LittleBigPlanet 3

Coming Tuesday to PSN: Earthworm Jim HD for PS3

Jen Kye's Avatar + Posted by Jen Kye on Jul 29, 2010 // Social Media Editor, Gameloft

Remember playing Earthworm Jim during the glorious 16-bit era? How about battling Major Mucus and Evil the Cat? Or saving Princess What’s-Her-Name?

PlayStation Network: Earthworm Jim HD

If you don’t recall ever playing Earthworm Jim, I can only shake my head with utter sorrow. Who else but an ordinary earthworm can transcend fleeing from crows and eating dirt to become a mutated superhero?

Cue the dramatic music.

Get your Plasma Baster ready for some trigger happy times in the sweet world of high definition graphics — thanks to the amazing team at Gameloft, they’ve given all the original levels in the single-player campaign a healthy HD face-lift. As an added bonus, you’ll discover three exclusive levels which you can now venture through in a never-before-seen setting.

Not one for solo adventures? Gameloft has you covered. Earthworm Jim HD offers local and online 2-4 player co-op gameplay in 15 multiplayer levels! You can also team up with your buddies to (you know) launch cows or madly whip space ships.

PlayStation Network: Earthworm Jim HD PlayStation Network: Earthworm Jim HD

Did I mention, launching cows?

Simply strap into the Ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit™ (Super Suit for short) and be prepared to take down Psy-Crow!

Earthworm Jim HD will be hitting the PlayStation Network on August 3rd at an awesome price of $9.99!

123 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Demonspeed7 on July 30th, 2010 at 12:36 am said:

This game is a classic. I played it back when it came out for the SEGA Genesis. Awesome job Sony

+ Demonspeed7 on July 30th, 2010 at 12:42 am said:

Yo, besides earthworm jim I’d love to see Battle Toads. Another old school classic

+ Demonspeed7 on July 30th, 2010 at 12:46 am said:

I don’t see any mention of trophies for this game. What gives? Tell me there’s trophies Sony. You know how us competitive types are.lol

+ halninekay on July 30th, 2010 at 2:11 am said:

+1 for Toejam & Earl HD.. That and Jim were pretty much my 2 favourite games on the Genesis, and PSN already dropped 2 of my favourite arcade games in the shape of GTI Club and Final Fight… Now just gimme House Of The Dead and I’ll love you forever!

+ Mr_LOVE_MACHiNE_ on July 30th, 2010 at 2:11 am said:

hell mofo yea!!!! bring back the CLASSICS !! where is Turtles Tournament Fighters?

+ GUNBEHINDTHESUN on July 30th, 2010 at 3:26 am said:

I like Earthworm Jim, but shouldn’t this version move more smoothly? For it’s time the animations were good but today they could be even better.

+ barit on July 30th, 2010 at 4:37 am said:

Nice. Some old Genesis flair comes back to PSN. Can u now please bring Flashback: Quest of Identity in HD to PSN. That would be awesome :D

+ BananaFish on July 30th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

The WORM shall twist & turn again!

+ phade2blaq on July 30th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Oh yeah ! I remember playing EWJ back on my old SNES and boy was it loads of fun ! Peter Puppy, Princess-What’s-Name, and Psycrow !

Can’t wait to get this ! Now if we could get “Flashback: The Quest For Identity” “Fade To Black”, “Out Of This World” or “Heart Of The Alien” , I’ll be back in 16-bit heaven on my PS3 !

Rotoscoped animation ! Yeah !

+ Pelt_Hunter on July 30th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

How nostalgic. Instant buy with the HD graphics. Not many games hold up that were in the 16 bit days but this sure does. I played it a year or so back and it’s just wonderful still. The new graphics should be a pleaser.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on July 30th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

awesome I have it on my iphone but it’s definitely worth buying on the PS3, hopefully you’ll release EWJ2 cause I think it was even better.

+ JEAREVALO on July 31st, 2010 at 3:57 am said:

i use to watch the tv show and ply the game on my Sega Gennesis, i needs to get this game.

+ Dartanyan614 on July 31st, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Im sooo getting it!!

+ LION313131 on July 31st, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

@46

All u have to do is go to info for one of your games give it a genre u want i.e. shooter, zombie, Game Show, Misc. Then sort your games by folders. Real Easy

+ Eldar_God on August 1st, 2010 at 12:16 am said:

i bought it, im fan of the original and the HD edition works perfectly with adding new modes. all of them execute very well.
i want more new bonus levels please,3 its not enough.
also you should add an ultra hard difficultly setting.
but overall its great edition and worth the price tag.

+ Eldar_God on August 1st, 2010 at 12:19 am said:

i have european account***

+ J-DOG15390 on August 1st, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

Can i just ask why playstations doing so poorly with psp and why do we have to wait so long 4 useless updates like being able to sort out files.And that their to focused on ps3 I realy think u can make playstation network a lot better than it is for psp.

+ J-DOG15390 on August 1st, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

Soon nintendo ds will become better than psp if playstation keep it the way it is now.Nintendos already doing better especialy with the new 3DS their developing.

+ iamR3Dsuave on August 1st, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

Nice

+ KIKO_SE7EN on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

ONE OF THE BEST CLASSICS.!

+ wareLORD on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

uhh?? its tuesday wheres the game i just looked on psn no earthworm jim??

+ SNIPER_1x1 on August 4th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

tried the demo earlier LOVED IT!!! im gonna buy this game..especially as its price is $9.99 lol bargain if u ask me

+ restlesscow on August 18th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said: