Final Fantasy XV

Jul 23

Jul 23

Twisted Metal Returns! Eat Sleep Play Speaks Today

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

If you recall our E3 press conference (of course you do), the new Twisted Metal game owned the trademark showstopping reveal. Soon after, I sat down with Eat Sleep Play’s David Jaffe and Scott Campbell for a candid talk about what bringing Sweet Tooth and company to PS3 will mean for you gamers.

There’s actually a lot more from that conversation, so maybe we’ll have to do an unedited director’s cut some time down the line…

If you want to hear more from David and Scott soon, you’re in luck: they’ll be speaking *today* at Comic-Con. They’ll be revealing some of the characters of the new game, share early looks at the game’s twisted end stories, and show concept art of ideas that never saw the light of day.

The “Twisted Metal Returns!” panel starts at 1PM this afternoon in Room 8. It should be awesome in person but, if you’re not going to be able to make it to Comic-Con, we’ll be recording it and sharing highlights with you next week.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

liketoski said:

July 23rd, 11:09 am

First!!!!!! Can’t wait for this you guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!1

GJD21 said:

July 23rd, 11:14 am

I hope they release a beta.

memberop said:

July 23rd, 11:14 am

@Jeff

Met you at the cocktail event last night. Just wanted to say your much
more taller than I thought you’d be. lol

CDubyahS said:

July 23rd, 11:16 am

car combat = dumb = mario kart for drug addicts …M rated shiz…..

CamronJK said:

July 23rd, 11:18 am

Twisted Metal is the game that made me a gamer… I have waited so long for this and I am so excited…

LivinOnEdge said:

July 23rd, 11:18 am

Need to add some levels where theres daylight, twisted metal black had nothing but dark levels, gets bland quick. All in all, looking forward to seeing how this plays out

TOZLOW said:

July 23rd, 11:19 am

PS+ members getting a beta?????????

Mosh_Pit said:

July 23rd, 11:19 am

The games looks ok but seems like it wont last many hours for me.

Trixzter7 said:

July 23rd, 11:19 am

Never tried Twisted Metal…
might have to make this my first.

Delriach said:

July 23rd, 11:20 am

Great interview. So hyped…

silentj14 said:

July 23rd, 11:21 am

Gotta love the InFamous soundtrack in the background. Looking forward to the game!

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

July 23rd, 11:23 am

this is a DAY 1 PURCHASE for me…the first time played twisted metal i was HOOKED..VEHICLES+GUNS+XPLOSIONS=EPIC AWESOMENESS! Keep up the good work E.S.P. DEVS..i got my $60 waiting for your game! :p

AstralCannibal21 said:

July 23rd, 11:31 am

I’m a long time TM vet. and this game might make me change my whole approach. No more riding kamikazi style into battle like usual!
I hope we get a beta, but then again I hope we don’t. This game is too awesome for a beta. If we get one, I’ll be iffy about playing it, just because I want the full game in my hands so me and a few other vets can show people how it’s done!

zekececil14 said:

July 23rd, 11:37 am

Are they bringing back the way you unlock characters from Black? I always loved searching the cities for those special cars!

wocyob said:

July 23rd, 11:46 am

god cant wait for this game… twisted metal was just sooooo much fun back then.

also was there a release date that i missed at some point?

Destiny89 said:

July 23rd, 11:48 am

Thanks guys ,looking forward to it

MONCKYZ said:

July 23rd, 12:01 pm

so…what does the player being dragged/carried by the car do, just wait?

chopper731 said:

July 23rd, 12:08 pm

I love Twisted Metal. I remember playing 1 and 2 alllll the time as a kid with my best friend. I am so glad that we are getting a new one!

poodude said:

July 23rd, 12:12 pm

So, there’s gonna be split screen then? Nice.

@MONCKYZ That isn’t a player being dragged. It’s the objective (like a flag in CTF).

Steema said:

July 23rd, 12:31 pm

David Jaffe and Scott Campbell are great guys, calling all cars was a great, fun game that surprised me when I got it for free with Qore. Great interview Jeff, thanks for the info the gamer community appreciates it.

Steema said:

July 23rd, 12:34 pm

Did David say split-screen? Im going to force my wife into playing this with me. That feature just sold at least one copy of this game!

spunnups said:

July 23rd, 12:40 pm

The game looks amazing and you can totally tell that it’s being made with the Warhawk engine, which was a GREAT decisions IMO. Cannot wait to see this game when it gets closer to releasing. Twisted Metal is top 5 franchises of all time for me.

x-former said:

July 23rd, 12:57 pm

@22

The first time i saw this i immediately thought of Warhawk…and i love the look of Warhawk.

So has the engine been confirmed?

Great interview btw…

G1283 said:

July 23rd, 1:04 pm

4 player split screen co op and good old twisted memories.
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Exypher said:

July 23rd, 1:17 pm

I won’t buy this if it’s rated T. Sorry Jaffe, but Black was my favorite Twisted Metal entry.

zekececil14 said:

July 23rd, 1:18 pm

@19, actually it is a player being dragged, more specifically its the faction lead. He/she represent a flag in Nuke mode.

