this upcoming PSN shooter puts you in the middle of an overwhelming zombie apocalypse.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Hands-on demos of two stages that introduce new underground caverns teeming with mysterious, deadly creatures.

Tumble: Use the PlayStation Move motion controller (and stereoscopic 3D support) to accurately and precisely stack blocks in tall towers.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: Gameplay demonstrations of this upcoming PSN title that will stress co-op gameplay in offline and online flavors.

**Additionally, I’ll have access to hands-on play for the PlayStation Move launch window games, which include Sports Champions, The Fight: Lights Out, TV Superstars, The Shoot, Singstar Dance, and Kung Fu Rider.

PSP Games

God of War Ghost of Sparta Patapon 3 for PSP

God of War: Ghosts of Sparta: Hands-on with Kratos’s latest quest, a prequel to God of War II that tells the story of how the Spartan warrior rose to power as the God of War.

Patapon 3: Hands-on with the new Superhero Patapon in this musical battle game for the PSP.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Hands-on play in a new PSP chapter of this RPG mashup that features characters from Square Enix and Disney.

Invizimals: Experience augmented reality by capturing, training, and battling a vast collection of creatures using the PSP 3000 and PSP camera.

Piyotama: An action-puzzle game for PSP where you hatch eggs before they overflow the nest by lining up eggs of the same color and chaining them together four at a time.

Gravity Crash Portable: Combines vintage arcade shooter gameplay with next gen visuals, as well as new content and enhancements not seen in the PS3 version.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

The1stMJC said:

July 19th, 1:42 pm

Anything about Killzone 3’s online

footballrule said:

July 19th, 1:46 pm

I’m waiting to hear some Killzone 3 online. I hope we get to play the Killzone 3 Demo. I want it in the PS Store, but 1 week early for Plus members. :p

John_Oval said:

July 19th, 1:46 pm

Do we have a release date for the Sly Collection yet?

OmegaZed said:

July 19th, 1:47 pm

A PlayStation NYC event. I live in NYC. How do I get to see these awesome games and talk about them for my website?

zenprime said:

July 19th, 1:47 pm

Will Killzone 3 offer a local split screen co-op version of the campaign?

And will it have a party system online so it will easy to keep together a group of friends as they move from one game to the next?

MapleStory said:

July 19th, 1:47 pm

Whoa, sweet, you guys are comin back to town. Is this a public event?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 19th, 1:59 pm

Not a public event unfortunately, it’s for NYC-based media outlets and folks who may have missed out on E3. But there’s still plenty of good info to be dug up, so don’t be shy about asking questions.

ATOMS11 said:

July 19th, 1:47 pm

Will you please post HD video of this event?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 19th, 1:59 pm

I won’t be shooting any video of the event, but I will be trying out the games and attempting to track down answers to the questions you leave here.

And89LB said:

July 19th, 1:48 pm

will there be any news on Killzone 3 such as a Killzone 3 Beta or news on Resistance 3 or The Last Guardian

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 19th, 2:00 pm

I’m not expecting any announcements per se, just loads and loads of hands-on time with games and (hopefully!) access to folks who work on some of the titles.

nadaniceguy1 said:

July 19th, 1:48 pm

ok,so all these NEW games are coming out w/ this 3D / MOVE UPDATE right ? what about older games like WARHAWK & MAG ?

Blkant said:

July 19th, 1:50 pm

Stop by Florida when your on the east coast? Were only 1,086 miles away :P

millertime82 said:

July 19th, 1:50 pm

Will Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood or Killzone 3 have co-op?

reson8er said:

July 19th, 1:50 pm

Will there be places in NYC where the general public can try out PS Move?

Elex163 said:

July 19th, 1:51 pm

How can I attend this Event?

polo155 said:

July 19th, 1:51 pm

id soo love to go to this!

ProSoldier14 said:

July 19th, 1:52 pm

A Killzone 3 question: Why don’t the humans have gas masks on? I thought planet Helghan’s air was hard to breathe in?

TERRARISK said:

July 19th, 1:52 pm

No Socom Show Case? SocomUpdates.com #1

Trixzter7 said:

July 19th, 1:52 pm

Gran Turismo 5: What kind of customization will the game have?
God of War: GoS: What will be the setting of the game ? Atlantis ?

