Uncharted 4

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jul 25, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Here’s your San Diego Comic-Con Edition of What We Read. I feel like more interesting tidbits came out of the Con this year, but that’s for you to judge. And if we missed any stories (there’s still another day of Comic-Con-ing to go), please link to below.

Oh, and please be sure to click back over to the blog in a few hours, as we’ll have a special, downloadable, Comic-con-related treat for you.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of July 19, 2010)

+ Destiny89 on July 25th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

@Jeff

I have been wanting to ask this question for quite sometime now :P. do you think we’ll ever see Sony letting us change or give us a way to be able to change the PSN ID names? the Japanese PSN already have that by paying a small fee in-order to change their PSN ID names. it would be great to be able to have that maybe put a rule that every PSN user can change his/her PSN ID name once a year by paying lets say $1.99?? or make it something exclusive to PSN+ members?? i mean look at my PSN ID name lol. i want to change it and no i dont want to make a whole new account because im at trophy level 13.
so please try to pass on to Sony hopefully this happens soon. lastly yes it is already on the share blog

+ Destiny89 on July 25th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Thats odd, my number 2 comment says awaiting moderation even tho i did not submit any links. why? hope you can see it Jeff as im waiting for a reply
Thanks

+ Bethanator5000 on July 25th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

FINALLY Netflix without a disc.

+ NickDude on July 25th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

there was a very good idea on the EU Forums that suggested using your favorite trophy as your avatar. That’s a cracking idea.

+ solace357 on July 25th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

Wish i could justify a dead space backpack haha. Might pick up some of those lithographs while the comic-con sale is going on

+ RandySore on July 25th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

This could possibly be the best gaming news week of this month. Fighting games are fighting back to shooters, about time to have old franchises and new ones.

@Jeff I hope you got some more news on Comic-Con although, it ends today maybe some videos you have in-store for us?

Last week of this month and 15 days or so until Gamescom.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 25th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

I filmed our panels, look for highlights this week.

+ KiLLaNoiZ_P on July 25th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

@ jeff any possibility of adding NBA MLB NFL OR NHL team logos as avatars???

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

I’m sure anything is *possible*, I just don’t think they’re imminent. I agree this is a great idea, and I’ve brought it up in the past. We’ve been rolling out the avatars steadily, so please stay tuned.

+ Jeigh on July 25th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Not to be a stickler (because usually I’m so lax XD), but isn’t this post supposed to come on Sunday? >.>

Anyway, Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5 are on my ‘must-have’ Move list- both had control schemes that I really couldn’t get behind, and the Move seems like a solid fix. Any news on other already-released games that’ll be getting Move updates? Lair, PAIN, KZ2, Lost Planet…? You could pretty much look for any game where controls were a complaint and almost instantly improve it, perhaps convincing gaming sites to re-rate them…

+ KazeEternal on July 25th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

@Jeff
Hey I think there is some Legit discussion going on about God of War Ghost of Sparta Pre-order bonus’ going on with the forum and I’m inclined to agree with them.

Are there any plans to resolve this Pre-order bonus situation for individuals looking to download the game from the PlayStation Store?

+ Jeigh on July 25th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

Ah. sh–!

It IS Sunday. >.>

Where’d my Saturday go!? I want it back! ;_;

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 25th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

See, you ARE lax. PS tomorrow will suck for you, you’ll feel like you’re working on Sunday.

+ StealthReborn– on July 25th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

Im sure everyone would agree when I say, “Bring on God of War 3 DLC!!” I think it’s about that time? :)

+ JetSetFuture on July 25th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Thanks to that Joystiq news story, I pre-ordered Scott Pilgrim from UbiShop. Now I’m left with a redeem code that’s taunting me (it won’t activate until August 10). The agony!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 25th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

I played one of the levels this weekend (with Bryan Lee O’Malley, no less). Make sure to bring some friends over, there are some fun combo attacks.

+ Watchmann on July 25th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

Hi Jeff

Can you please clear up some confusion in regards to PS+ subscription content and the contradictory statements we’ve had over the last few weeks on the PS Blog.

Two weeks ago Grace had indicated that PS+ add-on content that’s Free will generally expire should you choose not to renew your subscription.

However another blog posting (June 24th: playstation-plus-your-questions-answered) states:

“Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.”

PS+ subscribers would like some clarification as to whether their freebie DLC (in this case, the Tik Games add-ons) will expire or are yours to keep beyond the terms of your subscription.

Thanks

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 25th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

OK here’s the official word. In some ways, they’re both right:

Free add-ons expire if your subscription ends.
    Add-ons you pay for (even if you pay at a discount) are yours to keep for good. The same thing is true for games- free ones expire if you don’t renew your subscription. Anything you pay for – even at a discount – is yours forever.
    Themes and avatars that are free, stay free for good.

There may be instances where a downloadable game is free and the add-on is priced at a discount. In this case, if your subscription ends, you would still have access to the DLC, but would need to re-purchase the game in order to use the add-on.

+ disneyboy20022 on July 25th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

Hi Jeff,

I think I speak for all PSP GO owners that want to know if you did find out anything about Kingdom Hearts Birthy By Sleep whether it will be on the PSN Network for the PSP Go when it’s released or if not why is it UMD Only?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on July 25th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

You’re not the first to ask about htis. I’ve passed on the request to Square Enix.

+ Watchmann on July 25th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Thanks for clarifying, Jeff.

+ BalramRules on July 25th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

GREAT UPDATES!
Probably most of it is due to the comic con lool =P

+ krae_man on July 25th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

It’s not “Both right in some ways” Jeff. One person said free DLC would be yours forever, someone else said it would expire when the subscription expired. They were contradictory statements. Someone got it wrong.

Also, if Birth By Sleep isn’t available for download, Sony you got some explaining to do showing the game on a PSP Go screen during the PSP montage at your E3 presser.

+ krae_man on July 25th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

“Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them”

Sounds to me like something was included in that blanket statement(probably the add-ons) that wasn’t supposed to be.

My guess is PSN plus members might get stuff like an exclusive Sackboy costume for free that they will be able to keep forever(“premium game elements”), but DLC does expire when the subscriptions expire and including it that paragraph with Dynamic themes, Avatars and Premium game elements was a mistake.

+ Appo on July 25th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

Hey, Jeff, I was curious if you guys will have a mert-up again for PAX. I noticed you guys didn’t have one for Comic-Con, so it got me wondering.

+ estrada44 on July 25th, 2010 at 8:31 pm said:

add me

+ dudehere3 on July 26th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

I read on playstationlifestyle.com that something HUGE,HUGE,HUGE was going to be anounced in the UK today. Is there any word on anything for north america? or is it just something for euro ps3 owners?

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on July 31st, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

This is BS. Both the EU and US blogs tell us that add-ons will be ours to keep forever. Then everyone pays their $50. Now we find out that they are NOT ours to keep, with no apology or explanation. Great false advertising.