BigBoss712 said:

July 23rd, 1:19 pm

Can’t wait to see more of the game, been ages since a good car combat game.

zekececil14 said:

July 23rd, 1:23 pm

Are you guys giving out a collectors edition? It could include a model of Sweet Tooth’s truck and/or a Sweet Toth mask like the one the guy had on at E3!

Kchow23 said:

July 23rd, 1:23 pm

been a while since I’ve played TM… not sure I’ll buy this since I’m not that big on multiplayer

Airwalkinman17 said:

July 23rd, 1:33 pm

Oh hell YES!
David Jaffe, you are awesome. I love how direct and honest he is. My most anticipated game of 2011 by miles. The thing I love about Jaffe the most is that he still remembers how fun it is to play SPLIT SCREEN with someone next to you. So many games are missing it or funking it up (looking at LOST PLANET 2’s crappy split screen). But anyway, he knows how to design incredible games. My moneys going to you day 1.

mcbuttz78 said:

July 23rd, 1:37 pm

WOW jeff thats a cool hand mic you got.. I noticd not even the great D jeffe got to touch it lmao..

Carl-G said:

July 23rd, 1:43 pm

Good interview man;) Never tried a Twisted Metal game before.

Will it have 4 player split-screen off-line mode?

thegiblet75 said:

July 23rd, 1:45 pm

This video is totally broken – maybe Vimeo has broken Firefox support even more?

thegiblet75 said:

July 23rd, 1:45 pm

Oh, I mean Viddler.

D-Squad3 said:

July 23rd, 2:12 pm

Jaffe FTW

voltron197930 said:

July 23rd, 2:17 pm

HECK YEAH!!! Twisted metal1,2 and black are some of my all time faves! The multiplayer looks insane, think it’s going to rock so hard! may get me to kick fps’s for a bit. But please keep the tone and M rating from black

Jeigh said:

July 23rd, 2:51 pm

Guys… I understand wanting to keep in line with the standard set by Black (not a big fan, but it wasn’t bad), but have you looked at the PS3 game library lately? I walked into Target the other day, took a look at the Wii’s embarrassingly bad offerings, then took a look at the PS3’s AAA-studded setup wondering why anyone wouldn’t go with the PS3. Turns out I could have counted on one hand the number of games without M’s on them. Take a look at that video and tell me it looks bad- who cares if they cut out some blood or profanity? Lower the bar a little and let those poor teenagers legitimately play with us rather than asking that they wait six years to enjoy the hell out of it.

On a sidenote, Praise be to the Jaffe, Father of Kratos, Hallowed be thy name. What is your commmand? Get this game? Gotcha, I’m on it.

Demonic_Clown said:

July 23rd, 3:13 pm

I seriously can’t wait for this game. You better be throwing out a beta for Plus members.

warezIbanez said:

July 23rd, 3:17 pm

Yep, this is a day 1 purchase.

\m/

pieeater100 said:

July 23rd, 3:17 pm

Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!! is this game coming out this year or next year

BalramRules said:

July 23rd, 4:41 pm

hopefully we will be able to bring play, create & share to twisted metal, our own game modes, our own maps, our own vehicles, our own clowns etc. etc. =P

XxNo0b_H8rxX said:

July 23rd, 5:12 pm

One of the few Ps3 exclusives I can wait for but will be picking up

MoneyMaker110 said:

July 23rd, 5:27 pm

love what i see so far

barnaclejoe said:

July 23rd, 5:47 pm

Twisted Metal 2 was the only game I owned for a YEAR when I first bought my PlayStation. We played it almost every day. Me and my brother and my dad. It was a great bonding experience.

My dad still talks about wishing he had a machine gun on his car when we get stuck in traffic.

So, ya, the online-faction gameplay seems cool, but I’m hoping for something that can take me back to those days.

The days of camping out in a pyramid in the lava level, or blowing up the Eiffel tower to get on the roof tops in Paris… using the napalm to burn portions off the wall to discover secrets. ohhh the secrets. TM2 had SO many codes, including non-cheating ones to jump and shoot freezing iceballs.

It is so true that what made TM2 so fun was that it was a battle to get someone to die (unless you were a very powerful, but unarmoured car)… and the specials were so much fun as well.. I remember my brother and dad both loved to be spectre, because his special could go through walls and use homing to find enemies, but once you found him, his armor wasn’t enough to handle some of the other attacks. It’s fun to reminisce about TM.

So, that is why I am excited about this game. I just hope it can recapture some of that spirit.

CDubyahS said:

July 23rd, 8:55 pm

mario kart with rockets lol grow up why is mario rated M?!?!?

SarshelYam said:

July 23rd, 9:16 pm

There are a lot of folks on here who seemed to have missed the fact Jaffe said this would be a “T” Rated game. It’s much more of the original tongue-in-cheek TM from the original 3 entries, not Twisted Metal Black’s “M” rating.

Antonisbob said:

July 23rd, 11:09 pm

hahaha this is gonig to be the best game ever! w00t TM is back! hell yeah!!

GrimAssaSin805 said:

July 24th, 3:43 am

sweet can’t wait =D

jacob-813 said:

July 24th, 7:30 am

I agree with 37

barnaclejoe said:

July 24th, 2:12 pm

If you want to campaign for fewer M rated games, PLEASE start on a different game than Twisted Metal!

PAGE 1 2