Jeigh said:

July 19th, 1:55 pm

I honestly don’t care about KZ3’s online mode- at least not in terms of features. Just so long as they reduce the lag from KZ2, I’m certain it’ll be good. (Well, that and penalize base/spawn-camping that’s become so prevalent.)

Last time they nailed graphics, this time it sounds like they’ve fixed the nit-picking in the gameplay. What I’d really like to know about KZ3 is (without spoilers) how much deeper the story and background go. I’d assume not every Helghast citizen is a (male) soldier- since KZ3 deals with insurgency and whatnot, can we assume the presence of non-combatant civilians will at least be acknowledged?

nenous said:

July 19th, 1:57 pm

No twisted metal? can you at least post some video of motorstorm? in the ps store.
Also are the makers of the new motorstom going to take some of our are past favorite online maps and rework them for motorstom apocalypse ?

KingDubin said:

July 19th, 1:58 pm

Lots of questions about GT5.

What’s up with the “Standard” cars? Will They have cockpits or not?
How many tracks will be in the game? What about Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Special Stage Route 5 or 11, Autumn Ring or Apricot Hill? What about real tracks like Spa-Francochamps, Laguna Seca, Suzuka, Twin Ring Motegi or all the other tracks featured in the weather section in the My Page of GT5:P?
What about Livery Editor, More Ferraris or Lamborghinis (or just new cars in general), WRC, NASCAR, GT Auto, Quick Tune, or Used Cars?

I can go on and on, but that’s all i can think of at this point.

Thanks!

Zezzler said:

July 19th, 2:00 pm

Will the LBP2 Campaign be longer than LBP1? LBP1 had a VERY fun Campaign, but it was short lived, I hope that a 10-15 hour long campaign would be included in this highly anticipated title.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 19th, 2:01 pm

Good questions so far guys, keep it up! I’ll be collecting all of these and taking them with me tomorrow. Can’t promise I can get an answer to every one of them, but I’ll try! (^_^)

UNCyrus said:

July 19th, 2:00 pm

I’d love to see Heavy Rain using PS Move footage hit the blog! I’m sure I’m not the only one…

zeppelin412 said:

July 19th, 2:01 pm

What about Resistance 3 or Uncharted 3?

polo155 said:

July 19th, 2:01 pm

for ppl who missed e3? what ppl dev’s? because id take ppl as public.

Lord_Rinja said:

July 19th, 2:02 pm

Will any of these games (especially Dead Nation) have Playstation Home Rewards?

Exalted_Knight said:

July 19th, 2:02 pm

Custom Soundtracks for GT5?

MapleStory said:

July 19th, 2:03 pm

Aw, it’s a shame that we can’t come and check it out! Sid, try to find out if ALL LBP outfits are compatible with LBP2. Dying to know, as it may get me to purchase more if I know it’ll work in the long run. Have an awesome time tomorrow!

jpbslayer said:

July 19th, 2:04 pm

how much nascar is there in gren turismo – are all 43 cars there? and what about nascar tracks – how many of them will be in game? and will there be certain dlc nascar related if this stuff is not in game

Jeigh said:

July 19th, 2:04 pm

Oh, right, and if any Insomniacs are there, let them know that they’re still our boys- nothing but love from this fanboy. Multiplatform or not, they devoted nearly an entire decade exclusively to the PlayStation fanbase and I won’t be forgetting that anytime soon.

Darykon said:

July 19th, 2:04 pm

LittleBigPlanet2: How will the keyboard & mouse functionality play out for the world creation – what are the specs? And could you get us some more insight into the world creation updates – what all are the new changes being incorporated? (Put differently: what specific things are making LBP2 a “platform for games” rather than a “platform game”?)

