No Man's Sky

The Sly Collection…sneaking into retailers for $39.99!

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Jul 21, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

While fans may know Sly Cooper best for his sneaky and stealthy exploits on PlayStation 2, his latest heist will be on PlayStation 3 this fall in The Sly Collection with three re-mastered classics in HD…for less than the price of most retail games! We’re excited to announce that following in the tradition of the God of War Collection, The Sly Collection will be available this fall for just $39.99 MSRP.

The Sly Collection 11

And what does that one-penny-less-than-40 price tag get you? Let’s start with all three original Sly Cooper titles…this includes Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, all re-mastered in glorious HD graphics.

Next, Sanzaru Games has added 3D support for all 3 games, as well as new PlayStation Move mini-games which you’ll be hearing more details about very soon. And finally, PSN trophy support will be integrated into the entire collection, with three platinum trophies up for grabs.

The Sly Collection 9 The Sly Collection 2

Sly’s return to PlayStation couldn’t be more grand, and The Sly Collection couldn’t be more complete. We’ll be showing off The Sly Collection this week at San Diego Comic-Con (July 22-25), so be sure to come over to the PlayStation booth and check it out. And, as always, keep coming back to the blog for more information about the The Sly Collection.

118 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ trinigamer101 on July 21st, 2010 at 10:19 pm said:

Zone Of the Enders 1 and 2 please, and about Capcom vs SNK2, trophies and HD, online battle on both games.

+ gamemasta123 on July 21st, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

will there ever be a sly 4 T.T

+ gargong on July 21st, 2010 at 11:49 pm said:

great, but it’d be 10 times better if sly 4 was also released. a man can only dream…

+ hamma11 on July 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 am said:

3 Platinum Trophies!? Really?
Thanks Sony bring on more PS2 collections with Platinum Trophies

+ KnightRid on July 22nd, 2010 at 4:37 am said:

WindedHero said it best

“I would prefer software emulated backwards compatibility rather than the slow trickle of PS2 remakes.”

I bought these for the PS2 when I had it and now I am supposed to shell out more money just to play them on the PS3? Let me use all my PS2 games ON the PS3 rather than ripping me off for more money just to re-buy the same games I already own :(

+ papolatte on July 22nd, 2010 at 5:16 am said:

Wow! I am completely delighted that so many people love the ICO series. Around where I live, it is so under appreciated or unheard of. I agree an ICO Collection would be an instant buy. But so is this Sly Cooper Collection. Makes me want to own the GoW Collection. Maybe I’ll go look for it soon.

And as to people mad about the no backwards compatibility. Get over it. This is a new system. I actually have one of the PS3′s that have backwards compatibility, and yeah I use it sometimes, but still, first and foremost, Sony is a business. There are only two home console systems released to this date, that were all about backwards compatibility and that was the PS2 and 360. Yes it’s a nice feature, but out of the 20+ consoles that have been released, there is probably a reason behind the lack of it, and I’m guessing cost inefficiency.

Just keep your PS2 plugged in to your TV. Most televisions offer multiple console hookups now, and if they don’t, there are extensions that can fix that problem.

And I am aware that the PS2 and 360 aren’t the only two to release backwards compatibility, but they sold themselves on it.

+ mywhitenoise on July 22nd, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Do we have a release date? I never played these games, but will definitely give this a purchase.
I would LOVE to see the Team ICO games, and Dark Cloud games get an HD treatment.

+ BlazeKush420 on July 22nd, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

I want more collections with trophies.

+ mariosonicfan22 on July 22nd, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

OK,thats one game that finally got made.

The next game i want to get made:Kingdom Hearts Collection

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
+ KH Re:Chain of Memories
+ KHII Final Mix+
+ 3 Trophy sets=
=)

+ JakeRuiner on July 22nd, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

it would be great if they took out a ratchet and clank collection! with all 4 ps2 R&C games in it and 4 platinums to collect i would definitly buy it 1st day. the R&C games were the best, that was the whole reason why i bought a ps2!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 23rd, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

I think it’s great that you are re-releasing PS2 games in HD and added features, but you should also give us B/C, there are lots of obscure games that won’t ever be released in this collections. PS2 B/C was one of the reasons I went with PS3, even with it’s high price, cause it let me keep my collection of games, if I had to start from scratch I might considered other consoles (especially when PS3 initial offering wasn’t that good).

Keep the PS family tradition of making B/C consoles, I own GOW1 & 2 and a B/C PS3 but I still got GOW Collection cause the upgrades where definitelly worth it. Go the PS1 B/C route of having an emulator that will allow us to play DL games as well as Disc games, and keep releasing collections of the best series.

+ ameerjoe on July 24th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

can play sly collection without move??

+ DrBingogh on July 24th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

I played all three on the PS2 and can’t wait to play through them again in HD. Trophy support is the cherry on the sundae.

+ VodkaKnight on July 25th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

hot dog!!!!! i have been waiting for this to happen, i have all of them on ps2, beat them and still play’em, i have beatin 2 and 3 like ten time each. but my controller for my ps2 sucks so i dont play as much, now just make a 4th and i will be happy for a long time.

+ gargong on July 25th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Jak and Daxter collection ? :D

+ snaggdadon on July 28th, 2010 at 8:46 am said:

will the whole game be hd or somewhat hd like god of war collection..the cutscenes where horrid!!!!!!!

+ Awesomedude661 on July 30th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

They should make a Jak collection with Jak 1, 2, and 3. The lost frontier just doesn’t feel like a real jak game

+ Nexahs on August 18th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Awesome~
Please, please, PLEASE, can we get a Jak & Daxter Collection and a Ratchet and Clank Collection? Pretty please?

PAGE 1 2 3