The Last Guardian

Jul 21

Jul 21

inFAMOUS 2 at Comic-Con

Edward Pun's Avatar Posted by Senior Artist, Sucker Punch Productions

I’m the Senior Artist on inFAMOUS 2, responsible for doing storyboards and rendering all the line work for the 2D cut scenes, plus anything else I can help the art teams with. We are all busy working on InFAMOUS 2 but wanted let anyone who is going to SD Comic-Con know that we’ll be doing a special panel discussion this week!

It’s called “From Origin to Evolution: The Making of a Modern Day Superhero for the Videogame World,” and we’ll be discussing topics like how we made inFAMOUS, our comic inspirations, and of course some insights into what we hope to accomplish for inFAMOUS 2.  We’ll be showing some cool artwork, plus one of the first 2D cutscenes from the new game. Greg Miller from IGN fame will be moderating the discussion and you’ll be able to ask us any burning questions you might have. Here’s the summary:

inFAMOUS 2 Panel & Q&A
When: Thursday, July 22nd, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Where: Room 7AB

On top of all that, all panel attendees will score a sweet InFAMOUS 2 shirt!

inFamous 2 Comic-Con Shirt

For those who can’t make it to Comic-Con this year, have no fear, check out our first behind the scenes video leading up to our panel discussion to see how much comics have been a factor in the creation of Cole and the InFAMOUS universe.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

MiltonMafia said:

July 21st, 8:29 am

come to the Toronto Game show. Bring extra large shirts!

ADR143 said:

July 21st, 8:32 am

Will there be any MP on infamous 2?

will we see the karma system back?

Enforcer_X said:

July 21st, 8:32 am

Still don’t like the new cole and voice actor, though I am sure it’s too late for my dislikes.
At any rate the shirt looks awesome and I hope Comic-Con goes well!

akinari42 said:

July 21st, 8:37 am

I wonder what’s blurred out at about 06:41 in the video.

dymlos2 said:

July 21st, 8:38 am

I really liked the original game. Im pretty psyched about the second one. You know it would be really cool if you could carry over the save from the first game to the second. More games need to do that. Also, how about giving out some of the shirts over the blog? Im no where near Comic-con.

Kagenish said:

July 21st, 8:39 am

awesome i love it can’t wait for this game. plus i want that shirt

Saber_IV said:

July 21st, 8:40 am

Looks like their dead-set on the union jack pants. :(

Oh well, there 100% will be pre-order DLC costumes.

DMPrince said:

July 21st, 8:42 am

i’m having a bet with a friend. please do NOT have Multiplayer in the game.

Kenshin71 said:

July 21st, 8:42 am

Bring back the old Cole. Fake Cole is awful.

Armstrong said:

July 21st, 8:44 am

Sucker Punch #1!

footballrule said:

July 21st, 8:49 am

We’ve been hering rumors of MP, is this true?

spoonerismz said:

July 21st, 8:50 am

New Cole is blah… Old Cole had total diversity to him. New guy just seems like a generic super hero mixed with Nathan Drake.

Other than that, this game is a midnight premiere at the local Gamestop for me. Melee looks great, new city look like a lot of fun, and the ice powers make me want it even more now!

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 8:55 am

I agree with dymlos2 (Carry Over System) porting over your save file weather you were bad or good would be very cool, and will we see that traitor Zeke! back?

KOOLWIIP said:

July 21st, 8:58 am

i really enjoyed infamous. my only complaint with the first game was that you couldnt start a new game with all your unlock powers. after having an addictive blast my first playthrough i didnt want to go thru unlocking everything again. but good game and i hope yall keep the ‘lightning from above’ attack in the sequel, that attack is awesome..

BlooodyCow said:

July 21st, 8:58 am

Wish I was at Comic Con :(
As for inFAMOUS 2, that was my game of E3 by a mile. Nothing else impressed me the way inFAMOUS did.

Globox_82 said:

July 21st, 8:59 am

Infamous 2 is so going to own. Probably GOTY material, but will it face Uncharted 3 in 2011? I know i am getting both :P but Infamous 2 is probably my priority, loved first game. Hopefully more people buy second one, at least 3-4 million you guys deserve it.

BTW for us in Europe, can we somehow buy those T shirts online or somehow? Thanks.

BlooodyCow said:

July 21st, 9:00 am

Will you guys be giving away those T-Shirts on the blog? I would really like one because I am such a huge fan of inFAMOUS

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 9:03 am

While playing through the first game I noticed the civilians committing suicide by means of jumping off the bridge (I even have a video recorded of them doing this ….funny stuff)and also not much of a reaction with hit by incoming fire other then running away of course we will see an improvement in the A.I but to what extent?

dragonmagician said:

July 21st, 9:05 am

BEYOND!

Nice T-shirt. Wish I can get one as well.

AngelMayLaugh said:

July 21st, 9:08 am

I like how you guys don’t want to give anything to us east coast people. We like to be clothed too.

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 9:10 am

About the item collecting like the “blast shards” in the first game if you guys are doing this for the sequel, please make an onscreen maker like say “If I collect a certain amount of blast shards the last few are marked on the map” They did this on (Spider-man web of shadows) and I thought this is a great idea for Infamous2

Zee_009 said:

July 21st, 9:10 am

@dymlos2: that is actually an amazing idea. I ended off with Infamous as my karma level. I would love to see what that would do to Infamous 2.

S-E-G said:

July 21st, 9:11 am

ZZzzzz…..

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 9:13 am

Who knows we might get lucky and we all get one ( and then I woke up from my dream)…huh?