Kid_Cudi said:

July 19th, 2:05 pm

i wish i can go there. :(

lcmnick said:

July 19th, 2:07 pm

I’d like to know Polyphony’s opinion on GT5 releasing in the same month as Kinect, Call of Duty, Need For Speed and Assassin’s Creed. Aren’t PD worried about their baby being forgotten about?

disneyboy20022 said:

July 19th, 2:08 pm

Could You ask or do you know if Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for the PSP will be on the PSN Network for the PSP Go and if not why is the reason. I have a PSP GO and I love it and I really wantt o play Kingdom Hearts Birthy By Sleep on it via the PSN Network but their have been rumors it will only be UMD which I’m hoping isn’t true.

fiercelydriven1 said:

July 19th, 2:09 pm

I’m mainly interested in GT5, as it has always been a major exclusive game for Playstation.

We’ve heard and seen videos of them including NASCAR, as well as a few of the available drivers. I’d like to hear about a list of NASCAR specific tracks, or if the game will include a Championship type ‘Season’ with a ‘Chase’ format to determine the champion?

Bradach333 said:

July 19th, 2:09 pm

can you ask GG about the move support for KZ3?

TctclMvPhase said:

July 19th, 2:10 pm

Could you get to the bottom of how many tracks will be in Gran Turismo 5?
I believe Jeff Rubenstein said in the comments of a previous story:

“More than 40 tracks with over 100 layouts (including all versions of Nurburgring – which nobody’s ever done before). That enough for you?”

but I think the official count for tracks is still only 20. Also, if you look into the issue, please be sure to delineate between “tracks”/”locations” and “layouts”.

megamixer said:

July 19th, 2:13 pm

Can echochrome ii be played with a regular controller or is it Move only? That is all I wish to know!

PFC_LULZ said:

July 19th, 2:14 pm

Will the user maps on LBP will be able to play on LBP 2?

SolidSnake7735 said:

July 19th, 2:17 pm

I want to know everything there is to know about Gran Turismo 5’s multiplayer component. Will there be a replay saving feature? an cinema mode of some sorts (similar to Forza 3’s) Leaderboards? how will the matchmaking work, Will there be a team racing or co-op component in the online? How about an in-game marketplace to sell, trade, share vehicles or liveries. auction house, maybe? (like forza)

ive been waiting 6 years for this game, bought my limited edition, please dont let me down

Blkant said:

July 19th, 2:17 pm

Ask if there will be more vehicles throughout KZ3 besides the jet pack. Also, will they finally include vehicles in the MP for KZ3?

Im dying to know, and Im hoping they say yes.

Atrushan88 said:

July 19th, 2:18 pm

Why is KH3 gonna be UMD only? If that means it won’t be on the ps store then I won’t be able to get it. I bought a PSPgo JUST for this game. Though I was tricked into getting the go by a biased employee. I thought I would also be able to buy games from stores and play them on it as well due to a poor choice of wording. If this game will not be on the ps store, the go will be worthless. :/

SolidSnake7735 said:

July 19th, 2:19 pm

i need to know ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING about Gran Turismo 5

Jvolel said:

July 19th, 2:20 pm

Is it possible to get move support for pixel junk shooter 2?

How will the move work with killzone 3?

Will there be a patch to add online play in sports champions? There are some very interesting ideas on the blog share site about adding an online arena mode for the game that ties into playstation home.

dragonleader33 said:

July 19th, 2:20 pm

I would like more info on the actual PS3 hardware, some news on Playstation+ and of course….CROSS GAME CHAT!!

fatalfury said:

July 19th, 2:21 pm

I would like to know when dead nation and Lara croft and the guardin of light is coming out. Plus anything else you can find out about those two games.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

July 19th, 2:22 pm

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing, I’ll check into this tomorrow.

nickolas82 said:

July 19th, 2:22 pm

Will sport champions have online multiplayer
Thank you!

Atrushan88 said:

July 19th, 2:24 pm

WOOPS, I said KH3 instead of BBS, must be from the KH3 craze that has been going strong since the end of KH2.

Shizuka5 said:

July 19th, 2:25 pm

Any NIS America game in the event? Atelier Rorona, maybe?

Blkant said:

July 19th, 2:28 pm

Can we get more details on the supposed go-karts and track creator for GT5?

Will there be custom soundtracks in GT5 as well?

Trioptical said:

July 19th, 2:28 pm

Is GT5’s head tracking only available when the game is played in 3D or will we who don’t have 3D TV’s be able to experience head tracking as well?

PAGE 1 2 3 5