Uncharted 4

God of War: Ghost of Sparta hits SPIKE TV tonight, Comic-Con Saturday

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Jul 23, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Let’s cut to the chase, shall we? Kratos would want it that way.

Tonight, GameTrailers TV is hosting a special God of War: Ghost of Sparta preview on SPIKE TV. The episode will showcase new gameplay video and details on the eagerly anticipated action epic being developed by Ready At Dawn Studios, aka the folks behind God of War: Chains of Olympus.

The SPIKE TV special will air tonight at 12:30am Pacific Time (check SPIKE.com for local listings).

God of War Ghost of Sparta

Also, if you’re attending Comic-Con in San Diego, the Ready At Dawn team has a special treat for you. Drop by the San Diego Convention Center on Saturday to catch the “The World That is God of War” discussion panel and Q&A session — anyone with a badge should be able to attend, space willing. Here are the full details for the Comic-Con panel:

The World That is God of War — Ghost of Sparta Panel Q&A

• Time: Saturday, July 24: 1:00 — 2:00PM
  • Location: San Diego Convention Center (Room 7AB)
  • 111 West Harbor Drive
    San Diego, CA 92101

• Description: Ru Weerasuriya and Dana Jan are back, along with their talented team at Ready At Dawn Studios, to expand upon this blockbuster mythological world with God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Join Ru, Dana, and team for this one-on-one interview and Q&A session.

Finally, in related news, I got a chance to go one-on-one with Ghost of Sparta at the NYC PlayStation media day earlier this week. The action is classic God of War: fast, brutal, and epic. Kratos was packing plenty of new gear, too. The Spartan Spear and Shield grants Kratos a longer reach and the ability to hurl spears at distant foes, though his trademark Blades of Chaos still hold the edge in overall attack speed. I also experimented with the Eye of Atlantis, a new magical attack that gushes a stream of chain lightning at nearby enemies.

While you’re waiting for the SPIKE TV special and Comic-Con panel to start, you might want to take another look at the first Ghost of Sparta gameplay footage below. And yeah, that’s running on a PSP. Wait until you see it in person, free from web video compression.

+ DZORMAGEN on July 23rd, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Can’t wait for this on the PSP! Step your game up!!

+ Axecution on July 23rd, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

SWEET. :D

Will watch. …until God of War gets shown. xD

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on July 23rd, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

why waste time on this? make God of War 4!!!

+ IceColdKilla44 on July 23rd, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Can’t wait. But I really hope you guys mean NEW footage. As in “not the footage seen in the trailer above”.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 23rd, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

Oh, it’s new! (^_^)

+ BlazeKush420 on July 23rd, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

Will it be downloadable on PSN store as a PSN game. Cuz I hate PSP and its one joystick.

+ D-Squad3 on July 23rd, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game, another game that I will actually finish on the PSP.

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

It says 12AM for me here on the East Coast, so some of us will see it earlier I guess?

Hmmm…

I can’t wait for this game. BETTER come out on PSN. I am starting to like downloaded games…

Also the PSP should have Mirror’s Edge.

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

Also, hopefully the game is a bit more polished by launch… There be a lot of screen tearing in that little clip above… O_O

+ AJC3317 on July 23rd, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

i think it’s actually 12:30 am eastern, 9:30 pm pacific

+ ForgiveMyAim on July 23rd, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

Why can’t you let the poor bastard Rest In Peace. >:[

+ Atomika14 on July 23rd, 2010 at 7:18 pm said:

To APVangeliLHS:

I noticed that when the trailer was released awhile ago, too. I hope it’s cleaned up, as well.

+ angelspawn77 on July 23rd, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

Awesome! will definitely be tuning in to see this :D Cant wait for the game to come out.

+ remanutd5 on July 23rd, 2010 at 8:43 pm said:

ok this is more like it , so i asked Mark ( SCEA Marketing Manager) on the LBP2 pre order goodies post about the God of War: Ghost of Sparta PRE ORDER DLC , is there any way we ( PSP GO ) owners can get the DLC at the same time as the other PSP owners ? i mean its a first party title and 1 of sony’s biggest franchises EVER , why dont you guys give us the option to pre order the game thru PSN so we can get all the PRE ORDER DLC ? as a LONG TIME God of War FAN i dont wanna miss any of that so please give us the option to get it all , its my most anticipated PSP title EVER !!!!!!!!

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

@Atomika14

Well, the new intense dynamic camera angles are a nice touch…

And some games so have slight tearing anyway, like wipEout Pulse during rapid scenes…

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 8:46 pm said:

What is this DLC I keep hearing about? Is it any good? It isn’t worth anything to me if it was something like lame costumes…

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

WOW. That’s lame…

“If you don’t have a PS3 you won’t know the whole story.”

Thanks, some of us don’t have almost $400 lying around.

Pfft.

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 9:43 pm said:

Was that all?

There was like 6 minutes of stuff… Most of it stuff we’ve seen before or them talking about crap. :-/

I thought we’d be seeing some live gameplay! :(

+ APVangeliLHS on July 23rd, 2010 at 9:43 pm said:

But from what was there, it was beautiful! :D

+ Scorepion415 on July 23rd, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

God of War Ghost of Sparta is going to be the best game f all

+ Scorepion415 on July 23rd, 2010 at 10:11 pm said:

of all

+ J-DANG on July 23rd, 2010 at 10:33 pm said:

How many more God of War games do you have to make???