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 9:13 am

NEW COLE SUCK! SUCKER PUNCH T_____T YOU GUYS TOOK MY NUMBER ONE FAVE GAME OF ALL TIME AND MESSED IT UP WITH THIS!?!?!??!?!?!!! T_____T……………. :”( i was stoked when i heard there was a sequel…..when i saw what you guys did with cole……………..you guys completely crushed my dreams for this game. For me Infamous no has NO sequel….This isnt a sequel this looks more like a reboot, with a Drake-look-a-like Cole….. >_>

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 9:19 am

…..sigh?!!! Give these guys a break they are trying out new UNCHARTED territory (get it) here sucker-punch keep it up guys I for one like his new look (he grew hair) LOL…

DeathGazer said:

July 21st, 9:23 am

inFamous 2 is my wanted game of all-time.

I want that shirt!!!

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 9:31 am

@ZION009 DUDE i dont mind the hair, its the Face and voice that bug the HELL outta me!!!!

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 9:36 am

Hey it cool man its just that people are ragging on these guys I for one think that the change is not that bad, but as far as the voice goes the orginal guy needs to repraise his role as Cole…(haha That ryhmes)

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 9:40 am

@ZION009 yeah well i know, you should see the forums!!!! theres a “Official New Cole Complaint Desk” lol thats like 25 pages long! XD

ZION009 said:

July 21st, 9:46 am

So sad how people complain about a game that others work so hard on,But on a lighter note… C’on SUCKER-PUNCH!!! Free I-2 shirts please!!!

Kchow23 said:

July 21st, 9:54 am

awesome video… hope there are more like these in Infamous 2 like what God of War does… also I like the shirt but sucks I can’t go to Comic Con

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 9:54 am

@ZION009 well dude, people liked the first game, and sucker punch completely changed the way Cole looks. Ppl grew to like cole as he is, and chaging him so drastically, its gonna make ppl upset.

izach24 said:

July 21st, 9:55 am

I want one of those shirts so bad! They look freakin’ awesome!

UberWalrus said:

July 21st, 9:56 am

Karma system is returning, I saw the meter for it in the background and I want that shirt wait no I want two

OttoT said:

July 21st, 10:00 am

I like the video but the music makes it terrible depressing and takes away from the exitement for the game.
Just my 2 cents.

HazeBlaze said:

July 21st, 10:09 am

Great video guys! You all are making my most anticipated game of 2011, I can’t wait!!! The artwork shown throughout the vid was absolutely beautiful. Keep up the good work!

HazeBlaze said:

July 21st, 10:13 am

Sorry neme0905, most of us are WAAAY past Cole’s redesign now. You’ll just have to suck it up and move on. The truth is, I like his new design better… it’s just weird playing a different looking character. Either way, I don’t care… the sequel just looks WAY too awesome to get hung up on this one little issue.

Santos21 said:

July 21st, 10:19 am

sweet video…cant wait to play this game…loved the first infamous.

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 10:23 am

@HazeBlaze you sure of that???? uhmmm if you go to the sucker punch forums, im sure you will see that im not the only one. So stop pretending like im one of the only ones who HATE new cole…i mean Drake-wannabe. So please before you talk visit the forums to get a lil more info on why N-sync cole sucks!

texas_ride said:

July 21st, 10:25 am

looking good …. how about an inFAMOUS 2 theme up on the psn store to hold us over?

kak1992knk1990 said:

July 21st, 10:29 am

I believe that vertical split screen would be awesome for this game because it can provide not only the players with the ability to play the game along side a friend but it opens up more opportunity for building new characters for this amazing superhero story and can also open up more opportunities to go deeper in depth with the INFAMOUS hero story . Therefore MP shouldn’t destroy the games singleplayer experience but can make the story more intresting just as RE5 was and Borderlands were.

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

July 21st, 10:34 am

I’m buying this game, but I hope it comes out before too long.

SpiritThief said:

July 21st, 10:35 am

NO MOVE AND NO MP!

I promise I’ll pre order again if you meet those requirements.

TubaDude49 said:

July 21st, 10:36 am

Please save one for the blog. :)

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 10:36 am

July 11th, i heard.

TheRealAlpha2 said:

July 21st, 10:40 am

The biggest issue seems to be how much people think he looks differnt. But think of it this way, comic book super hero get redesigned all the time. New artists come along, new stories are written with new designs are needed. You think Wolverine looks EXCATLY like he did when he first appeared? or even Spiderman? What really matters is the spirit and history of the character. Cole Disided to let his hair grow out a little, big deal, at least now it adds something to his design. Giving him a blad head in the first game seemed like an easy way out since everyone at the time was complaining about doing decent looking hair in videogames.

skynidas said:

July 21st, 10:43 am

Hey this video is really cool, you guys should post all of them in here, they are nice. Go Sucker Punch! Your games are awesome.

nem0905 said:

July 21st, 10:44 am

TheRealAlpha2,

uh huh ok…..So im guessing he also decided to change his voice into a boy band reject right?

kak1992knk1990 said:

July 21st, 10:45 am

Think of Red Dead Redemption for instance, the game is really hugh an there is even online MP. They should of just put freeroam MP splitscreen because the game is so hugh and i would love to challenge my brother without having to purchase two ps3 jus to play online with or against eachother, anyways im sure lots of others may agree that watching someone play a story that sounds exciting like INFAMOUS2 would be more enjoyable to play along instead of waiting for the first player yo beat it…

PAGE 1 2