The story is already over with God of War 3!

+ TripG on July 23rd, 2010 at 11:01 pm said:

Is the pre-order bonus also available in Canada?

+ LaZy_GiRL on July 24th, 2010 at 12:27 am said:

Can’t wait!
My hubby is like Kratos lol ;)

+ gameboy36 on July 24th, 2010 at 1:33 am said:

Meh. It looks like more of the same.

+ Enigma777 on July 24th, 2010 at 1:43 am said:

Is there going to be any connectivity between GOW3 and Ghost of Sparta?

That would be awesome! Anyways, I can’t wait for this game.

+ BLEACH-Fan on July 24th, 2010 at 3:06 am said:

Please Sony I never want God of War to end!! its one of your greatest franchise it would be like Nintendo giving up on Zelda so please give us God of War 3 DLC!!

+ GTO240325 on July 24th, 2010 at 4:47 am said:

คนไทยมีไหมครับเนี้ย

+ APVangeliLHS on July 24th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

@J-DANG

This game takes place before God of War III, filling in loopholes.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 24th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

Enough with those ultra-cleen screen shots, the PSP doesn’t even does nice anti aliasing. Still I really want this game

+ xxnike629xx on July 24th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

The PSP doesn’t do anti-aliasing, but games on the PSP ( you have to admit) are freakin awesome to play (most of them) and the graphics look crazy good for a handheld…you gotta admit that.

I mean handhelds…I remember back in the day were between GameBoy (original fatty with that green and black) and the Sega GameGear (the battery absorber).

And also, games are about, well games. Graphics are a secondary thing in terms of importance, and well it just so happens that God of War games are always fun and the graphics look amazing.

+ BCHILD on July 24th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

You should read more. They already said that the shots, and footage are from actual PSP game play. I don’t know why people keep pretending like the PSP doean’t absolutly blow everything else in the portable market away! What’s better? DS, with old N64 tech? No, I know, the IPHONE wich doesn’t have just one stick, it has none and crapy graphics in small games!

+ APVangeliLHS on July 24th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

The screen-shots are from the actual game, just not from the PSP hardware. They are from the computer, and are output at insane resolutions. That’s why they look that good.

But that IS the actual game more or less…

+ BCHILD on July 24th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

There is no conspiricy! People said the same things about the Chains of Olympus screensots, and the game proved them all wrong.

+ Stealthur on July 24th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Hey Sid, will the GoW team be at PAX?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on July 24th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

Good question! I’ll look into it, but plans are still at an early stage. Stay tuned.

+ etur0 on July 24th, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

dang it I missed it

+ etur0 on July 24th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

but I just found it on the internet

[url]http://www.spike.com/full-episode/god-of-war-ghost-of/39026[/url]

+ drdre74 on July 24th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

this is going to be another great game. PSP is having a good year with Metal Gear and Kingdom hearts and now this wow.HMM he said to see it all you need a to have a ps3 also. Good thing i have both.

+ APVangeliLHS on July 24th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

I believe that this will be my 3rd and last game purchase of the year, sadly… There just hasn’t ever been that much…

+ DaMann22 on July 24th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

@APVangeliLHS
What are to talking about? There have been some good titles this year on the psp. This is the first year that I havent been able to catch up on my games.

+ APVangeliLHS on July 24th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

@DaMann22

Well, all I’ve bought this year has been Metal Gear Solid.

I’m planning on getting The 3rd Birthday and this.

:-/ (I’m not into these Japanese RPG’s everyone’s raving over.)

+ remanutd5 on July 24th, 2010 at 9:24 pm said:

hey APVangeliLHS im not into Japanese RPG’s either but i do confess i have played very few throughout my gaming history but anyways these are my psp GO games this year :
Socom Fireteam Bravo 3
ModNation Racers
Fat Princess Fistful of Cake
Patchwork Heroes
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Hot Shot Tennis: Get a Grip
Gravity Crash
Young Thor ( psp mini)
soon to own
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday
Kingdom Hearts : Birth by Sleep
GOD OF WAR : GHOST OF SPARTA !!!!!
as a psp owner im very pleased with what is being offered this year , could sony do better? yes!!!! no doubt about it but to say that just hasnt been enough is plain wrong , maybe there hasnt been enough for your taste ( thats something very different ) , just look at the games i mentioned , almost all of them are from different genres ( thats how i like my games ) so at least there has been variety , dont you think?

+ tropicalskin on July 24th, 2010 at 10:02 pm said:

PS3 anyone ??

+ matthew-w500 on July 24th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

id love to see god of war 4 the series rocked and bringing the first 2 in a collection and in HD was a great idea

+ APVangeliLHS on July 25th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

@remanutd5

:-/

+ JVBGFR on July 25th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

If you can edit this blog post, you need to change it to saying Blades of Athena, not Blades of Chaos. It’s in the paragraph under the grey box.

+ dstith76 on July 25th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

do any one know when a demo will released to us to play really wnat it play pleaseeeeeeeeeee

+ BalramRules on July 25th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

EPIC!! XD

+ remanutd5 on July 25th, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

put the God of War : Ghost of Sparta demo on PSN ASAP!!!!

+ zeltroid46 on July 27th, 2010 at 2:58 am said:

omg i hope its on PSN same for Kingdom hearts birth by sleep i did’nt get a psp go for nothing